PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What makes TPM so great?

Champion Lance
29th June 2003, 01:29 PM
Why is the fact so plain that TPM has so many members? Why does this particular board attract so many gosh darn people? What do you think?

I think lots of people come to Pokemasters because the site itself is great, with good reviews, info, and just overall great. The forums itself is very cool, its not some cheap HTML. There's lots of options. There's a good variety of forums as well.

ps. This is no time to suck up. Speak truthfully. ;)

pss. 500th post! I'm a newbie! :wave:

Krystalline Kabutops
29th June 2003, 01:34 PM
Hmm....

I originally came for RS help, after being gone for a few years. (No, I wasn't a member) But hwat kept me here after that was RPG. I dunno, I might branch out to other Forums one day, but for the moment, I'll stay in my little RPG covered hidie hole =)

andyizcool
29th June 2003, 01:40 PM
I joined because these forums have lot of people that will help you if you have a question and I'm amazed how many people use these forums. I like the RS forums because I can get my team rated by people who know what they're doing and I like their help because it's helped me a lot. When I didn't have Pokemon Sapphire I learnt a lot about the game just from visiting here every so often. This Game forum is good because I can adopt Pokemon and battle with them to train them up. I want to go on an adventure with these Pokemon but I'm not sure if the MODS would make an adventure forum for trainers to go on adventures with their Pokemon.

~Andrew

PNT510
29th June 2003, 01:41 PM
The fact that I've been here for liek forevar!!

Zak
29th June 2003, 01:46 PM
I love how TPM has its fights, its politics, it's social soap operas, and whatnot. I also met someone from the internet for the first time through TPM. Heh.... seriously, if you're a bit in on the issues, you'd agree that TPM is soap opera central of the Pokemon community... and how alot of the members have their gimmicks.... heh, seriously, it's almost like one of those long stories and soap operas with many characters who each have their own nature, and uniqueness.... and the issues that go on.... Heh, I wouldn't know where to start.... but I pretty much like how TPM is like an action-packed story.

~Zak

andyizcool
29th June 2003, 01:49 PM
Also in your area where you live you might only find 1 or 2 people that like Pokemon but on the Internet lots of people in America like Pokemon.

~Andrew

Cheesey
29th June 2003, 01:57 PM
1) Fun fun fun

2) Socialize

3) Friendly people

4) Learn about stuff

5) Make friends

6) If I listed everything my computer would go boom

So yeah :D

Misty
29th June 2003, 03:30 PM
There's nothing like flaunting your superiority over hundreds of thousands of people! X)

Aipom Of Doom
29th June 2003, 03:33 PM
Fun and friends and fun and stuff...

Specifically PCG and Adopted Pokemon. Adopted Pokemon is the only thing keeping me at TPM :D.

nightcrow
29th June 2003, 04:55 PM
i joined at first because I thought it seemed like a huge community - you knew pretty much everyone and vice versa. I didn't have any friends on the internet then so of course I was drawn to TPM :yes:

Kris
29th June 2003, 05:05 PM
I orginally joined because I had heard about the neo cards and wanted to find out more. then when I started asking questions about the anime I was directed to the ubb.

The main reason Im here?

Same as PNT, been here for ages and cant bear to leave. But its cus of the people and friend Ive made!

Crystal Mew
29th June 2003, 05:28 PM
I was drawn here from the smilies :yes:
well, seriously, this place had a lot of people, and I do kinda admit, back then we had millions of smilies, so I was like 'hey thats cool I wan't to use them' lol o_O;
But I also had no online friends at the time, and I met my first o/l bf here :o

ah good memories :')

Interpol HQ
29th June 2003, 08:25 PM
I stumbled apon TPM when i was looking for shiney odds ion Ru/Sa. I stayed here becaused I like the comunity.

EVme15
29th June 2003, 08:34 PM
I first came a LONG time ago, and started reading FanFiction everyday. When that was removed, I joined the board.

The people here are (mostly) nice. It's fun. There's a lot to do. Good boredom buster. You meet a lot of people. Did I mention it's fun?
And, yeah, I remember the tons of smilies. All the Pokemon (276, because there were 26 Unowns), many of the trainers, all of the badges (Even the TCG ones), and the thousands :love: upon thousands :jump: upon thousands :birthday: upon THOUSANDS :mad2: of normal face smilies. ( :wave: :yes: :no: ) Those are probably the only original ones in the board from back then. We had the same of the others, just different looks and most of them moved. Erm... I'll stop now.

Silver Ledian
29th June 2003, 09:10 PM
Nice poll (I've said that a lot tonight):

I originally joined TPM because I was simply looking for information about pokémon and in a Yahoo! search I saw a site called 'The PokéMasters'. Just like any other I clicked on it and after browsing for about half a day, lol, I joined!

The thing that influenced me was simply the quality of the site, it was great! And the board I saw was like no other, with loads of forums, plenty of discussion and many members! The first topic I read, I think, was about Slowpoke and Shellder in GD!

Since, I have stayed simply because TPM has been the first board I joined - related to pokémon - and I also think it is still the best! 99.9% of my online mates are from here and I find it simply enjoyable - the discussions, debates, polls, art and basically the general way of like. And Zak is right, it's like a big soap, lol, since everyone has their own personal character, clearly!

TPM owns! :)

Solution
29th June 2003, 11:35 PM
I joined in dec. 2000 mostly for pokemon. At that time, the rby forum was the best forum out there IMO. Now its gone to hell, and sucks, but tpm is still cool. I think that tpm isn't as fun as it used to be, but over the years you meet people that you love and hate, and you realize you just wanna come back for more. :yes:

Katie
30th June 2003, 01:14 AM
a not so brief history: I originally came from a friend's reference, I needed a pic of machoke and she gave me the link to the old picturedex (which I TOTALLY think we need back, goddamn me not knowing what all the pokemon look like from different angles for my art :'() I nosed through fanfic after fanfic, walkthrough after walkthrough, art album after art album @_@ (Onix11 OWNS btw >.>) it was such a cool site, it had EVERYTHING! I browsed around the site for like 4 or 5 months until I was bored one day (july 16, '01 >.>) and checked out the 'contact admins' thingie, clicked PMK's which directed me to the forums. at this time I had no idea what a message board was, and had no contact with the online world at all. it really confused me, I thought everything was written by one person, thought sigs were part of the conversation, etc. so I registered and had my first post in GD in a topic about how someone got a pikachu to breed with it's mother :rolleyes: from there I slowly got to know people and really the only reason I stay here is because of this little circle of friends ^_^
but that wasn't the question, now was it? I think back then the reason everyone joined was because you could get help on any topic, everyone was smart/somewhat friendly, and very very active. I don't know why people join nowadays, this is like the chewed up, spat out, stepped on version of how tpm used to be =/

WOW I type a lot when I'm bored @_@

~Katie

Crystalmaster Mike
30th June 2003, 02:47 AM
What makes TPM so great? What - makes - TPM - so - great - ? TPM... the main site of TPM... it once had everything a Pokémon Fan could wish for. Not only tons of information about the whole Pokémon craze, but also creative outbursts of Pokémon Fans themselves, namely FanFiction and FanArt. Then there was - is, the option of communicating with others: the Drawing Board (remember ?), the Chat, the Message Board... And when you go to the Message Board, it's like you step into a whole new site, a whole new world, a whole new Pokémon Craze Experience. You can talk about everything, the communication is taken to a higher level: RPGs, Polls, Clubs, Games, ASB, Miscellaneous... And then, there are all those other things you can do and participate in. TPM... is an online WORLD. It's just great to be a part in it! Because, we all know - we all should know: no matter when, where, or how you live... if you're a part of TPM, you, dear fellow, are a part of one of the greatest, if not the greatest Pokémon Communities there are!! And if you don't agree, visit another forum in TPM, and you'll see there is a LOT you can do... as a TPM Fan.

ILikePokemonP
30th June 2003, 04:03 AM
One day I was sitting here and thought to myself "I should join a pokemon forum". Just like that. I had a very, very basic idea of what a forum was since I'd posted at 2 other ones (planetcommunity and some pokemon email forum) which both don't exist any more. I think I had about 40 posts between the two. It took me a couple of weeks here to totally adjust to what everything did and and what everything meant here. I came here because I'd visited the main site before for various bits on info (time changing password for g/s comes to mind). Anyway it took me literally a month or more to find pcg which is where do most of my posting currently.

I come here because it's like a magnet is pulling me towards my computer monitor :D

AntiAsh Superstar
1st July 2003, 03:46 PM
What's good about TPM? Community, in a word. You get to know each other pretty well after posting on a message board for any length of time, and I've made some good online friends through this (not to mention earned meself a non-online girlfriend in the process) so it wouldn't be the same to just leave and go somewhere else where I didn't know anybody. And anyways, Dragon Tamers is here, how could I possibly desert the twelve psychopaths who dominate my life so much? :D

Wild Female Machoke
1st July 2003, 07:12 PM
What makes TPM so great?

Hmmm... It started out when a friend of mine recommend me to this site after I asked for help on those new Gold/Silver attacks for Pokémon. After I lurked in the forums for a while, I decided to give it a try. I found out that I can make new friends here.

Seeing that many people posted artwork in the Fan Art forum, I couldn't resist. Many people LOVED my artwork once I posted them.

Syberia
2nd July 2003, 06:53 PM
What do I love most about TPM? That's an easy one... Karin, of course.

Ultarius
2nd July 2003, 07:18 PM
I don't know what makes TPM so great. I really don't. Maybe it's the members that give TPM its reputation. Maybe its the mods, who watch over the members. Maybe its the rather large, attractive banner at the top of the home page. Whatever it is, TPM is currently 10K members strong, and growing every day.

For me, it's the fact that I know no one on TPM (the only person I kinda got to know was With Rye, who to this day, is still the l33test member. Period.), so I can say what I want to say, and not have to worry about offending anyone.

Charizard04621
8th July 2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Syberia
What do I love most about TPM? That's an easy one... Karin, of course.

Oh, that's so sweet... I love you too!

Jay
8th July 2003, 11:45 PM
TPM keeps me occupied.

If it didn't, then, you wouldn't want to know what would happen. Being unoccupied all your life = n.

Zombie
9th July 2003, 12:15 AM
You can't escape its clutches. Even if you leave [like I did] you will end up right back where you started.