View Full Version : Business Tower

Little_Pikachu
28th June 2003, 06:25 PM
Business Tower

The Dark Master
1st July 2003, 06:18 AM
I want some feedback on how I could get something like this working:

Dark Castle Tournament

Welcome to my Dark Castle, atop of the Floating Island of darkness thousands of miles in the blue sky where you cannot see the sunlight except the darkness and fog around you. This tournament is unlike any other tournament in ASB history, this one is fact large and is different. In this tournament you must find opponents in the tourney by walking around the rooms and walls of the very castle.
You get to decide the prizes in this tournament, but in order for you get them you must win your prize.
The way it works if you choose among two prize cards, which will be shown and described below. Second you must attain six small objects, which we here call “Spirit Chips”. These spirit chips are what you need in order to succeed, when you attain siz spirit chips you are officially done with the tournament and are given your prize that you yourself picked.
When you have zero spirit chips you are kicked out of the tournament.
Upon entering you are given two spirit chips and I “The Dark Master” shall monitor the castle and announce who is in the same room you are in and give you directions to as where the doors are and other rooms visible.
When you enter a room, a hall, a garden or anything, if you are given the response that there is another person in the room the first person that announces that they wish to challenge them will begin a battle.
When announcing s battle, the person who began the battle sets the demand on how many spirit chips you wager for the battle.
You wager spirit chips in order to attain more.
Wagering too less will result in a slow victory but could be safe by staying in the game more.
Wagering too much will result in getting a head start offhand but if you run short on spirit chips you could be kicked out quicker.

The prizes are as follows:

A.) Kings Glory card: A prize of 20 yen

B.) Egg card: A prize of a pokemon of your choice in its lowest form.

The battles will be 2 v 2 pokemon battles and I “The Dark Master” will be reffing them and will give arena descriptions and conditions.
There will be only six winners to the tournament and you must fight over for you prizes in this tournament.

If at all no one is challenging anyone or isn’t battling I myself will have to make people battle against other people to keep things going, not trying to harsh.

Entrance Fee: 10 yen

Participants: 16

Don't Run With Scizors
1st July 2003, 10:27 AM
TDM: Let's see...

Details you might want to include:

- How many Pokémon each trainer can bring into the castle (I know you said 2-vs.-2 match, but you could possibly bring in six Pokémon in and only battle with two at a time)

- Is that a 2-vs.-2 tag match or is it simply "one Pokémon out at a time"?

Now, you'll need to pay the overhead for all your prizes, too. I don't remember what's the overhead cost for basic Pokémon nowadays (you could ask Moltrecuno, since the overhead she pays for baby and basic Pokémon will be same you'll have to pay), but I'm fairly certain you'll be paying more to get the King's Card than the Egg Card. If you use the entry fees to pay the overhead, the minimum amount of money you'll earn from the tournament is 40¥.

FlareonX
1st July 2003, 01:33 PM
The Simple Tournament of Moderate Fun

Participants: 8

Refs: Myself and one other willing person

Entrance Fee: 10¥

1st place prize: 35¥

2nd place prize: 20¥

3rd-8th place: A complimentary plushie of your favorite Eeveelution. A true collector's item!

The other ref will receive 20¥ while I will receive nothing.

As the title suggest, this is a plain and simple tournament. All battles will be 2 on 2, with one pokemon out at a time. Combatants will be paired up randomly. The arena for each match will be the following:

FX's dome of fun!

This dome uses high-tech secret technology, so advanced I won't bother explaining how it works. This dome randomly changes the arena every two rounds(meaning you battle in a particular arena for two rounds, then the arena changes at the start of the third round before the attacks are ordered), so as to ensure some form of fairness in each and every match. The arenas are as follows:

Indigo Stadium: The sun is shining, a crowd has gathered, and the combatants will battle it out in the most overused stadium in ASB. While the crowd may be simulated, please try to avoid injuring them in any way. Fake people have feelings too!

Forest: A very thick forest, only small slivers of sunlight penetrate the thick foliage. Bug pokemon are abundant.

Grass: A large open grass field.

Cave: A dark cave deep below the surface. Scary.

A River: It's a river that flows slowly, with land on both sides. Perhaps your pokemon will enjoy a quick swim?

A Desert: Scorching heat and sand as far as the eye can see.

A Trash Dump: The local dump. Your pokemon battle it out on top of a huge pile of refuse. Trainers are advised to bring nose clips.

A Huge Ice Cream Cone: Your pokemon battle it out on top of a gigantic ice cream cone(Mint chocolate chip, my favorite). The cone is always held upright by mysterious forces. Be careful in the second round as the ice cream melts awfully quickly for some reason. The chocolate chips are the size of basketballs and quite hard, so use them as you wish. Who says you can't play with your food? Oh, and don't worry about falling off the sides. The floor is covered with previously melted ice cream so your landing will be cushioned.

A Cheerleader's Locker Room: Because I felt like programming it in. It's actually incredibly large for some reason, although flying and very large pokemon may be at a disadvantage. Be sure not to upset these temperamental girls.

Other Rules: Third stage pokemon are not allowed. You may only have four pokemon with you for the entire tournament, so choose wisely. All entrants must PM me with your four different pokemon before the tournament starts. Rest and Metronome are banned. Sig moves are allowed.

I'll be posting a mock reffing soon, so if anyone wishes to see how I ref they can use that as a reference. If anyone has a question, post it in the topic or PM me.

That's what I have so far for my tournament. If anything else is needed please let me know. Heh, it's been awhile.

The Dark Master
1st July 2003, 08:03 PM
OKay, whats the overhead? I don't understand what you mean.

Who do I talk to about getting the poke's for prizes then, Moltrecuno? Try to work a deal with her and the park???

The Dark Master
1st July 2003, 08:05 PM
Whats the overhead? I dont understand, I don't work well with big words if I dont know what it means.

Where would I get the pokemon from? The park? Try and arranage a deal with the park to buy quanititys of certain pokemon as prizes?

Little_Pikachu
2nd July 2003, 03:23 PM
The Dark Master:
What are your reffing arrangements? Will you be paying refs, or are the players expected to find their own for free? Or will you attempt to ref a sixteen-way free-for-all? (Trust me, this isn't easy.)

Overhead costs are basically an amount of money taken away from the money you get from the players. This overhead is removed from ASB. You get what's left over, to do with as you please. Currently, it doesn't look like you'll have any trouble covering expenses, except possibly if the refs demand a whole mess of pay. You CAN get the prizes from businesses if you like, but it'll usually be cheaper to do it the regular way. The only time I've ever seen anyone use a business service as a prize was in one of Moltrecuno's tourneys, and she used some of her own business's services to both cover the tournament prize thing AND to get people coming to her business. Shrewd business maneuver on her part, but it doesn't always work that well.

Oh, and those other things DRWS mentioned will need to be specified, too.

FlareonX:
How many rounds? And do you have the other ref picked out?

Note that you can't ban Rest and Metronome, or any other move for that manner. You can request that they not be used, or supply an arena where they would cause an immediate disadvantage. Better yet, you can ref them in such a way that they are properly balanced and do not provide an unfair advantage. In any case, nobody can set up a [use move]-->[instand DQ] condition as a rule in battle, regardless of whether it is a tourney or a normal battle. Asking nicely and expecting them to follow the honor system, though, is just fine.

Ultimate Charizard
2nd July 2003, 04:13 PM
This is probably not the right place to post this but since it is Tournament related.

Im looking to suggest someone start a 'Whirl Cup' style tournament. Basically, nothin but water types. I would start it myself but id actually like to compete in it rather than run it.

Just an idea for anyone who cant think of a decent tourney.

The Dark Master
2nd July 2003, 06:47 PM
I stated in the description Im gonna ref them all imp and how would I get the pokemon? Talk to moltrecuno and arrange a deal?

Dark Castle Tournament

Welcome to my Dark Castle, atop of the Floating Island of darkness thousands of miles in the blue sky where you cannot see the sunlight except the darkness and fog around you. This tournament is unlike any other tournament in ASB history, this one is fact large and is different. In this tournament you must find opponents in the tourney by walking around the rooms and walls of the very castle.
You get to decide the prizes in this tournament, but in order for you get them you must win your prize.
The way it works if you choose among two prize cards, which will be shown and described below. Second you must attain six small objects, which we here call “Spirit Chips”. These spirit chips are what you need in order to succeed, when you attain siz spirit chips you are officially done with the tournament and are given your prize that you yourself picked.
Upon entering you are given two spirit chips and I “The Dark Master” shall monitor the castle and announce who is in the same room you are in and give you directions to as where the doors are and other rooms visible.
When you enter a room, a hall, a garden or anything, if you are given the response that there is another person in the room the first person that announces that they wish to challenge them will begin a battle.
When announcing s battle, the person who began the battle sets the demand on how many spirit chips you wager for the battle.
Wagering too less will result in a slow victory but could be safe by staying in the game more.
Wagering too much will result in getting a head start offhand but if you run short on spirit chips you could be kicked out quicker.

A.) Kings Glory card: A prize of 40 yen

The battles will be 2 v 2 pokemon battles with one pokemon at a time and I “The Dark Master” will be reffing them and will give arena descriptions and conditions.
You may bring only six pokemon into the castle and you must PM me your team after you have paid.
There will be only three winners to the tournament and you must fight over for you prizes in this tournament.

If at all no one is challenging anyone or isn’t battling I myself will have to make people battle against other people to keep things going, not trying to harsh.

Little_Pikachu
2nd July 2003, 11:42 PM
Unless you have something special in mind, where you get your pokémon will take care of itself. It will, in fact, be far less expensive than the King's Glory prize.

Speaking of which... ¥40 is a tad been high, yes? Do the math. If you have 16 entries, and they each pay ¥10 to enter, that means you get ¥160 to pay for prizes. You have six winners, so if they all choose King's Glory, 6 x ¥40 = ¥240. With ¥160 coming in and ¥240 going out, you'd lose money if they all picked King's Glory. Is this really okay with you?

I'm not quite clear on why you changed that prize... With the old value, 6 x ¥20 = ¥120, leaving ¥40 for profits... More if everyone went with catches.

The Dark Master
3rd July 2003, 03:42 AM
If you noticed I changed the winners from 6 to 3 so I still get my 40 profit and give the people who more a winning prize then before and how this and I'll prolly add it in the description.

I buy the pokemon from a pokemon park owned by Silph? 35 yen to get pokemon caught and shipped to the castle for prize giving.

Hows that? or 40 yen instead of 35.

FlareonX
3rd July 2003, 09:32 PM
Okay, some things I didn't know and others I left out by accident. I don't have the other ref picked yet, but I am looking. I'm not going to repost the arena since it would be a waste of space, unless I have to. I'll repost the other information with changes made.

The Simple Tournament of Moderate Fun

Participants: 8

Rounds: 3
Once you lose you are out. It goes from 8 - 4 - 2 - 1(final winner) Only the two combatants in the final round receive a monetary prize.

Refs: Myself and one other willing person

Entrance Fee: 10¥

1st place prize: 35¥

2nd place prize: 20¥

3rd-8th place: A complimentary plushie of your favorite Eeveelution. A true collector's item!

The other ref will receive 20¥ while I will receive nothing.

As the title suggest, this is a plain and simple tournament. All battles will be 2 on 2, with one pokemon out at a time. Combatants will be paired up randomly. The arena for each match will be the following:

Arena description goes here

Other Rules: Third stage pokemon are not allowed. You may only have four pokemon with you for the entire tournament, so choose wisely. All entrants must PM me with your four different pokemon before the tournament starts. It is requested that no pokemon uses any self-recovery move(Rest, Recover, Milk Drink, Softboiled, etc.). Although it is allowed, don't be surprised if the dome places your pokemon in an unfavorable position once the arena changes.

I'll be posting a mock reffing soon, so if anyone wishes to see how I ref they can use that as a reference. If anyone has a question, post it in the topic or PM me.

Little_Pikachu
31st July 2003, 12:55 PM
Probably all fine. Where does that last ¥5 go?

Charizard04621
13th August 2003, 05:35 PM
Question about merging businesses. Is it allowed?

Little_Pikachu
13th August 2003, 08:03 PM
In some cases it might be, in others... no. You'd have to be more specific as to which businesses you wanted to merge.

Charizard04621
14th August 2003, 03:58 PM
Just the Breeding Emporium and the Sig Deletion Center. Not like the Sig Deletion Center merging with the Breeding Emporium's gonna create some kind of evil monopoly or something. I mean, come on, it's a Sig Deletion Center. :P

Little_Pikachu
15th August 2003, 12:22 AM
Meh... I guess that wouldn't be a problem. At least, I can't think of a good reason to have a problem with it.

Prodigy
15th August 2003, 12:37 AM
Would it be as simple as having the two seperate topics closed and then posting a new one with the combined services, or is there more to it than that?

Little_Pikachu
17th August 2003, 01:33 PM
Also, you must inscribe a Magic Circle and travel to Abenobashi Pocket Monster Shotengai, where you must defeat the Oni that threatens that world. With the Oni's defeat, you get one wish, and with that wish you can get the power to merge a business.

No, really, just post a new thread.

The Dark Master
31st August 2003, 12:26 AM
I would like to know just how much would it cost for pokemon prizes since I have no idea on how to interpret it in to my tourney I want to make. I would also like to know how it costs to make it and its too much for me to pay, could be possible to pay half temporarly?

Dark Castle Tournament

Welcome to my Dark Castle, atop of the Floating Island of Darkness thousands of miles in the blue sky where you cannot see the sunlight except the darkness and fog around you. This tournament is unlike any other tournament in ASB history, this one is fact large and is different. In this tournament you must find opponents in the tourney by walking around the rooms and walls of the very castle.
The way it works is you choose between two prize cards, which will be shown and described below. Second you must attain six small objects, which we here call “Spirit Chips”. These spirit chips are what you need in order to succeed, when you attain six spirit chips you are officially done with the tournament and are given your prize that you yourself picked.
When announcing battles, the person who began the battle sets the demand on how many spirit chips you wager for the battle.
Wagering too much will result in getting a head start getting an advantage of chips but if you run short on spirit chips you could be kicked out quicker.

A.) Kings Glory card: A prize of 40 yen

The battles will be 2 v 2 pokemon battles with one pokemon at a time and I “The Dark Master” will be reffing them and will give arena descriptions and conditions.
You may bring only six pokemon into the castle and you must post your team in the topic after you have paid.
There will be only three winners to the tournament and you must fight over for you prizes in this tournament.

If at all no one is challenging anyone or isn’t battling I myself will have to make people battle against other people to keep things going, not trying to be harsh.

Andrew
2nd September 2003, 10:06 PM
I apparently owe 100 Yen. Took me a while to save it all up out of my own pocket. *Puts yen on table and walks out*

So it cost me 220 Yen and 4 pokemon to start up a buisness I've profited 7 Yen from. Woo. Go Me.

Razola
23rd September 2003, 03:42 PM
The Strongman Tournament

Cost: 25¥

Participants: Most likely low (under 10), but no set limit.

Prize: Depends on number of entries. If there are eight, chances are it’ll be around 100¥. More people mean more cash! There are NO prizes for 2nd place and below. There can only be one winner. The winner also gets the Strong Belt, which is a neat little image to put in their signature and/or their website.

The prize money will come from both entry fees and my own pocket if it is necessary.

Refs: Depends on number of participants. Will probably pay about 10¥ per match for those willing to volunteer. But if the number of people entering is low, then I will do the matches myself.

Match Type: Two pokemon per trainer, one on one.

Description: The Strongman Competition is only for the most brutal competitors. This is a tournament that favors people who have been in ASB longer (though anyone is allowed to join). As a result, you can expect some great matches as the best in ASB go at it for the prize.

The Strongman only allows pokemon who are at their highest possible evolution stage. Scizor is allowed, but leave your pikachu at home. Hitmonchan: yes, wartortle: no.

Trainers pick out four of their pokemon for the entire tourney. Each match you’ll be using two of these four pokemon to fight with (your choice, of course). To minimize match-ups based on type advantage and weakness, trainers will always PM their pokemon to the ref. The ref will then use a randomizer to determine who posts attacks first.

While arenas are not yet defined, they will accommodate all pokemon. Arenas with lakes and pools will be available for aquatic pokemon like Seaking and Lapras. The arenas will only give competitors what is really needed, their will not be fantasy arenas with special events and circumstances. Mainly dirt arenas with some rocks and pools of water added as needed. Arenas are established after both pokemon have been sent out. Participants are free to voice their complaints about any problems they have with the arena.

The Strongman is a single elimination event. One loss and you are out.

Yumemiru
2nd October 2003, 04:30 PM
Karin and I our delving into our super mod powers to appoint ourselves as temporary business approvers. Usually only Impereon would be able to do this, as he is the Head Business guy, but he's not here. We need business approvers, so here we are.

The Dark Master: I have a little problem with your B prize. Pokémon in their lowest evolutionary forms can still vary greatly in value (e.g., a Magby compared to a Snorlax; baby versus brawns). Ergo, it is difficult for me to choose a set overhead for your pokémon prize. Would you like to narrow down the selection a bit? It would make things a lot easier.

Raz: I highly recommend making a minimum for your number of participants. If only four people sign up, you will definitely lose money, and the tournament would be rather short. But if you want it that way, you can have it. Just answer one question for me: the arenas are selected by whom? I'm assuming you will be selected them, but I just want to see that in writing.

Razola
2nd October 2003, 04:36 PM
Very well... the minimum number of participants is 8. And yes, I'll be making the arenas.

Charizard04621
30th October 2003, 10:10 PM
Erk, I wasn't actually supposed to have to do anything related with this tower... But Raz's post just sitting there neglected is bothering my conscience.

Raz - Looks fine now. Go ahead and start your tourney whenever you want.

dragon684
8th November 2003, 03:26 PM
I once started an egg central. can I open it again? or do I have to pay another 100¥?

Charizard04621
9th November 2003, 08:12 PM
Do you have a link to where you paid for the business? Try to find it, and then post it here. If you manage that, there should be no problem reopening your business.

dragon684
10th November 2003, 10:06 AM
I still have te overhead. Will that do to because the paying happend in the removed business tower.

Charizard04621
11th November 2003, 06:11 PM
You still have the overhead? That's great! Okay, do me a favor and Forward it to me and ASHarris via PM. I'll check it out, and then if everything's okay (should be fine), you can go ahead and start with your business.

[EDIT]: All right, dragon, get started with your business.

Razola
4th December 2003, 09:22 PM
I wish to start a new business:

The Lucky Karp

What is it?: No pokemon world is complete without a casino, and that's exactly what The Lucky Karp is. Contestants can participate in a number of games such as Blackjack and the good ol' slot machines.

What service does it provide? Guests at The Lucky Karp always have the possibility to win it big. To enter the games, guests can bet anything that is accepted by the law. The most common would be money, but pokemon or even businesses are fair game if allowed by the higher-ups. The Lucky Karp will offer similar prizes (though businesses would not be one of them), again the most common being cash. Pokemon caught by the owner at various businesses and matches (and offered as bets) will also be up for grabs. Lastly, pokemon can also be evolved via The Lucky Karp's one-of-a-kind Sweet Soda, which contains only the finest of blended potions and rare candies. Sweet Soda has a limited life-span, however, and those who win it must quickly pick a pokemon to give it to. This is not a prize you can hold onto!

History: The Lucky Karp was founded in 1968 by Nathan "Surefire" Raz. A family business, the casino was mostly run by Nathan's immediate family and other relatives (the Raz family rarely leaves their home town near Magenta City and many generations live there all their lives).

The Lucky Karp has seen many business in the TPMASB come and go, and the casino formed shortly after the league founded it's headquarters in Magenta City (then called Skyblue Town). Always favoring a more kinder theme than the sleazy image most casinos conjure, The Lucky Karp gives back to the community, offering money and pokemon to local businesses and regularly contributed to the ASB Christmas Tree.

Now that Nathan Raz has retired, his son Rorus Raz took over the casino last month and spent the month cleaning up for its grand opening under new management.

Retaining the traditions and service under Nathan, The Lucky Karp has now been polished and has had several small additions to the menus and older games fixed. Hopefully, the Lucky Karp can continue to bring good fortune to the people of the TPMASB.

Charizard04621
4th December 2003, 09:45 PM
Raz: It's an interesting idea, but it's going to need a heck of a lot more organization if it's going to work. Specify the games played and how they'll work in your business. You could add new games to it later on, I suppose.

As for the prizes, what do you plan on offering? I need to know what's at stake if I want to set any kind of overhead. Exactly how much money can people win? Will the pokémon prizes be random, announced before the game starts or only if they are won? How difficult is it to obtain a Sweet Soda? I like the limited life-span idea. Set it to two weeks or so. If I forgot to mention anything, I'll get it with a later post...

Dark Dragonite
7th December 2003, 12:59 PM
Ok, I have to ask this question, because almost every business is slowly dying until the voting is done, and a head is appointed, when can we start slowly integrating Ru/Sa pokemon into Firestorm98's Egg Park, and Moltrcuno's Pokemon capture center??
At this rate, the only businesses making money are the Pokemon Purging, Procreation, etc, and if anyone wants to take a chance on getting an egg, with like a 33% chance of getting a Ru/Sa poke at Dragon684's place.

I understand that to just throw in Ru/Sa pokes would send a business surge, then slowly, really kill business worse at some point, after everyone got what pokes they could afford/want, but, the way it is now, with battles taking as long as they do, and breeding of the Ru/Sa giveaway pokemon, it isn't fair.

Razola
7th December 2003, 01:10 PM
Zard: Specifics will be ready by the end of the week. I didn't want to map the whole thing out and have the idea itself be the part that was unapproved. A casino seemed to be a stretch for the ASB, so I wanted to see if that basic idea was alright before going any further.

Charizard04621
7th December 2003, 03:09 PM
Dark Dragonite: See the 009 industries. As soon as ASHarris announces the new Head Business Approver, the integration of RS into the parks is going to happen. Or even before. As soon as I see her. She's not on on weekends, though.

Raz: Just don't describe alcohol, prostitution, or anything of the kind.

Razola
7th December 2003, 09:36 PM
Here's the skinny:

Games

The Lucky Karp will have only a few games at first, but I assure you more will come in if demand is high.

Slots: Nickel slots, anyone? For a mere ¥5, players can try their chance at winning a bit of extra cash. Simply pull the lever and if you get triple numbers, you win ten times that number! Getting triple 1s gets you 10¥, triple 2s earns 20¥, and so on. The exception is that triple 7s also gets you a Karp Coin (explained later). Cheap and easy.

Blackjack: Simple rules for Blackjack. Beat the dealer and you get double the cash back. Beat the dealer by getting a Blackjack (21 exactly without drawing more cards) and you get a Sweet Shake (explained later) or Karp Coin to boot.

Roulette: Pick a number 1-36 and either Black or Red. If the ball lands on your number you get your money back and a Sweet Shake. Land on your color to get back what you bet. Land on both and you triple the money back OR get your money back along with a Karp Coin AND a Sweet Shake OR get twice your money back and either a Sweet Shake or Karp Coin.

Fifty/Fifty Costs 15¥ to play. You have a 50% chance to get your choice of a Sweet Shake or Karp Coin, and a 50% chance to get absolutely nothing! You're fate is split in half. And even chance to win or lose.

More games to come!

Prizes

Money: Unlike other businesses, The Lucky Karp introduces
the chance to make a little bit of extra cash. What you bet impacts how much you get. Will you play it safe or risk it all?

Sweet Shale: A mix of iron, carbs, zinc, rare candies, and our own secret sauce, this shake boosts a pokemon into the next evolutionary stage. It must be used quickly, as in seven days. For a nominal fee of 5¥, The Lucky Karp can hold off on making your batch for a week. After that week we make the shake and if you don't use the shake it will simply expire and be useless. We at The Lucky Karp are not responsble for expired shakes.

Karp Coins: A sort of currency for our casino, Karp Coins are primarily used to buy pokemon from our stables. At first prices will remain low, but as demand increases certain pokemon will be be a bit more pricey than others.

Karp Coins can also be used for betting. The intial value will be 5¥, but that may change as time goes on. Karp Coins will kept in The Lucky Karp's own personal vault for those who don't want to spend them right away. Our vault is not free, and use of it will cost 5¥ a month. Those who don't pay the Vault Fee will lose all of their Karp Coins on the 15th and 30th of each month. Again, The Lucky Karp cannot help you if your Coins are removed from the Vault. Pay the fee if you have long-term prospects!

Misc.

Pokemon will be obtained from numerous sources. Collected from losing bets, donations, and just good ol' fashioned purchased.

Money itself will come from bets and probably donations.

Charizard04621
8th December 2003, 07:06 PM
Raz: Good, but once I send you the overheads, you might want to change your values around. Or maybe not. It's up to you. Anyway, give me some time to figure those out. It'll be easier to work when all the businesses send me their current overheads and I do them all in one shot. Right now I need to go and ref a couple of battles.

Okay, Raz, I've sent you your overheads. Pay the ¥100 to start the business and your business is officially approved. After that you'll be able to launch your casino any time.

Razola
9th December 2003, 05:44 PM
Here's the ¥100 for the Business.

Andrew
9th December 2003, 07:14 PM
Oz's Center of Recycling, Ultimate Piercing, Painting & Tattoos
Or
Oz’s CORUPPT

New services have been added to the business, painting, piercing and tattoos are now also undertaken on Pokemon in Oz’s CORUPPT. These exciting new services are able to change your Pokemon’s appearance with a colour change, a tattoo or a piercing to give them a trendy edge? Well here at CORUPPT we can help change your Pokemon! It won’t give them an advantage in battle, and it’ll simply be a cosmetic change, but don’t you always want them looking their best?

However, when a Pokemon evolves, all piercing, painting and contact lenses disappear and the Pokemon is unblemished, however Tattoos stay forever.

Piercing

You can request for your Pokemon to have a piercing in any place you want, regarded its not in the inappropriate nether regions. But it must also be logical too, you can ask to give your Hitmontop an eyebrow piercing, or perhaps pierce your Jigglypuff’s ears. But if you request for somewhere illogical, it will simply be declined. We do eyebrow piercing, ear piercing, nose rings, lip rings, a bellybutton piercing at present, and all piercings are a flat rate, and come with your choice of bar or earring.

Painting

You can request to change your Pokemon’s coat, to a basic new colour, but nothing too complicated. We also will do a pattern, but this costs more. Also, on special occasions, we shall have special edition prints you can change your Pokemon’s coat with.

For a basic coat change, you may choose any colour of the rainbow, or metallic colours, or a special “Glow in the dark” coat.

For patterns, at present, we have:
- Tartan
- Polka dots
- Stripes.

However on special occasions, we will have festive coats for a limited time. Painting requires 24 hours and your Pokemon must be left with us for that time.

Contact Lenses

To choose your Pokemon’s new eye colour, you may choose from the following list.
- Cats’ Eye.
- Smiley Face
- Glow in the dark
- Vampire Eye

Along with any colour of the rainbow. One colour, not a mix.

Also, on special occasions, we will sell special contact lenses for the season.

Tattooing

Your Pokemon can also receive a tattoo, simply describe it, and where you’d like it to go, and voila, you have a tattoo for life on your Pokemon. It takes 24 hours and your Pokemon must be left with us for that time. When your Pokemon evolves, the Tattoo stays with them in a relevant place.

But we have the typical ones you’d expect.

- Love hearts with room for names.
- Pirate Crossbones
- Barb wire for arms
- Smiley Faces

So apart from the Recycling of Pokemon, you can now give them a overhaul in the looks department.

Dark Dragonite
14th December 2003, 05:23 PM
Do we have to get new prices approved, now that we have the overheads, and will be lowering??

Also:
Ru/Sa updating: (Original set ups on the website)

Abandoned Toxic Plant
Duskull/Dusclops
Shuppet/Banette
Sableye
Gulpin/Swalot
Roselia
Absol
Seviper
Dustox

Desert
Torchic/Combuskin/Blaziken
Numel/Camerupt
Torkoal
Seviper
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Baltoy/Claydol
Nosepass
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Lunatone
Solrock
Lileep/Cradily
Anorith/Armaldo
Mawile
Beldum/Metang/Metagross

River
Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert
Lotad/Lombre/Lodicolo
Wingull/Pelipper
Surskit
Azurill
Carvahna/Sharpedo
Wailmer/Wailord
Barboach/Wishcash
Corphish/Crawdaunt
Feebas/Milotic
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Clamperl/Gorebyss/Huntail
Relicanth
Luvdisc

Mountain
Makuhita/Hariyama
Meditite/Medicham
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir
Spoink/Grumpig
Baltoy/Claydol
Solarock
Lunatone
Chimeco
Wynaut
Beldum/Metang/Metagross
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Swablu/Altaria
Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence

Volcano
Torchic/Combuskin/Blaziken
Numel/Camerupt
Torkoal
Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence

Cave
Solarock
Lunatone
Baltoy/Claydol
Nosepass
Aron/Lairon/Aggron
Duskull/Dusclops
Shuppet/Banette
Sableye
Wynaut

Lake
Mudkip/Marshstomp/Swampert
Lotad/Lombre/Lodicolo
Wingull/Pelipper
Surskit
Azurill
Carvahna/Sharpedo
Wailmer/Wailord
Barboach/Wishcash
Corphish/Crawdaunt
Feebas/Milotic
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein
Clamperl/Gorebyss/Huntail
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Snorunt/Glalie

Field
Skitty/Declatty
Poochyena/Mightyena
Zigazoon/Linoone
Spinda
Cacnea/Cacturne
Swablu/Altaria
Zangoose
Castform
Kecleon
Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
Plusle
Minun
Electrike/Manectric

Forest
Kecleon
Volbeat
Illumise
Shroomish/Breloom
Surskit/Masquerain
Tailow/Swellow
Wingull/Pelipper
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile
Zigazoon/Linoone
Wurmple/Silcoone/Beautifly/Cascoon/Dustox

Also Adding Pokeballs and Permit:
Permit: 56Yen- allows you to get basic/2nd/3rd stage pokes
Wussball: 10Yen- Catches Basic/babies
Teenball: 30Yen- Catches 2ndStage pokemon
Strongmanball: 120Yen- Catches 3rd Stage pokemon

Is the fine charged everytime, or just once?
if just once, then the Permit can be good forever with a 2Yen updating each time you leave, then reenter.
If fine is charged everytime, then for now, forget the pokeballs.

Charizard04621
15th December 2003, 08:12 AM
DarkDragonite: Congratulations, the new RS additions have been approved. You may now market RS pokémon. As for prices, no, you don't have to get those approved. You can set those to whatever you want, whenever you want. You just want them set high enough so you make a profit/break even, and low enough so people will actually buy stuff. As for your other questions, the Permit fee is paid once. The pokéballs are paid for each time one is bought. You'll need overheads for those two new balls, though. I'll send you the new overheads ASAP.

Moltrecuno
3rd January 2004, 11:23 PM
#009-14 Industries RuSa Additions

*Note* Numbers equal rarity. Higher the number, the less likely they'll be found and harder to catch.

Power Plant

5.5 Swalot
4.5 Manectric
4 Plusle Minun
3.5 Seviper
3 Mawile
1 Electrike

Tree Farm
6 Slaking
5.5 Swellow Altaria
5 Tropius
3.5 Vigoroth
3 Dustox Beautifly
2 Swablu
1.5 Taillow Slakoth
1 Wurmple Slowpoke

Bug Catching Park
6 Armaldo
5.5 Shedinja
4.5 Beautifly
4 Dustox
3.5 Volbeat Illuminise
3 Ninjask
2.5 Anorith
2 Silcoon Cascoon Nincada
1 Wurmple

Botanical Gardens
6 Sceptile
5 Ludicolo Shiftry
4.5 Cacturne Forretress
4 Lombre Cradily
3.5 Grovyle Breloom
3 Dustox Beautifly
2.5 Nuzleaf Roselia
2 Treecko
1.5 Cacnea Lotad Lileep
1 Silcoon Cascoon
0.5 Seedot Wurmple Shroomish

Space Colony 914
6 Metagross
5.5 Dusclops
4.5 Lunatone Solrock
4 Bannete
3.5 Claydol
3 Metang Absol
2.5 Duskull Shedinja
2 Shuppet
1.5 Beldum
1 Baltoy

Mt Deckbi
6 Aggron
5.5 Blaziken Flygon
4.5 Nosepass Vibrava
4 Camerupt
3.5 Combusken
3 Torkoal Lairon
2.5 Torchic
2 Aron
1.5 Numel
1 Trapinch

~M~

Edit: Dangit! I forgot the water/ice pokemon I was planning to add. Is it okay if I post them later aka ASAP? x.o'

Yumemiru
3rd January 2004, 11:56 PM
OzAndrew: I don't see how you can make much of a market off of that, for we have always allowed people to add such changes to their Pokémon for free if and when they wanted to under the same circumstances you have (no effects in battle, just cosmetic).

EDIT: Oh, is it free? In that case it would be kinda fun.

And Moltrecuno, I didn't miss you. I'm just going to let Karin look through that because she has more of the park info and standards handy. And because I'm tired.

Andrew
4th January 2004, 02:34 AM
ASHarris - Karin approved it ages ago. Karin said you could add like a Baseball cap, but that was about it, I have overheads ect and that's the services I provide. So its a buisness, to my knowledge, where I'm providing a unique service unobtainable elsewhere. Except right now in your refunding thing.

I recently enquired into a Gender Switching machine, and was told no :(

Charizard04621
4th January 2004, 11:57 AM
Moltrecuno: The changes are approved. You can post the new water/ice pokémon later, but for now you can't sell them. If you want to market RS water/ice pokémon, please post here again and get them approved. Thanks.

Zup
4th January 2004, 02:26 PM
I want to know something that's a little confusing before I make up a tournament; I'm not what you would call rich or even middle class. Do I have to pay before the tournament for the prizes, or for anything at all, or can I wait until after the tournament to pay off the stuff? Like if there was a 10 yen entrance fee, eight people that entered and a 30 yen prize to first place, would I have to have that thirty on hand before the tournament or could I take it from the entrance fees? And is there any other costs?

Charizard04621
4th January 2004, 02:58 PM
Zup:

If you're going to hand out pokémon as prizes I strongly recommend that you do not even attempt to start a tournament. Overheads for pokémon are steep, considering you have no money. If you plan wrongly you will be stuck at the end of the tournament with a very large and unpayable fee.

What I suggest is that you do what Raz's tournament has done. Pool money and only offer money as a prize, money taken from the collective amount of entrance fees. That way, you don't have to pay money at all (unless you are planning on hiring referees; then you will need to come up with some money on your own). Because you lack capital, I strongly suggest you think this through carefully before you try to start a tournament. I really don't want to approve a tournament that will drive you deep into (perhaps everlasting) debt.

If you have any more questions or need help with planning (such that you don't get stuck having to pay an insane amount of money at the end) just post in this tower or PM me an inquiry. I am willing to help.

Zup
4th January 2004, 05:28 PM
The Goo Goo Tournament

First Place Prize: 30 yen, Golden Egg trophy

Second Place Prize: 15 yen, Silver Egg trophy

Entrants: 8, no more, no less

Refs: Probably me, 4 battles won't be that tough.

Matches:One baby pokemon (Cleffa, Azurill, Elekid, but not Phanpy, Feebas or Growlithe, even if they were bred.), 1 on 1 matches, single elimination. You lose, you are out.

Description: For newbies and pokemon like them, the Goo Goo Tournament is the premier tournament for trainers of Baby Pokemon. Pokemon like Azurill and Magby and very common here. Any kind of trainer, whether a still-wet-behind-the-ears newbie or a hardened veteran, as long as you have a baby pokemon you can enter this tournament with high hopes, especially since there is not only a decent prize for first place, but a nice prize for second.

The Arena is the same in any case. It is a giant plastic playpen. The babies fight on the hard plastic bottom, so dig isn't real effective. This favors no pokemon, and the trainers are separated according to their chose pokemon, so that no type difference is allowed in the first four battles. (Tyroge vs. Elekid, but not Cleffa). In the later battles, trainers may switch baby pokemon to make the battle fair. This is the only switching that may go on.

Charizard04621
4th January 2004, 05:35 PM
Zup:

I'm still a little foggy on the concept. Do trainers PM you beforehand which pokémon they're going to be bringing along? What do you mean by switching pokémon in later matches? Can trainers bring along more than one baby pokémon? Also, there may be problems with your separation strategy. Some types may become more predominant than others... (What if there are 5 Azurill, and say, 3 Magby?) It's a fair idea, but you'll need a backup plan if difficulties arise with the matchups.

Zup
4th January 2004, 05:50 PM
The Goo Goo Tournament

Refs:Probably me, 4 battles won't be that tough.

Matches: One baby pokemon (Cleffa, Azurill, Elekid, but not Phanpy, Feebas or Growlithe, even if they were bred.), 1 on 1 matches, single elimination. You lose, you are out.

Description: For newbies and pokemon like them, the Goo Goo Tournament is the premier tournament for trainers of Baby Pokemon. Pokemon like Azurill and Magby and very common here. Any kind of trainer, whether a still-wet-behind-the-ears newbie or a hardened veteran, as long as you have a baby pokemon you can enter this tournament with high hopes, especially since there is not only a decent prize for first place, but a nice prize for second.

The Arena is the same in any case. It is a giant plastic playpen. The babies fight on the hard plastic bottom, so dig isn't real effective. This favors no pokemon, and the trainers are separated according to their chose pokemon, so that no type difference is allowed in the first four battles. (Tyroge vs. Elekid, but not Cleffa). If the type differences are unable to be fair in the first four battles, then the reffing will be a little more favored to the underdog. This is a battle of pure strength for the title of Best Baby, not the title of Best Type Advantage.

Battlers PM me their entire list of Baby Pokemon in the beginning. In this same PM, they PM me the pokemon they will use in the first battle. In the later battles, trainers may switch baby pokemon to make the battle fair. If they only listed one baby pokemon, they may NOT switch it with one obtained after the Tournament has begun or on they forgot. The ones on the list are the only ones they can switch with. This is the only switching that may go on.

I hope that's not too confusing.

Charizard04621
4th January 2004, 05:59 PM
Zup:

The third paragraph is fine... The second one I cannot accept. I will not openly endorse bias. (I'm a Master Referee, what can you expect me to do?) You've got to keep in mind that Type isn't the only thing that gives a pokémon an advantage... Some things can still pull through. Magby has Thunderpunch to help it against Azurill, for example, among other moves. If you are unable to manually set up a match without a Type advantage, I suggest you make things fair by simply randomizing who gets to battle what. Please don't favor *anyone* in reffings, underdog or not. Sometimes people just don't earn sympathy, anyway. (Would you ref in favor of someone who kept asking Magby to use Ember against Azurill instead of a more intelligent move?)

Zup
4th January 2004, 06:05 PM
That's what I figured. And If I randomise the battlers, there is no need for switching later on.

The Goo Goo Tournament

Refs: Probably me, 4 battles won't be that tough.

Matches: One baby pokemon (Cleffa, Azurill, Elekid, but not Phanpy, Feebas or Growlithe, even if they were bred.), 1 on 1 matches, single elimination. You lose, you are out.

The Arena is the same in any case. It is a giant plastic playpen. The babies fight on the hard plastic bottom, so dig isn't real effective. This favors no pokemon. Using a randomizer, I will decide who battles what, no matter the type differences.

People choose their pokemon at the very beginning, and that is the pokemon they use throughout the tournament. There will be NO switching.

Charizard04621
4th January 2004, 06:09 PM
Zup:

Okay, approved. Good luck getting this started. You don't have to pay a fee for anything, since you're not handing out pokémon prizes or the like... So, have fun.

Prodigy
4th January 2004, 06:11 PM
Note also that Azurill is a Normal-type anyway. ^_^

Charizard04621
4th January 2004, 06:14 PM
^_^; *feels stupid now* I forgot Azurill wasn't a Water type. :/ Still, repeated Ember is a stupid thing to do, anyway.

Zup
4th January 2004, 06:20 PM
><; *feel's more stupid* There will still be Tyrogue and Cleffas, as there will be Magby and Smoochum.

Dark Phoenix
12th January 2004, 10:57 AM
I'm wondering if it's possible to start a bussness on the sale and resale of items. I don't want to approve a bussness right now, I have to get the $ for it first. But I'd just like to know if the idea is plausible, give me something to work towards. The bussness would go as follows: sale of berries, potions, and other products to heal or correct status abnomalities during battle. Also for sale would be pokeballs of all kinds, except the master ball. It would be a nice intergration into the ASB system. Even adding the ability to find items while battling or after the battle. That way, if people want to make some extra $ on the re-sale of an item, they can sell it to my bussness. Of course a re-sale of an item would be lower then it's sale. Do tell if it's plausible, if it is, I'll start working towards that $100.

Charizard04621
19th January 2004, 03:29 PM
AAAARGH! Sorry, Dark Phoenix, I didn't notice your post!

The problem with items is that they generally aren't used in ASB battles... Trainers can't spray their pokémon with Potions or anything like that. Items wouldn't work. Again, I apologize for the lateness... I didn't see a post.

Andrew
19th January 2004, 06:39 PM
*Is confused as to why his buisness was closed*

Lenses were approved, I didn't think whenever I added a new variation on it all, then it'd have to be posted here. Because after all, none of them have any affect on a battle, the Mirror Lenses are just to get that sheek mirror look and besides, if it was flashed, it'd still get blinded :|

I added Polka Dots and a few other patterns and some special event ones like New Years, World Idol and Valentines Day and nothing was said. =|

What exactly did I do wrong? And I'm appauled you'd think I'd reopen something that you'd closed. Girls, I'm not 10 you know.

Yumemiru
19th January 2004, 10:15 PM
OzAndrew: No business can sell any individual item unless it has been approved by a business approver, even if the general category has already been approved.

Yes, you do state that everything you sell has no effect in battle. But the amount of text in your business makes it highly probable that your statement could be overlooked. And even if the buyer did not overlook it, I doubt every new ref is going to know well enough to double check, and it has the potential (though not a high one) to be abused. "I have mirror lenses, so his Hypnosis should be reflected back to him right?" If the ref and opponent(s) know no better, it could make perfect sense to them.

And if you really want to get down to it, certain things (painting, mostly) will have some effect in battle. A rainbow Fearow may look sweet, but it would obviously make an easier target. An earring is a target (though an EXTREMELY hard one to get to) that would probably hurt a fair bit if pulled. You can throw your hat at your opponent, though I don't see why you'd want to because it would do nothing in your favor and you would probably lose your hat. I'm not saying we're not going to allow it. You can still have those features. But the general rule applies... EVERY new detail must be approved, except for prices for approved items with overheads.

So every time you want to add something new, you have to okay it with us first (this includes new colors, new lenses, etc.). For example, every time you put up a new special edition painting, you need to run it by us real quick ahead of time. Chances are we'll have no problems with it. If you want to delete something from your inventory, you may do it without consulting us.

I don't know the exact overheads Karin gave you, but I do know that we both think some things are off. You may have separate overheads for specific categories (like solid or patterned painting - if you don't, you need them), but the special painting needs its own overhead too. Stuff like that.

Also, neither you nor Karin posted the original approval in here (along with what can stay and what cannot, if anything was nixed), and that makes it hard on me to know what you should and should not have. Overheads can be done by PM or AIM or whatever Karin wants, b/c I know she'll save the details. But the actual approval needs to be in here so I can know about it too. I'm not chastising Karin or anything... we already talked about it, and I think she just forgot or something. She's been busy lately. But that's one of the reasons I was uncertain about what you should and shouldn't have. The biggest reason though is that I don't routinely check your business, b/c I don't really see the need to.

We also want to add something to your business rules: Every new cosmetic change must be approved in the Team Approval Tower after purchase before it is officially in effect.

So yeah. Repost everything you have in your business here. We'll approve the old stuff, look over the new stuff, and adjust the overheads if necessary (you don't have to post those unless you want t). Afterwards, just let us know about any changes you want to make in advance so we can okay them, and there will be no more problems.

Oh, and the reopening comment was mine alone, not Karin's. I don't actually think you would have done that, but as a general rule I don't fully trust anyone. Including myself. So no offense intended. Sorry if it did though.

The Muffin Man
19th January 2004, 10:27 PM
Well realisticially, it'd be more profitable for people to get their Pokemon change so it helps them in battle somehow. Like giving a Pokemon with dark/black skin black contacts so that way they can't see where the eyes are, but it can't use any beams that originate from the eyes(i.e Psybeam)

Andrew
19th January 2004, 10:58 PM
True the Earings could be pulled out and stuff, but its a choice to put them in.

We also don't deal with Hats.

You've also seen my Overheads and they're all good.

Oz's Center of Recycling,
Recolouring, Ultimate Piercing & Tattoos

Well Oz's Recycling Center has undergone a change, we now not only recycle Pokemon, we can make them over for you! So we now deal in recolouring, piercing, tattoos and contact lenses also.

Also this company is no longer dealing with shares but is a solely owned buisness.

Firstly our recycling Services.

We've dropped prices to bring you the best possible Pokemon at the best price.

Buying & Selling Pokemon

Selling A Pokemon

If you wish to sell a Pokemon simply post here and we will buy it. HOWEVER if we already own two of the same Pokemon at the same time, the sale will be refused.

Basic Pokemon
(No Evolution)
=13 Yen!

=====

Two Stage Pokemon

-First Level
= 11 Yen

-Second Level
= 14 Yen

=======

Three Stage Pokemon

-First Level
=8 Yen

-Second Level
= 12 Yen

-Final Stage
= 16 Yen

(We ask that when you sell a Pokemon, please put it in the following format)
Nickname - Gender - Name
Sig Move Name:
Sig Move Details:
Appearance of Pokemon:
Reason for Sale:

Buying a Pokemon

You may choose a Pokemon to buy from our ranch and the ones available for sale are in a below post.

Basic Pokemon
(No Evolution)

=18 Yen!

=====

Two Stage Pokemon

-First Level
= 16 Yen

-Second Level
= 19 Yen

=======

Three Stage Pokemon

-First Level
=13 Yen

-Second Level
= 18 Yen

-Final Stage
= 23 Yen

Appearances

Well as a new part of CORRUPT, we can now change your Pokemon's appearance! We have piercings, tattoos, recolouring and contact lenses! However, this is IMPORTANT All appearance changes dissapear on evolution, bar Tattoos which move to a relevant place.

Also, in your Pokemon's profile, you can now add an Appearance Field. IE "Appearance: Green Eyes and a Skull and Crossbones Tatoo on its chest"

IMPORTANT

Also, let it be known, these are nothing but cosmetic changes, and do not affect your Pokemon's abilities in battle and doesn't make them immune to attacks as such. But they can make them harder or easier to see in battle and Earings could be a hazard.

Also, after each cosmetic makeover, it must be posted in the Approval Tower to make sure its not a bogus transaction and all.

But also, since Tattoos, recolouring and contact lenses come in 3 sizes, it is my discretion as to which size they need. You drop your Pokemon off here for 24 hours for the relevent proceedure, and after I post with the pricing, you pay me when you pick it up. But you can only pick up and pay after I post.

Piercings

Piercings dissapear on evolution

Cost -
9 Yen.

Piercings are at a flat rate, and at the moment we do piercings on the following areas:

-Bellybuttons
-Ears (Both are pierced for the same price)
-Eyebrows
-Chin Studs
-Lip Rings

But when you drop it off and ask for an inappropriate piercing, it will simply be refused. And also ask for what type of earing or stud or bar you'd like your Pokemon to be pierced with.

Tattoos

Costs:
Simple Tattoo - 8 Yen
Standard Tattoo - 11 Yen
Complex Tattoo - 15 Yen.

Simple Tatoos are for example a smiley face or name on your pokemon.
Standard Tatoos are skull and crossbones, or love hearts. And complex tattoos may encompass a large area of the Pokemon, or be very intricate. It is once again my discretion as to which category the tattoo falls under. As with all proceedures, it takes 24 hours.

Also, Tattoos are permenant, and when a Pokemon evolves the tattoo stays with them, on a relevant spot.

Finally, on the topic of Tattoos, if you tattoo the name of yours and a loved one within a heart on a Pokemon, it would make a great gift.

Recolouring

Recolouring dissapears on evolution.

Simple Colour Change
Prices:

Small Pokemon - 8 Yen
Medium Pokemon - 10 yen
Large Pokemon - 12 yen.

This is for a simple colour change, nothing complex, and can be any colour of the rainbow. Also, can be a metallic colour, or perhaps, the ever popular "Glow in the dark"

Pattern Change
Prices:
Small Pokemon - 10 Yen
Medium Pokemon - 12 Yen
Large Pokemon - 14 Yen.

If you wish to recolour your Pokemon with a pattern instead, we currently have these on offer. You choose the colours in the patterns, and we'll make it happen.

Swirls
Tartan
Smiley Faces
Polka Dots
Stripes
The Night Sky
Rainbow coloured

Limited Edition Patterns
Prices:
Small Pokemon - 9 Yen
Medium Pokemon - 11 Yen
Large Pokemon - 13 Yen.

These are limited edition patterns that we have only on special occasions. Here is the list of patterns we have.

World Idol
- A shimmering silver coat which is always rippling
- A blue and silver map of the world on them
- Microphones and musical notes on them, blue and silver

Valentines Day
- A Shimmering Metallic Pink.
- A pattern of rosebuds
- A pattern of lovehearts
- An ever moving Pink Loveheart that moves around the surface of your Pokemon.

Contact Lenses

One Colour Lenses.
Small Eyes - 5 Yen
Medium Eyes - 6 Yen
Large Eyes - 7 Yen

These Lenses are simply one colour and can be again any colour of the rainbow, or glow in the dark or metallic. As with evolution, the Contacts dissapear.

Special Lenses
Small Eyes - 6 Yen
Medium Eyes - 7 Yen
Large Eyes - 8 Yen.

These are currently the special lenses we have for sale for your Pokemon.

- Cats Eye
- Smiley Face
- Vampire Eye
- Snowflake
- "Hi"
- Angry Face
- Rainbow

So don't delay! Buy today!

Yumemiru
19th January 2004, 11:08 PM
Oz: Approved. Make the changes in your thread and then you can reopen it. It would be a good idea to announce the new rule (about the TA tower) in a new post, just so established customers will notice it. But whatever you want to do.

Dark Phoenix
21st January 2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
AAAARGH! Sorry, Dark Phoenix, I didn't notice your post!

The problem with items is that they generally aren't used in ASB battles... Trainers can't spray their pokémon with Potions or anything like that. Items wouldn't work. Again, I apologize for the lateness... I didn't see a post.

I know they arn't used in battles, but before now, the idea was never introduced. Plus they do use pokeballs to catch pokemon when they win a battle. The only healing item would be like a status corrector. I could also deal in having people sell pokemon to me that they don't want anymore, and those could be sold to the casino, the pokemon catching place, or anyone else who needs pokemon for sale or catching purposes. I really don't think the whole pokemon sale/resale would go, but items have never been used cause they were never introduced, in the rules it doesn't forbid or say you can use them. If you still don't think it's any good, then, ok. But at least set up a poll, see what everyone thinks about having items in battles.

Charizard04621
23rd January 2004, 04:04 PM
From the Rules Tower:

"3) Pokémon don't enter battle carrying items like Leftovers and Focus Band (except for special cases Cubone, Marowak, and Farfetch'd), but they can use items that the arena offers, like a rock or stick."

As for things like potions, I can't find it in this version of the rules, but it has been an understood concept that those are not allowed. There was once a battle where a trainer tried to use a radio to wake up his sleeping pokémon... It was ruled illegal because using outside items in battle has always been illegal. I see the FFA prizes were going to make several exceptions, but those are gone now. Sorry, it's a no-go.

Charizard04621
24th January 2004, 02:41 PM
I'm not approving something for a business that I'm co-owning... So ASHarris will have to take a look.

Jason and I would like this addition to P^5:

New! Genetically engineer baby Pokémon to ensure desired gender: ¥whatever (additional charge)

Thanks to a combination of entrepreneurial spirit and exciting technological advances, P^5 now gives you more control over the breeding process than ever before. Genetic engineering makes it possible: our highly trained Porygon2 technicians will perform a series of intricate operations, and at the end of the day the resulting offspring will be of the gender of your choosing. Why let nature (a TI-83+ Silver Edition) make the decisions for you? Disclaimer: Obviously, you can't put genders on genderless pokémon or change the genders of those that can only have one. (No male Kangaskhan.)

Razola
27th January 2004, 12:13 AM
Can I ask where all the post for my tournament have gone? While I am currently on a break from ASB, I planned on trying to ref the tournament (granted it has been awhile since I've reffed, but the spring semester has started and I've had some delays).

Dark Dragonite
27th January 2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Raz
Can I ask where all the post for my tournament have gone? While I am currently on a break from ASB, I planned on trying to ref the tournament (granted it has been awhile since I've reffed, but the spring semester has started and I've had some delays).

You just have to change the days at the bottom to 75, or more:

N98 Vs. Char04621
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24530

DD Vs. Syberia
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24531&pagenumber=2

Cyrus Vs. Moltrecuno
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24529

Discotheque Vs. TML
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24528

Main Thread
http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23673

Charizard04621
4th February 2004, 04:14 PM
Thanks, DD.

Yeah, my response is very late. It's just that I miss new posts in the Business Tower because it usually gets pushed to the bottom.

Message for all of you: If I don't get to your posts within 7 days, please PM me a reminder. (Unless, of course, I'm away - check the Away Tower - because then PMing won't help you anyway.) Right, thanks.

Yumemiru
4th February 2004, 05:30 PM
Charizard04621: Gender-swapping thing approved. I've given you your overhead.

For the time being, I'm going to pretend that I know nothing of microbiology.

Indecent Exposure
7th February 2004, 04:40 PM
E.V.I.L Tournament
General Information
-10¥ entry fee
-8 places available
-60¥, and an EVIL Tournament Gold Medallion goes to the winner
-20¥, and an EVIL Tournament Silver Medallion goes to the runner-up
-10¥ (your money back in other words), and an EVIL Tournament Bronze Medallion to 3rd place
-Despite the final battle being in need of many Pokemon, it is actually possible to compete, and win, this tournament with as little as 4 Pokemon (although extremly difficult). In other words, even if you only have your starting 6 Pokemon, you do have enough.

Battle Rules
-All battles are 2 out at a time
-Each set (bar the final & 3rd place playoff) lasts only 3 rounds
-48 Hour DQ
-I ref it all
-All battles take place in EVIL Underground Lair
-Battlers always PM starting Pokemon, and first round attacks to me
-First attacks from second round come from whoever is winning after the first round
-Third round would be the reverse (as in normal battle situation)
-If one Pokemon faints, the player may continue (only in 1st & 2nd rounds)
-The winner is the player with the highest combined HP left after the 3 rounds
-Pokemon can be re-used in the same battle, but there must be at least one set between each appearance (so it could appear in the 1st and 3rd set of a battle, but not the 2nd and 3rd), and the Pokemon start with 90% health during it's second stint, 80% in it's third stint etc.

1st Round Details
-2 on 2 (both out at same time)
-Arena: EVIL Underground Lair - Main Room. A medium-sized metallic room (Dig, and other such attacks are not possible) with a long desk in the middle, surrounded by chairs. There are also computers and other such junk around the side of the room. Pokemon cannot leave the room. Battlers do not enter the room.
-The winner is the player with the highest total HP at the end of 3 rounds

2nd round details
-6 on 6 (2 out at a time)
-Arena: EVIL Underground Lair - Human Training Room. This room is filled with such thigns as excercise machines, a couple of water dispensers and food/drink machines. Also has a boxing ring, and a few punchbags in one corner. Pokemon cannot leave the room. Battlers do not enter the room.
-This battle is split into 3 sets (2 on 2 3x), with each one having a winner through the same process as the previous round. The overall winner is the person who wins two sets.

3rd Place Play-Off
Exactly as the Final only with it being 3 on 3, all out at the same time (but as with the final, when one Pokemon faints the battle is over).

Final
-10 on 10 (2 out at a time)
-Arena: EVIL Underground Lair - Pokemon Training Room. A (very large) room designed to help Pokemon train in an arena where they would usually be at a disadvantage. This room can change to represent each Pokemon type, as is essentially a normal enviroment of that type (eg. A large pond for Water type, Volcano peak for Fire type). The type of the room changes after each set depending on the main (or one of the main) weakness that the 4 Pokemon in battle have (eg. If the Pokemon are Gyarados & Blastoise vs. Mudkip & Charmader, it would be an Electric enviroment). There will also be Pokemon of the enviroments type hanging around who WILL ATTACK FREQUENTLY. The only attacks not really available in this arena as ones such as fly which, although can be done, would not allow the Pokemon to truly simulate the games version of the attack (due to the arena being underground).
-The sets in the final are different from the previous ones, rather than follow the 3 round format, they go on until one Pokemon has fainted. The winner of the set is the first to make an oppositions Pokemon faint (in other words, you lose one of your Pokemon, you lose the set, and it's all change).
-This battle is split into 5 sets (2 on 2 5x), with each having a winner through the same process as the previous rounds. The overall winner is the person who wins 3 sets.

I know that can seem extremly confusing, but I can't really find a way of simplyfying it. Once you understand it though, I don't think it's too complicated.

BTW, the prize money will come from the entry fees + 10¥ of my own money (60¥ + 20¥ + 10¥ = 90¥).

Any questions, and I'm sure there are many, will be answered as soon as I can :)

Charizard04621
8th February 2004, 08:22 AM
Indecent Exposure:

Well planned. You'll make a decent profit from this if eight people join (I assume you'll wait until then). The fact that you are reffing so many battles will give you more than your money back. You could hold off all payments for the tournament until you have a sufficient amount of members; that way, if all else fails, at least you don't have a bunch of people demanding their money back.

"First attacks from second round come from whoever is winning after the first round"

What happens when there's a pokémon that can't breathe underwater at 100% health who's stuck in a 9 action trance with its head underwater with no chance of waking up? Versus a pokémon at 75% health who's holding its opponent down. Who's winning then? I suggest you set a condition less ambiguous (whoever has more health combined attacks first... or something like that).

"If one Pokemon faints, the player may continue (only in 1st & 2nd rounds)"

The way you word it, it can sound as if a player might be barred from advancing if none of his/her pokémon faints. Reword it to "If only one Pokemon faints, the player may still continue (only in 1st & 2nd rounds)"

"The winner is the player with the highest total HP at the end of 3 rounds"

Watch out for people performing mass recovery at the last minute.

"Pokemon can be re-used in the same battle, but there must be at least one set between each appearance (so it could appear in the 1st and 3rd set of a battle, but not the 2nd and 3rd), and the Pokemon start with 90% health during it's second stint, 80% in it's third stint etc."

So a pokémon that had previously fainted in the battle can be re-used as almost completely healed? Might I suggest that fainted pokémon get revived with only a little bit of health, while those that have taken more damage than they were supposed to retain their damage? You could keep the above condition with the modifications. (Ex1: Kadabra goes out of the battle paralyzed and with 60% health. It comes out for the second time paralyzed and with 60% health.) (Ex2: Gloom goes out of the battle at 100% health. It comes back for the second time with 90% health.)

Indecent Exposure
8th February 2004, 11:10 AM
Well planned.

Why thank you, kind sir.

You'll make a decent profit from this if eight people join (I assume you'll wait until then). The fact that you are reffing so many battles will give you more than your money back. You could hold off all payments for the tournament until you have a sufficient amount of members; that way, if all else fails, at least you don't have a bunch of people demanding their money back.

Good point, will do.

"First attacks from second round come from whoever is winning after the first round"

What happens when there's a pokémon that can't breathe underwater at 100% health who's stuck in a 9 action trance with its head underwater with no chance of waking up? Versus a pokémon at 75% health who's holding its opponent down. Who's winning then? I suggest you set a condition less ambiguous (whoever has more health combined attacks first... or something like that).

I meant to say it's down to total HP there too. Any status effects ect. would only come into play here if it happened to be equal. Since, as I'm sure you'd agree, there is always a chance of a pokemon waking up :P

"If one Pokemon faints, the player may continue (only in 1st & 2nd rounds)"

The way you word it, it can sound as if a player might be barred from advancing if none of his/her pokémon faints. Reword it to "If only one Pokemon faints, the player may still continue (only in 1st & 2nd rounds)"

Good point, I'll change that too.

"The winner is the player with the highest total HP at the end of 3 rounds"

Watch out for people performing mass recovery at the last minute.

That's their decision. What they have to watch out for is the fact that a Pokemon pulling off a recovery move will receive far more damage from an attack (due to the fact it's in a highly vunerable place, with it not moving). And of course, getting blasted by a fully charged Hyper Beam (or somethign to that effect) would probably leave them unable to pull off their recovery move at all. With only 3 rounds (therefore 9 attacks), a player has to choose their attacks very wisely.

"Pokemon can be re-used in the same battle, but there must be at least one set between each appearance (so it could appear in the 1st and 3rd set of a battle, but not the 2nd and 3rd), and the Pokemon start with 90% health during it's second stint, 80% in it's third stint etc."

So a pokémon that had previously fainted in the battle can be re-used as almost completely healed? Might I suggest that fainted pokémon get revived with only a little bit of health, while those that have taken more damage than they were supposed to retain their damage? You could keep the above condition with the modifications. (Ex1: Kadabra goes out of the battle paralyzed and with 60% health. It comes out for the second time paralyzed and with 60% health.) (Ex2: Gloom goes out of the battle at 100% health. It comes back for the second time with 90% health.)

Yeah, I didn't really think about that. I'll throw that in too then.

Ok then, so here's the re-draft I guess, for you to read over again. All the changes suggested have been made, and all only appear under either "General Information" or "Battle Rules" (to save you havign to re-read the rest since it's unchanged.

E.V.I.L Tournament
General Information
-10¥ entry fee (doesn't have to be payed until the tournament officially begins. If I dissapear without sayign so beforehand, money will be automatically refunded 2 weeks after my last post. This way you don't need to worry about losing your money)
-8 places available
-60¥, and an EVIL Tournament Gold Medallion goes to the winner
-20¥, and an EVIL Tournament Silver Medallion goes to the runner-up
-10¥ (your money back in other words), and an EVIL Tournament Bronze Medallion to 3rd place
-Despite the final battle being in need of many Pokemon, it is actually possible to compete, and win, this tournament with as little as 4 Pokemon (although extremly difficult). In other words, even if you only have your starting 6 Pokemon, you do have enough to compete.

Battle Rules
-All battles are 2 out at a time
-Each set (bar the final & 3rd place playoff) lasts only 3 rounds
-48 Hour DQ
-I ref it all
-All battles take place in EVIL Underground Lair
-Battlers always PM starting Pokemon, and first round attacks to me
-First attacks from second round come from whoever is winning after the first round (the person wining is defined by who has the largest combined HP, status effects only come into play if combined HP is equal)
-Third round would be the reverse (as in normal battle situation)
-If only one Pokemon faints, the player may still continue (only in 1st & 2nd rounds)
-The winner is the player with the highest combined HP left after the 3 rounds
-Pokemon can be re-used in the same battle, but there must be at least one set between each appearance (so it could appear in the 1st and 3rd set of a battle, but not the 2nd and 3rd). A Pokemon re-entering the battle would begin with a maximum 90% health during it's second stint, 80% in it's third stint etc. unless they left that battle in a worse condition that the maximum (eg. down to 65% and poisoned), in which case they would return in that exact state. If a Pokemon has previously fainted in the battle, they will re-enter with only 50%. Please note that all pokemon, as in normal situation, are all restored to 100% after they progress to the next tournament round.

1st Round Details
-2 on 2 (both out at same time)
-Arena: EVIL Underground Lair - Main Room. A medium-sized metallic room (Dig, and other such attacks are not possible) with a long desk in the middle, surrounded by chairs. There are also computers and other such junk around the side of the room. Pokemon cannot leave the room. Battlers do not enter the room.
-The winner is the player with the highest total HP at the end of 3 rounds

2nd round details
-6 on 6 (2 out at a time)
-Arena: EVIL Underground Lair - Human Training Room. This room is filled with such thigns as excercise machines, a couple of water dispensers and food/drink machines. Also has a boxing ring, and a few punchbags in one corner. Pokemon cannot leave the room. Battlers do not enter the room.
-This battle is split into 3 sets (2 on 2 3x), with each one having a winner through the same process as the previous round. The overall winner is the person who wins two sets.

3rd Place Play-Off
Exactly as the Final only with it being 3 on 3, all out at the same time (but as with the final, when one Pokemon faints the battle is over).

Final
-10 on 10 (2 out at a time)
-Arena: EVIL Underground Lair - Pokemon Training Room. A (very large) room designed to help Pokemon train in an arena where they would usually be at a disadvantage. This room can change to represent each Pokemon type, as is essentially a normal enviroment of that type (eg. A large pond for Water type, Volcano peak for Fire type). The type of the room changes after each set depending on the main (or one of the main) weakness that the 4 Pokemon in battle have (eg. If the Pokemon are Gyarados & Blastoise vs. Mudkip & Charmader, it would be an Electric enviroment). There will also be Pokemon of the enviroments type hanging around who WILL ATTACK FREQUENTLY. The only attacks not really available in this arena as ones such as fly which, although can be done, would not allow the Pokemon to truly simulate the games version of the attack (due to the arena being underground).
-The sets in the final are different from the previous ones, rather than follow the 3 round format, they go on until one Pokemon has fainted. The winner of the set is the first to make an oppositions Pokemon faint (in other words, you lose one of your Pokemon, you lose the set, and it's all change).
-This battle is split into 5 sets (2 on 2 5x), with each having a winner through the same process as the previous rounds. The overall winner is the person who wins 3 sets.

Charizard04621
10th February 2004, 06:18 PM
Ack, my computer does something funky with the text... It's so small I can't read it. I had to quote it to be able to see it all.

Indecent Exposure: All right. You have my stamp of approval.

Indecent Exposure
11th February 2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
Ack, my computer does something funky with the text... It's so small I can't read it. I had to quote it to be able to see it all.

Indecent Exposure: All right. You have my stamp of approval.

Thanks, I'll go start it.

The text is probably down to your text size in your explorer. I only made it a small font to distinguish it from the rest of the post anyway, that and to make it smaller :)