PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Dreams (AAML PG-13)

HiTM@N
30th June 2003, 01:16 PM
8) Hello everyone. I posted this in the Shippers Forum so I thought I might as well post it here as well. Please feel free to give your opinions/comments openly, including any critism that you may have. Since I already posted the Prologue + Chapter One on FF.Net, and Bulbagarden, I thought I might as well do it here as well. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own Pokemon. Enough Said.

A/N: This is my 2nd ever piece of fanfiction that I’ve written and posted , the first being a Zoids Romance which is currently underway. I was kind of uncertain about the idea of writing two fic’s at the same time but I decided that this could help me out greatly, inspirationally and imaginatively. Anyways I hope I get some good reviews from this beginning chapter, please feel free to express your opinions openly. Criticism will be appreciated since it would help me improve my writing skills. Enjoy!

If you’re all wondering, the ages of the characters are as follows:

Ash Ketchum - 24

Misty Waterflower - 23

Joy Nursery - 21 (A/N: Hey… you try coming up with a last name for her *_*)

Giselle Van S’Lutz - 23 ^_^

Gary Oak - 25

Richie Peterson – 24

Brock Slate – 26 (Makes his debut in Chapter One)

Prologue

Indigo City was a place unlike any you've seen before. Located along the beautiful coasts of the Kanto region, it was always rush hour no matter what time of day it was. Named after the famed Indigo Pokemon League formerly located near Viridian City, it was now the most populated city in all of Pokemon Island. The idea for the city was originally thought of by the Pokemon League President and was backed up by his league officials without a doubt. Though all sorts of businesses were run through the city, the revenue from League Tournaments kept the city flourishing. Many large corporations also found a new home here, a brand new environment to spread their business by sponsoring league related events, new state of the art stadiums & arenas.

To maintain & control the surge of the population that moved into the city, a special police force was created by recruiting the best officers from each of the other cities in Kanto. Oh yes, the Indigo City Police Department was not something to reckon with, crime rates were taken to an all-time regional low after the elite unit was put into action. The men & women of the dark blue took the maintenance of the law into the highest regard.

In recent weeks though, city harbour officials had reported mysterious shipments of unknown content brought into the docks & had disappeared as fast as they entered. They were all transported during the middle of the night and before the Harbour Master's office had any time to react, the speed boats bringing the dark containers had also escaped back into International Pokemon Island waters thus not allowing the Indigo Coast Guard to follow.

Even after thorough searches led by the ICPD, the results were inconclusive and the situation was escalating because of the news media. Apparently the Indigo City Star, a well-known tabloid, had run press releases that the entire city's security had been breached and the well being of the people was dangling dangerously. Although many officers were reluctant to believe it, a mandatory meeting of the ICPD had been called for its senior staff. The officers themselves arranged for a private discussion before the meeting the next day, to determine their standing on the issue at hand, the mysterious shipments. And this is where our story begins.........

Time: 6:15 pm

It had been a very difficult month for the ICPD, with all the recent attacks on their reputation by the media because of their lack of being able to solve the appropriately named ' Starlight Shipments '. The members of the senior staff sat casually in the lounge waiting for the final member, a Detective Gary Oak to arrive. Sitting on the love seats were two rather lovely ladies, one with bright pink hair tied into two braided loops while the other with her dark silky hair following down to her waist. Across from them on the single seater, a man with rather unruly brown hair rested with his head between his hands, occasionally shifting nervously from all the pressure he had undergone recently. Over at the refreshment table, a beautiful redheaded woman was busy making herself an expresso when the last member came walking into the room with his head held high.

"Well did you find out anything Gary?" asked the pink haired woman, while sitting up in her seat. The redhead walked over and pulled up a chair to listen in. The other brown haired man, Richie, slouched into his chair for a more comfortable position while the raven haired woman known as Giselle crossed & uncrossed her legs for dramatic effect resulting in Gary almost forgetting what he had to say.

"You all know about the meeting scheduled tomorrow regarding those damn shipment cases right?" stated Gary while the others nodded in response and acknowledging for him to continue, "From what my sources are telling me, their giving complete control of this case to the P.I.A, apparently the rumour that's going around is that two of their 'elite' agents are coming to that meeting tomorrow and are going to brief us on their strategy. Personally I think its a waste of time, we're the best that Kanto has to offer, so there is no way I'm gonna let myself be shown up by a bunch of preppie suits! (Police Term for Government Agents) " concluded Gary with a serious look of determination of his face.

" I agree with Gary, I mean why would we need the help of the P.I.A, don't they just handle important stuff like national security? For all we know these shipments could just be a bunch of toys, " responded Giselle while playing with her hair. The rest of the group nodded, a sudden grin came to the face of our current speaker " although I wouldn't mind at all if these P.I.A Officers were extremely cute. " The result you ask? Complete face faults into the ground by everyone except the delighted Sergeant.

" Um.... Giselle, I'm sure you wouldn't mind anything as long as it had something between its legs and breathed…. Wait maybe not the breathing part, " retorted a slightly annoyed redhead after regaining her composure from the sudden fall, she then carried on calmly " but the fact of the matter is that we're getting ourselves taken almost completely out of this case because of what the tabloids have been shoving up the people's Asses. "

" Common guys, our main priority is the safety of the people, if that means letting the higher authorities step in, then I'm perfectly fine with it, the faster they finish this up the faster they can go about their own matters " Richie said quietly from his spot while looking around the room.

The pink haired woman known as Joy nodded. It was rather unique to have her on the ICPD considering her family's heritage in medicine. " Richie has a point everyone, if they were to come in and check it out for themselves, everything would be back to normal before we know it. Plus the P.I.A is only doing this because they lookout for everyone in Kanto, we shouldn't criticize them for doing their jobs."

Still standing from where he was when he entered the room, Gary replied, " I'm still not trusting those idiots, just cause they have special law enforcement privileges doesn't mean they can come in and do whatever they want. We run the law in this city, we serve & protect on a daily basis so I'm not going to take any crap from someone who's trying to tell me how to do my damn job. I'm the best this city has, if anyone's going to figure this out it's going to be me, just you watch! " The confidence the chestnut haired Oak had was rarely found in people, though that was a good thing.

The red haired woman stood up from her seat. " For once, I agree with Oak, although I'll pretend that I didn't hear that last part. No one's going to control Misty Waterflower; no one ever has or will. Now if you all excuse me, I have to get some groceries to start dinner, " she paused, narrowing her eyes at the smirk showing on Gary's face, " don't even think about asking me out Oak, I want to digest my dinner not throw it up. I'll see the rest of you guys in the morning. Chao! " And with that she left the room. The others casually nodded and got up themselves.

The smile was still plastered on Gary's face, "She knows she wants me, an Oak can always tell!" Once more causing a chain effect of face faults before the he walked out himself.

Her life may not have been glamorous but it was definitely peaceful, apart from kicking *** on a daily basis, which she didn't mind at all. Misty walked down the street towards her apartment after picking up some groceries, the sun was setting in the background and she wanted to get home early before that idiotic meeting tomorrow. Her mind wandered back to the reason she accepted that offer to join the ICPD, it was all because of him. She laughed at herself for actually believing that Rudy had actually loved her. The guy was a playboy with charm, why didn't she see that when they first met, instead of getting herself involved with a two-timing jerk. She was a detective, where had all her instincts gone? He was just using her as another accomplishment, to think that he had never even kissed her yet she was convinced that she loved him. Well no need to live in the past, Misty thought as continued to walk down the sidewalk and around the corner suddenly collided into a rather hard ' wall '.

Funny she didn't remember there being any wall there before as she attempted to lift herself up. It was then that she noticed a pair of sneakers right in front of her. Looking up slowly, what she saw blew her mind away, probably the most beautiful set of eyes she had ever seen. A dark yet shiny shade of brown, trusting & mysterious at the same time. The rest of it wasn't too shabby either, not too shabby at all she told herself. ' Wait a minute, why am I admiring this guy's looks when he just ran me down with my groceries spilling everywhere?! '

There standing right in front of him, well on the ground, was the most beautiful looking girl he'd ever laid his eyes upon. Her dark red hair had flown down over her face a bit, making her look even cuter in Ash's opinion. 'Man I really got to be lucky to run into..err...run over something as pretty as that.' His mind was shaken out of its daze and he looked down at the girl who seemed rather annoyed. ' Crap Ketchum, here you are admiring her looks while she's on the ground probably waiting for you to help her up '. Giving his best smile, he bent down to offer his hand for her to get up. " I'm sorry miss, I didn't see where I was going when I turned that corner, I'm really sorry about it though " he said while scratching the back of his head after helping the red haired goddess up.

After the initial effect of the smile wore off, Misty noticed that her hand was still in his. Blushing madly she removed it getting a similar effect from the raven-haired stranger. ' What am I blushing for? He's probably like Rudy, trying to act all innocent while dating you and then going off with other women behind your back. Wait a minute, I'm not even dating this handsome baka to begin with... handsome...did I just say that? ' After seeing an amused look on the man's face, Misty scowled " You better be sorry for knocking me down you idiot, don't you ever look where your going or are you just another pretty face... I mean fool. You just ruined the groceries I just bought for my dinner tonight!!!! " Ash cringed at the volume of the woman's voice, who unconsciously was very close to him.

" Please Miss, I said I was really sorry for bumping into you and I can see that your groceries are ruined, allow me to buy you dinner as a way of repaying you for the one you lost because of my clumsiness " pleaded a panic stricken Ash, he had never ever been yelled at so much in his life, it especially hurt coming from a pretty girl. His polite response seemed to make her even more angrier ' Oh great Ketchum, smooth, you can't even talk to a girl without insulting her..., Pikachu & Brock will never let me hear the end of this '.

Misty stepped right up into his face with fire in her eyes. Ash admired their beautiful shade of blue but remembered this wasn't the time to think about such things. This woman could possibly kill him right then & there. His wide-eyed response to her closeness seemed to encourage her on with her temper tantrum.

"Buy...Me..... Dinner?! Are your trying some sort of cheap pickup line on me cause I don't think its working!!!" Misty screamed once again at the scared man in front of her. ' Although I wouldn't mind if you did ask me out... where the hell are these thoughts coming from... do I have little Giselle’s living in my mind or something? ' Ash took a step back, his eyes looking like he was a deer caught in the headlights.

Stuttering slightly he responded, "N-no of course I'm not asking you out Miss, I just met you, why would I ask you out? That's utterly ridiculous! he...hehhehehe " Once again, the reaction he was expecting was the complete opposite. She blew steam out of her ears, looking ready for the kill.

Misty exploded with more rage, " Oh so I'm not good enough to ask out, is that what your trying to say huh!? " Though inwardly slightly disappointed that he hadn't asked her out. ' Well he may not have asked me out but I'm loving the looking on his face right now '.

The Look: A grown man about to wet his pants from the horror that was the beautiful woman in front of him. But he held back, at least until he got home.

Not knowing what to do he just responded anyway he could, " No of course not! I didn't say that you weren't good enough Miss, in fact your a very attractive young lady, and if I weren't scared out of my wits right now on your next reaction to my bumbling, I would ask you out on the spot.... I mean that's if you would allow me to. " He laughed nervously while scratching the back of his head.

Her response you ask? A look that was redder than the Canadian Flag, and it wasn't from anger this time either.

Regaining her composure, she replied as maturely as she could, "Well I will have to see if I'm available, but my schedules been pretty busy you know, " the man in front of her looked pleased with himself seeing as how all the danger had passed. ' Oh you're thinking highly of yourself eh? Well lets see your reaction to this Pretty Boy ' "but I must have you know that I'm an Indigo City Detective and am hear by charging you with a 911."

She took out a notepad out of her pocket and wrote down the offence, then handed it to him. On the inside, she was rather pleased with his reaction.

Ash blinked. Then blinked once more before responding with a look that clearly said ' you-got-to-be-kidding-me-right? ', "Insulting...an....attractive...officer?!?! " After the initial shock, a sudden thought came to his head. ' I know damn well that there is no such offence in the Police rulebook, what's she trying to pull?! Here I am acting so politely like my mom said I should in front of girls and she's taking advantage of me. Wait a sec....ICPD Detective eh? Interesting.’

Slightly disturbed by his change of emotions from shocked to smug, Misty replied as calmly as she could," Well yes, that's the charge. I expect you to be down at the ICPD headquarters tomorrow to receive punishment for your offence. " Inwardly thinking ' Oh I'm gonna love kissing you to dea...I mean annoying you to death Mister ' before continuing " Now if you'll excuse me I have to get home, but don't try to get out of this, cause I know what you look like and won't hesitate to use my authority to track you down. Chao! " And with that she left walking down the sidewalk towards her condo.

After he was sure she was out of sight Ash smirked to himself before walking toward his hotel, " Its a funny thing Miss, because I was already intending on paying a visit to ICPD headquarters tomorrow anyways. Now that I know your working there Detective, it should be all the more enjoyable."

End Prologue

A/N: Well there you have it, the start to a very interesting story I hope. As I said above, any comments/opinions are warmly welcomed, even if its criticism (Just don’t flame too much though LOL). Until Next Time… Peace Out & Happy Reading.

HiTM@N
30th June 2003, 01:20 PM
8) Hey! Here's Chapter One all ready to be read and hopefully reviewed. If I didn't make it clear with my first post, this is a definate Alternate Universe Fic. Ash & Misty don't know each other from their childhood but Ash & Brock are best friends who do and also work together. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. If I did, I'd be rich.

" " - Speech

' ' - Thought

* * - Sound

FYI: The following are the rank of each of the characters shown in this chapter.

Special Agent. Ashton Ketchum

Det. Misty Waterflower

Sgt. Joy Nursery

Sgt. Giselle Van S'Lutz

Det. Gary Oak

Lt. Richie Peterson

Special Agent Brock Slate

Captain Jenny

Chap1. - 'Nice' To See You Again

The entire senior staff had assembled in the conference room the next morning. All were 'eagerly' waiting for the arrival of the P.I.A (Pokemon Intelligence Agency) officers so that they could be briefed. Misty had chosen to go with a very professional look today, a dark blue business suit with skirt. Her hair flowed down past her shoulders and hung loosely, going well with the silver pin stripes on her suit. Her mind though was not on the task of preparing for the meeting but rather on the encounter she had the previous evening.

' I wonder if I was too hard on him, I mean he was acting very polite & all but I just gave him a hard time. He's not Rudy; I have to get that through my head, though I could just be fooling myself like I did the first time. Yes, he has to be just another arrogant jerk, and I shouldn't let myself think otherwise. But what if I'm wro-- ' Mist was shaken out of her thoughts by the pink haired Sergeant.

"Hey Misty, you ok there? You look a little distracted; well I guess I can't blame you. As a matter of fact I'm kind of nervous about this whole case, its been pretty hectic around here lately" sighed Joy, from her seat beside Misty.

"Oh yeah I'm fine Joy, and don't worry about being nervous. Just take it in stride and you'll be okay for sure. I really want to know what those P.I.A agents plan to do with the handling of this case, cause I really wanted to stay aboard with it." replied the redhead, sitting up a little in her seat. It was then that Captain Jenny walked into the room, followed by a tall tan skinned man in a beige suit. All eyes were on the two people at the head of the table.

"Well staff, I'm pleased to say that our friends over at the P.I.A have arrived and are ready to begin the briefing on the recent Starlight Shipment case. I hope you will all treat them with the utmost respect." She received a snort from Gary Oak, but decided to let it slide and continue, " All the handling of this case will be directly supervised by the P.I.A and any insubordination will not be tolerated at all. Our friends here have been more than generous in allowing us to work with them so I hope that this will work out very nicely and be wrapped up soon. Now if you'll excuse me I'll just hand over the floor to Special Agent Slate without any further adieu, by the way Mr. Slate wasn't there supposed to be another person joining you today?" stated the Captain.

" Why yes there was, he's around here somewhere I'm sure. Oh and please call me Brock my dea... Captain Jenny, I hope we'll have a chance to work 'very' closely on this case." exclaimed Brock, trying to keep his pants from doing the talking instead of his mouth. He had a certain liking to the line of Officer Jenny's throughout Kanto, as well as the always-happy Nurse Joys. It was then that he noticed something or shall I say a certain someone sitting at the table to his left. 'Good Lord, its a Joy! And she's wearing a police uniform! Are my eyes deceiving me or am I actually seeing the traits of my two favourite people moulded into one beautiful being' He blinked. Then blinked again. 'Yup this is definitely not an illusion, she's sitting right there, I wonder if this would a good time to turn on the charm... ' Unfortunately Brock forgot that he was in the middle of a very important meeting and slipped into his own little world.

/Brock's Mind/

" Ok I need some time to strategize over this, cause I can't mess up. I'm still having a hard time believing that I saw a Joy in an officer's uniform...a rather tight fitting one too. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'll have to call in the big guns. Sensei!!! Where are you! " Shouted our squinty eyed friend.

*POOF*

"You raaaaaaaaaaaaang Brock?" chirped a small pint sized man who leaned on his staff while resting on Brock's shoulder. He was dressed in dark clothing that resembled that of a monk from ancient times. His hair was tightly pulled back into a small ponytail and he had gold earrings on each one of his lobes. (A/N: All you Inuyasha fans know whom I'm talking about.)

"Miroku-Sensei, thank goodness your here. I have some great news, I think I found the perfect woman today!" Brock recited to the little representation of his conscious rested on his shoulder.

The little monk's eyes went wide with glee. " You found an eight breasted woman!!! Where is she, tell me now damn it. My god man, have you any idea how happy you've made me " shouted Miroku, jumping up & down.

Brock smiled sheepishly at his mentor. " Oh no, I'm sorry but that’s not what I meant, although I wouldn't blame you for being so excited. Anyways what I meant to say was that I found a Nurse Joy today but get this, she was an officer of the Law. After all those let downs from Nurse Joys & Officer Jenny's, I just might have found a woman who could be different from them" Brock explained, he then continued. " I called you from your perverted duties so that I could get some advice on how to approach this lady. Any suggestions?"

Miroku tapped his chin thoughtfully before answering. " Have you tried a good old fashioned groping? It always works for me when I try to talk to the lovely Sango (A/N: His love interest from the show Inuyasha, she normally bashes him over his head for his perverted ways but still likes him).

" I don't think that would work in this case Sensei, the last time I tried that was when I was in High School. I ended up getting handcuffed by a bunch of Officer Jenny's and thrown into jail. That’s when I decided I wanted to become a man of the law,” reminisced Brock.

" I see this is a rather tricky situation, our charming ways may not work here. May I offer a highly risky move?" suggested Miroku.

Brock nodded vigorously. " Oh yes of course, you know me, Brock " Anything For Love " Slate. Please tell me!"

"Well how about this, I would think you are on some case with her correct?" He received a nod as his answer, then continued, " So be partnered up with her and get this, try talking to her like your not really interested, as if your some cool special agent sort of guy" the perverted mentor explained.

A light bulb went off in Brock's head. " That’s so crazy if just might work Sensei, I knew I could count on you. Thank you so much." If you could take a close look at Brock's eyes, that is if you could find them, you would see a glint of happiness there. (A/N: Poor fool doesn’t realize that he doesn’t need to pretend that he’s an agent… he already is one).

*Mr. Slate, hello? Sir are you there? * A very feminine voice interrupted his thought process.

" Oh crap, I zoned out in the middle of a meeting, well got to go Sensei. Until next time!" And with that Brock phased out.

Miroku held a proud look on his face. " God speed Brock, God speed. My my, the perverseness is strong in that one."

/Back In The Meeting/

Most of the senior staff found it rather disturbing that the P.I.A agent stopped responding and had a goofy expression on his face. Captain Jenny tried once again to bring Brock out of his state of Limbo.

"Mr. Slate, are you alright? Hello anyone in there?" Jenny asked, while waving her hands in front of Brock's face. Deciding that this situation needed a woman's touch, she did the most logical thing she could think of.

*SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

Yep, that did the trick.

Brock rubbed his reddened cheek tenderly. "Oooooooooooow that burns...huh where am I? Oh yeah, sorry about that Captain Jenny, you know how we agents are always thinking" he laughed nervously to try to ease off the looks of annoyance on the ICPD senior staff's faces.

"That’s.... quite alright Mr. Slate but if you wouldn't mind, could we get on with this briefing? I'll take my leave now, Good Day,” announced Jenny; she was starting to question the tanned man's sanity. She then turned and exited out but not before nodding to her superior.

Brock simply waved his hand. " Yes of course, well you see my associate, who still hasn’t arrived yet, and I were sent over to Indigo City because as you know these Starlight Shipments are starting to disturb the public. I would have to agree, wouldn't you? Anyways our job is to work along the ICPD in getting to the bottom of this case,” he explained.

Gary snorted." Tell us something we don't know" He felt pretty good for interrupting.

Brock narrowed his eyes (A/N: Is that possible -_-). " Yes thank you for pointing out the obvious Detective Oak, now if you would kindly let me continue. As I was saying, the P.I.A have reason to believe that these shipments have ties with a series of other imports from various other cities in the Kanto region. " He stated.

" Are you saying that our case isn't the only one of this kind Sir?" asked Richie from his seat next to Giselle. He was having a hard time concentrating since she was wearing a rather revealing blouse, and he didn't think that was a coincidence either.

"That’s right, but the other reported cases were only known to the P.I.A since we were closely monitoring the movements. It’s my guess that they’re all linked to Indigo City somehow, there's no doubt in my mind about that. " Brock replied.

Misty chose to speak up. " If you don't mind me asking sir, how exactly is the investigation going to be spread out? There are seven of us in this room so I assume we're going to be partnered up correct?" she stated.

That glint in Brock's eye returned. ' Oh yes we're going to be partnered up, just me and the lovely Officer Joy, hehehehe '. "Yes your assumption is correct Ms. Waterflower, we will be divided into 3 teams, I find--" He was interrupted once again by a rather smug looking Gary.

" I prefer to work alone 'Sir' " Gary smirked, purposely emphasizing his dislike to authority when he regarded the Special Agent.

Brock raised an eyebrow. " That’s perfectly fine Mr. Oak, but I'll have to make a note of that request. Carrying on, Mr. Peterson and Ms. Van.... S’Lutz???" 'Whoa her name says it all... holy **** I don't think she's wearing a bra! And people think I can't see well.'

" Yes Sir! " Richie & Giselle replied.

Brock acknowledged their respectful attitudes. " I'm putting you two in charge of storytelling, I think both of you will do a fine job at getting us the results we need." The reaction he got from them was rather amusing; they clearly had no idea what he meant by 'storytelling'. So he clarified. " If your wondering what I meant by the term ' storytelling ', it simply means obtaining information or rumours going around the city that we can use. Normally if something big goes down that’s illegal, there is a good chance that someone out there is going to spread the word, or tell a story so to speak. Now I expect you two to get on this immediately. Dismissed"

The two people in question clearly admired his trust in them and looked very determined to do their jobs. They both saluted before quietly making their exit.

Brock continued. " Ms. Nursery, that is you correct? " he asked, pointing to the pink haired Joy or more specifically the girl he wanted to impress. 'Don't look like a puppy wagging his tail happily you idiot ' he reminded himself mentally.

Joy say stood up quickly and saluted. " Y-yes Sir!" she stammered.

" You will be working along side me in checking out local establishments known for criminal activities." That was all he said. ' Good Job Brock, I mean Me. Play it cool'

Joy paled at the thought of walking into some gang related bar or hangout. " Um sir, I'm rather new to the force so I think it might be better if you assigned something important like that to someone with more experience" she spoke timidly, hoping she didn't offend the P.I.A Agent. She really liked her job but was rather inexperienced in big cases.

Brock could see that she was intimidated so he thought he could earn some points with her using this to his advantage. " There's no need to worry about not being good enough Sergeant if that’s what you’re trying to say. I have a good feeling you'll do just fine. " He replied.

" T-Thank you Sir." Joy responded, ducking her head to hide the blush on her face. Inwardly she was rather pleased that the man in front of her thought so highly of her skills. Unlike most people, blushing was very obvious on her face, since her hair was also a shade of pink.

' Score! ' " No problem Ms. Nursery." Brock said.

Misty realizing that she was the only one left, felt a bit alone. She normally worked with Joy on cases but now her usual partner was paired up with the tan skinned man. She also noted how Joy was reacting to him. ' Good for Joy, its about time she took interest in someone, but what about me.' " Um excuse me sir, what am I to do? " she asked hesitantly.

Brock suddenly realized that she was correct, she was the last one left since Gary was working alone and at the moment was leaning back in his chair without a care in the world. " Right Ms. Waterflower, you were to work with Special Agent Ketchum while Mr. Oak over here was to do Free-lance investigating, gathering anything he can. " explained the squinty eyed man.

'Ketchum! **** I didn't know he was working on this case! Damn it, and he's an agent too' Gary obviously didn't expect that his childhood rival to be this far up the ladder. 'Damn him, always one step ahead of me, ever since those blasted Pokemon League Finals. ' " Oh great Ketchum's on the case, just what the world needed." he muttered out loud.

" I'm glad you still remember me Garry. What's up Brock? "

All eyes turned towards the doorway. In walked a darkly dressed man in an all black Italian suit with a shiny black tie. His hair was wild & and hanged down in front of his face. The dark pair of sunglasses added to the mysterious looking appearance. Misty realizing whom this was, gasped.

' Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! It’s HIM. The guy from the other day. God I had no clue that he was a P.I.A Special Agent, stupid stupid Misty ' She scolded herself inwardly. ' Wow looking good there stranger...what am I saying? I basically charged him with an offence that doesn't even exist and I bet he was aware of that based on his reaction yesterday. Look at him…no not in that way baka… I mean he's looking all smug. I'm probably going to get fired for this; well my career was good while it lasted. **** he's looking this way!! Down Para scope! ' Misty lowered gaze down to the table, hoping he would just ignore her.

" Hello Miss, its nice to see you again"

' Why God? Why '

Apparently he had noticed her.

' He's trying to be polite, just like Rudy, I bet its all just an act too. Well I'll have to somehow manage to control myself, and then just resign before giving him the satisfaction of firing me. ' " Hello Sir, its a 'pleasure' to see you too" Misty said, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

Brock apparently noted the way they were looking at each other. ' Good Job Ash! I always knew I taught you well ' " Hey there Ash, I take it you know Ms. Waterflower from somewhere? " he asked, clearly amusing by the glares Misty was sending his friend while Ash was turned towards him.

Ash raised an eyebrow and looked back at Misty. " Yeah I suppose you could say we bumped into each other the previous evening. " he explained. ' Literally ' he added mentally.

Misty blushed again and found the floor rather interesting at the moment.

" Anyways Ash, its good to see you made it on time as usual " stated the sarcastic Brock before continuing. " You'll be working with Ms. Waterflower here and since you're both familiar with each other, I think this pairing will work out just fine (A/N: I think so too ^_~).

Before Ash could make a witty comeback, Gary stood up to face him and intervened. " Just watch yourself Ketchum, that’s my woman your going to be working with, you better not try to get fresh with her! " The jealously in his voice was very clear, he didn't like the way Misty was reacting towards his old rival.

Misty thought differently about Gary's statement. Her anger was rising, but now it was pointed toward the brown haired man. She stood up as well and narrowed her eyes. " Your woman!? Since when was I your woman, Gary? I would have thought you would have gotten that into your ego inflated brain of yours by now! " She hissed, clearly about to make sure Gary never reproduced.

Ash was very intrigued by her temper, one that he was shown first hand the previous evening. 'Damn she's doing it again, what a woman. I can't believe I didn't ask her out yesterday. Stupid Civilian Me. (A/N: In this fic, Ash has a sort of split personality. When he's off duty he's a rather quiet individual but when he's on duty he becomes rather arrogant & doesn't keep things to himself. He's basically more open when he's working.) " Tisk Tisk Garry, shouldn't get a woman so angry like that, now if you would kindly go out and do whatever it is Brock asked you to do, we could get this investigation started. " he smirked at his old 'friend'.

" Just where do you get off telling me what to do Ketchum? " Gary sneered at him, venom in his voice.

Ash's face went very serious. " That’s Sir, when you address me, I expect the proper respect for some of my high position. Do I make myself clear Lt. Oak? If you have any problems with that, then I'll have no trouble reassigning you somewhere else. Understood? " It was more of a statement than a question.

The man’s authority took Misty back. She blushed. ' Whoa, I like a man who takes charge like that…what the… where are these thoughts coming from? ' She reminded herself to see her psychiatrist about these switch of emotions later.

Gary reminded himself that he had a 'job' to do, and getting reassigned wouldn't do him any good. He had a reputation to protect. " Yes Sir, I understand perfectly. Good Day. " He muttered. With a sloppy salute he walked towards the door. " This isn't over Ketchum, not by a long shot." saying to himself, he walked out.

Brock thinking it would be a good idea to give his best friend & the beautiful red haired Detective some 'alone' time, decided he should do the same with the lovely Joy, who had remained quiet for a period of time. " Well Ash, I'll leave you to discuss the case with Ms. Waterflower. Come on Ms. Nursery, let’s get to work." he smiled at Joy. She of course blushed and the nodded. " After you. " Brock offered and she complied by walking out with him, he noted her behind swaying as she moved ‘Very Nice Goods’. Ash & Misty nodded to him before he left.

Realizing they were all alone in a now deserted conference room, they started thinking of something to say.

' Common you idiot, say something to her. You’re killing the mood. ' Ash thought. " Well Ms. Waterflower, why don't we get down to business? I'm sure you know what I'm going to say correct?" he said in a stern voice.

' Yeah I know exactly what your going to say you jerk and I won't give you the chance to use your power to satisfy yourself ' Misty's temper was starting to come out. " Yes I know what your going to say Sir, but before you do I'd like to formally resign! " she said in a cold tone.

" What!?"

End Chapter One

A/N: Well I hope you all enjoyed reading that. I'm trying to make Misty hate Ash at the very beginning and then start to grow to love him as the story progresses. Hopefully adding some very high tension scenes between the two along the way. Brock if you haven't already guessed, will provide comic relief and have his own love angle with Joy. I like his character in the show so I thought I would make him look good in my story and not a total love-sick puppy like the anime has shown, though some of his orginal nature will arise from time to time. Its hard to break old habits LOL. Chapter Two will come out as soon as I can get down to writing it. Don't forget to R & R please. Until Next Time...... Peace.

HiTM@N
1st July 2003, 07:56 AM
Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. If I did, I'd be rich.

A/N: If you don't already know, Ash has a sort of Rurouni Kenshin-type personality. When he isn't working, he's a quiet person who's pretty sensitive for other's feelings. But when he's on duty he becomes a very stern straight-to-the-point Special Agent who has no problems expressing himself. His temper is pretty deadly too if you piss him off enough too. I know your wondering why would I add such a factor into my story? Well it will be explained in detail in a future chapter. Enjoy Chapter Two for the time being though. Have fun because I know I did making this chapter!

" " - Speech

' ' - Thought

* * - Sound

FYI: The following are the rank of each of the characters shown in this chapter.

Special Agent. Ashton Ketchum

Det. Misty Waterflower

Sgt. Joy Nursery

Sgt. Giselle Van S'Lutz

Det. Gary Oak

Lt. Richie Peterson

Special Agent Brock Slate

Captain Jenny

Chap2. - Getting to Understand / Know You

/. Ash's Mind. /

Ok did I just hear her properly? Did she just give me her resignation? Why? Her record's impressive; she works well with her peers...ok maybe not Gary but who could blame her. This woman is starting to confuse me, someone like her doesn't seem to be the type to quit, not without reason that is. Lets see how did this happen again? Oh yeah, I was trying to initiate a conversation with Misty before we left to start our investigation. I think I need to take a closer look at what exactly went on at the time of her unusual announcement. Roll Camera!

*Rewind*

*Rewind*

" Brock's taking a look at Joy's *** while she was walking out! I knew he wouldn't be that polite without a double meaning. Slick Slate, Slick. Wait... Misty's attitude changed a little after this.

*Forward*

Here we are, now lets see what I did wrong, or where it went bad.

][' Common you idiot, say something to her. You’re killing the mood. ' Ash thought. " Well Ms. Waterflower, why don't we get down to business? I'm sure you know what I'm going to say correct?" he said in a stern voice.][

*Slaps Forehead*

I'm such a baka. Me & my damn split personality, I made myself sound a little too uncaring. This is what I get for thinking with my Civilian side and talking with my Professional side while on duty. Man she looked about ready to blow after I said that, but I didn't say it that harshly did I? No that can't be it, she was acting a bit strangely right after I walked into the room when Brock, Joy & Gary were still present. Hmmm what else could I have possibly have done to make her this mad at me, and resign? Ohhhhhhh, it probably has something to do with our little bumping incident yesterday, now all I have to do is deduce what exactly went sour besides a pickup line gone horribly wrong.

*Rewind*

*Rewind*

][After he was sure she was out of sight Ash smirked to himself before walking toward his hotel, " Its a funny thing Miss, because I was already intending on paying a visit to ICPD headquarters tomorrow anyways. Now that I know your working there Detective, it should be all the more enjoyable."][

Heh... Look at me, acting all cool, talking to myself. I'm doing that right now aren't I? Anyways I'll rewind a bit more.

*Rewind*

*Rewind*

Here we are, now lets analyze. (A/N: I found this scene pretty amusing when I first wrote it.)

][Ash blinked. Then blinked once more before responding with a look that clearly said ' you-got-to-be-kidding-me-right? ', "Insulting...an....attractive...officer?!?! " After the initial shock, a sudden thought came to his head. ' I know damn well that there is no such offence in the Police rulebook, what's she trying to pull?! Here I am acting so politely like my mom said I should in front of girls and she's taking advantage of me. Wait a sec....ICPD Detective eh? Interesting.’][

Uh Oh, she must have knew that I knew that she knew there was no such offence listed in the Police rulebook. Oh God...so that’s why she resigned all of a sudden. Misty thought I was going to fire her for breaking police protocol. Well I found it kind of cute, the way she was joking around like that though. It sure freaked me out for a second when I first witnessed her quick wit up close & personal. I guess there's no harm done, but I better let her know that too. I haven't felt this way for a woman in a long time and I'm not blowing it before it even gets started. Misty's different, she seems smart, very beautiful and that temper of her's just makes her more desirable. Getting a rise out of her will be fun. But... before I get anywhere with Misty I have to allow myself to forget what that other woman did to me, God she hurt me pretty badly. Anyways what’s past is past, just have to remind myself that from time to time. My first priority is to get Misty to accept working for the ICPD again.

But I guess I'll have some fun while I'm at it.

^_^

/. Back In The Conference Room. /

"What!?"

"You heard me Ketchum, I said I formally resign from my post as Detective for the ICPD" Misty retorted, feeling good about herself. ' That'll show him ' She thought.

Ash scrunched his face in confusion. " Hey what’s with the whole ' You heard me Ketchum ' comment? Your starting to sound like Gary. And secondly why did you resign like that, no one asked you too " Ash said as calmly as he could. 'Well I know the answer to the second part but why the last name comment ' He inwardly pondered.

Misty simply placed her hands on her hips and tapped her stiletto’s impatiently on the surface of the carpet, as a response to his question. "What do you think ASH?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

' Hey! Now she's calling me by my first name.... though it does sound rather nice coming from her mouth, or specifically those shiny red lips. Hmmm what do I think... ' He raised an eyebrow and looked down at her. ' I think that your legs could run for miles, good god they never seem to end! ' " Well I don’t know MYST, why do you care what I think ne? " ' Score! Now if that’s not flirting, I apparently have been doing it wrong since my teenage years. ' He laughed to himself.

Her annoyed expression softened. 'MYST.... wow...what a cool nickname. I've never been called that before. Hey! He's trying to sweet talk me, well nice try Ash but no cigar ' She flattened that smile before speaking. " Well I'm calling you KETCHUM and ASH because I can. Remember I'm not a Detective anymore, ' Thanks to you and my bumbling of the Law ' She added to herself. "So I can call you whatever I want. And about me resigning, the reason I did that was to stop you fro-- " He didn't allow her to get past that, since he promptly interrupted her little rant.

" Stop me from giving myself the pleasure of firing you for your breaking of police protocol? Was that what you were going to say Ms. Waterflower? " Ash mused. Misty seemed so shocked that he actually read her thoughts that she lost her balance and toppled forward.

Right into Mr. Special Agent's arms.

' Hmmm... She’s very fragile isn't she? ' Ash thought, looking down at the woman in his arms.

' Hey how did I hit a hard wall again...oh wait its not a wall, that’s just his chest...WHAT!? ' Realizing what she was doing, Misty quickly pulled away but not before Ash noticed the pink stain across her cheeks. She straightened herself and tried to regain her composure.

Ash raised an eyebrow. " Running back to your job with open arms Ms. Waterflower?" He smirked; this was very amusing to him. (A/N: Its his more open personality doing the flirting, not his quiet one.)

" Har Har Very Funny Mr. Comedian. Now getting back on track, yes your right about my resignation. I only did it so that you wouldn't have the self gratification of firing me." She drawled, her voice had a hint of sarcasm.

Ash grew serious all of a sudden. " You liked your job correct Ms. Waterflower? " He asked in a no nonsense voice.

" Stop rubbing it in my face you jerk! "

His attitude towards the questions didn't falter. " And you were very good at it correct? I remember reading your record before I came in this morning, I normally do it before I get partnered up with someone." He continued.

' Geeze what’s with the attitude change from arrogant to serious? He must be loving every moment of this; I knew he was like Rudy, except a whole new breed of jerk. What an assh-- ' She deduced inwardly before being interrupted for a second time.

" Ms. Waterflower. "

" What!?" She practically screamed.

"You were never fired in the first place... if you just hadn't jumped to the conclusion that I was going to fire you; you wouldn't have made quite a spectacle of yourself right now." His voice had no mockery or coldness in it, just a very quiet tone.

Her face softened once again as she went over what he just said to her. 'Maybe I was wrong about him all along, he's not like Rudy at all.' She realized she was blushing and quickly ducked her. When she the heat in her cheeks had gone, she composed herself once more before responding. " Y-You mean I'm still a Detective...um.... Sir?" Her voice, a bit shaky from her emotional state.

" Yes that’s correct Ms. Waterflower" Again with the quiet tone.

The next thing Ash knew a rather happy redhead was tightly hugging him. Not that he minded and wanted to stay like this for a while but they had a job to do. " A bit eager to embrace a certain Mr. Ketchum aren't we Mrs Ket.... I mean Ms. Waterflower? " He corrected his mistake, and luckily for him she didn't seem to notice it. But she did notice the humour in his voice, and smiled.

" Sorry about that, I was a bit happy about still having my job... but I still think you’re an arrogant jerk! " She replied in a playful tone. ' Cute Jerk too...ugh again with the crazy thoughts. ' She scolded herself.

" Fine Fine, I guess I deserve that to say the least. Now if you don't mind Ms. Waterflower, we have an investigation to begin. Shall we? " Ash motioned for the door. 'Lets see if Brock's old trick, works for me too eh? '

" Sure " Was her reply and started out the door, with Ash following ' closely ' behind.

He tilted his head a bit; ' Yep, Very nice trick and very nice goods indeed ' before close the door behind him.

/. Underground Police Parking Lot. /

The happy couple exited the elevator and made their way into the ICPD underground level, where most of the squad cars were parked. Thinking they would be using one, Misty continued walking for a bit before she realized that Ash wasn't behind her. Turning around, her eyes grew wide as saucers when a rather nice looking sports car pulled up beside her. It was a brand new Aston Martin DB7 Vantage (A/N: Similar to the Bond car in Die Another Day, if you've seen it) with a metallic candy apple red coat of paint and chrome wheels. What surprised her the most was the person inside...Ash, and he had a rather amused look on his face after seeing her mouth hanging open.

" Well are you going to get in or what? " He asked in an all too familiar stern voice.

" Jerk! " Misty replied before running over to the passenger side and getting in.

Ash adjusted his shades bit before gripping the wheel. " We’re heading to the docks, I want to see the scene of the crime for myself before we make any moves. Lets roll. " He said.

Misty just rolled her eyes for dramatic effect; the car sped up the entrance ramp and turned out of ICPD Headquarters towards to the Harbour.

/. Ponyta Memorial ExpressWay - East Indigo City Bound. /

An almost identical Aston Martin DB7 Vantage made its way along the busy highway towards the city's elusive Rock district. Known for its hardened (A/N: Sorry about the pun) criminals and illegal sale of goods, Brock remembered, was a very good place to start. They were about 10 minutes from the exit ramp and were still very much in the downtown core, zooming past the flow of traffic going their way. Things had been a quiet since they left the station in the Metallic Forest Green sibling of Ash's car, a bit too quiet in Brock's personal opinion. Joy sat looking out the window in passenger seat as Brock switch lanes and cut ahead of slower moving cars, being a P.I.A agent had its privileges since the ICPD knew who this vehicle was registered to. Deciding to break the tension, Brock thought of the most intelligent he could think of at the time.

" So how about them Electabuzz, some people say they'll actually win a game this season! What do you think Sgt. Nursery?" He asked as coolly as possible. Keeping his hormones under control. With this innocent looking beauty beside him was hard enough for Brock, but her silence was getting to him.

" Huh…Oh sorry Sir, I'm not much for sports. Never had much of a build for it. " Joy replied

' Never had much of a build for it!? Good lord woman, have you looked at your self in a mirror lately? ' Brock, once again had an internal battle with what he wanted to say, and what he must say in order to make an impression on the young sergeant. " You look fine to me Sergeant, us officers of the law know a person who keeps in shape when they see them " He replied, as calmly as he could muster.

" Thank you sir!" Joy beamed, then flushed after realizing what he said. Trying to make conversation with the tan skinned man herself, she tried thinking of something to say. ' Maybe something in the news ' She thought.

" Sir, did you happen to watch PNN the other night? They were showing a documentary on a man who was evidently the owner of the JennyorJoy.com website. Apparently he was obsessed with my cousins and the members of the Officer Jenny family. Why I remember when I was around 10 years old (A/N: Brock would have been conveniently 15 ^_^), my family members used to tell me about him, I think he hailed from Pewter City. He was rather tall for his age, tanned with spiky hair...hey he sort of looked like you. Yep he was very cute indeed according to my cousins. You wouldn't happen to know who I'm talking about would you? " She rambled, and then asked. Accidentally overlooking the cute comment, since she didn't mean for that to slip out.

If Brock weren't driving, he would have hit his head on the steering wheel. He was sure that PNN promised to keep his name confidential so that he wouldn't have to resort to sneaking up on unsuspecting Joys. Hold on a damn skippy minute... THEY THOUGHT I WAS CUTE!? WHY AM I ONLY HEARING ABOUT THIS ELEVEN YEARS LATER!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAH.... CRAP I'M THINKING TOO MUCH, QUICK REPLY TO HER BEFORE SHE SUSPECTS SOMETHING! " O-Oh no, I can't say I know who your referring too, thought I did hear he was quite the handsome devil, a Prince among men really! " After receiving a curious look from his current object of interest (Joy), he bailed himself out, " Oh we missed our exit, hold on tight cause I'm going to turn this baby around!!! "

End Chapter Two

A/N: Well I was planning on making Misty hate Ash for a while but had way too much writing this chapter so I didn’t want to go with any negative thoughts. I hope you all found this satisfactory to your liking. I aim to please. Please remember to R & R, it only encourages my mind to get more ideas to use and plan them out nicely. Until Next Time… Peace.