PDA

View Full Version : Unown ! and ? Revealed *SPOILERS*

Chinpokomon
20th December 2002, 09:56 PM
*thanks to Eternal Veggie for taking the time to find and creat the the pictures*

well here are what the 2 new punctuation unown ! and ? look like.

Click Here (http://www.angelfire.com/pokemon2/vjungle/unown.html)

though many people tend to think there fake.. But I believe those are real.
*hopes this ain't against the rules*

Splinter Cell
20th December 2002, 10:27 PM
Official, credible, and amazing! I love it. Where can you find them? They look cool. We need more surprises like these, cause most of us are done w/ the games...

Chinpokomon
20th December 2002, 10:34 PM
Sadly the only way to get them would be by a cheat code. as usual no official way has been found yet...

pokefreak04
20th December 2002, 10:54 PM
Perhaps the Ruins of Alph in Johto?:confused: It could happen!:yes:

A war in the po
20th December 2002, 11:22 PM
i may be mistaking, but they look like "?" and on looks like "!"
they look like question marks or other symbols. but the idea of a johto map in this game is highly unlikely. hmm i bet u they are
! and ? symbols

The Rusted One
21st December 2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by A war in the po
i may be mistaking, but they look like "?" and on looks like "!"
they look like question marks or other symbols. but the idea of a johto map in this game is highly unlikely. hmm i bet u they are
! and ? symbols

We've known that for weeks now.

A war in the po
21st December 2002, 01:13 AM
well excuse me then. let me see ive only been on this post for a day?? but yeah i post alot on gbxemu.com

www.pokeusa.com
21st December 2002, 02:01 AM
i already made the pioc before YOU!!!

Azura Stardust
21st December 2002, 02:16 AM
Some of us already knew this, but hehwhatever. :) Um, I wonder why its eyes are half-closed, though? Is it because all the burden above is on the eye?

Nightingale23
21st December 2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Azura Stardust
Some of us already knew this, but hehwhatever. :) Um, I wonder why its eyes are half-closed, though? Is it because all the burden above is on the eye?

I have noticed that too... I think I heard that all the Unowns eyes are half closed... That's really weird.

Chris 2.1
21st December 2002, 07:45 AM
this is interesting, since Unown are claimed to be unacessable. I think they must be in, since all the 'unacessables' have characteristics and new moves, new breeding moves ect (Rhydon can breed for Megahorn 0.0) so maybe we can get Unown in the game afterall.

Azura Stardust
21st December 2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Nightingale23
I have noticed that too... I think I heard that all the Unowns eyes are half closed... That's really weird.

No, look at the Unown "I" down there in the pic, its eye is fully open. :confused:

Nightingale23
21st December 2002, 08:11 AM
Whoops!? My mistake! I just checked another Unown (L) and also saw that it's eye is fully opened. Sorry! ;o

Scythemantis
21st December 2002, 10:14 AM
What's next? Numerical unowns? Maybe just one particularly special unown, like a two-eyed infnity symbol. Maybe you'de get it by filling out the unowndex, and then you'de get a powerful tm that only it can learn, where it throws all the other unowns at its opponent rapid-fire like.

Anyway their eyes are half closed because they slept through G/S and were just woken up for R/S and haven't had their coffee yet. Nintendo decided it was a good idea to include them so they could put them after all the shouting and cursing over the uncatchable pokemon. Maybe their eyes are also lazy to illustrate their indifference, and how bored they are with being useless pokemon. These two new unowns are very sarcastic, and are always up to NO GOOD. They're friends. Look at the pics, they're all like, "Oh no. You're going to catch me. Please, oh great pokemon master, please don't catch me. Oh, heavens, I'm caught. That's nice."

Once I start talking, you never know where it's gonna go.

Crystalmaster Mike
21st December 2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Scythemantis
"Oh no. You're going to catch me. Please, oh great pokemon master, please don't catch me. Oh, heavens, I'm caught. That's nice."

You know, that isn't too bad of a guess you made there, I mean, look at what the Unowns did in SOTU; if they're but even half as powerful as those, why should they be worried they're being caught? As long as it isn't a Master- Dark or other Unevadable Ball coming at them...

A war in the po
21st December 2002, 04:49 PM
well i guess their eyes are close because they are only minor. i mean u only use those symbols at the end of a sentance.
i was thinking of the question mark one. what if his special ability was amnesia? im still not sure about ! unnown.

EspeonGuy
21st December 2002, 05:16 PM
um, that IS strange :confused:

1. Why would Ninty move their lazy arses and do 2 new Unowns? ! and ? ? :/ I just BET they didn't put ! and ? without
2. And that one applies to other Pokemon. But it's making sense.. the game would crap up without these Pokemon avaliable by cheats.. but why they come complete with new things?

:|

{EDIT} Oh and will you be so nice and tell us teh code for ! and ? Unowns?

Ultimate Charizard
21st December 2002, 07:40 PM
Well all i can say is theres definitely more to R/S than anyone knows right now.

There are too many things left unanswered. Also the numerous things weve seen coded into the games.

The old pokemon all have new moves and images, there were rhumours that team rocket sprites are coded in and now 2 new pokemon.

I cant believe Nintendo would bother coding that much into the game...and even coming up with new pokemon with absolutely no intention of using them.

A war in the po
21st December 2002, 10:58 PM
there is definately more to R/S. i just heard some member from gbxemu find a way to a unnown land that can be shown in the map at all. its not jsut another island. as far as i was concerned he said that that land was a mirror world to the actual world.

The Rusted One
22nd December 2002, 12:46 AM
It is intriguing about the purpose of these two punctuation Unown. I mean, sure, they're probably just two shapes Nintendo decided to make into pokemon, but still, why those two? And why ONLY those two?

What I'd like to see is a fullstop Unown. It could be just an eye. Just a staring, unblinking eye...half-closed, of course, to fit in with the other punctu-Unowns.

Spagghettor
22nd December 2002, 08:16 AM
Or there could be a : unown--just two eyes on top of each other.

Or maybe a & unown--now THAT would look weird. Or a % unown.

Lil_Echo00
22nd December 2002, 02:04 PM
Just a tought...why would the unowns be in english alphabet..if the games were made in japan by ....wuldnt ad shuldnt they be in the japanese alphabet?

A war in the po
22nd December 2002, 02:49 PM
perhaps, but it surely has to be symbolyizing the katana. because im sure noone wants to symbolize the old fashion japanese. besides its a bit hard to interprit unowns to japanses sharacters

The Rusted One
22nd December 2002, 06:21 PM
Besides that, English is VERY fashionable in Japan.

EspeonGuy
24th December 2002, 07:42 AM
Duh.. was gonna reply to this.. yes. Katakana has some complicated symbols.. try taking one and Unownizing it :/
you won't do it without problems, or even not do it.

RaZoR LeAf
24th December 2002, 08:10 AM
% Unown? Have a look at the attached pic. It's a fake i did recently.

I still think there should be pre-evolutions of the Unown. In Lower case. And different Unown for every country that has a dfferent alphabet.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kevin
24th December 2002, 08:14 AM
Not too terribly difficult to make katakana unown.

Nightingale23
24th December 2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf
% Unown? Have a look at the attached pic. It's a fake i did recently.

I still think there should be pre-evolutions of the Unown. In Lower case. And different Unown for every country that has a dfferent alphabet.

ummm... think about this.. the new pokemon game with 150 new pokemon and 100+ new unown!? that woul be ridiciolous! but I still agree that katakana unown can be difficult.. and besides that they would look bizzare.

mudkip007
24th December 2002, 09:39 AM
is there a spcific code for them?

Crystalmaster Mike
24th December 2002, 09:50 AM
Umm, but what about countries who have the same alphabet, but some exclusive letters, like the French "c dit" (ç) or the German "Eszet" [Eztset] (like a | with a 3 attached to it only with the upper line)

mudkip007
24th December 2002, 10:05 AM
I guess they just have to live with it, the Japansese versions don't use Katakana letters, so it isn't that big of a deal

kiphacks
24th December 2002, 11:32 AM
*Thinks this would be cool"

Turks
24th December 2002, 12:53 PM
lol, those new unknowns look like they're stoned! They Rock!

mudkip007
9th January 2003, 04:22 PM
No offense, but that 8 unown has two eyes. Unowns have one eye

mudkip007
9th January 2003, 04:24 PM
So does the % unown, plus its backwards

jordan2009
9th January 2003, 06:51 PM
They only learn one attack which is hidden power they was useless in the crystal version so nothing going to chnage they still will have one move and Its just a useless lazy pokemon!!!!!!

Champion_MKO
10th January 2003, 10:14 AM
well i think PGC will include Johto and/or Kanto these 202+ Pokémon coded for that. unown is just on of them