PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Groudon EX and Kyogre EX

Tyrannix
28th June 2003, 05:41 PM
Just got these new cards with my most recent issue of Nintendo Power, so here's the stats on em:

Groudon EX Fighting type, 120 HP
Basic Pokemon: EX effect: When KOed, opponent draws two prizes instead of one.

Four Fighting Energies: Major Earthquake 80 Discard a Fighting energy card attached to Groudon ex. Does 10 damage to your benched pokemon (Don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon). Weakness: Grass, Resistance: N/a Retreat Cost: 3

Kyogre EX Water type, 120 HP

Four Water Energies: Major Flood 60 Discard a Water Energy card attached to Kyogre EX. Does 10 damage to each benched pokemon (Both yours and your opponent's). (don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon). Weakness: Electricity, Resistance: N/A, Retreat Cost 3 Colorless

My opinion: ewwwwwww.... nice HP for a basic of course, (Very nice) But the attacks utterly suck, as do the retreat cost. They MIGHT be usable with a combo.. Like a certain Unown.
Discuss.

Roarkiller
28th June 2003, 10:58 PM
A certain unown... with a certain trainer. There's a card that changes ur pkmn's type to colorless *hint hint*

Obviously Groudon's better, if ur gonna use either, duh.

White Gryphon
9th July 2003, 09:43 PM
If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I would go with Kyogre, since it also damages my opponent's Bench, whereas Groudon will only damage my own Bench, even though Groudon does more damage to my opponent's Active...

Of course, once it comes into play, your opponent will do anything in his/her power to bring it out and start pounding on it while you're still powering it up... which could allow it to serve as a useful distraction while you do something else behind the scenes, then Scoop Up or Mr. Fuji Groudon/Kyogre out of harm's way.

Zombie
9th July 2003, 10:29 PM
In the old days Id say that these arent very playable, however im not up-to-date with the current meta-game.

You can always trade them if you have the NP subscription.

Roarkiller
10th July 2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Zombie
In the old days Id say that these arent very playable, however im not up-to-date with the current meta-game.

You can always trade them if you have the NP subscription.

*cough*charizard*cough*

Blastoise is a good combo to go with Kyogre. Transparent walls should help too. Of course, this is a suggestion for Unlimited. In modified, if say ur better off using smthng else.

Dont worry Mike, im not that up to date either. Behind by 2 sets collection-wise, by 3 sets playing-wise.

Mikey
10th July 2003, 05:28 PM
I just started collecting again since Neo Genesis, so I'm not that inclined. I feel that these cardsare decent if used right. They should be powered up on the bench and not put into play till them, as u are risking loosing 2 prize cards. Their HP gives them an advantage, and with some gold berry trainer cards, they should be unstopable.

Alec Trevelyan
10th July 2003, 11:45 PM
i'd rather the fighting poke cuz u may use hitmonchan as a support. Hum, and dunno, i prefer fighting/rock d00ds :P

cya :wave: :wave: :wave:

SWAMPERT1
14th July 2003, 07:38 PM
when did you getthe cards?

Dark-San
14th July 2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Tyrannix
Groudon EX Fighting type, 120 HP

Four Fighting Energies: Major Earthquake 80 Discard a Fighting energy card attached to Groudon ex. Does 10 damage to your benched pokemon (Don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon). Weakness: Grass, Resistance: N/a Retreat Cost: 3

Kyogre EX Water type, 120 HP

Four Water Energies: Major Flood 60 Discard a Water Energy card attached to Kyogre EX. Does 10 damage to each benched pokemon (Both yours and your opponent's). (don't apply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon). Weakness: Electricity, Resistance: N/A, Retreat Cost 3 Colorless

Yawww =D finally some pokestuffs~ I'm actually tired seeing lots of those yu gay hoh posts these days...

My comments:

Groudon EX Fighting type
Standard: Do not ever used tis card. Tis fella will probably end up in the discard section even b4 it get power up!
Modified: No idea yet! The last set I touched on was the set b4 aquapolis.

Kyogre EX Water type
Standard: Like wat roarkiller says! Blastoise's raindance combo wif those sweet rocket mimefield. Anti baby I guess....
Modified: Can't think of any at the moment.

Guess I better hurry in learning those yu gay hoh stuffs if I want to get update with time! -_-"

Mikey
14th July 2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
when did you getthe cards?

I got them at the beginning of the month in My July Nintendo Power.

SWAMPERT1
14th July 2003, 10:44 PM
would the mag still be sellin?

Mikey
14th July 2003, 10:48 PM
Yep, go to your nearest store that sells Magazines and you should find it. Not sure if you have to be subscribed to get them though.

SWAMPERT1
18th July 2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
Yep, go to your nearest store that sells Magazines and you should find it. Not sure if you have to be subscribed to get them though. thanx i got em

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 11:39 PM
Just so you guys know, at the San Diego Gen Con, you could win a holo version of the Kyogre ex and Groudon ex, but they are numbered promos 10 and 11. I am sure there will be some other way to get them again in the future.