PDA

View Full Version : In AG, do we see deposited Pokemon when Ash calls Oak?

Bacl
29th June 2003, 11:08 AM
Just thought of this after seeing yesterday's episode, in which when Ash calls Oak we see some of his deposited Pokemon in the background. This has been a trend ever since Ash started depositing Pokemon with Oak.

So for those who have been watching all these AG episodes:

1) Does Ash even still call Oak? Or has Birch replaced him completely?

2) When and if he phones Oak, have we seen deposited Pokemon in the background?

I just get this chilling feeling that since they want to start over so fresh, they'll quickly forget about the dozen or so Pokemon Ash left with Oak.

Zak
29th June 2003, 12:40 PM
Ash pretty much never calls Oak anymore... at least he hasn't yet.

~Zak

AKA Pokemon Fan
30th June 2003, 10:58 AM
Ash calls Oak at the start of AG but I don't think he has since.

But the other Pokemon haven't been forgotten. There is a whole Hoso special dedicated to them.:D

Hanada Tattsu
30th June 2003, 11:49 AM
1) The last time Ash even called Oak was in AG 2. However, Masato and Haruka have mentioned him quite a few times, but we haven't seen him since. We have seen him quite a few times in Hoso, but nothing else. Ash just calls Birch nowadays.

2) Well, see above. We haven't seen any of his deposited Pokemon in the anime, but we have seen them in Hoso.

pikasaiyan
1st July 2003, 11:14 AM
is phanpy in that episode? cause ive seen some screenshots but i have not seen phanpy in any of them.

Hanada Tattsu
1st July 2003, 01:29 PM
All of Ash's old Pokemon are in that Hoso episode, which means that naturally Phanpy is there as well.

nintendestined64
9th July 2003, 01:08 PM
So he usually calls just Prof. Birch now? Drats.... It makes me wonder why he didn't call Prof. Elm often, if at all, during Johto...
:confused:

DannyBoy
9th July 2003, 01:11 PM
He prob calls Birch more because he know more about it there then oak and since May is travelling with them she wants to tlak or something.

Chris 2.1
9th July 2003, 03:01 PM
Yea, let's not forget Birch knows May from AG01. Also, he's made an appearence in the episode with Beautifly and Dustox, the four studies Seedot with him.

Bacl
9th July 2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by nintendestined64
It makes me wonder why he didn't call Prof. Elm often, if at all, during Johto...
:confused:

Yeah, poor Professor Elm sure didn't get his fair share of screen time. But I'm going to miss Professor Oak!

DannyBoy
9th July 2003, 10:26 PM
Proffesor Elm wasn't really that important. He showed up in about maybe 3 or 4 eppies im not sure about the Silver Convention but he really didn't have a purpose only to Casey and other starting trainers. I think there will be more Oak calls soon about pokemon or maybe bringing back some old friends ::crosses fingers for totodile::

Hanada Tattsu
9th July 2003, 11:01 PM
Well, Ash did talk to Oak in AG2, but that was about it. We also saw Proffesor Birch in the Team Magma/Aqua Secret Base eppie.

Yeah, Elm never got his fair share, but we did see him quite a lot in MQ.

DannyBoy
10th July 2003, 11:15 PM
Don't we see Elm in the League Battles in a crowd with a Lotad. Or do we see Birch? All I know is one proffesor has a Lotad.

Keithvee
11th July 2003, 01:21 PM
I recall seeing Oak in in AG 15, when he lectures some students at the Pokemon school, and talks to Ash and the others along with Roxanne.

DannyBoy
11th July 2003, 06:13 PM
Wow, I never knew that. Are you sure? Why would Oak be in Hoenn. He really doesn't have a need there.

Keithvee
11th July 2003, 07:39 PM
He doesn't lecture them in person. It's on video, presumably over satellite TV or the internet. But he's there as it's Oak that Masato ends up asking to join the Pokemon School, I believe. He goes all shy on Oak and stuff. :)

SuperSonic
11th July 2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah, he lectures through a tv screen. Lets not forget, its long distance to call kanto. I'd imagine it'd be like calling Australia. Well thats how I view Hoenn, sorta main island/water based, some arid areas, lots of unique wildlife. Although, I don't know how much a video phone call goes for. Maybe through competition the leading phone companies kept lowering the price of phone calls. Although, if you use 10-10-220 you can call anywhere in the hoenn region for only $1. (or that weird money symbol they seem to have in the game)

Hanada Tattsu
12th July 2003, 09:53 PM
LOL, maybe. We do see Oak likewise in AG 17 or 18, too, I think. Masato goes crazy on Oak kinda like Tracey did, I suppose.