PDA

View Full Version : Wheee....open challenge

Gengar's Shadow
30th June 2003, 03:26 PM
Open challenge, and I DO NOT want hard people. PLEASE

Rules:
DQ: 3 days
I send out first, u attack
Arena: a chamber under ground, there is a leak on the ceiling, anmd it is in the right side. A puddle is there, and if need of water, water somes from th ground. walls other than that.
Bans: Subsitute, Recovery moves(U CAN use giga drain, etc.), and rest.
Ill send out my Kabutops, Raijuuta!

Did i miss anything?

Cyrus
30th June 2003, 03:31 PM
I can ref this.

Gengar's Shadow
30th June 2003, 03:32 PM
OKay, I forgot to say 2v2!!

Hexae
30th June 2003, 03:32 PM
I'll battle, then. ^^ Go Kaen, my male larvitar!

Start with an Earthquake to shake things up, and try to catch Kabutops with Crunch when his guard's down. Lastly, I want you to Toxic.

Gengar's Shadow
30th June 2003, 06:35 PM
OK, First, Raijuuta, use a QUICK Tobi Izuna= Ground* to do damage AND stop the concentraction needed to use Earthquake. Then, when he uses Crunch, poke your blade into his mouth and then PULL upwards, hurting him badly. Then, for the Toxic, use a Protect. Be safe.

Good luck Raijuuta.

*Signature move: Tobi Izuna
Yaarahyunda is known for being an expert at blades. He can tap into secret blade powers because of his massive training. He also watches TV alot. Because of this, he sees the show Ruroni Kenshin. He saw one attack and decided to master it. That attack is this.

There are two moves for this. The first one, ground type, Yaarahyunda swipes at the ground, making a small row of cracking earth go right at the opponent. This has a 30% chance of making the opponent fall down, and the ref will choose what happens when they "fall down". The other attack is that he back-hand swipes the blade, and a small beam of energy comes out. This beam looks like Yaarahyunda's blade. The energy beam starts out very small, and gets bigger as it goes along. This is a flying type move. In addition, as the energy blade gets bigger, the more powerful it gets. This ranges from 9-18%, depending on how big the blade is. This move, once Yaarahyunda picks either ground or flying, that move is the only one he can for the match. Two-time use, two-round gap between uses.
Type Flying/Ground | Acc 95%/95% | Atk See above for flying, 15% ground | Effect see above

Cyrus
30th June 2003, 08:20 PM
Gengar’s Shadow vs. Hexae

Prebattle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Kaen: Earthquake ~ Crunch ~ Toxic
Raijuuta: Tobi Izuna ~ Slash ~ Protect

Battle:

Within the underground cavern lit by effervescent mineral deposits the two warriors face off. The scythe-wielding warrior lashes out, a single swing toward the ground generates a violent shift throwing the small draconic pokemon to the ground. While Kaen failed to generate the seismic disturbance, he is quick to return to his feet and latch onto his opponent. Raijuuta attempts to catch his foe’s open mouth with the tip of his blade, but the size difference combined with the timing required was sufficient to prevent his success. The Kabutops manages to wrest himself free of the lavitar’s locked jaws, to have the less than fiendish warrior attempt to dose him with toxic sludge. An opaque barrier blocks the sludge in mid air and drops to the ground, diluting in the toxins in moments.

Post battle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 77% (HP) 85% (Energy)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 85% (HP) 80% (Energy)

Gengar's Shadow
30th June 2003, 10:26 PM
:o ! 20% Energy loss? Oh well, just use a Double Team, then use a Toxic, finish with a Giga Drain.

Subs; If he uses anything that comes close to you, use a Slash. This is ONLY IF they are about to hit the real one. Also, after DT is used then do this.

Double Team ~ Toxic ~ GigaDrain

Hexae
1st July 2003, 09:18 AM
Start off with a focus energy to concentrate on those clones and try to find out which one's real, and aim for a weak spot. Then do a swagger, start aiming rude insults and taunts right before he fires his toxic to try and throw off his aim. Once he's nice and mad, hopefully slightly disoriented, muster up the strongest outrage that you can.

Cyrus
3rd July 2003, 01:37 PM
Round 2:

Prebattle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 77% (HP) 85% (Energy)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 85% (HP) 80% (Energy)

Commands:

Kaen: Focus Energy ~ Swagger ~ Outrage
Raijuuta: Double Team ~ Toxic ~ Gigadrain

Battle:

Raijuuta summons a trio of false images in an attempt to obscure himself from the coming attacks, but finds that his opponent manages to lock eyes with his foe while completely ignoring the existence of the clones. Kaen finds it humorous that his opponent has wasted his time generating fruitless clones, the taunts are cut short as his face is covered in purple goo. In a desperate rage, both pokemon charge each other, Kaen in a draconic rage and Raijuuta in a blood lust. As Kaen strikes Raijuuta’s body repeatedly with his small limbs, a single thrust of the scythe rips through Kaen’s life force.

Post battle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 53% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Focused | Severely Poisoned (5% Next round)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 65% (HP) 65% (Energy)

Hexae
3rd July 2003, 01:47 PM
Kaen, start with a quick Earthquake to shake that Kabutops up, hopefully you'll be able to get him off his feet this time. Then I want you to create some clones in hopes of distracting him even more. Lastly, Kaen, Dig underground pretty deep so you can chill out a bit next round, but if you sense he's going to try and flood you out of your tunnel, use a Sunny Day instead. Good luck my friend!

Earthquake -> Double Team -> Dig/Sunny Day

Gengar's Shadow
3rd July 2003, 02:04 PM
OK, i know what to do >=].

First, use a quick Slash to disrupt the concentration for earthquake. Make sure u really dig those blade in. After that, Razor Wind do get rid of the clones. Make sure Razor wind is after the Double Team. Then, he cant read yuor mind, he will dig. Use Hydro Pump to do damage and flood him out.

Cyrus
5th July 2003, 04:02 PM
Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 53% (HP) 70% (Energy) | Focused | Severely Poisoned (5% Next round)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 65% (HP) 65% (Energy)

Commands:

Kaen: Earthquake ~ Double Team ~ Dig
Raijuuta: Slash ~ Razor Wind ~ Hydro pump

Battle:

Raijuuta charges his foe, scythes raised high, but finds himself at a lose of footing as his opponent generates a particularly violent seismic disturbance. As the Kabutops levers himself off his rear, Kaen manifests four clones. Once on his feet, Raijuuta releases a single razor edged gust of wind in an attempt to cut down his opponent’s clones. While he does manage to cleave one in half, the other three remain an issue. In an attempt to gain a moment’s rest, Kaen burrows into the moist soil of the chamber. Yet mere feet beneath the surface, the Kabutops levels a barrage of high-powered streams of water that ravage the lavitar’s small form and force him out of his hole.

Post battle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 22% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Focused | Severely Poisoned (8% Next round)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 40% (HP) 45% (Energy)

Gengar's Shadow
5th July 2003, 09:41 PM
[color=cyan]Lesse here....!

first, u can see him now. Use a QUICK Giga Drain. Then, you are close to him now, use a Slash. Now Take a break. Also, if he uses Double Team, instead of take a break use a Razor wind.

Hexae
6th July 2003, 08:32 AM
Larvitar, start off with a Protect when Kabutops comes close for a Giga Drain, and when he tries to slash you, keep the shield up while you charge a Hyper Beam quickly. Before he gets a chance to cut the shield and you, fire it. Then, rest for a bit just like him. (not the attack).

Cyrus
6th July 2003, 02:58 PM
Round 4:

Prebattle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 22% (HP) 55% (Energy) | Focused | Severely Poisoned (8% Next round)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 40% (HP) 45% (Energy)

Commands:

Kaen: Protect ~ Hyper beam ~ Break
Raijuuta: Gigadrain ~ Slash ~ Break

Battle:

As this battle continues, Raijuuta launches a desperate assault hoping to finish off his opponent. With claw raised high, the Kabutops again attempts to feast on his foe’s life force. Yet his raised blade is unable to penetrate the barrier separating him from his adversary. While Kaen makes an attempt to split his enhanced focus between maintaining the barrier and charging a golden orb of plasma he quickly releases the barrier in difference for the destructive orb. As Raijuuta follows through with a second sweep of his scythe, chipping away at the lavitar’s rocky armor, is struck by said vibrant orb of plasma. As both warriors are left panting in desperation, they stare at each other wishing death and destruction on the other.

Post battle stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 10% (HP) 50% (Energy) | Focused | Severely Poisoned (8% Next round)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 30% (HP) 50% (Energy)

Hexae
6th July 2003, 03:31 PM
I'm proud of you, Kaen. You've done well against a pokemon that's larger than yourself and also evolved. Start off with a Screech to distract Kabutops, while you set off a Thunderbolt. Finish it off with an Earthquake. This will probably be your last round, but I wish you luck nonetheless.

Gengar's Shadow
7th July 2003, 11:59 AM
OK Blade(new nick), i think we know what to do.

First, Take a Break. You arent concentrating on anything, so why not? Now, right when the screeching stops, use Tobi Izuna: Ground. That should end it. Now, Take a Break. However, if it is not over, then you shal Slash in the last spot, to disrupt the EarthQuake.

Take a Break ~ Tobi Izuna: Ground ~ Take a Break/Slash

Cyrus
8th July 2003, 10:30 PM
Round 5:

Prebattle Stats:

Kaen (Lavitar, M): 10% (HP) 50% (Energy) | Focused | Severely Poisoned (8% Next round)
Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 30% (HP) 50% (Energy)

Commands:

Kaen: Screech ~ Thunderbolt ~ Earthquake
Raijuuta: Take a Break ~ Tobi Izuna: Ground ~ Take a Break/Slash

Battle:

As the two armored foes face off again, Kaen releases an ear-shattering howl in an attempt to break his opponent’s concentration, or lack there of. As the two again attempt to batter their opponent into the ground, Kaen launches a bolt of electricity to arc wildly through Raijuuta’s body. Returning the blow in kind, Raijuuta regretfully uses the final use of his signature technique to blast the Lavitar into unconsciousness.

Post battle Stats:

Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 10% (HP) 65% (Energy)

Hexae
9th July 2003, 07:54 AM
Good work, Kaen, you lowered his health well. Now I send out my female Dratini, Dracha. I assume Gengar still attacks first because it's his turn?

Gengar's Shadow
9th July 2003, 10:22 AM
Yes I do attack first. Uve done great Blade. Now just use a Blizzard, and make it fairly quick. I have a feeling that some Extreme Speeds are coming. After the Blizzard, she should be slowed down a bit. use a high-powered Ice Beam. If you still live, use another Ice Beam, If you dont, I dont care. You did well.

Hexae
9th July 2003, 10:37 AM
Alright Dracha, our opponent guessed right. I want you to Extremespeed to that puddle and flatten yourself as much as you can it it to reduce the damage from ice shards to a minimum. After the Blizzard passes, Protect the incoming Ice Beam and finish him off with a Thunder.

Cyrus
10th July 2003, 11:38 PM
Round 6:

Prebattle Stats:

Raijuuta (Kabutops, M): 10% (HP) 65% (Energy)
Dracha (Dratini, F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Raijuuta: Blizzard ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice beam
Dracha: Extreme Speed ~ Protect ~ Thunder

Battle:

Raijuuta faces what he believes to be his final opponent, he knows this will be his last round because his trainer says so. Launching a frigid blizzard, the doomed Kabutops attempts to smite his draconic opponent, but fails to account for the sudden burst of speed that lands the dratini in a small puddle of water. The now wet dratini raises an opaque barrier to block the frigid ray that he is attempting to freeze his opponent. As the Kabutops prepares to release another frigid beam, Dracha deep fries his opponent with a single crack of lightning.

Post battle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 100% (HP) 75% (Energy)

Hexae
12th July 2003, 11:05 AM
Oops.. my bad. He posted in the absence tower.

Originally posted by Gengar's Shadow
Same as my bro, SneaselReborned. Monday im leaving, and im gonna say ill be back 8-12 days to be on the safe side. However, please give or take 1-2 days.

Ummm...yea. No DQage. Reffings will need subs starting monday.

Gengar's Shadow
12th July 2003, 11:27 PM
ok...1) It aint monday yet. 2) The DQ is 3 days, not 2. 3) I send out my Abra, Oracle.

4) attack now.

Hexae
13th July 2003, 07:29 AM
1) I know.
2) I know. ;)

Alright Dracha, start out with a Safeguard to prevent status effects. Then use Flamethrower on a volley of Swift stars. Good luck!

Gengar's Shadow
13th July 2003, 10:36 AM
I must ask: Did u mean but flamethrower on the swift, like make it one attack?

Hexae
14th July 2003, 03:48 PM
Yes, a combo, but since it uses two different moves, it takes up two actions.

Gengar's Shadow
23rd July 2003, 08:54 AM
I know I know! First, Encore Safegaurd. That messes up his WHOLE Turn. except for safeguard, though. After that, either Gravijaa Slam, or Shadow Ball x2. Whichever you, oracle, think would do more damage.

Gengar's Shadow
23rd July 2003, 04:54 PM
Double posting...sorry.

Grajivaa Slam is basically Teleport + Seismic Toss(sp?). Cyrus, i think you know what i mean by this.

Hexae
1st August 2003, 02:44 PM
Just incase Cyrus can't find this. ^^;

Cyrus
3rd August 2003, 02:18 PM
Thank You, I had been unable to locate this match. My apologizies for the delay.

Round 7:

Prebattle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 100% (HP) 75% (Energy)

Oracle (Abra, Gender?): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Dracha: Safe Guard ~ Flamethrower + Swift

Oracle: Encore ~ Gravijaa Slam / Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball

Battle:

As Dracha faces off with her next adversary, a young abra, she goes through the gestures to manifest a warding to prevent any lasting chemical imbalances in herself. Oracle, being the spiteful psion that she is forces her opponent into duplicating the last action. Encouraged by the repeated gestures, Oracle elects to follow his trainer’s initial set of orders. Grasping the Dratini in a relativily frail grip, Oracle teleports to the pinnacle of the arena and pitches her opponent toward the cavern floor below. The additional force applied by being thrown is trivial when compared to the effects of gravity from falling from twenty feet in the air. However this combination failed to consider the body structure of a serpentine creature versus that of an extremely frail humanoid. As the two connect with the unforgiving stone earth, the Abra is forced to regret the flawed orders given. Dracha lashes out with a minor flurry of stars to cut into the seer’s bruised body.

Post battle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 85% (HP) 60% (Energy) | Safeguard active (6 actions)

Oracle (Abra, Gender?): 80% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Severely bruised

Gengar's Shadow
3rd August 2003, 03:08 PM
Male abra. Okay Oracle, we can do this! First, i must say sorry. Now, on with the game. First, I want you to use a Dynamic Punch since you are close. Then, I would like you to hold that Dratini still with Psychic. However, if that Dratini is still close. use Shadow Ball. Now, blast it with a Shadow Ball! However, if he is not close anymore, use a Swift. Also, at any time the move Double Team is used, use a Swift to take out the clones. Another thing; if anything goes severely wrong, or you think you are about to be hurt bad, abort mission with Teleport to safety.

Dynamic Punch - Psychic/Shadow Ball - Shadow Ball/Swift
Subs - Plz look above (to big paragraph)

Hexae
3rd August 2003, 03:29 PM
Start with a Supersonic, Dracha. Most likely, due to the close range, he'll be confused. Oracle can't read minds, his name or not, so follow through with a Thunder Wave to thoroughly screw him over. :D Lastly, use a Hyper Beam. I'm counting on you, Drach'.

Cyrus
4th August 2003, 12:56 PM
Hexea, do you mean Supersonic instead of Confuse Ray? Dratini doesn't learn Confuse Ray but breeds for Supersonic.

Hexae
4th August 2003, 12:57 PM
Oops.. my mistake. *goes to edit* Yes, supersonic.

Cyrus
4th August 2003, 04:12 PM
Round 8:

Prebattle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 85% (HP) 60% (Energy) | Safeguard active (6 actions)

Oracle (Abra, M): 80% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Severely bruised

Commands:

Dracha: Super Sonic ~ Thunder Wave ~ Hyper beam
Oracle: Dynamic Punch ~ Psychic/Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball/Swift

Battle:

As this battle continues, the dratini howls in rage in an attempt to disrupt his opponent’s sense of balance. While the effects are immediately obvious, whether the disruption or the natural inaccuracy of Oracle’s chosen technique is what caused his blow to miss is unclear. As Oracle connects with an explosive orb of base emotions, his body is forced to absorb a polarized wave of energy. The dratini is sent reeling from the blast, as she recovers she is peppered with a barrage of stars. Yet this does little to prevent her raging orb of plasma from striking her foe.

Post battle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 70% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Safeguard active (3 actions)

Oracle (Abra, M): 60% (HP) 65% (Energy) | Severely bruised | Minor Paralyzes | Minor Disruption to sense of balance

Hexae
4th August 2003, 04:23 PM
Start with a Poison Gale combo, create a Twister and launch Toxic into it so it swirls around and spreads. If Oracle blocked the cyclone, continue with a Thunderbolt, but if he didn't and got poisoned, Dragon Rage. If he got hit by the combo, but wasn't poisoned, use Toxic again.

Gengar's Shadow
5th August 2003, 01:34 PM
OKay Oracle, lets hope this works.

First, when the twister comes, Teleport to the other side, behind Dracha and combo with a ShadowBall. Then, as quick as you can, Safeguard. Cmon Oracle, I know you can do this!

Teleport + Shadow Ball - Safeguard(REALLY QUICK)

Cyrus
8th August 2003, 02:08 PM
Round 9:

Prebattle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 70% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Safeguard active (3 actions)

Oracle (Abra, M): 60% (HP) 65% (Energy) | Severely bruised | Minor Paralyzes | Minor Disruption to sense of balance

Commands:

Dracha: Twister + Toxic ~ Thunderbolt / Dragon Rage / Toxic

Oracle: Teleport + Shadow ball ~ Safeguard

Battle:

Using a relatively cunning strategy, Oracle awaits his opponent’s combination while selecting his escape point. Dracha releases a small tornado of draconic energy hoping to carry her poisonous goo into the diviner. Yet to her disappointment the prophet relocates himself behind her, dodging the small raging storm by a healthy margin. As the serpentine dragon turns to face her adversary, she is struck in the face by an explosive orb of negative energy. Recoiling from the cowardly strike, she vents her fury in the form of a single bolt of electricity. The Oracle failed to see his own fate, that of a seizure ridden sack of flesh as he fails to generate a ward.

Post Battle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 55% (HP) 25% (Energy) |

Oracle (Abra, M): 35% (HP) 45% (Energy) | Severely bruised | Severe Paralyzes | Minor Disruption to sense of balance

Gengar's Shadow
8th August 2003, 09:28 PM
Shadow Ball quickly, she JUST made the thunderbolt strike. Teleport to the other end, as far away from dracha. Shadow Ball again. Teleport for safety just incase. If any toxic happens, Teleport. If any status changes for most part teleport. Endure as a neccissary. At any give time that Dracha takes a break, Shadow Ball however, that is after you have teleported, and if need so, make it quick.

Hexae
8th August 2003, 09:46 PM
Teleport-happy? -_-

Dracha, I know you're tired. When Abra Shadow Balls, Double Team and stay where you are. When he Teleports to the other end of the arena, follow him and stay close by. After the most likely missing Shadow Ball, ambush Abra and finish with a wicked combo of Wrap and Supersonic. He won't be able to escape in time, because Teleport has clearly taken a good few seconds to take effect in the anime, and seeing as this is Anime Style, it would only see fit for it to mimic these characteristics.

EDIT: Alright, I'll change it then. I asssumed they could float because Dragonair can, and they have similar body structures.. but it won't alter my moves in any way. Better?

Cyrus
8th August 2003, 10:06 PM
Hexea, I haven't ever seen a dratini fly. Dragonairs yes, but I haven't seen a dratini float / fly in the anime. Admittedly I don't watch it frequently. Can you point out to me when a dratini has take to the air?

Hexae
10th August 2003, 10:23 AM
There, I've changed it if that's alright. My moveset hasn't changed at all, just the way she carries it out.

Cyrus
10th August 2003, 11:01 PM
Round 10:

Prebattle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 55% (HP) 25% (Energy) |

Oracle (Abra, M): 35% (HP) 45% (Energy) | Severely bruised | Severe Paralyzes | Minor Disruption to sense of balance

Commands:

Dracha: Double Team ~ Wrap ~ Super sonic
Oracle: Shadow Ball ~ Teleport ~ Shadow ball

Battle:

Mere seconds before Oracle is able to release his orb of doom, Dracha splits into four images. The detonation of the sphere is sufficient to blast away a pair of the false images, leaving only two targets. As Oracle teleports to the other end of the arena, Dracha ponders for a moment how she is supposed to fly. With a shrug of her serpentine body she strikes, coiling around her foe and doing her best to squeeze the life out of him. Oracle attempts to teleport away, but only manages to drag the screaming dratini along for the ride. Oracle collapses to the ground as his sense of balance is shattered by the wail.

Post battle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 55% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Wrapped around Oracle

Oracle (Abra, M): 30% (HP) 30% (Energy) | Severely bruised | Severe Paralyzes | Severe Disruption to sense of balance | Dracha coiled around body

Hexae
11th August 2003, 08:47 AM
Alright, Dracha, you've done well. :) Release Oracle and flee to the other end of the arena again. There I want you to relax for the rest of the round, and if something comes your way, try to dodge as best we can. Do not use Protect at any cost. If you can reach them, seek refuge by coiling around one of the stalactites, but always keep your guard up. (I assume there are stalactites, this arena being a cavern and all. -_-)

Gengar's Shadow
11th August 2003, 10:19 AM
OKay, first, when she lets you go, Swagger her. Make her feel really hated, so she wastes all that energy. Then, Teleport in away from her, making her mad even more. Teleport away from of her again, wasting more energy. Harharhar.

Cyrus
11th August 2003, 01:34 PM
Round 11:

Prebattle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 55% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Wrapped around Oracle

Oracle (Abra, M): 30% (HP) 30% (Energy) | Severely bruised | Severe Paralyzes | Severe Disruption to sense of balance | Dracha coiled around body

Commands:

Dracha: Relax ~ Relax ~ Relax

Oracle: Swagger ~ Teleport ~ Teleport

Battle:

As Dracha uncoils herself from her faltering opponent, Oracle attempts to humiliate the draconic serpent. Yet Dracha can only laugh as Oracle drops to the ground as spasms rack his small body. Blood can be seen leaking from his closed mouth; apparently the abra bit his own tongue. Dracha appears almost concerned as she watches Oracle drive his head into the cavern floor repeatedly. As the seizure pasts, Oracle reluctantly teleports around the arena as his opponent relaxes.

Post battle Stats:

Dracha (Dratini, F): 55% (HP) 40% (Energy) |

Oracle (Abra, M): 25% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Severely bruised | Severe Paralyzes | Severe Disruption to sense of balance | Dracha coiled around body | Bleeding Tongue

Cyrus
16th August 2003, 12:08 PM
DQ on Gengar's Shadow.

Hexae
16th August 2003, 01:13 PM
*takes two Yen*

I shall catch a Yanma. :D