PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's hitting milestones... Here's to my 1500th... (poll)

EVme15
29th June 2003, 12:24 AM
Yayness! This is my 1500th post, just in time for my 1000th day at TPM that's coming up soon! Is it just me, or are a lot of people hitting significant post numbers about now?

And now, my (not-so) long thought out polls:

1) Do you keep active track on your post count, occasionally look at it, or never really bother?

2)Do you keep track of how many days you've spent on TPM?

3) Do you keep track of your Posts Per Day average?

4) Do you keep track of anything (else) (maybe) insignificant related to TPM?

1) Yes. Taa-daa!
2) Up until recently I haven't. Then I saw how close I was until 1000 and started keeping track. At the time of this post, I have been on TPM 984 days.
3) Now I do, along with my post count and day count.
4) Now that I realized whenever Microsoft Spreadsheet said it couldn't perform a "Save" operation, but did it anyway, I keep track of how many posts and in what forums they were posted in for each day. ^_^ Yesterday I posted 8 times in PCG and once in RPG. I have no life...

Avian Freeze
29th June 2003, 12:28 AM
Congrats on your 1500th post! And your almost 1000th day at TPM :).

1. Actually I don't. I recently hit 1500, I think I'm at around 1570 now but I didn't notice :O. I'm too lazy to hit my profile button XP.

2. Nope, not at all. I never noticed how many days I've been at TPM. All I know is that it's about a year and a half that I've been here.

3. Nah, I don't keep track of that either, but I find it interesting to see how many posts per day average I make, as well as other people.

4. Umm...can't think of any right about now. I probably don't though. I keep track of almost nothing ^_^;;

Matt
29th June 2003, 12:29 AM
1) Do you keep active track on your post count, occasionally look at it, or never really bother?

I occasionally look at it when ever I'm bored and there's nothing else to do >_>

No, I don't really know how many days I've been at TPM now anyway >_> But I do remember you telling everyone in ummmm a couple of days ago I was just too lazy to type saying for you to tell me mine :O

Not really. I don't much care for that. But I think now my PPD is 1.91 or something each day. Yeah, I'm not that much of an active poster.

I keep track of the pictures in the picture thread. Yes, I stalk them >:D. Just kidding o.o;. I guess that's all that I keep track of >_>

Crystal Mew
29th June 2003, 12:38 AM
Hey congratz Kayla ^_^

1. I occasionly look, like every week to see how many posts I've made in the last week, and so on...and my postcount :o

2. No...I know when I did join, but I don't count every day/hour/ minute
lol

3. Nah...I do look at it sometimes, and it seems the more I post, the lower my PCA goes down ._.? weird..

4. No...not really ^^;

Jay
29th June 2003, 12:39 AM
Hey, this is my 4353rd post. I hit a new milestone --; Congrats though

Im sort of forced to look at it, because I seem to have an addiction to checking which PMs I've sent and looking at my 25 recent posts on one page. They always show my basic post count - I really don't care about it however

2) Do you keep track of how many days you've spent on TPM?

Nope. I just check how many years I spend at TPM. 2 and a half and a bit lol. Say, about 100 and a few more days and I should hit my 1000th day here too approximately.

Kind of. When I went on leave about 3 months ago, my p.p.d. average was 3.92. It was the first time it ever dropped below 4.00. Now it's like 5.42 I think, or 5.41, which is the highest it has been on the vB so far. I don't care about it, but I always seem to check it sometime since i'm here alot. I guess it's a thing you check often when you're bored or just browsing

Being a moderator I have to track PCG carefully, or maybe not, since i'm here all the time except when i'm asleep, hence I really don't have anything else I check often outside of here, maybe just my adoptees/captees page, which is also related to TPM. Bah. >_<

Zak
29th June 2003, 12:50 AM
Hiya Kayla! Congrats on 1500 ^_^ ;)

1. Well, I don't usually, but it just so happened that I was in a chat discussing postcounts, and I decided to check mine just for the heck of it, and I realized I had 1987.... I was surprised because a. That's the year I was born, and b. I was close to 2000... so I thought I might as well... ^_^;;

2. No, but I keep track of years...

3. Nah.... not really interesting to me... :/

4. Yes, I like to keep track on who mods what... lol I know that's the admin's job, but I follow it just for fun, and sometimes discuss it with Suzie... but if you ask her she'll probably say I'm biased, lol but I'm really *not*, heck I picked Hanada Tattsu for AD and he's a guy... and I know of two other people I think would be good mods in certain places, and they're guys.
So... yeah, I also keep track of all the Anime stuff... AD's always where I first turn to. XD when I was a newbie, I used to check TPM and BMG forums for Pokemon Anime news... now I have no reason to, cause I give it, lol...

*Postcount++* ;)

Yeah.... congrats Kay.

~Zak

Haruko
29th June 2003, 01:28 AM

Yeah..I do, sadly..I'm near 1200...which is good for me....

I know I've been here for a little over 2 years....

Nope...I'm not that sad...

'Sometimes...Mods and crud..Not much..

Congrat's on the big 1500!

Katie
29th June 2003, 02:54 AM
sorta, I was kind of planning out how many posts a day I need a day to hit elite trainer on my 2 year anniversary thing =o I like doing stuff like that, sue me XP (8 per day, now, btw =o)

no, you told me it was 711 a couple days ago though =D

not really, I think it's 3.31 now though. not bad considering the 2 month ezboard period and my 6 month absense "I don't need TPM anymore" thing, 0 posts in 7 or 8 months >.>;

hm.. I try to post in every topic in fanart ..; heh *no life* IT NEEDS TO LIVE! GO TO FANART RIGHT NOW AND COMMENT AND POST PICTURES AND STUFF o.o;

~Katie

ILikePokemonP
29th June 2003, 04:49 AM
1. Sometimes I look when I'm bored. I know it's 2000 and something.

2. I can remember when I joined but I don't keep track of the days in my head.

3. Occasionally, though it basically stays at around 8.5

4. I have a notepad file with my plushies and I keep lingo words so I can try and work it out.

Cheesey
29th June 2003, 07:41 AM
1) Yeah, I look at it all the time. Mind you, I'm quite new. I ojoined on March 12th this year. This'll be my 551st post.

2) No, That's too hard :P

3) Yeah, I do. Right now it's quite high (5.06 I think)

4) I like to know who's mod of what. Although it keeps shocking me that people get modded when I've been away somewhere (Gligar_Man, Madelyn151) and people getting demodded when I'm away (The Muffin Man) Although I'm usually on PCG accidentally breaking rules and getting told off by Jay, Cyndaquil, Lady Vulpix.....

Lady Vulpix
29th June 2003, 09:05 AM
1) Well, when everyone starts talking about the amount of posts they made, I check mine not to be left out of the conversation, but it's not a great topic to talk about anyway, so that doesn't happen often. Maybe once every 2 months or so. So no, I don't keep track of them.
2) Not the days, but I do remember when I joined. October 1st, 2000. It's nice to remember how long I've been here, how many things have changed since I joined and how many are still the same. *Picks calculator.* Wow, I've been on TPM for 1000 days!!!! (I joined in the evening and it's morning, so it's not 1001 days yet).
3) Nope. What's with statistics anyway?
4) I keep track of all my adopted and captured pokemon related info, a lot of Expedia-related stuff, the Dragon Tamers history, some info about my TPM friends (like their birthdays, the countries where they live, etc.) and, the most useless of all, a list of Hidden Powers of several adopted pokemon, many of which are not even on the board anymore. :P And, of course, I keep track of all the stamps earned at the Battle Range. We need to keep those Dratinis safe. ;)

Silver Ledian
29th June 2003, 08:46 PM

-----

1) I used to look at my postcount all the time because it was right under my username, so it was convenient. And I used to keep track milestones too. Nowadays I'd check one every week or something but I don't really care anymore, it's not about postcount...I just enjoy replyin'. Plus, it takes too much effort to go into your profile all the time. :P *lazy*

2) Uhhh...no! I've never actually thought of doing it before but I will before the night's out now that you've said it, lol. I'm normally too lazy to do stuff like that XD I just keep track of years and atm I've been at TPM for 2 years and 2 months :D

3) When I look in my profile I look at it since it's just there but I don't actually keep track of it because it probably doesn't change much at all. I'd say they're relatively inaccurate though, sine the average can be altered dramatically by extreme values, XD

4) I actually pay attention to who is using the same font color as me. I don't like it but you can't stop someone from using the same colour as you. I also often have a glance at the mods...and in general who posts a lot and where ^^'

Nice poll! :) And congrats on the 1500th post and 1000 days here!

Champion Lance
29th June 2003, 08:59 PM

I used to when I first arrived, and recently I did, but not anymore, since I just changed my name (formerly Dark Trainer)

Not really...since I came, posted alot, then left, and now I'm back.

Mine's not really that accurate, since it counts all those days I wasn't here and didn't post, so I'm only posting .7 a post each day. :confused:

not that I know of...?

Aipom Of Doom
29th June 2003, 09:04 PM
Congrats kayla and stuff :O 1500 posts and almost 1000 days

1. Sometimes. When I get bored I look at the memberlist and see how far down I am on the highest posters list (I'm at 115th as of this morning I think :D )

2. Not really, though I might with 1000 only a few months away. *grabs calculator and divides 2872 by 3.23* hmm... about 889... which seems right.

3. Sometimes. It's been hovering a bit over 3 for the longest time and isn't really going to change with how long I've been here...

4. My adopted pokemon stuff, which is pretty significant tho :O