PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon: Final Encounter

GSAce789
29th June 2003, 02:43 PM
Okay, I've tried to post this fic before, but it didn't get much of a response. I'm hoping people will look at it a bit more, this time. It's a Mewtwo fic. A summary is as follows...

When Mewtwo escaped from Team Rocket in the movie, "Mewtwo Returns," he erased any knowledge of himself from all of TR, including Giavonni.
But now, 20 years later, the oppurtunity has arisen for history to repeat itself. Even more threatening is the fact that Giavonni is now not only still the leader of Team Rocket, but also a hateful, bitter old man, hostile against the world and everything in it. Thus, if he were to have to use his evil ingenuity to rethink up another "altered-Mew specimen" , even though he still has no recollection of anything having to do with Mewtwo, the result should be something like...

Without further ado...

Pokemon: "Final Encounter"
Prologue- “The End Of The Beginning”
(Immediately following the events of the direct-to-video pokemon movie, Mewtwo Returns)

The leader of Team Rocket, Giovanni was puzzled.

Every time he tried to think about the past day or so, he remembered nothing, and it just made his head hurt. The last thing he remembered, he was en route to this place, Crystal Lake, or where it was supposed to be, at least... Now there was nothing but a giant crater, where there should be a huge body of crystal clear water. And even more, WHY he was here, he couldn't remember. It just didn't make sense.

Whatever the reason, he was here. A legion of his best Team Rocket forces was here. But, most imperative of all, the remnants of a huge team rocket outpost was here, in plain site to any governmental establishments that happened to take a look. All that Giovanni could do was have the already present troops pack everything up and move it away. At least it was getting dark, so they could work in relative concealment.

But still, it just didn't make sense...

The Team Rocket grunt named Mike was getting a headache.

Just yesterday afternoon, as he now knew, he was standing guard at his post at the Celadon city base, proud of his recent promotion up to the rank of floor guard. But then, he was given new orders: get to briefing for a special operation. The last thing he remembered was getting on a blimp. But WHY he had done so, and everything up until now, was just a blank, and every time he tried to think about it, it just made his head throb.

Nevertheless, here he was, at this weird crater-like place, digging out support beams from what used to be a Team Rocket base, which he also didn't remember a single thing about. But, everything was strangely familiar, but in the same way, it wasn't.

But still, it just didn't make sense...

...WHACK. His shovel hit something hard in the dirt.

"Well, there's a twist," He thought. "Great. Now I've gotta dig whatever this is out, too. Better check how big it is…" But when he jabbed his shovel down a foot away in every direction, it wasn't there.

"Weird," He muttered. "It's not very big at all.” But it's not a rock, though, He reasoned. I've done a lot of digging, and I know what a rock feels like when you hit it with a shovel…

“...I guess I should dig it out..."

One minute later...

"AUUUGH!!!!!"

He had dug up a pokemon skull.

Mike hadn't expected to see this, that was for sure.

His nearby friend and fellow agent ran over, drawn by Mike’s outburst. "What is it?" He asked.

"Look...I dug up something's cranium."

His friend, Ross, picked it up, and studied it for a minute. Ross was a Team Rocket Pokemon scientist, and he, too, had been dragged here for reasons unknown to everybody. But if anyone would know what this skull belonged to, it would be Ross. Yet, for one of the most skilled scientists in the entire organization, he seemed awfully puzzled by this skull.

"Well, it USED to be something's cranium, alright..." He finally said. "But what it belonged to, I can't figure out. I'd better show it to the boss."

"Alright, whatever. Uh-oh, 009's coming. Better get back to work..."

Ross walked over towards the boss, who was standing near the wreck of his late, beloved helicopter, clearly as puzzled as the rest. Noticing Ross, he turned to the scientist.

"What is it?" He asked, obviously a bit annoyed.

Ross presented him the skull. "It's this, sir." Giovanni took it and looked it over. Then he looked up at Ross again.

"Well? You’re the expert, right? What pokemon is it?"

"That's just it, sir. I can't figure it out. I'm pretty sure it's some type of feline pokemon. It could just be a Meowth with a facial defect, or, it could be some new or extinct pokemon.” He shook his head. “I can't tell. I was hoping you would just know what to do with it."

"Yes...hmm..." Giovanni thought for a minute. "Strange…” he said, the tone in his voice sounded as if he had seen it before, but couldn’t remember where. But He shook his head, handed it back and waved it off. “Hmph. Store it somewhere safe for now.” He instructed, turning back to the wreck. “Since the Seafoam Island DNA lab was mysteriously destroyed, we have nowhere to send it for study at the moment."

"Yes, sir."

Ash Ketchum walked in the city with his friends.

It had been quite a day. Just yesterday morning, he, Brock, and Misty had arrived at crater, trying to find some way to get around the massive canyon that stood in the way of their journey. The next thing they knew, they were getting caught up in a grudge battle between Mewtwo, apparently a very powerful psychic pokemon, and it's former master, apparently the leader of Team Rocket. There was a spectacular grand finale, as Mewtwo broke out from Team Rocket’s control, destroyed their base they had set up, and finally, wiped clean the memories of all the Team Rocket personnel in some sort of energy wave that, somehow, looked strangely familiar.

Something out of the corner of Ash’s eye caught his attention. What was that? …Up among the skyscrapers, standing on the flagpole of one of the tallest towers, visible with the large full moon as a backdrop behind...

...Was Mewtwo.

"Ash?"

Ash turned towards Misty, Togepi, Brock, and Pikachu, who were now a couple of yards ahead of him.

"C'mon, Ash,” Misty said. “You're falling behind."

"Is something wrong?" Brock asked.

Ash smiled. "No..." He replied. "...I just thought I saw something."

He looked up again, and even from such a distance, he could tell that Mewtwo was looking straight at him. Then, he heard in his mind, two words, obviously from Mewtwo…

"REMEMBER ME."

With that, Mewtwo took off and flew away, fading into the night sky.

Mewtwo soared above the city.

Everything is well now, he thought. My pokemon sanctuary is saved. I have locked away all memories of the past events and myself. And after all that has happened, I have a new sense of security and freedom. No longer must I go into hiding, and no longer must I be afraid of the world. In fact, I believe I shall from now on use my superior abilities to help the entire world from this point forward. Yes, everything is well now...

But then, he paused, looked back in the direction where Crystal crater was, and for a moment, would anyone have been able to see him, they might have been able to make out the look of puzzled worry that came to his expression.

...So why do I have this feeling that something is still terribly wrong?

GeneChildMewtwo
29th June 2003, 04:45 PM
You've set the stage for something interesting. I like what you've got so far, although I wonder what will happen when the first chapter begins.

This was somewhat short, but that could be because it's only the prolouge. Hoepfully the chapters will be a bit longer.

Well, I'll be waiting fir the next part.
Later! :wave:

GSAce789
29th June 2003, 08:34 PM
Thanks to all who've read the prologue. Here's Chapter one. A warning, though, I tend to get writer's block easily, and thus chapter one is as far as I've got finished. I'm working on chapter two, but it's gonna be a little while before it gets posted. I'm just at that point where, like, you KNOW what should happen, and what you want to happen later, but you just can't figure out to get it down...

Pokemon: "Final Encounter"
Chapter 1- "Reoccurrences begin"

20 years later...

-----------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Team Rocket project database. Enter passcodes.

Passcodes accepted. Select topic.

-- Recruiting centers

-- “Rocketwing” prototype test updates

-- Orbital Military\Research complex updates\reports

-- **“Mewraith” genetics cloning project**

-- Silph Co. Headquarters heist second attempt plans

-- Other topics

THIS INFORMATION IS LEVEL 1A CLASSIFIED

ENTER PASSCODES

Passcodes accepted. Opening topic information.

“MEWRAITH” GENETICS CLONING PROJECT

Project name: Mewraith

Background: Genetics\Pokemon-cloning research project.

Subject cloned from pokemon DNA found @ “project unknown-0”

DNA believed from legendary pokemon “Mew”

Cloning project begun 5\19\2087, supplementary to completion of orbital outpost.

Subject to be programmed for 100% loyalty to Giovanni.

Progress: 96 %: NEARLY COMPLETE.

The seeker flew overhead, and for all the knowledge and ability it held, it was not sure about this now. It now realized it should have made itself surer of exactly where its quarry was. It had followed the signal of the one that it sought, but know it had turned hard to tell where it was specifically. It knew if it got any closer, its presence might be accidentally revealed to ones that it may not want to alert. True, most of them would be asleep, or should be, at least, but it was still better to not take chances. It would have to think of some solution…

…and it didn’t take even two seconds for one to be found. With a single thought and nod of the head, the minds of those all around were clouded. Nobody would notice it now, even if it were 2 feet in front of him or her. Now to narrow down its search.

It flew down low, scanning each dwelling it passed for the presence of the one it was seeking. How could one specific lifesign be so hard to find? Finally, it found the modest dwelling in which it’s quarry resided. Now to find the one he sought. He scanned for the minds of the dwelling’s residents, trying to tell where they all were. Having found 5 human presences altogether, it looked at each individually.

It teleported to the first, a young human girl, asleep contently in her bed with an Igglybuff sleeping beside her. Not who it was looking for.

He teleported into the next room. On the floor was a young boy, sleeping on the floor beside a Wailord-shape bed, which it seemed he had fallen off of in his sleep. A Pichu slept curled up on his pillow. 15 years ago, the one it was seeking would have looked nearly exactly like this boy, was it not for his hair being the exact opposite color. Closer than the last, but still not who it was searching for. With its mind, it moved the boy back up onto his bed and put the Pichu on top of him.

He teleported to the room where the last 3 waited, but it was puzzled when he only saw one being. A familiar, red-haired human woman in the bed, asleep. He focused harder, though, and then it smiled, knowing well what it meant when two of the lifesigns actually seemed to originate from her. However, this implied that the third in this room must be the one it was searching for, but of course, that was the only one not visible.

Suddenly, it was startled by a noise that sounded like the groans of a dying Weezing. It traced the sounds to the far side of the room, and laying there on the floor, out of view from where it had teleported into the room lay the one it sought, asleep and smiling while he snored. Loudly. The seeker smiled at the grown, but still juvenile, T-shirt and boxers-clad figure.

So...It thought. Ashura Ketchum has indeed not changed much in the last 15 years...

Ash was in his happy place.

He frolicked with Pikachu, through a sun-warmed field filled with trees and flowers, friendly legendary pokemon, and 500 bikini-wearing clones of Misty. Just as he stopped skipping through a patch of daisies to shake hands with Rayquaza, he heard an odd but familiar voice sound behind him.

"You have quite interesting dreams, Ashura."

Ash turned around. "Hey, sorry, Lugia, but nobody calls me 'Ashura' but my mom..." Then he stopped and squinted, asked a Misty clone to please step aside, and then began to study this mysterious new figure. After about two minutes of silent examination, he finally announced a conclusion to his puzzled contemplation.

"You're not Lugia, are you?"

"...No..."

"...Are you strong?"

"Um...yes, very..."

One of the Misty clones, after hearing this, cooed at the figure and tried to take its arm.

"HEY!" Ash yelled.

The figure waved a finger and the clone disappeared.

Ash, looking more clueless than ever, could do nothing else but warn it not to even think about poofing away the other 499.

The figure sighed. "Perhaps..." it said, "We should go elsewhere."

It waved its arm, and everything but it and Ash waved away into nonexistence. Pikachu, the field, flowers, Ho-oh, all disappeared, and Ash winced as all the Misty clones poofed away, one by one. He somehow knew he'd have to eat a LOT of pizza to make them all return to him. Then, the thought of pizza made one appear in front of him. "Mmm... stuffed-crust..." he said as his mouth watered with dream-drool, but the pizza faded away even as he reached out for it.

He looked around for the cheesy wonder, but he saw nothing. Only he and the mystery figure were present, both surrounded by a bright white nullity.

"Hey...' Ash scolded. "I said 'NO POOFING'!"

"I'm sorry," It said, "but it was necessary. We have very important things to discuss."

"I want pizza!!!"

"Maybe... I should just wake you up."

Misty blinked a couple times and glanced over at the clock. It was 2:47 AM. The spot in the bed beside her was empty. She thought that she had heard a door shut in the house somewhere.

Half asleep, she shrugged it off. Ash had probably gotten up to hit the bathroom. He’d be back in a minute.

10 minutes later, Ash hadn’t come back to bed.

“Ash?” Misty called out. “Ash, are you there?”

She sat up, turned on the bedside light, and looked around. Throughout Ash and Misty’s over 10 years of fighting Team Rocket and the like, they and their friends had made quite a few enemies all throughout the pokemon world. If someone had crossed the line into their private lives, come to their home, and done something to Ash…or to their children, even…

Misty shook her head. She was being paranoid. But still, better safe than sorry.

Misty jumped up and walked over to the pillow basket where Togetic, her winged pokemon friend slept contently. If someone was in the house, Togetic would be able to fight the invader off.

“Togetic,” She said softly, nudging it. “Wake up, Togetic.”

Togetic woke up from its slumber, and looked up at its friend.

“Tookie!”

“Shhh…”Misty whispered. “Stay quiet. I think something might have happened to Ash. We’ve got to look around quietly.”

Just then, Misty noticed something else. The bedside basket where Pikachu, Ash’s oldest and most trusted pokemon companion always slept was empty. And there was still a depression in the pillow; meaning Pikachu was still there but a little while ago. This just kept getting weirder and weirder.

Slowly and carefully, Misty and Togetic walked and, or, fluttered, down the steps and into the kitchen, where the light was still on. There wasn’t anything anywhere in the house that made it look like Ash was kidnapped or anything. It seemed as though he and Pikachu had just quietly left the house. But Ash’s job at the Pokemon League doesn’t even start until 7. What could the reason possibly be…?

Then, something caught Misty’s eye. A small sticky-note lay on the kitchen table. Misty picked it up and read what was obviously Ash’s handwriting.

“Misty,
Have gone to Celadon to help out an old friend with something very important. I don’t know when I’ll be back, so don’t hold dinner waiting for me.
With love, Ash.”

Well, there's chapter one. Whatcha think? Chapter two, coming soon!

GSAce789
1st July 2003, 09:56 PM
Here you loyal readers(all 31 of you) go! Chapter 2!
By the way, didja catch in the last chapter what Mewtwo observed about Misty? A "Yesbel Prize" to the first to tell me( What excactly that is, I will explain someday, perhaps). And also, the (mostly) ficticious rap group "The Psycho Ninjas," and their hit single, "Rabid Leprechauns," are figaments(did I spell that right?) of my imagination. Just saying that now. But I encourage anyone who's actually bothering to read this to use them in their fics. Spread the Psychotic Kung-Fu throughout the world!!!

Pokemon: Final Encounter
Chapter 2-

So far today, it had been business as usual for Team Rocket Chief Bruce. Check in to the base at seven, start off by bossing around a few grunts, then abuse some pokemon, and file some paperwork. Now he had to go and oversee the shipment of a bunch of new TM's and Pokemon, all headed for the Game Corner that was a front for the base.
He began walking from his small office, towards the back elevator shipment area, hoping he'd manage to get himself one of the incoming Porygons somehow. His thoughts were interrupted, however, when a screeching alarm went off in the halls.

"Alert! Alert! Intruder! Intruder in shipment room! Alert!"

Bruce, realizing that he was close to the shipment room, began to run toward the announced source of the infringement. He reached the double door to the room, and charged through, knocking both doors aside. Whoever was in here, Bruce would be able to handle him. He was one of the strongest members in the whole city, after all, probably one of the top five under the boss himself. Although he hoped it would be at least a bit of a challenge. He should have been careful what he hoped for.
The room was filled with smoke at the far end, where the intruder had apparently blasted his way in somehow. Bruce strained his vision to see through. There were two people. Well, at least one looked human, anyway…
The two figures suddenly seemed to notice him. The human-looking one made a sort of “I’ll-handle-this” gesture to the other one, then walked toward him.
The human stepped out of the smoke, and began walking over to confront Bruce. Bruce smiled a devious smile, and laughed inside his head, wondering if he was really seeing what he thought he was seeing. It was a guy, no more than in his low thirties, and although he did look strong, he was puny compared to Bruce. He was wearing a brown leather jacket, and his black hair was swaying all over. And the pokemon on his shoulder…he had to be kidding…
“A pikachu, eh, hotshot?” Bruce grinned. He wouldn’t even have to use his pokemon for this idiot. He cocked his right fist up behind his shoulder. “Your little break-in is over.” His fist flew towards the guy, a blow that would break a normal person’s jaw.
But this was no normal person.
The man effortlessly knocked his whole arm aside before it even got close to his face. Bruce tried to turn this unexpected movement into a roundhouse, but he found his arm somehow immobilized, held at his side by some unseen force. A little less confident now, Bruce tried to use his other arm, but it was stuck at his side. Frightened, and beginning to sweat, Bruce looked beyond the little guy at the other, unidentifiable figure. It was glowing, it’s mysterious eyes radiating above all else.
Bruce looked down at the guy, who was now grinning.
“Hey, pal, listen… maybe we can just…”
The last thing Bruce saw was the guy’s fist moving toward him at lightning-fast speed.

__________________________________________________ _____________

(BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP)

“Good morning, Pallet!! I’m Jammin’ Joe, and you’re listening to WPLT, Pallet City’s Best of today’s music! Let’s kick off this morning’s lineup with ‘Rabid Leprechauns’ by The Psycho Nin-*”(click)
“Ugh…that has to be the dumbest song in the universe…”

Ryan sat up in bed. Groaning, he looked around, pushed his bleached, and right now, quite messy hair off his face, blinked a couple times, and, still half-asleep, wondered what pokemon center he was in. Then, grasping that he had just turned his clock radio off, he realized that he was in his room, back in Pallet City. He smiled. It was good to be back home, even if it was only for a couple-day visit. He heard footsteps downstairs, and out in the hallway behind his door. That means at least mom, and his tomboyish sister, Crystal, were up. Dad was probably still asleep.

Great, Crystal would get the last of the Super-Frosted Crunchy Flakes, their favorite, and Ryan would get stuck with that babyish space cereal, whatever it was called, that Mom always bought only because Dad liked it.

But for the moment, that wasn’t his worst problem. No, there was an even more sinister and immediate threat that would need to be dealt with…

…Pichu, Ryan's first and most befriended pokemon (Why? I don't even know yet. I'll do an origin story one of these days. I guess cuz he's Ash's son, he HAD to get some member of the Pikachu family...), was sleeping on Ryan’s legs again. And whenever Ryan tried to move Pichu off of his legs, he would get thundershocked.

Ryan and Crystal had planned on spending their visiting day out and about with mom and dad. But Ryan wasn’t going anywhere if he waited all morning for his playful-pre-pikachu-pokemon pal to wake up on it’s own. He knew what he had to do. It wouldn’t be pleasant, but it must be done. Slowly, and carefully, He reached down to where Pichu lay slumbering contently…

BRRRZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!

Crystal leaped down the stairs, 3 at a time, and then pranced into the kitchen.
“Tooky!” Togetic was the first to see her, and shot over to give her a hug. Then, it fluttered back to get mom's attention.
“Good morning, honey,” Misty said, turning to her daughter. “How’d you sleep?”
“More than okay.” Crystal said as she sat down at the table and poured a bowl of Super-Frosted Crunchy Flakes. “Long time since I’ve slept in a real stinking bed. Although sleeping in forests and pokemon centers does grow on you after a while.”
Misty turned around. “Oh, I know that for sure.”

10 minutes later, Ryan trudged downstairs. Pichu followed closely and innocently behind, putting on the usual cutesy little baby pokemon act. Ryan was looking and smelling slightly crispy, with all his hair spikey and with most of it pointing straight up.
“…Good morning…” He mumbled, then sat down, immediately poured a bowl of “Galactic Marshmallow Adventure” cereal, and started eating.
His sister and mother stared at him for a minute before the latter spoke up.
“Been playing Dragonball Z with Pichu again, honey?”
“NO I HAVEN’T.”
Ryan smacked his hair around to get it back down. Misty smiled, and then turned back to her work.
“Hey Ryan?” Crystal said, sitting down next to him. “I think something’s wrong.”
“Rudderra rreen?” (Ryan’s mouth was full of marshmallow Spaceships)
“Well,” Crystal said, “for one, mom’s been going around looking kind of worried. And, Dad wasn’t here this morning. Maybe he decided to go to the pokemon league today, even though I don’t know why he would, but that doesn’t explain how worried Mom’s been…Ryan, Dad’s made a lot of enemies! What if someone came to our house last night and…Ryan? Ryan?”
“Rhuh? Rhut?”
“Ryan? Crystal?”
“Urk!” At the surprise of his mother suddenly and unexpectedly speaking, Ryan started choking on an asteroid crispy-crunchy.
“Kids,” Misty said, “I’ve got a big favor to ask you………Ryan?”
“Hack…Wheeze……………I’m okay…what?”
“Ryan, Crystal, I don’t think either of you knew, but your dad wasn’t here this morning.”
“So what’s the problem?” Crystal said. “He’s usually at the pokemon league by, like, around 6, right?”
“(Cough, cough), yeah, so what’s wrong?” Ryan asked.
“Except he wasn’t planning on going in today, and even if he was, this time he wasn’t here even at 2:45.”
“What?” Crystal exclaimedd.

"..........A.M.?" Ryan asked.
Big, blue, anime sweatdrops were everywhere.

"...Yes....“ Misty said. "At around 2:45 this morning, I woke up, and he wasn’t here. All that I found was this note he left.”
At that, she handed the note she had found to Ryan. Ryan read the very same note from the previous chapter. And if you didn’t know what it said, then go back and finish reading the previous chapter. And if you didn’t, then what the heck are you doing skipping chapters? I didn’t work hard on this thing just to have you inconsiderate people go ahead and just…*

“Wow.” Crystal said. “He was gone that early, too. It must be pretty serious…”
“What should we do?” Ryan asked.
“Well,” Misty said. “He said he went to Celadon, so, I want you to go there and see if you can find any trace of him.”
“Alright, Celadon city!” Crystal said. “I haven’t been there since… oh, yeah, we were just there last month…”
“Okay!” Ryan shot up, pushing his chair aside, freaking out Togetic. “ Let’s get going!”

“ …Um, Mom, we need sixteen bucks for a pair of 2-way tickets…”

__________________________________________________ ______________

3 hours later…

“I love Celadon city!” Crystal squealed with glee, staring up and around at the scenery and skyline around them. “The towers, the parks, the stores…”
“Pichaa!” Replied Pichu, who had been on Ryan’s shoulder since they had gotten on the train.
“…Um…yeah...” said Ryan, quite ruining the joy of the moment, although he had always liked skyscrapers himself. “Come on, we’ve got something to do.”
Just then, 3 police cars turned the corner behind them, and drove away towards the southeast side of downtown, where Ryan’s map said the infamous Game Corner was located.
The twins looked at each other. Ryan raised an eyebrow.
“I think we know where to look first.”
-------------------------------------

20 minutes and two stubborn cabbies later, the two finally arrived at a scene surrounded by police cars. According once again to Ryan’s map, whatever had happened had happened right in front of the Casino stock, the building right next door to the game corner, which housed all the lovely merchandise that the gamblers could, but probably almost never did, win as gambling prizes.
“Wow,” Ryan said under his breath as he walked over to one of the police officers. “Um, excuse me, what happened?”
The officer turned around. “Well, without going in to detail,” She said. “ It turns out that the Casino was hiding a Team Rocket base.” She looked at the building. “They’ve been shipping over poached pokemon here as prizes.” She turned to the twins. “Fortunately, he came and exposed them.”
“Who did?”
“Ash Ketchum, pokemon master and crimefighter.”
“Pi-chu!”
“Alright!” Ryan turned to Crystal. “He was here.”
“What’s that supposed to mean?” The officer asked.
“Ash Ketchum is our dad,” Ryan said, gesturing towards Crystal. “He wasn’t home at 2:30 this morning, and all he left was a note saying he’d come here to Celadon to help an ‘old friend’.”
“Well, that’s weird.” The policewoman said. “He’s long gone. He has been since over an hour ago, now. However, I might be able to help. Come on, follow me.”
She led them inside the battle-ravaged building, and brought them to a wall scarred by the conflict against Team Rocket. She turned to a section of the wall, and pointed to what seemed to be a huge burn mark on the wall
“Look at these marks on the wall,” she said. “Our forensic scientists tell us that these burn marks could only be made by the energy attacks of a Psychic pokemon. An extremely powerful one.”
“Hmm…” Ryan stood up.
“What?”
“I don’t think dad uses or has any psychic pokemon, especially big, powerful ones.” Crystal put in.
“Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Weird. Umm…is there anything else strange around here?”
“Besides the same types of burn marks all over the place, no.” The officer replied.
“Well, thank you for your help,” Ryan said, starting to walk away. “C’mon Crystal, we’ve got to go tell mom what we found out.”

GeneChildMewtwo
2nd July 2003, 09:03 PM
So, Ash became a crime fighter? Well, he did save the world numerous times. But it seems that now he's almost super-human... Although having this sort of Superhero-teamup-esque thing going on with Ash and his mysterious partner (Whose identity I'm pretty sure I know, but I won't say as to not spoil things. ^_^) is pretty fun to read. I'm not sure how Ash became so strong however... I could understand his Pokemon being pretty powerful, but I never expected him to be taking out Rockets with his fists. But, it's not completely out of character... He did try to punch Mewtwo that one time in the first movie, (And I think James in one of the earlier episodes too.) so Ash probably doesn't mind a little physical confrontation.

Also, there's a lot of directions you can take with Ash's children, and I'm interested in seeing what they do.

Well, I hope you continue this story.
Keep it up! :wave:

GSAce789
4th July 2003, 12:47 PM
But it seems that now he's almost super-human...
Well, not quite. But, after tossing pokeballs around for 20 years, you won't exactly be tiny. Plus, I've made him have more skill than raw strength. Note that he knocked Bruce's fist aside. He didn't block it dead with his palm, like you see 'em doing in Dragonball Z. Think of him more like a really skilled secret agent.

his mysterious partner (Whose identity I'm pretty sure I know, but I won't say as to not spoil things.

Well, I'm not saying yet that it's ******, but I'm trying to make it seem obvious to a certain degree. Still don't tell anyone, though.

Also, there's a lot of directions you can take with Ash's children, and I'm interested in seeing what they do.

Actually, Ryan and Crystal, the twin offspring of Ash and Misty, but not the only ones for long, ARE the main characters, and I've got a lot decided on their personalities,pokemon, etc... but how to get that out, and work it into this story, I'll have to work on as I go. There's a few more original characters that I'll try to work in, too(including one based on a minuscule but constantly-reappearing character from all three series of the games. Another Yesbel offered for anyone who can guess what character that is. Anything to get people to post replies...).

Well, I am currently plagued by the worst case of writer's block ever experienced in the history of the universe, but I'll be working on this, and hopefully have chapters 3 and 4 forthcoming pretty soon.

Shadowed Mewtwo
7th July 2003, 04:54 PM
Meh, writer's block is evil... But this story ain't! :D Thanks to your ~*~Fanfic Summary~*~ *gazes at the pretty sparkles for a moment* I found out that this fic was a Mewtwo fic! I myself am one of the biggest Mewtwo fans alive... And with Mewtwo related fics diminishing... I just HAD to read this!

It's good! A little unorthadoxed(spl?) than most fics I read with all those little comments from the writer, but that actually makes it very amusing. I also approve of how Ash is skilled, fighting Team Rocket, friends with Mewtwo, etc., and all other parts of this plot's setting. This fic is very promising, so I'm gunna keep an eye on it! And try to fight that writer's block! ;)