PDA

View Full Version : personality?? (-speed, +attack, +defense, -spclatk, etc)

Kari and Mewtwo
20th December 2002, 03:26 PM
how exactly is it determined?

Azura Stardust
21st December 2002, 12:47 AM
There are certain personalities which determine this. You can find out your pokemon's personalities from the first status page. However I don't know what personality has what effects and how to translate personality names from Japanese, so :\

I think there are some personalities that don't + or - stats, though. If I'm wrong then that means there is no such thing as max statted pokemon! :O

Damian Silverblade
21st December 2002, 01:27 AM
There is no such thing whatsoever.

The new Effort Value system ensure that there will be absolutely NO maxed-out pokemon.

However, there are (I think) 5 personalities that gives no boost or penalties.

Brain
21st December 2002, 01:46 PM
Five personalities that don't affect stats? I'd rather have one like that, and the others would go like: +def, +sd, -att, -sa; +att, +sa, -def, -sd; +att, +def, -sa, -sd and +sa, +sd, -att, -def.

That would be a little more interesting IMO.

Hyperworm
21st December 2002, 02:05 PM
There's a table at
http://pokemon-gba.com/seikaku-h.htm

The words on the left represent the personalities. Don't have translations for them, though.* On the top are the stats: Attack, Defense, Spcl.Atk, Spcl.Def, Speed.
5 personalities have no effect on stats, and the other 17 are balanced out.

All Pokémon can have all personalities, right?

[edit: * note on this: a few of the personalities translate to the same thing, and appear to be just synonyms, so that makes it a little harder. I could write them in romaji if wanted...]

Kari and Mewtwo
21st December 2002, 02:14 PM
so i guess its predetermined, then? and in order to change it you'll need to rebreed?

Hyperworm
21st December 2002, 02:18 PM
Something like that ^.^