PDA

View Full Version : Exactly how Rare are EX cards?

homeofmew
28th June 2003, 07:43 PM
They Ex cards don't seem to rare I got 15 Packs I got
3 Lapras ex
1 Mewtwo EX
and
1 Chansey ex- is it my luck or are these cards just not rare as i think they are :x

Roarkiller
28th June 2003, 11:01 PM
Know eye deer *go figure*

Ur prolyy juz one damn-a$$ lucky kid, although IMO they're not worth the risk of letting ur opponent take 2 prize cards, unless ur prepared to protect them like hell.

Water Pokemon Master
3rd July 2003, 02:40 AM
I do not believe they are that rare. I bought 18 packs at Target and got 1 EX Mewtwo, 1 EX Magmar, and 1 EX Lapras. They are probably just as rare as any rare holo. I was wondering the exact thing when I opened the packs because I thought they were something special. There have never been any cards in any set rarer than any other. I doubt there will ever be.

°Shiny Scizor°
3rd July 2003, 10:51 PM
I don't think they're rare either. I got 4 packs and got a Magmar ex. I also know someone on a chatroom that got 2 ex Pokemon in 3 packs. So much for "White Star", heh.

[attachment deleted by admin]

hobbs
5th July 2003, 10:38 PM
EX Pokemon are as rare as a non-holo rare. So, it obviously depends on the number of rares in the set as to what probablity of getting an EX Pokemon.

This's considered "official" as it was asked to one of the guys at Nintendo who's now in charge of the TCG.

Mikey
7th July 2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by °Shiny Scizor°
I don't think they're rare either. I got 4 packs and got a Magmar ex. I also know someone on a chatroom that got 2 ex Pokemon in 3 packs. So much for "White Star", heh.

Ha, I'm that person. I got 3 packs and in the first two I opened, a Sneasel Ex and Electabuzz ex were inside.