PDA

View Full Version : "Only For" GameCube

absolutotodile
29th June 2003, 10:49 PM
It is currently my ambition to purchase all the games that are exclusive to GameCube. I would try for all the games available on the GC but that could get expensive. Anyways It would help to have a list of the games that fall under the "Only for" GC category...if anyone knows a website could they PM the link to me or simply copy and paste the info here? That would be great thanks. Oh and if it is any difference to anyone I already have
Metroid Prime, Zelda WW, SSBM, Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Star Wars Rogue Leader (is this GC exclusive? coz I haven't seen it on any other console but my copy doesn't have a triangle thingy with "Only For" in it). I also have Burnout but obviously that ain't GC exclusive. Thanks for any help.

ILikePokemonP
30th June 2003, 05:40 AM
I was under the impression that Rouge Leader was exclusive but mine also has no triangle. Maybe because it's not assembled here (mine's assembled in Germany for some weird reason) and it was in shops about a week before it was meant to because gamecube wasn't out yet.

Adz44
30th June 2003, 08:10 AM
I can add Eternal Darkness, Sonic Mega Collection, Starfox Adventures, Luigi's Mansion, NBA Courtside 2002 (correct me if I'm wrong), that Mickey Mouse game (something to do with a mirror, I think) and Wario World to that list. There is definitely more. I'll add more to the list once I can think of some.

Kojiro
30th June 2003, 08:14 AM
Megaman Network Transmission,Sonic DX directors cut,Monkey Ball 2,SKies of Arcadia ledgends,Zelda,MEtroid,

Thy
30th June 2003, 09:26 AM
The ones I know of are:

Luigi
Star Wars: RS2
Pikmin
Animal Crossing
SSB
Eternal Darkness
Starfox
Metroid
Mario
Super Monkey Ball
" " " 2
Zelda
Sonic DX
Sonic A2L Battle
Mickey
Skies of Arcadia
Megaman

Those are the ones that I know of. I don't play the sports ones though. Although a lot of them are EA and they do multiconsole.

woz
30th June 2003, 09:40 AM
i note some of the games you listed are just direct ports of older games...(sonic adventure dx, skies of arcadia - yes this has some new features but still in principal it is the same game)...

PNT510
2nd July 2003, 05:00 AM
The Resident Evil Remake and RE Zero.

Adz44
2nd July 2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by PNT510
The Resident Evil Remake and RE Zero.

I'm not really sure about RE Zero, but I know for a fact that RE for the GC doesn't have the 'Only for' mark. I think it's because the original is available for the PS, PC and DC. That's the only reason I can think of. If that's the case, I believe it should be classed as a different game and bear the 'Only for' mark. There's enough changes to call it one.

However, if the mark doesn't matter to you 'Totodile, both of these games are definitely GameCube exclusives. No doubt at all.

Strider
2nd July 2003, 07:56 PM
Don't forget the upcoming F-Zero GX, Viewtful Joe, RE4, Killer 7, P.N. 3, Dead Phoenix, Animal Crossing 2, and FF Crystal Chronicles. ;o

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee and 1080: Avalanche are also GC exclusives..

And then there's also Cubivore, Tube Slider, Lost Kingdom II... and those are all the unamed ones so far I can think of at the moment..

PNT510
3rd July 2003, 01:18 AM
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee was released on XBox a few months after it was out on GC.

absolutotodile
3rd July 2003, 01:39 AM
Thanks for all the help so far...I need lotsa money. Anyways...umm Strider where can I get more info on Viewful Joe, Killer 7, P.N. 3, and Dead Phoenix because I have never heard of them before.

mic_128
3rd July 2003, 02:12 AM
Try these.
http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=750044
http://www.capcom.com/e32003/pn03/index.html

http://www.capcom.com/rotate/vj.gif

I couldn't find any on Killer7 or Dead phoneax though.

Strider
3rd July 2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by PNT510
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee was released on XBox a few months after it was out on GC.

It was? Oh well, thanks for the correction there. :wave:

As for info on those games, it can be found at planetgamecube.com, and as well as the links provided in the above post.

And oh yeah, Ikaruga is another GC exclusive to add to the list. :yes:

Adz44
4th July 2003, 10:21 AM
No, Ikaruga also appeared on the Dreamcast. They've just done a few changes. I don't know what those changes are, though (probably graphical). I watched 'Cybernet' last night (well, the very early hours of the morning lol) and they said that it is a conversion of the Dreamcast game. It was only then I remembered when it first appeared.

Strider
4th July 2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Adz44
No, Ikaruga also appeared on the Dreamcast. They've just done a few changes. I don't know what those changes are, though (probably graphical). I watched 'Cybernet' last night (well, the very early hours of the morning lol) and they said that it is a conversion of the Dreamcast game. It was only then I remembered when it first appeared.

Oh, that's right.. forgot about that. But, it still is a GC exclusive port no?

It has the 'Only For' lablel on the corner too, last I saw.. heh.

woz
4th July 2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Strider
It has the 'Only For' lablel on the corner too, last I saw.. heh.

that's due to the fact ikaruga wasn't officially released in north america for dreamcast...most people just downloaded it because it could be compressed to 17mb with winrar along with the fact everyone seemed to love it...good game it is as well.

Kokomo
4th July 2003, 04:36 PM
that's due to the fact ikaruga wasn't officially released in north america for dreamcast...most people just downloaded it because it could be compressed to 17mb with winrar along with the fact everyone seemed to love it...good game it is as well.

It is a great game. Now that I'm out of school I have time to seriously play it and work on my skills. (Which have a lot of room for improvement)

Ashio the Kitsune
13th July 2003, 12:51 PM
I can add one more to the list...
:P (can't beleive no one came up with this one...
Super Smash Bros. Melee

mic_128
13th July 2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Thy
The ones I know of are:

Luigi
Star Wars: RS2
Pikmin
Animal Crossing
SSB
Eternal Darkness
Starfox
Metroid
Mario
Super Monkey Ball
" " " 2
Zelda
Sonic DX
Sonic A2L Battle
Mickey
Skies of Arcadia
Megaman

As you can see it was mentioned.

Ashio the Kitsune
14th July 2003, 08:58 AM
I guess you're right

Ashio the Kitsune
14th July 2003, 08:59 AM
But that says SSB, not SSBM

Mewfour
16th July 2003, 07:04 PM
Move aside, amateur Nintendophiles.

Yo, if you want exclusitivity, here it is:

1. Smash Bros Melee (Who doesn't have this?)
2. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Sleeper hit of 2002!)
3. Metroid Prime (Best. Game. EVAR)
4. Skies of Arcadia Legends (Best. RPG. EVAR)
5. Ikaruga (Reamake) (Oldskool at it's finest)
6. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Cel Shading = Teh Win!1111)
7. Megaman Battle Network Transmission
8. Animal Crossing (So pointless it's addictive!)
9. Darkened Skye
10. Super Mario Sunshine
11. Pikmin
12. Resident Evil (remake) (also called REmake)
13. Resident Evil Zero (yes, it is exclusive)
14. Star Fox Adventures
15. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
16. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time DX/Master Quest

And those are just the ones that are already released. For soon-to-be-released exclusive goodness, here's another list:

1. Viewtiful Joe (Oldskool 2D + Cel Shading= BOOYA!!!)
2. Soul Calibur II (w/ Link)
3. Killer 7 (Mature rated Cel Shading? Damn, that ought to be fine....)
4. Dead Pheonix (Panzer Dragoon spinoff, anyone?)
5. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (No, I don;t care what you PS2 fanboys say, TTS is staying GCN-exclusive)
6. Wrestlemania XIX (No Mercy, come on home!)
7. F-Zero GX (Best. Racer. EVAR)
8. P.N.03 (There are three different reasons why you can buy this game, and I think you know the first two)
9. Mario Kart: Double Dash

And for sometime in the near-future, here's a list of "other" exclusives"

1. Metroid Prime 2
2. Legend of Zelda: Tetra's Trackers
3. Pikmin 2
4. Mario Party 5
5. Too Human (Come on, SK, don't pull a Duke Nukem Forever on us....)
6. Skies of Arcadia 2 (Can an already perfect RPG be even more perfect?)
7. Star Fox Armada (We love you, Namco!)
8. Giest (Okay, it only looks promising so far....)

Huh, that's a load of gaming goodness.... *marks out for F-Zero GX)

RJdude
16th July 2003, 07:47 PM
In the list of future games, you forgot Pokemon Colloseum, Pokemon Channel, and Pokemon Box... I don't know about Box and Channel, but Colloseum is going to be a hit.

Strider
16th July 2003, 09:32 PM
Pokémon Box and Channel don't seem to really be games, from what I've seen.

Box is for storing Pokés from the Gameboy games, and Channel.. you watch Pikachu watch television.

But that's what I've seen earlier.. not sure if there are other features to it.

Phreak
17th July 2003, 02:34 PM
you could try going to ebgames.com, and going to the gamecube section. from there select the console genre and that should list all the games that are just for the gc.

Gengachu
29th July 2003, 09:09 AM
It's not coming out for a while, but Resident Evil 4 is going to be a GCN exclusive.

Musourenka
29th July 2003, 09:27 AM
Resident Evil Zero was released for the N64.... but only in Japan.

Zero is a GC exclusive here, but not in Japan.

Mewfour
29th July 2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Musourenka
Resident Evil Zero was released for the N64.... but only in Japan.

Zero is a GC exclusive here, but not in Japan.

Sorry, but RE0 is a GCN exclusive everywhere. I've checked that ever since it's announcment to its release. Or, to quote Chris Benoit, "Prove me wrong."

Astarin
2nd August 2003, 04:01 PM
Mewfour is right: Resident Evil 0 is exclusive. The game was originally planned as an N64 release, but much like Eternal Darkness, it was scrapped and moved to GCN instead.

While we're on the topic, these lists are all missing some low profile, exclusive third party games. The Lost Kingdoms series (I and II) comes to mind; both highly enjoyable games with a very unique battle system, both made just for the Nintendo Gamecube. I'm sure there are more such games. Sega's Beach Spikers was also exclusive, as far as I know. Who can name some more?