PDA

View Full Version : Point me in the direction of "Shoal Caves!"

Mew2Too
19th December 2002, 07:49 PM
I have suddenly realized, in order to beat the dragon master at the leagues, I need The Walrus. ( Yes, ladies and gents, I'm going to catch meself John Lenin. :) )

In order to catch this new Seel, I need to get to the Shoal Caves. The only problem I find is that I don't know where to hell the Shoal Caves are. I haven't found directions for them in any of the walkthroughs. Could someone tell me what route they are on?

Azura Stardust
19th December 2002, 09:10 PM
You gotta Surf north of the 7th gym city. I think it's called Tokusane.

SilverPersian
19th December 2002, 10:52 PM
Todozerugaa is a god. Good choice :D

btw, I'm not perfectly sure, but Ive heard rumours you cant get into shoal cave in the ROM due to tides, can anyone confirm this? :x

Azura Stardust
19th December 2002, 10:56 PM
Gotta run soon. Bad bad lightning.

Well you can change the time in ROMs, really... but anyway, there is a certain part of Shoal Cave you can't get into - the ice covered place where you can find Yukiriwashi. But Tamazaratsu is SO common, you can find it ANYWHERE, ANYTIME in shoal cave.

Mew2Too
20th December 2002, 06:33 AM
Bad lightning? Yeah, I've heard there's been some really bad storms around the country. Well, I hope you're okay, Azura Stardust.

Thank you so much for the info. I found the caves, and I caught the walrus Pokemon. I'm really satisfied with him. He's one of the Ru/Sa Pokemon I'm really glad they put in. He's great!

Azura Stardust
20th December 2002, 07:36 AM
Why it's ok. It doesn't really matter that Singapore is the 3rd most lightning struck country in the world, and we happen to be little dot on the map (go look up your atlas, we must be BILLIONS of times smaller than *Canada*.) and lightning HAPPENS to strike there, eh? ;) [We're pretty lucky, though. This whole year only one person died of lightning strike]

I think I didn't explain my previous post before clearly enough, btw, so I'll rephrase it for peeps who wanna know:

It's true certain parts of Shoal Cave cannot be accessed when the tide is high (which is mostly morning and afternoon) but when the tide is low (around 6:00pm - you can change time with codes, yaknow), you can access some other parts of the cave... including this ice-covered small cave which you need strength to get to, that has Yukirawashi in it. That's the only place you get it, actually.

Kari and Mewtwo
20th December 2002, 04:01 PM
hmm.. in my opinion, kyogre works better. but im guessing that you have ruby and not sapphire. anyways, go to the 7th gym city and surf north (its the cave with 2 schoolgirls/lasses outside)

another pokemon that works well is reji-ice, but you may wanna get the ice beam tm from the shipwreck first. reji-ice's spcldef is so high, you dont even need to worry about the dragon user's boomanda using flamethrower (reji-ice learns amnesia as well, so this would help). i also find reji-ice to be useful against the ice and dark users as well (with reji-ice's curse + animalstrength combo that i use)

other choices you may wanna consider, rather than fighting dragons with ice, go for dragon instead. a good suggestion for the time being would be furaigon (the dragon user uses 2 of these. its a ground/dragon type that evolves from that little brown jaw thin in the desert where you find reji-rock), or go for boomanda if you can (its preevo is in the cave where you find the sun/moon, but only in the place within the cave where you get the dragon claw TM. it looks like a blue charmander with hair)