PDA

View Full Version : I challenge ASHarris (Ref: Cyrus)

pokemasterfrank
30th June 2003, 03:12 PM
EDIT2: Someone has informed me that Medallion Challenges must be more then 1 vs 1, so I'll up it to 2 vs 2.
You'll attack first, I'll send out first.
DQ time will be set to 1 week.
The Arena shall be just the regular Indigo Plateau.
Cyrus has agreed to ref the match.
Am I missing anything else?
EDIT: I did forget something -_- This is a Medallion Challenge.

Anyway, I'm going to use my male Gengar, Gengar!

Gengar: *looks around* Me?

Frank: Your the only one on my team named Gengar -_-

Gengar: Oh yeah ^_^;;

Frank: -_-

Yumemiru
30th June 2003, 03:59 PM
Excellent. Few things first though, before we start:

1. I want to use my arena, if that's okay with you
2. 3 on 3 would be ideal, though I can go for a 2 on 2
3. Cyrus, how do you ref Safeguard? The gameboy and anime versions are completely different, so I'm wondering what you do.

Bleh. I guess it's time for me to get that Medallion approved.

Cyrus
30th June 2003, 04:02 PM
I employ the gameboy version, prevents status effects (Anything that drastically alters body chemistry; poison, paralysis and the like)

pokemasterfrank
30th June 2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ASHarris
Excellent. Few things first though, before we start:

1. I want to use my arena, if that's okay with you
2. 3 on 3 would be ideal, though I can go for a 2 on 2
3. Cyrus, how do you ref Safeguard? The gameboy and anime versions are completely different, so I'm wondering what you do.

Bleh. I guess it's time for me to get that Medallion approved.

1. Doesn't really matter :o, though I'd like to see it first ^_^;;

2. I'd prefer 2 vs 2, but if you want it 3 vs 3, its ok too :o In other words, it doesnt' really matter to me :o

Yumemiru
30th June 2003, 04:12 PM
3 on 3, please

Arena: The Theater at Epidauros

"Theatre, Epidaurus, built during the last quarter of the fourth century B.C....The harmony of its cavea, the way it 'sits' in the landscape with the semicircle hollowed out of the side of the hill, and the quality of its acoustics make the Epidaurus theatre one of the great architectural achievements of the fourth century. The circular orchestra provides the link with the stage buildings."

—Henri Stierlin. Comprende l'Architecture universelle. p62.

Click here (http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Theater_at_Epidauros.html) for more information and some pictures.

The arena consists of the stage, the orchestra, and the entire "house" (all of the seats in the stadium).

The whole structure is very old, and only some of it has been restored. Therefore, bits and pieces can collapse or crumble, which could be a problem if you're standing on or under them.

Battles always take place at dusk in this arena.

Does this work for you?

pokemasterfrank
30th June 2003, 04:17 PM
Yep, thats fine with me :o.

Yumemiru
30th June 2003, 05:06 PM
Cool beans.

Warning though: I'm usually pretty calm, but if something happens that I disagree with 110%, I can make Impereon look like an angel.

I'll use Selkie, my female Quagsire. She has a sig, but we won't be using it. So it doesn't matter.

Selkie! First, Safeguard, because Gengars are wicked stat attackers. Then keep him on his toes with an Ancientpower followed by an Earthquake. A big round, I know, but I feel you can manage. We want to make up for your brief vulnerable moment and also see what tricks our clever opponent has planned.

pokemasterfrank
30th June 2003, 10:46 PM
Alright, I know how much Safeguard is a pain, so lets start off with the meanest Mean Look to scare the pants off the Quagsire...well, if it wears pants o_O. Scare that Quagsire so silly that it forget's what move its going to do! Next, lets leave that Quagsire and his Ancientpower on the ground! Fly up high, high above the Quagsire, so the Ancientpower will miss. Then, as you don't have to worry about the Earthquake, use your sig move if Safeguard is not up. If it is, then lets use Shadow Ball.

Mean Look-Fly Up High-Transmorph/Shadow Ball

Transmorph
Once per round, Gengar may create an illusion and trick the opponent into thinking he is an object on the field (if there are rocks, Gengar looks like a rock) and usually is the most common object on the field. Gengar may attack the opponent, but Gengar is able to be seen if he does. This last only three rounds and can be used only three times per battle.

Type: Ghost | Accuracy: N/A | Damage: 0% | Effects: The opponent cannot attack Gengar with focused attacks (attacks that hit only the target), but are able hit Gengar with open attacks (attacks that hit a wide range, not just the target).

Yumemiru
1st July 2003, 01:30 PM
Pants are the enemy.

SneaselReborned
1st July 2003, 04:41 PM
Pants are the enemy.

Are you...always that random?

Cyrus
1st July 2003, 05:03 PM
ASHarris vs. Pokemaster Frank

Round 1:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Total Pokemon: O|O|O
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:
Selkie: Safeguard ~ Ancient Power ~ Earthquake
Gengar: Mean Look ~ Fly Up ~ Transmorph / Shadow ball

Battle:

As dusk approaches at the theatre of Epidaurus, the two trainers release their first warrior. Mere seconds after Selkie begins manifesting a ward, the nameless Gengar traumatizes his adversary. As his face returns to it’s normal form, the Quagsire howls in rage at being denied her ward. Focusing her rage into a single large telekinetic burst, she rips a boulder from the arena to hopefully strike the ghost. Yet as the ghost levitates higher into the air, it is a small matter to phase through the boulder. The boulder lands in the house, inflicting yet further more damage. The Gengar generates a glamour to appear as the most common object within the arena, namely the orange clouds in the sky. Selkie elects not to waste the effort in summoning a seismic disturbance against the floating opponent she concludes is above her.

Post Battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 100% (HP) 90% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 100% (HP) 85% (Energy)

Edit: Fixed name

Yumemiru
1st July 2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
Pokemaster Ash

Pokemaster Ash? :o

I hate pants. What's random about that?

EngiMatikul
1st July 2003, 05:27 PM
XD XD XD XD XD PMA... rotfl...

and what's with you and Pants, ASHarris? o_O I'm glad you're not a boy.

pokemasterfrank
1st July 2003, 08:34 PM
Poke...master...Ash? o_O

Since we're safe in the air, in/above the clouds, lets fortify. Make a small substitute, which will be disguised in teh clouds as well. Then, lets use a Psychic and attack the Quagsire's mind. Then, fire a Shadow Ball at her. :o

Substitute-Psychic-Shadow Ball

Yumemiru
2nd July 2003, 11:26 AM
"Gengar may attack the opponent, but Gengar is able to be seen if he does."

I'm assuming this means Selkie will be able to see Gengar after the Psychic attempt, Sub or no. But I'll cover myself in case I'm wrong.

Double Team. Then after the failure or success of Gengar's telekinesis attempt, if you can see him, Ice Beam twice. If you can't, Dig underground, then Safeguard.

pokemasterfrank
2nd July 2003, 11:52 AM
"Gengar may attack the opponent, but Gengar is able to be seen if he does."

I'm assuming this means Selkie will be able to see Gengar after the Psychic attempt, Sub or no. But I'll cover myself in case I'm wrong.

Double Team. Then after the failure or success of Gengar's telekinesis attempt, if you can see him, Ice Beam twice. If you can't, Dig underground, then Safeguard.

Yay! Anyway, its supposed to be interpreted to be appearing when attacking, but not appearing when not attacking, but the ref can interpret it anyway. :o

Also, since Psychic attacks the mind, I should be able to hit the real Quagsire because there is no mind in the doubles (whoevers fighting me in the toaster arena used this against me :/).

Yumemiru
2nd July 2003, 12:00 PM
Psychic doesn't include auto-Detect in the package. It's generally a form of telekinesis, or just an invisible grip to 'squeeze' the target if you're not attempting to move it. It's entirely possible to attempt to grasp a decoy.

EDIT: There's also another version that describes a possible use of it as being a blast of energy. But if it's that way or telekinesis... still no guarantee of hitting the real opponent.

pokemasterfrank
2nd July 2003, 12:42 PM
Psychic doesn't include auto-Detect in the package. It's generally a form of telekinesis, or just an invisible grip to 'squeeze' the target if you're not attempting to move it. It's entirely possible to attempt to grasp a decoy.

:O I've been cheated then. Oh well...

Cyrus
5th July 2003, 03:30 PM
Round 2:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 100% (HP) 90% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank

Commands:

Selkie: Double Team ~ Ice beam / Dig ~ Ice beam / Safeguard
Gengar: Substitute (Small) ~ Psychic ~ Shadow ball

Battle:

From his vantage point above Selkie, the nameless Gengar sculpts a life like decoy with a minor infusion of his life force. Selkie generates a pair of clones while desperately attempting to locater her opponent above her. With a sweep of his mind, the nameless Gengar lashes out, crushing the head of one of Selkie’s clones. The offensive gesture is sufficient to break the illusion cloaking both the Gengar and his doll, providing Selkie with a target for her frigid ray. Her target however proves to be nothing more than a life like floating replica of the Gengar that shatters under the freezing torrent of energy. As Selkie adjusts her aim for the real floating ghost, a large violet orb strikes her. Her second beam strikes home, numbing the Gengar’s side.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 80% (HP) 75% (Energy) | One clone

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 80% (HP) 70% (Energy)

Yumemiru
6th July 2003, 08:01 PM
Sorry... I've been busy.

I'm assuming I lost the second clone once Gengar was lucky enough to hit the real Selkie.

Flash, Safeguard, then one more Ice Beam.

pokemasterfrank
7th July 2003, 09:33 PM
Alrighty. First, close your eyes to avoid the flash. Then, use a Confuse Ray! Next, use a Swagger, taunt and insult your opponent. Make sure its really loud cause your up high :O. If your too high to Swagger, fire a confuse Ray down there. Anyway, either way, Safeguard takes a while to set up so sneak the attack in there. Then, fire a Shadow Ball at Quagsire after the Ice Beam is fired. Transmorph should protect you from the Ice Beam.

Close Eyes~Swagger/Confuse Ray~Shadow Ball

Cyrus
9th July 2003, 12:03 PM
@ASHarris: Yes, I suppose it did.

Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 80% (HP) 75% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 80% (HP) 70% (Energy)

Commands:

Selkie: Flash ~ Safeguard ~ Ice beam
Gengar: Close Eyes ~ Swagger / Confuse Ray ~ Shadow Ball

Battle:

The nameless Gengar avoids his opponent blindingly brilliant display by closing his eyes, much to his opponent’s chagrin. The nameless Gengar turns his focus on wounding his opponent’s ego, delving into a stream of vulgar gestures and insults. While the blood rage didn’t settle in, Selkie’s finds it impossible to concentrate on summoning her ward. Annoyed that her second attempt to raise a safeguard has failed, she turns on her most successful weapon. Her frigid beam connects with the Gengar’s torso, numbing it. Returning the favor, the Gengar launches another violet orb to detonate on the Quagsire’s torso.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 60% (HP) 60% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 65% (HP) 60% (Energy)

pokemasterfrank
10th July 2003, 08:35 PM
Alrighty. We got one more round of Transmorph so lets use it well.

First, lets fire down a Confuse Ray at Selkie. If she tries to Safeguard, Confuse Ray will make it back first. Then, use a Toxic to have ongoing damage. Then, fade back into the real clouds so your still hidden :o.

Confuse Ray~ Toxic~Fade back into the Real Clouds

Yumemiru
11th July 2003, 10:58 PM
Let's try this one more time, eh?

Double Team, Safeguard, Ice Beam

Cyrus
12th July 2003, 09:18 PM
Round 4:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 60% (HP) 60% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 65% (HP) 60% (Energy)

Commands:

Selkie: Double Team ~ Safeguard ~ Ice Beam
Gengar: Confuse Ray ~ Toxic ~ Fade

Battle:

Attempting to confuse his target, the nameless Gengar releases a single ray of scintillating light. While the ray proves insufficient to damage his opponent’s mind it does leave her in a daze and unable to summon any clones. With a shack of her head Selkie clears away the cobwebs and turns herself to summoning a ward for the third time this match. Yet to her great annoyance, a largish glob of toxic goo strikes her face as the final gestures of the ward are completed. Wiping away the goo, Selkie again launches a single frigid ray to strike her foe. The Gengar turns his back on his foe and focuses solely on reaching the layer of clouds above. As Dusk settles, it becomes increasingly difficult to see.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 57% (HP) 45% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (5% next round)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 50% (HP) 45% (Energy) | Nearing Cloud Layer (100 feet above ground)

Arena Notes: Sun has disappeared behind horizon

Cyrus
21st July 2003, 05:46 PM
ASHarris?

Yumemiru
21st July 2003, 06:57 PM
Sorry.

The effects of Transmorph have faded, right?

Cyrus
21st July 2003, 06:59 PM
The illusion was broken when the Gengar first attacked.

Yumemiru
21st July 2003, 07:13 PM
Nevermind. I knew that.

Well, Selkie, it looks like our options are limited with him out of range and with you running out of time.

Conceal yourself in a Haze then go with a Blizzard or two, if you can manage safely.

Woo, dizzy spell. Whee fun.

pokemasterfrank
22nd July 2003, 02:29 AM
First, use a Psychic on Seikie's mind, disturb its concentration so it can't haze! Then, use Giga drain twice. Also, try to avoid the Blizzards when traveling to use Giga Drain when possible.

Psychic ~ Giga Drain x2

Cyrus
22nd July 2003, 08:27 PM
Round 5:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 57% (HP) 45% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (5% next round)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 50% (HP) 45% (Energy) | Nearing Cloud Layer (100 feet above ground)

Arena Notes: Sun has disappeared behind horizon

Commands:

Selkie: Haze ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard
Gengar: Psychic ~ Gigadrain ~ Gigadrain

Battle:

The cunning Quagsire attempts to mask her appearance by summoning a dense fog. The nameless Gengar finds it difficult to locate his foe within the glittering ground cloud. Unable to mentally poke his opponent’s mind without an exact target, the Gengar elects to conserve his energy. Having generated her defense, Selkie turns to preparing her offense, a frigid storm. Allowing the tender caresses of mother earth to draw him down, the Gengar enters into a free fall for all of four seconds to plunge into the fog. The noise generated by the free fall is enough to alert Selkie to the change in position but insufficient to allow her to target her foe. As both blunder through the fog attempting to locate the other while maintaining their prepared assault, both regret the existence of the dense fog. As Gengar stumbles into the blinded Quagsire, his small hands latch onto her back to draw out as much of her life force as possible. As he attempts to retreat bloated with her life force, he is struck in the back with her blizzard.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 32% (HP) 30% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (10% next round)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 40% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Floating inches above the ground

Arena Notes: Full Moon is becoming visible, fog lasts for another two actions

Yumemiru
23rd July 2003, 07:19 PM
I have no power right now. Please see my post in the Absence Tower.

pokemasterfrank
27th July 2003, 10:11 AM
Now that you know where Selkie is, lets Giga Drain the whole round. If you can, try to dodge any incoming moves while Giga Draining. If not, just keep draining life :o If somehow you are not able to Giga Drain, retreat back into the sky.

Cyrus
5th August 2003, 01:37 PM
bump for ASHarris.

Yumemiru
9th August 2003, 07:51 PM
I'm back.

Double Team, Water Gun, then Blizzard to (hopefully) freeze the moisture.

Cyrus
9th August 2003, 10:11 PM
Round 6:

Pre battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): 32% (HP) 30% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (10% next round)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 40% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Floating inches above the ground

Arena Notes: Full Moon is becoming visible, fog lasts for another two actions

Commands:

Selkie: Double Team ~ Water Gun ~ Blizzard
Gengar: Gigadrain ~ Gigadrain ~ Gigadrain

Battle:

Within the dispersing cloud the desperate ghast attempts to latch onto his foe’s body. But to his great annoyance, he merely connects with one of three fresh illusions within the mist. As Selkie’s burst of water connects with the nameless Gengar’s side, the Gengar manages to latch onto her side, drawing her life blood through her pores to refresh some of the damage dealt to him. As an added benefit, the fog has finally dispersed As Selkie’s illusionary defense shatters around her, she lashes out with a frigid burst of ice and wind. As the Gengar’s form is ripped through by the storm, he again draws forth his adversary’s life force to replenish his own. As the vampiric assault ends, Selkie collapses to the ground, unconscious and Gengar clutches his frozen torso and attempts to return circulation to his side.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Total Pokemon: X|O|O
Current Pokemon: Selkie (Quagsire, F): Unable to battle

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 30% (HP) 25% (Energy) | Floating inches above the ground | Numb torso

Arena Notes: Full Moon is becoming visible, fog has dispersed

Cyrus
19th August 2003, 03:35 PM
ASHarris?

Yumemiru
20th August 2003, 04:50 PM
Sorry. I haven't forgotten about this battle, or anything else for that matter. The first week back to school coincided with tech week rehearsals at Playhouse, so I've been a walking zombie for the past week or so. A busy walking zombie.

Good job Selkie. To follow you I shall choose Rizzo. For those of you who have yet to meet her, Rizzo is my Clefable.

Rizzo, Psybeam away at the weakened Gengar. If he ever gets too close to you (e.g., close enough for a physical encounter), Teleport away. You may also Teleport to avoid anything else that may happen if you feel the need and have time to.

Psybeam/Teleport as necessary

pokemasterfrank
21st August 2003, 12:43 AM
Hmm...lets have some fun...

Lets start off with a Confuse Ray :> Lets trick ol' Clefable into seeing something unnerving. How about creating the illusion that your a...Giant Machamp. Make her scream for her life :> Then, lets Seismic Toss if the Confuse Ray worked. If not, then use Attract. Then, use an attract, unless your opponent is still phased by the Confuse Ray, use Seismic Toss. If you used Attract in the second action and it worked, use a Seismic Toss

Confuse Ray ~ Seismic Toss/Attract ~ Attract/Seismic Toss

Cyrus
21st August 2003, 03:34 PM
Round 7:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 30% (HP) 25% (Energy) | Floating inches above the ground | Numb torso

Arena Notes: Full Moon is becoming visible

Commands:

Rizzo: Teleport ~ Teleport ~ Teleport
Gengar: Confuse Ray ~ Attract ~ Attract

Battle:

The nameless Gengar is pleased to see a second opponent, while a Clefable is a fearsome foe, he is confidant he can at least annoy the second pokemon. Rizzo however is no where near as confident in her own abilities, her master has given her commands that she can’t possibly complete. Her vast pool of techniques doesn’t include such things “Psybeam”. The Gengar’s first technique isn’t anything that will cause physical harm but a ray that alters the target’s state of mine, assuming of course that the beam connects. While unsure of exactly what her trainer expects Rizzo does know that she doesn’t want to be exposed to. Mere heartbeats before the ray would have connected with her head Rizzo blinks out of this plane of existence to reappear twenty feet behind the Gengar.

Rizzo cannot discern any malicious being generated by her opponent, he doesn’t appear to be doing anything but turning red. An attractive color on the Gengar, or at least that is what Rizzo concludes as she continues to inhale the pheromones the ghost is filling the air with. The Gengar slowly floats over to his infatuated foe and grips her tenderly. Or at least that is her impression until she is thrown into the ground.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 80% (HP) 99% (Energy | Lingering attraction to the Gengar | Doubter her trainer

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 30% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Floating inches above the ground | Numb torso |

Arena Notes: Full Moon is visible

pokemasterfrank
21st August 2003, 03:54 PM
Alrighty. Make the cutest face you can with Attract again. Then, lull her into looking into your eyes and use Hypnosis. Then, Rest. If Attract doesn't work, just keep trying :o

Attract ~ Hypnosis/Attract ~ Attract/Hypnosis/Rest

Yumemiru
22nd August 2003, 03:34 PM
#@$%

I meant 'Psywave'. Oh well. So it goes. Things could have been worse.

I'm very sorry about that, Rizzo. Your trainer was sleep deprived and/or just stupid. Please forgive her.

Safeguard until successful. Then do as many Shadow Balls as you're willing to put out. Or, if you like Gengar too much to want to hurt him, Sing to him.

Safeguard (until successful), Shadow Ball/Sing, Shadow Ball/Sing

Cyrus
23rd August 2003, 01:36 PM
Round 8:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 80% (HP) 99% (Energy | Lingering attraction to the Gengar | Doubting her trainer

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 30% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Floating inches above the ground | Numb torso |

Commands:

Rizzo: Safeguard ~ Shadowball ~ Shadowball
Gengar: Attract ~ Hypnosis ~ rest

Battle:

Rizzo turns toward her trainer with a concerned look in her eyes, but she can accept that lack of sleep was what caused the confusion last round. As she nods her acceptance, her gaze turns back to the Gengar. The same Gengar who she suddenly felt attracted to, who then threw her down to the ground; the Gengar who is once again flushed. Rizzo’s sudden attraction again overwhelms her. She is left dumbstruck as the Gengar slowly floats toward her with a mischievous smile plastered across his face. Looking deeply into his love toy’s eyes, the Gengar batters through her shields to force her to sleep. The manipulating Gengar collapses in exhaustion.

Post battle Stats:
ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 80% (HP) 100% (Energy | attraction to the Gengar | Asleep (2 actions)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Gengar (M): 30% (HP) 0% (Energy) | Fainted

Order of posting: Pokemaster Frank sends, ASHarris posts attacks, Pokemaster Frank posts attacks.

pokemasterfrank
27th August 2003, 04:24 PM
Hmm...

Lets fight Fire with Fire...err...yeah...

I choose you, Clefable!

Gengar: That sounded so lame -_-

Frank: Hey! Your supposed to be knocked out :O

Gengar: Oh yeah :o *collapses*

Frank: -_-

Clefable is Female :o

Yumemiru
28th August 2003, 03:23 PM
Snore, Sleep Talk, Double Team.

pokemasterfrank
28th August 2003, 04:30 PM
Alrighty. As long as Clefable is asleep, use Dynamic Punch! If at any time it wakes up, use Submission. At the very last action use Rain Dance to rid us of the clones if Double Team is Succesful.

Dynamic Punch/Submission ~ Dynamic Punch/Submission ~ Dynamic Punch/Submission/Rain Dance

Cyrus
29th August 2003, 06:37 PM
Round 9:

Prebattle Stats:
ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 80% (HP) 100% (Energy | attraction to the Gengar | Asleep (2 actions)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Clefable (F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Rizzo: Snore ~ Sleep Talk ~ Double Team
Clefable: Dynamic Punch/Submission ~ Dynamic Punch/Submission ~ Dynamic Punch/Submission/Rain Dance

Battle:

Rizzo is completely unaware of the fate that befell her exhausted opponent; she also remains blissfully unaware of her new opponent’s glowing fist as it descends toward her torso to leave the slumbering Clefable with a headache. A single rumbling roar is released from the sleeping Rizzo’s maw shacking the other Clefable roughly. Delivering a second blow of similar magnitude too the unconscious Clefable’s body. The Clefable’s only response is to mumble incoherently. A small orb of energy is thrown at the other Clefable’s feet, a minor explosion occurs that forces the Clefable back. Rizzo awakens in a painful daze, but succeeds in summoning a trio of clones to watch as the rain falls to wash them away.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 40% (Damage Caps) (HP) 85% (Energy | Minor confusion

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: a Clefable (F): 87% (HP) 85% (Energy)

Arena Notes: Full Moon obscured behind clouds | Raining (7 actions)

PokemasterFrank's Clefable will be known Moon Baby from this point forward.

pokemasterfrank
29th August 2003, 06:54 PM
Alrighty, Clefable, good job :o Lets use Seismic Toss the whole round, since its uncounterable :o If Rizzo tries to hit you with any Fighting moves (that are not Seismic Toss), use Counter. Hmm...but if the opportunity presents itself, sing. If your opponent does fall asleep, use Dynamic Punch

Seismic Toss/Sing/Counter ~ Seismic Toss/Sing/Counter/Dynamic Punch ~ Seismic Toss/Sing/Counter/Dynamic Punch

Yumemiru
31st August 2003, 07:42 PM
Giving your pokémon numerous substitutions to comprehend can give you a mild to significant speed disadvantage. Assuming the ref takes in the fact that pokémon aren't computers, that is.

As she comes in for the first assault, knock her back with a Mega Punch. She can't Counter anything unless she prepares the Counter ahead of time. Then Teleport directly behind her, or as near to that as you can get, and hit her with a Zap Cannon.

Cyrus
31st August 2003, 08:25 PM
I don’t tend to apply a speed penalty for multiple substitute commands, when I apply a penalty it is to which move occurs.

Round 10:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 40% (Damage Caps) (HP) 85% (Energy | Minor confusion

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 87% (HP) 85% (Energy)

Arena Notes: Full Moon obscured behind clouds | Raining (7 actions)

Commands:

Rizzo: Mega Punch ~ Teleport ~ Zap cannon
Moon Baby: Seismic Toss ~ Seismic Toss ~ Seismic Toss

Battle:

As the now conscious and semi alert Rizzo faces off with her second opponent she prepares to land a single powerful blow against her charging opponent. The grabby Clefable shrugs off the blow to grip her adversary by her torso to spin rapidly in place before throwing her some distance away. Her landing crushes a small portion of the terrain under her. Rizzo slowly levers herself back to her feet as she focuses on a point a few feet behind her foe. Electing to take the opportunity to try her skills at song Moon Baby begins to serenade her relocating foe. To Rizzo’s great disappointment she again collapses to the ground in forced slumber. Moon Baby turns around and again slams her glowing into her slumbering opponent to drive her into oblivion.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Total Pokemon: X|X|O
Current Pokemon: Rizzo (Clefable, F): 0% | Fainted

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 72% (HP) 70% (Energy)

Arena Notes: Full Moon obscured behind clouds | Raining (4 actions)

ASHarris posts pokemon and attacks, then PokemasterFrank posts attacks

pokemasterfrank
7th September 2003, 09:12 PM
Hello! Just here to bump the page. Been a week...yeah :o So... *bumps*

Yumemiru
11th September 2003, 04:16 PM
If a pokémon has to wait and see what the opponent is doing before it is able to react, it obviously takes at least fractional more time. But whatever. Ref's interpretation rules.

Anyway, sorry for the wait... again. I bet you guys think I'm horrid.

I choose Lucca, my Kangaskhan.

Medium Substitute, [/b]Disable,[/b] Zap Cannon.

pokemasterfrank
14th September 2003, 07:04 PM
First, quickly use a Sing before she can use her Substitute. Even if it's up though, as long as she is in the area, she will hear it. Then, use Dynamic Punch. If Sing doesnt' get through use a Protect from the Disable.

Sing ~ Protect/Dynamic Punch ~ Dynamic Punch

Cyrus
16th September 2003, 03:57 PM
Life can always get in the way of what needs to be done.

Round 11:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 72% (HP) 70% (Energy)

Arena Notes: Full Moon obscured behind clouds | Raining (4 actions)

Commands:

Lucca: Substitute ~ Disable ~ Zap Cannon
Moon Baby: Sing ~ protect ~ Dynamic Punch

Battle:

Moon Baby begins to sing heedless of her adversary’s actions begins to sing her opponent a lullaby. The mother ignores the lovely tune to sculpt and animate a body double. As Moon Baby’s song ends, she notes her opponent’s apparent state of consciousness and raises attempts to raise a barrier to ward off her foe’s next attack. Lucca’s attempt to prevent her foe from moving fails moments after the barrier fell. Lucca releases a spark of erratically moving sphere of electricity toward her opponent. The Clefable charges past it while focusing her ki into an aura around her fist. She swings wildly at her opponent, her aim failed her and her paw arcs past the mother’s side.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 90% (HP) 85% (Energy) | 10% Substitute Active

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 72% (HP) 50% (Energy)

Arena Notes: Full Moon obscured behind clouds | Raining (1 actions)

pokemasterfrank
16th September 2003, 08:46 PM
Frank: That Sub is a pesky one...

Gengar: Yeah, Subs are...

Frank: yep :o

Gengar: Hmm...why don't you make a sig that involves pants to scare Amanda :O

Frank: Pants are evil...at least occurding to her...

Gengar: Hmm...do you like pie? And what the crap is that burning smell? o_O

Frank: UGH! My mom burnt something x_o

Gengar: Ewww...I know who's getting take out tonight.

Frank: Wait...aren't we supposed to be planning?

Gengar: Your supposed to be planning -_-

Frank: Oh yeah :O

Gengar: -_-;;

Frank: Anyway, that Doll is annoying, so use a Seismic Toss to smack your current opponent down! Continue until she shatters o_o. Then, if there's time, use a Sing. Also, if there is time after that, use a Dynamic Punch.

Seismic Toss ~ Seismic Toss/Sing ~ Seismic Toss/Sing/Dynamic Punch

Yumemiru
16th September 2003, 10:16 PM
Disable, Dynamic Punch, Toxic.

Cyrus
18th September 2003, 04:46 PM
Round 12:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 90% (HP) 85% (Energy) | 10% Substitute Active

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 72% (HP) 50% (Energy)

Arena Notes: Full Moon obscured behind clouds | Raining (1 actions)

Commands:

Lucca: Disable ~ Dynamic Punch ~ Toxic
Moon Baby: Seismic Toss ~ Seismic Toss/Sing ~ Seismic Toss/Sing/Dynamic Punch

Battle:

Unsure of why her trainer thinks her opponent will shatter after a single blow, Moon Baby charges her foe with her fist again raised high. Midway to her opponent her body stops responding, she is unable to move. Her ability to move returns as the pent up energy fades from her fist and the rain stops. Again she charges her opponent and sings at the doll, but the erratic blow fails to connect. The same fails to hold true for Lucca as her first connects with Moon Baby’s side, forcing the confused Clefable to stumble to regain her footing. She again swings wildly at her opponent, but to her pleasure she connects. Much to her surprise her opponent does shatter under the blow, apparently it was but a doll that her trainer recognized. Lucca spews toxic goo on her opponent for ruining her doll.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 90% (HP) 70% (Energy) |

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 45% (HP) 35% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (4% next round)

Arena Notes: Full Moon partially obscured behind clouds

Yumemiru
25th September 2003, 03:28 PM
Double Team, Thunder, Rock Slide.

pokemasterfrank
26th September 2003, 09:55 PM
Start off with a Psywave to blow away the clones! Then, quickly sing to put the Kangaskhan asleep before it can use Thunder! Finish off with a Dynamic Punch. If the Kangaskhan isn't asleep, use Detect to dodge those Rocks.

Psywave ~ Thunder ~ Dynamic Punch/Detect

pokemasterfrank
28th September 2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
Start off with a Psywave to blow away the clones! Then, quickly sing to put the Kangaskhan asleep before it can use Thunder! Finish off with a Dynamic Punch. If the Kangaskhan isn't asleep, use Detect to dodge those Rocks.

Psywave ~ Thunder ~ Dynamic Punch/Detect

o_O Odd...

Use a Psywave to eradicate the clones. Then, quickly use a Sing to put the Kangaskhan to sleep. If the Sing is successful, use a Dynamic Punch! If not, then use Detect to defend against the rocks.

Psywave ~ Sing ~ Dynamic Punch/Detect

Cyrus
4th October 2003, 08:20 PM
I apologize for the delay in having this up.

Round 13:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 90% (HP) 70% (Energy) |

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 45% (HP) 35% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (4% next round)

Commands:

Lucca: Double Team ~ Thunder ~ Rockslide
Moon Baby: Psywave ~ Sing ~ Dynamic Punch / Detect

Battle:

The onset of the round is marked by Lucca generating a trio of clones, to see two of them swept away by a wave of psychic energy. The proud mother shakes slightly as the wave washes over her, the untouched clone ceases to exist as she reacts. Again Moon Baby attempts to sing her opponent to sleep. While Lucca’s child slumps down in her pouch, she calls forth a bolt of lightning from the sky to silence the pop star. The annoyed mother grabs portions of the crumbling arena to pitch at her annoying singer of a foe. Moon Baby dodges the chunks of rubble with dexterity not normally seen.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 85% (HP) 65% (Energy) |

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 21% (HP) 15% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (8% next round)

pokemasterfrank
5th October 2003, 12:26 AM
Whee...

First, use your sig to summon your armor! Then, use Double Team. Finally, follow up with a Light Screen.

Moonlight Meta Knight ~ Double Team ~ Light Screen

Clefable (F)
Moonlight Meta Knight
In honor of her former owner's s/n's representative thingy, Clefable looks to the sky and lets out a wild call. A giant moon-like light appears in the sky and sends a huge beam of light at Clefable, enveloping her. She gains flaming blue armor and a flaming blue sword (imagine a Clefable in a Meta Knight (boss from the Kirby Games) type armor. The armor protects against all energy/beam/light based attacks (Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, etc.) and certain attacks that require objects (Razor Leaf, leaves are burnt up; etc.). Sword boosts all physical attacks by 3%. Lasts for three actions and can be used once per battle.

Type: Normal | Damage: N/A | Effect: Reduces effectiveness of beam/energy/light based attacks and object oriented attacks by 2%. Increases physical attacks by 3%

Cyrus
5th October 2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
Clefable (F)
Moonlight Meta Knight
In honor of her former owner's s/n's representative thingy, Clefable looks to the sky and lets out a wild call. A giant moon-like light appears in the sky and sends a huge beam of light at Clefable, enveloping her. She gains flaming blue armor and a flaming blue sword (imagine a Clefable in a Meta Knight (boss from the Kirby Games) type armor. The armor protects against all energy/beam/light based attacks (Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Aurora Beam, etc.) and certain attacks that require objects (Razor Leaf, leaves are burnt up; etc.). Sword boosts all physical attacks by 3%. Lasts for three actions and can be used once per battle.

Type: Normal | Damage: N/A | Effect: Reduces effectiveness of beam/energy/light based attacks and object oriented attacks by 2%. Increases physical attacks by 3%

Where is that signature move's accuracy?

pokemasterfrank
5th October 2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Cyrus
Where is that signature move's accuracy?

It was approved like that o_o;; Besides, there wouldn't be "accuracy" if your not targeting someone, I wouldn't think. It's summoning armor o_O

In other words, I don't know ^_^;;;; I have to get it reapproved anyway :/

Yumemiru
5th October 2003, 08:59 PM
No sig move should be ever approved without an accuracy. Whoever approved that made an unacceptable error, and if it's who I think it is, this isn't the first time such a large error has been made.

Repost it in the approval tower now and we'll put an accuracy on it. Just say that I'm allowing you to have it reapproved free of charge... link to here if you want. Once we get an accuracy on it, we can continue this battle. If you want, you can redo your attacks afterwards, too.

And defensive moves can fail, too, for numerous reasons. Accuracy does not just apply to target hitting.

EDIT: Ah, you've already resubmitted them. We'll just wait until Clefable's is approved, okay? You can still change your attacks afterwards if you wish.

Were all of your sigs approved with no accuracies? That's absolutely absurd... I need to look into that. =\ It's not your fault though. But all signature moves have to have some kind of accuracy.

Charizard04621
6th October 2003, 07:03 PM
Eheh... I've got to admit, I let the Tyranitar and Clefable pass several months ago. You can lay off Syberia. ^_^;

pokemasterfrank
7th October 2003, 08:33 PM
Eh...I'll just keep my attacks :/ 90% accuracy for the sig move :o

Yumemiru
10th October 2003, 04:36 PM
Focus Energy, Rock Slide, Earthquake.

Cyrus
12th October 2003, 09:24 PM
Round 14:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 85% (HP) 65% (Energy) |

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 21% (HP) 15% (Energy) | Severely Poisoned (8% next round)

Commands:

Lucca: Focus Energy ~ Rock slide ~ Earthquake
Moon Baby: Moonlight Meta Knight ~ Double Team ~ Light Screen

Battle:

As Lucca focuses herself for the remaining portion of the battle, Moon baby summons a lunar effect to cover her in a suit of fiery armor. A crimson blade of flame appears clutched in her right hand. As Moon baby attempts to generate a pair of similarly clad clones a volley of rubble strikes her. Trembling with due to exhaustion, Moon Baby generates a barrier of light before her in the hopes of warding off an incoming attack. But to her disdain, she is unable to maintain the shield for any period of time. But to her opponent’s joy, she also is unable to remain conscious. As she drops to the ground, Lucca signs, the first of her two opponents have fallen.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 85% (HP) 60% (Energy) |

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Moon Baby (Clefable, F): 0% | Fainted

Ref’s Opinion: As it stands I believe Frank has than three pokemon approved, one of which has just fainted. I believe it is reasonable to suspend the DQ limit until he is able to have the pokemon he intends to use approved. But this is just my opinion.

Yumemiru
13th October 2003, 01:41 PM
That's fine by me. I don't typically DQ people anyway, unless the circumstances are just ridiculous. Like, more ridiculous than the things I do.

pokemasterfrank
25th October 2003, 05:54 PM
I will use Melee, the Female Electabuzz :o

Yumemiru
3rd November 2003, 07:21 PM
Sorry.

Toxic, Earthquake, Double Team.

pokemasterfrank
3rd November 2003, 10:30 PM
Alrighty. First, quickly use a Flash! Blind that Kangaskhan. Then, use a Dynamic Punch while Lucca is without sight. Then, Flash again if Lucca is no longer blinded, or Dynamic Punch if she still is.

Flash~Dynamic Punch~Flash/Dynamic Punch

Cyrus
8th November 2003, 04:20 PM
My apologies for the delay, a large history project, a test and remodeling my house has been eating up most of my time.

Round 15:

Prebattle Stats:
ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 85% (HP) 60% (Energy) |

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Melee (Electabuzz, F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Lucca: Toxic ~ Earthquake ~ Double Team
Melee: Flash ~ Dynamic Punch ~ Dynamic Punch

Battle:

Pokemasterfrank sends out his final combatant, a strong looking Electabuzz, to meet the tiring mother. Intending to get a leg up on her second opponent, Lucca charges her opponent intent on covering her in toxins. But Melee’s suddenly released static charge blinds her. Unable to see, Lucca stumbles on the crumbling remains of the theatre while attempting to move in range. As she recovers, she unleashes her wrath, a single wave of seismic energy ravages the arena and the Electabuzz alike. Unable to perceive the coming blow, Lucca is unprepared for the devastating blow her electric opponent lands. As Lucca’s vision clears, she finds it doesn’t really improve anything, the last blow distorted her perceptions. Stumbling through the motions to summon a pair of false images, Lucca manages to avoid a second mind numbing blow from her opponent.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 55% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Disoriented

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Melee (Electabuzz, F): 70% (HP) 85% (Energy)

pokemasterfrank
10th November 2003, 01:06 AM
Lets use another Flash attack! Then, if Lucca is blinded, use Dynamic Punch! If not, use Psychic to lift Lucca off the ground. If she was blinded and still is blinded, use Dynamic Punch. If not, then flash again.

Flash~Dynamic Punch/Psychic~Dynamic Punch/Flash

Yumemiru
13th November 2003, 03:59 PM
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and Focus your Energy. Then Disable Buzz. End with an Earthquake if you are able.

Focus Energy, Disable, Earthquake

Cyrus
16th November 2003, 08:33 PM
turnRound 16:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 55% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Disoriented

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Melee (Electabuzz, F): 70% (HP) 85% (Energy)

Commands:

Lucca: Focus Energy ~ Disable ~ Earthquake
Melee: Flash ~ Dynamic Punch / Psychic ~ Dynamic Punch / Flash

Battle:

The disoriented mother follows her trainer’s orders with pleasure, a chance to refocus her mind is always pleasant. Following her orders step by step she closes her eyes and shuts out all outside influences; including a rather loud thud as he disoriented body collapses to the ground and a dazzling flash of light. Refocusing her mind and body, Lucca has prepared herself for the remainder of the battle. As she levers herself to her feet, she finds that it wasn’t really necessary as she is lifted into the air. As she freezes her opponent for the time being the force keeping her in the air ceases to be applied. As she again climbs to her feet she lashes out with another seismic disturbance. Melee reels from the blow as she blinds her opponent with a flash of light.

Post battle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 40% (HP) 20% (Energy) | Vision impaired | Focused

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Melee (Electabuzz, F): 40% (HP) 70% (Energy)

Charizard04621
17th November 2003, 04:37 PM
Whoa, one Psychic did 30% damage? O_o

Yumemiru
19th November 2003, 09:41 PM
Keep Earthquaking until you or your opponent falls. Regardless of the outcome, you have done well, Lucca. I'm very proud of you.

pokemasterfrank
20th November 2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
Whoa, one Psychic did 30% damage? O_o

I was confused by that too, but I think the falling down flashing thing was D-Punch :o

Now, if Lucca's vision is still impaired, go for Dynamic Punch! If not, use Flash again!

Dynamic Punch/Flash ~ Dynamic Punch/Flash ~ Dynamic Punch/Flash

Cyrus
20th November 2003, 05:04 PM
Round 17:

Prebattle Stats:

ASHarris:
Current Pokemon: Lucca (Kangaskhan, F): 40% (HP) 20% (Energy) | Vision impaired | Focused

Pokemaster Frank
Current Pokemon: Melee (Electabuzz, F): 40% (HP) 70% (Energy)

Commands:

Lucca: Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake
Melee: Dynamic Punch / Flash ~ Dynamic Punch / Flash ~ Dynamic Punch / Flash

Battle:

Unwilling to let her blindness prevent her from smiting her foe Lucca generates yet another seismic event. Weathering the blow as best as possible Melee again delivers a devastating uppercut to her foe, catching the mother under her chin. Not only does the blow send Lucca sailing onto her back, but shatters her mental clarity. As Lucca fails to lever herself to her feet once again the final blow connects with her back, driving her back to the ground.

Post battle Stats:

I declare pokemasterfrank victor.

pokemasterfrank
21st November 2003, 11:50 PM
Woo...good match :o Very tough. Thanks for the great match, Amanda :o

EDIT: Gonna evolve my Charmander into a Charmeleon :o

Thanks Amanda :o *gets working on Medallion, TM, and such stuffs*

Yumemiru
24th November 2003, 04:27 PM
Congrats.

And for defeating me, you get my Elite Medallion.

Elite Medallion: Ragnarök Medallion

Made of the purest bloodstone, this medallion features an intricately carved profile of a monstrous wolf. The detail is exquisite, and the image of the magnificent beast brings a chill of dread to the heart of any who look upon it.

Which means... you are now eligible to be a Gym Leader!

If you wish to accept the responsibilities of being a GL, go here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=378677#post378677) to get started.