PDA

View Full Version : Advance Generation Episode #32: The Abandoned Ship! The Creeping Shadow!

Hanada Tattsu
28th June 2003, 09:54 PM
Advance Generation Episode #32: The Abandoned Ship! The Creeping Shadow!

Initial First Thoughts

Well, the group has finally left Dewford Isle, and they are heading for Slateport City. This episode is about the game, mainly the Abandoned Ship that rests on Route 108. I hope someone catches something in here, as the group is soon heading for a third badge and a Pokemon Contest, which means both Ash and May have to be looking out for stuff.

Screen by Screen Analysis of Episode Preview

First, we see the usual red-orange screen of Groudon and the Pokemon of the Day's name. We then see a misty sea, which then forms into an Abandoned Ship lurking in the middle of the ocean. We see the ship up close, and it looks huge, very tall and sturdy. We see Ash, Brock, Pikachu, and Masato on the railing of the ship, and then May pops up, saying something. We then see a dark door, and an eye glowing. We see James walking, and then a blue hand covers his mouth and drags him away, as Jessie and walks away from him, not noticing he has been kindapped. We then see the May, who falls into something, as Ash, Brock, Masato, and some guy with brown hair and casual clothes (no, its not Capt. Stern) and it cuts to Ash saying something. We see a Swampert, who is revealed to be the captor. We then see in front of Swampert, who is looking at his captors; so far May, Masato, Jessie, James, Meowth, Wobuffet (who is hanging upside down) and May's Torchic being tied to some post. Swampert starts walking to them, with a Spinarak next to them. Swampert then uses a Mud Shot on Ash, Pikachu, Brock, and that guy, who squint. We then see Ash order his Corphish to use Crabhammer on Swampert, who gets hurt. The preview finishes up with Swampert using Iron Tail on Corphish, and the usual aqua-blue background of Kyogre and the episode title.

Picture of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/032.jpg

This is a picture of the Swampert on the Abandoned Ship.

Final Thoughts

This looks like a great, exciting episode! Swampert looks real cool, and Ash has been using Corphish a lot lately, I wonder if it'll beat the Swampert and his apprentice Spinarak? Also, will Brock's Mudkip help change Swampert's and Spinarak's disposition. Hmm... Well, until next time!

Enjoy! :D

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:32 PM
Did you guys notice that the animation has been brought up a notch in this episode? It looks like all the new sponsers have been providing OLM with more money. $weet!

Anyways, here are some HQ screenshots, ehehehe. :)

Abandonned Ship.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:33 PM
Looks like May is working on another one of her documentaries, LOL.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:35 PM
Sinister eye.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:37 PM
James being grabbed.

DannyBoy
28th June 2003, 11:39 PM
WOW this episode looks awsome and Swampert looks really good. I can't wait to see this episode. I hope Corphish beats it.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:40 PM
This guy is probably the scientist from the Abandonned Ship in R/S.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:41 PM
Swampert.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:44 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot the up close view of the Abandonned Ship. ^^;

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:46 PM
Swampert's collection. O_O

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:52 PM
Swampert and his accomplice.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:53 PM
Mud Shot.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:55 PM
Corphish's Crabhammer.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:56 PM
Iron Tail squishes Corphish, LOL.

Animelee
28th June 2003, 11:57 PM
Last one for today, the title screen.

DannyBoy
29th June 2003, 12:00 AM
These pixs are good. Poor Corphish. Swampert looks really strong. But the animations are really cool looking to.

Rei_Zero
29th June 2003, 01:22 AM
Swampert also looks really pissed IMO.

Entropy
29th June 2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
Did you guys notice that the animation has been brought up a notch in this episode? It looks like all the new sponsers have been providing OLM with more money. $weet!

Yes, 4Kids.

Hanada Tattsu
29th June 2003, 10:30 AM
Wow, those pics are very cool!

I wonder what Swampert is gonna do with May, Torchic, Masato, Jessie, Wobuffet, James, and Meowth? Is he gonna eat them and give the bones to Spinarak?

Gravy
29th June 2003, 11:35 AM
wonder what Swampert is gonna do with May, Torchic, Masato, Jessie, Wobuffet, James, and Meowth? Is he gonna eat them and give the bones to Spinarak?

lol, I'm sure Spinarak would prefer their body fluids instead.

Wow, looks like a great episode. Heh, Haruka-chan looks so cool in that shot ^_^
Erm, anyways, where was I?. Oh yes. I wonder why Swampert is kidnapping everyone and hanging them up like that? Make-shift punching bags perhaps? lol, I know Wobbufett would be most suited for that. Or perhaps he just wants to decorate the interior of the ship ^_^0
Maybe the Swampert and Spinarak are abanoned pokemon. Or maybe their owners perished when the ship crashed, and they were the only survivors.
Corphish is being overused, but who cares, its ten times better than pika!
I'm guessing Mudkip will be the one who saves the day in this episode.

*Murkrow
29th June 2003, 12:31 PM
Lol, sounds cool^_^ Swampert looks really great in those pics as well, except it's tail is kinda bugging me...
*Squints at pics*
It just doesn't seem right :/

Gravy
29th June 2003, 12:52 PM
Yeah, now that you mention it, it's tail does look a little odd.

have a stammer
29th June 2003, 01:51 PM
What i can't believe is that we get to see Swampert in such a short time, the 32 episode ... that's quick.

*SPOLIER* We have already seen Blaziken in the Silver Convention *SPOILER*

Now all there is left is Sceptile. In Johto it's nearing the end and all we have seen is Feraligatr, Typhlosion was in the Special Raikou episode but we wont be seeing that, and the episode where Meganium is shown is coming up, yet it's at the very end of Johto!

The reason I think Swampert is taking every body prisoner is the same reason Gravy said. I think Swampert and Spinarak used to belong to passengers on the ship, maybe there trainers died or maybe the trainers just left them there. And I think Corphish will try and fight but Swampert will beat the crap out of it, perhaps that one iron tail made corphish faint.

oh and thanks to Otaku Shigeru for the pictures

JazzJazz
29th June 2003, 05:56 PM
As I said in another thread and as Hanada eluded, I think it'll take Brock'sudkip to bridge the gap between the group and swampert... I betting that we'll see a heppy ending with them all being friends (and Team Rocket blasting off).

ThePhenom
29th June 2003, 07:23 PM
I like how when Swampert takes everyone prisoner Wobbuffet is left upside down. :)

HiTM@N
30th June 2003, 07:43 AM
Looks like a great episode overall. Can't wait to watch it off of MIRC. Peace 8)

Team Rocket's Lugia
30th June 2003, 09:44 AM
I LOVED THAT PIC WITH THE PRISONERS! ONE LOOK AT THAT WOBBUFFET MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD, I FELL OFF THE CHAIR!

Hanada Tattsu
30th June 2003, 01:11 PM
If Corphish loses, maybe instead of battling, it can snip Wobuffet off, and Wobuffet can battle Swampert! It's time we see Wobuffet actually do something. The last time it battled was in Blackthorn.

Animelee
30th June 2003, 11:16 PM
I think that the reason why Swampert and Spinarak are doing what they're doing is because they were probably raised on that ship by a trainer, and then he passed away, and left them there, so now, they're trying to protect it from intruders...I guess...!

Hanada Tattsu
1st July 2003, 01:06 AM
Unless Swampert and Spinarak are guarding something, possibly they belong to a Team Aqua member? Or maybe they are hiding the Scanner?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
1st July 2003, 03:46 AM
I must admit it is cool how they make more episodes based on the games in Hooen. Hopefully this brings more information you need:

Abandoned Ship! Creeping Shadow!!

Satoshi has finished the Muro Gym return match. Because of Haruka's participation in the Pokémon Contest, Satoshi and his group head by ship for Kaina City, where it is held. However, the ship got into Team Rocket's trap and was broken. So Satoshi and others, swinging on water, have drifted to a point where a ghastly ship has been stranded.

There the party got aquainted with Hiromi, who says he is investigating the abandoned ship, and decided to relax for a while. At that time, Achamo suddenly wasn't with them! At first, the party had been searching inside the ship without thinking of the mistake made, but a bit later Masato and Haruka's appearance is gone. Satoshi and friends, feeling the danger, are in a pinch after becaming dependent on it, but...

Achamo=Torchic
Kaina=Slateport

I just wonder what kind of trap Team Rocket used to get a whole ship out of control. Interesting.

Hanada Tattsu
1st July 2003, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the translator!

Heh, that sounds freaky. But what is Torchic doing out of its Pokeball in the first place?

pikasaiyan
1st July 2003, 11:29 AM
maybe may was checking up on its condition to possibly enter it into the contest? even tho one would think she would put beautifly in it after that contest episode where she first saw beautifly, but who knows.

Gravy
1st July 2003, 12:13 PM
They could have been using Torchic to temporerally light up dark rooms with its Ember attack. Or maybe it was used to attack Team Rocket hilst they put their trap into play, and it just wasn't returned.

Hanada Tattsu
1st July 2003, 01:16 PM
Oh, I see. I think it prolly just was used to light up rooms with its Ember attack or something, and then Swampert kidnapped it.

Gravy
1st July 2003, 01:22 PM
Hmm...although Ember is a sort of projectile attack, and it can't be controlled like a flamethrower can. So, if it did use ember, it would just fire a bunch of tiny fireballs towards the wall or ceiling @_@ Unless Haruka-chan's Torchic knows Flamethrower now.

Hanada Tattsu
1st July 2003, 01:28 PM
Well, Charmander and Cyndaquil actually had fire attached to their body (Charmander has a tail, Cyndaquil had a flame on its back) but Torchic doesn't have that.

Gravy
1st July 2003, 01:42 PM
Yes, but I beleive Charmander had to use its Flamethrower to light the room in the episode 'The Tower of Terror'.
Maybe the little crest on its head glows. Just a thought.
Haruka-chan may just have Torchic out as a security measure, just in case anything jumps out of the shadows and attacks.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd July 2003, 11:10 AM
Well, bimbo Haruka-chan does it again. :D

Why use that little baby chick against anything? I would rather use Beautifly, at least it could use Silver Wind. Or maybe Torchic ill evolve to beat Swampert?

Team Rocket's Lugia
2nd July 2003, 03:21 PM
That hair looking thing on Torchic's head is a flame, i think.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd July 2003, 03:54 PM
No, if it would, they would make a bigger deal out of it, I think.

Chris 2.1
3rd July 2003, 02:45 PM
Well, why was Silcoon, Lotad, Mudkip, Corphish, Treecko and Torchic out in attack of the Nuzleaf Family? Maybe the epi guide I read was poor, but Apparently they're all just out...

May can have Torchic out...its her toned down Pikachu. She does love it, right?

Hanada Tattsu
3rd July 2003, 02:48 PM
Well, from what I read, they were resting and letting out their Pokemon for a break. Yeah, she does love Torchic, but IMHO she likes Beautifly more.

DannyBoy
3rd July 2003, 11:13 PM
Torchic was just a pokemon she had to pick but Beautifly was something she saw and wanted to get. She never planned on getting a Torchic but she planned on getting a wurmple and evolveing it to Beautifly.

Hanada Tattsu
4th July 2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah, she still loves Torchic though. I mean, Ash never planned on getting a Pikachu, did he? But now they are best friends. May just needs to get to know Torchic more.

Legends-Kuja
6th July 2003, 02:49 PM
Say, anyone willing to give a detailed synopsis of this episode?

Sounds like the coolest one YET. Thanks for the pics Animelee.

Swampert already... Now AG is stopping th crappiness that is this anime...

DannyBoy
6th July 2003, 06:17 PM
I know that this eppie is about a boy who had a mudkip which evolved into a Marshstomp. He lost Marshstomp and then years later he is still looking for it and then they find it on a boat but it has evolved into Swampert. It descirbes it all in a flashback when Ash and Co. FInd the guy looking for his Swampert. Then he finds it on the boat.

Gravy
7th July 2003, 06:35 AM
So why is it hanging around in some abandoned boat with Spinarak then? Confused am I :yes:

AKA Pokemon Fan
7th July 2003, 10:14 AM
You can go here (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/308.shtml) to read an episode guide.

Basically it is an episode full of hilarious kidnapping and a bitter Swampert who believes it was abandoned by its trainer. It doesn't explain (in the guide at least) why it kidnaps Torchic or why it is partners with a Spinarak.

Hanada Tattsu
7th July 2003, 05:02 PM
I wonder if the Spinarak and the Swampert belonged to the same trainer, 'cause it seems very likely.

DannyBoy
7th July 2003, 05:05 PM
I think that Swampert found spinark and they became good friends because spinarck could have been abandoned to so they felt they had something in common with each other. But they never mention anything about the trianer losing a spinarack or anything. So spinarack is either abandon to by someone or just a regular poke. So they are prob. just good friends and partners.

Hanada Tattsu
7th July 2003, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I think Spinarak was abandoned by a different trainer, not the one mentioned in the episode.