PDA

View Full Version : ~* ReAwakened *~ (Hey! I.. I wrote some thing! Chapter 1 !)

Bulbasaur4
1st July 2003, 04:13 PM
Wow... I wrote some thing. Well, this is actually going to be based of an RPG I am creating, but I actually felt like writing some chapters with it! Wow, I am amazing. *poses* XD j/k... it's probably a load of crap but weee! It should serve as faintly amusing to those who like to not know what the heck will happen next. Wee. I am so creative.

This is just a rough draft... there actually is a 'prolouge' poem that is supposed to go before this, but my friend hasn't finished editing it for me. XD So I'm bored and put the chapter 1 first! Weee!

Oh, I also have pictures that I drew of some of the characters if anyone is interested. ^^ Not that anyone might read this... but, hey, WHO KNOWS?! Maybe i'll get lucky and snag some one! lol. Oh, and this will be rated M for mature. There is some blood,but nothing over-the top, only in some of the fight seens and for language. ^^ Nothing too big tho.

Awakened
Chapter 1

Running swiftly through the forest, almost as if it’s giant, unseen claws were gliding through the air, the demon chased its prey. It had no need for smelling, no need for concentrating upon this prey either… for she was easily heard and not too far ahead. It would simply catch up to her in a matter of minutes, sink its teeth into her tender flesh and suck her soul and blood dry from her body. This process would continue, until the demon had regained the energy it needed to return to the village, which it ruled over. Of course, the village which it ruled was nothing more then a tower of ashes and picked dry and parched bones, but that did not matter. It ruled land, which made it far more superior then many of the rouge, wandering demons and its children.

The girl, who had felt deep inside her soul that she had to flee… to run from something which she could not see or touch, was losing her air. Her precious lungs which had breathed so faithfully to her for so many years was running out of air… and no longer could her legs seem to keep up the blistering pace which she had set for herself. She could feel in her body that a demon was chasing her… she was the last remaining survivor of her village. The demon must have sensed her… and followed her in hopes of killing her too, just like her mother, her father, her brother and all the rest of her family and friends. She did not want to die of course, so she had fled into the deep, dark abyss of the tangling vines of the forest. She was running blindly as well, for she had no idea where she was going or what direction she had took. The forest kept blinding her however, with impenetrable darkness which was so thick she felt as though it tingled around her body and she could have cut it thinly with a knife.

Branches and strewn about jagged leaves cut deeply into her ankles, face and arms as she fought her way through the wild, beastly forest in order to escape what she believed to be pursuing her. As time stretched itself, she could begin to hear the deep, raggedly yet smooth and even breathes of the predator coming from behind. No noises could be heard of it’s footsteps, no rustling of leaves was heard of it’s body penetrating the forest- nothing but it’s own breathing which cruelly seemed no better than hearing the growl of a hungry wolf. The girl felt her heart begin to swell in her throat, as tears began to form at the edge of her eyes for knowing of her upcoming doom. Grunting and giving a pathetic cry, she tried to swat a branch that had stuck her sharply in the gut as she ran. This movement was to no avail however, as she suddenly found her foot had caught upon an overgrown root and she fell to the ground. Her chin hit the solid, dry ground hard… and instantly blood began to drip upon the ground, but she quickly placed her beaten hands upon the earth and pushed herself back up weakly. Hope of escaping was lost from her mind… but she still pressed to move onward, although the breathing became louder and clearer from behind.

As if fate suddenly clasped her tightly in his own hands, in her run she suddenly collided with an object which was hard and undeniable. In her horror, gazing upwards in the darkness which she had ran blinded through, she saw that whatever object was in front of her- would not let her pass. As she ran her fingers desperately around it, trying to claw her way around it or even above it- she felt it was like a wall. It seemed to have no end of the top, and it seemed to have a never ending stretch of both left and right. Her body felt cold… almost as cold as the soft, rock-like barrier, which prevented her from going any further. Swallowing tightly again, she pressed her face against the wall, having her back to the demon that had been chasing her. She knew this was the end… she knew she was going to die and that there was no way to go. As if trying to make herself invisible, the girl pressed her cheek even more against the gritty flat barrier, tightly closing her eyes so she would not have to see the demon’s gaping jaws as it ripped her throat out and killed her mercilessly.

The breathing was loud now, almost so loud that she was becoming deaf from that being the only thing heard amongst the silence in the forest. Her body trembled fiercely, she could feel the demon had arrived to where she was now. It made no sound as it moved closer to her… so close that it could easily smell and define every thing about her just by smelling her fresh, sweet-tasting blood. The demon’s opened jaws, which slightly resembled that of crude, bird-like beak stretched outward so that it’s huge, glistening fangs dripping with saliva swiftly aimed an attack at her throat. In a matter of seconds, the girl would be dead and another human would be a beautiful meal for the reign and age of the demons.

Yet, just as the demon was about to strike, the essence of time seemed to slow down for one miraculous moment. The girl’s hands had been pressed against the stone, which held her in her spot as a barrier-, the wall that would not let her go any further. Unknowingly however, her right hand’s fingers gently had brushed against a carving into the stone. Death had her mind paralyzed and numb with fear, so she did not know that she absently had pressed her fingers deeply into the outline and heart of the engraved symbol. At that very moment, as the demon was about to seize her body and effortlessly break her neck- energy was released by the girl’s touch from the wall.

The energy had been waiting for this moment… that it took no time to release itself from the wall. Nothing, not even time could have possibly measured how fast or quickly the energy had released from the air and took form. A blinding white light had exploded from the wall, so that the dark instantly was dissipated and the demon was frozen by the white energy so that it was unable to move further- only mere inches away from the girl as she too, was frozen. As the darkness which had consumed the area of the forest which surrounded the wall was defeated and done, the white light-like energy then instantly gathered in an instant below the large, dragon-like body of the demon. It hovered there and almost let a small, particle of time pass by before it suddenly erupted like a bomb from underneath the demon. The explosion caused no harm to the demon or anything nearby, and it seemed as if the energy was transparent and only to be seen and not felt. But as the blinded show of the explosion faded, a figure began to fade back into existence as the remaining white light began to disappear around the area like a lifting snow.

Slowly, the shadows surrounding the figure emerging began to lift as the white light began to fade… and the figure became clear again. As soon as the shadow’s had completely lifted around his form, his golden, cat-like slitted eyes glinted as suddenly time was abruptly released and seemed to reel chaotically back into motion. The demon’s jaws that were frozen mere inches away from the girl, were released and with in an instantly they were coming down upon the girl who was shaking and seemingly clenching the wall as if praying to disappear before her inevitable death would arrive.

Suddenly however, a brilliant blur of motion formed around the demon’s neck as blood spattered into the air and flesh was ripped and strewn. The head of the demon fell short of seizing the girl’s neck, and instead it fell to the ground next to the girl, blood gushing from where it’s neck used to be. The girl turned her head, hearing a sound to her right and shrieked as her wide, unbelieving eyes saw the head of the demon looking at her- it’s blood red eyes glistening and still moving around with angry life. Another loud crash was heard shortly after, as the main body of the demon collapsed to the ground, followed by a ripping, popping sensation which entered the air… trailed by the thick smell of tainted demon blood and rotted flesh. A figure had pierced the body of the demon… so that a sharp object had entered and destroyed the empty, soul-less heart that allowed the dark being to live.

The girl’s breath, along with her heart, which seemed to thump loudly like an echoing drum, was all that she could hear. Her body was paralyzed, as she stared in fright still at the body-less demon head, the eyes of it still staring with life back at her. Then, she saw a foot suddenly step by the demon head, and then another foot appeared but only in a blur as it kicked the head of the demon away and blood splashed when the foot had landed back upon the ground. The girl finally seemed to be free of the demon’s gaze, as she sent a loud, blood-curdling shriek through the air. This sound however, surprisingly enough after the girl had been through the horror of chased by a blood-thirsty demon, and then seeing it’s head roll into her eye sight, spewing blood, was followed by her ears hearing a loud and rather human-like sound.

“GWAH!?”

The girl jerked her head upwards, for she was upon her knees and slowly she brought her head from its plastered-against-the-wall state, away from it and looked up to see whom the human-like bare feet belonged too.

Shocked, she saw not a bloodthirsty demon ready to kill her, but a rather human-looking figure staring at her with a rather bewildered and frightened gaze. He stood above her, with a build that was obviously toned and well nurtured attached to a height that was fairly average for a human boy. He had long, flowing silky hair that seemed human enough, except it appeared so shiny and luminous that it was almost entrancing to see. With in each strand of hair, the color of river blue seemed to flow through it, as bangs wavered about his face and one thick, strong strand of hair covered the spot where his human ears should be. Except, he didn’t have human ears- instead upon his head, he had two black cat-like ears which poked shortly out from his thick head of hair. His icy, fire-flickering golden gaze stared down at her with out amusement… and she also noticed that his eyes were slitted instead of having round pupils like any normal person would have. Wrapped around his right leg as well, was a… a tail, which seemed to match that of some sort of predatory big cat.

“What a HORRIBLE sound!”

He growled, as he suddenly took a step closer to her and kneeled down instantly so that his face was at her level. His clothing rippled at his movements as he did so, for his shirt was rather baggy and the sleeves were long as well. Her pants also were baggy towards his feet, seemingly able to fit two legs in each pant sleeve instead of only holding one, although they were tight around his trim waist. Glowering softly at her, the figure snorted.

“ Stupid human… can’t you talk or is all you do is stare?” His voice questioned softly, as he narrowed his eyes obviously thinking that she was deformed or some thing of the sort.

“I.. uhh.. I… uh… can talk.” She stammered, finding that her long, ribbon-like blonde hair was covering half of her face and preventing him from seeing most of her piercing olive-green gaze.

“Really?” The figure snorted, obviously meaning to be sarcastic. “I wouldn’t have been able to tell.”

The girl to him, was nothing but a fragile creature ready to be eaten or killed with out some thing protecting it. She was small, and wore light blue pants that seemed to be chopped or cut off rather in an ugly way so that three-fourths of her long, pale legs showed. Her shirt too, seemed to be cut so that it had no sleeves, and upon her back was a dark, almost leafy-green cloak, which also was ripped-, probably by the demon or some thing of the sort.

“Wh-what… who… are you?” She managed to squeak out, her voice some-what finding a nerve so it was able to speak to the human-cat creature. Rolling his eyes however, he seemed to neglect in helping her up as he stood up and brushed himself off.

“Me? I’m none-of-your-business! That’s what!” The girl stood up slowly, shaking still for her legs felt weak. If the figure that had seemingly saved her with the sword that was attached to his side did not talk like an *ss, she probably would have deemed him her hero. Things however, shifted shortly.

“For the Goddess’s sake Weiku, stop being such a bastard!” Another voice rang through the air, being rather smooth yet sharp enough to make the male cat-like human flatten his ears.

“ We will all tell her our names.” Another voice spoke, this one being cool and assuring, which was followed by a higher, small-pitched voice which reminded the girl of a two-year old.

“ She’s so pretty too! What luck!”

The girl- already having been in shock and probably traumatized by the occurring events, watched as three more figures suddenly leapt down from seemingly no where, and landed before her, next to the male figure whom the first voice had called, “Weiku.”

The first voice who had spoken, belong to an elegant female figure with long, flowing black hair which was tied upon her head loosely around what seemed to be a crystal-like marble. Her eyes were dark, and seemingly black yet still remained friendly as she smiled warmly, nodding her head slightly as the long, flowing dress-like robe which was around her waist rippled, being a light shade of purple in color and tied around her waist, a rope which was white. Her feet were not visible by the robe, but she narrowed her gaze sharply at Weiku, the cat figure, and turned her face back to the girl and smiled sweetly. The girl noticed instantly when met face-to-face with this female, that she had deer-like ears along with human ears as well.

“I am Sai, do not mind the horrible kitten that we call Weiku.” At this remark, Weiku’s eyes widened and he looked as if he was about to attack her when a larger, more dominant figure blocked him from doing so.

“ Yes, he tends to be hasty. The name is Seiu.” This figure was male, and he was quite larger than Weiku. His build was massive and very muscular, seemingly reflecting so in his hair as well for his hair was rather spiked upwards but yet it remained to be large and fluffy. Ribbon-like strands, which looked almost like soft feathers of deep red dangled in front of his charming, auburn eyes, and she realized that they were his hair too- looking quite different from his main head of hair. Around his body, he wore a sleeveless, baggy shirt of black color, following by soft, flowing pants of matching shades. Upon his waist however, was a large, thick leather belt with spikes jutting out from it. This belt seemed to match the large, collar-like necklace around Seiu’s neck as well, for it too had gleaming, bone-like spikes coming from it, but that seemed not to bother Seiu. The last thing which made him stand out, was not animal parts for seemingly he had no animal traits visible to her, but rather a sword behind his back. The sword was inside of a case, but it had to be extremely large for the placing of where the blade would be was bigger then Weiku’s pant legs. The girl stared at the sword for a moment… until suddenly a small, kid-like figure leapt into her vision, causing her to jump.

Weiku snickered slightly, but that sound was soon followed by a ‘thump’, for Seiu had moved, allowing Sai to come forth and smash her fist upon his head. The small, childish figure in front of the girl however smiled at her with bright, dazzling sea-washed green eyes as her short, wild hair swayed around her eyes even though most of it was tied into two small ringlet-tails behind her head. The small girl figure reminded the girl of a squirrel, for her size was quite small, yet the small girl resembled nothing of a squirrel. Instead, strangely, she resembled a dragon or some thing of the sort. She had a small, lizard-like tail, taloned-hands and dragon-like gills that might have served as ears. All of them were various shades of green, as she smiled brightly- wearing a mini-sized robe, which mirrored Sai’s style, except it was a mixture of violets and slight shades of rose pink. The little girl opened her mouth, and instantly her giggly, airy voice sounded.
“I’m Halah! Please to meet you Pretty Girl!”

After that, a murmur sounded amongst Sai and Seiu, which to that Weiku quickly stood on his two feet and glared at the two and began to talk with them as well, this time not getting smacked by Sai for saying some thing useless. Halah then fluttered over to them- having small, dragon-like wings upon her back. After what seemed for a while… Sai smiled softly to her.

“What is your name?” To this, the girl could barely managed to gather herself… seeing all these strange creatures was making her a bit overwhelmed, but some how she managed to say some thing audible.

“I-uhhh… my name is Inyai.” Sai smiled and nodded, as Weiku rolled his eyes behind her back. Sai continued to speak…

“ I bet you are a bit confused… after all, you were almost eaten by a horrible demon until Weiku saved you. Halah, Seiu, Weiku and I believe that you indeed are the one who awakened us Protectors, so thus we must tell you of the Legend so you understand what consequences of awakening us has befallen upon you. We will tell you this and more… but in a more suitable environment. Do you understand?”

Sai was speaking to Inyai as if she were a child, but this obviously was the right approach to take for Inyai seemed to not be paying attention, and instead seemed to be just staring at them, dumbfounded.
“Inyai?” Sai questioned, but suddenly the poor girl trembled and with out warning, fell over, appearing to have fainted.

“Oh dear…” Sai said quietly, as Halah instantly flew over to Inyai, and tried to open her eyes with a stubby dragon finger.
“She’s DEAD!” Halah suddenly moaned, as Weiku, with an expression of annoyance to either Inyai or Halah, slowly walked over.
“She’s not dead you moron.” With that, Halah seemed to breath with a sigh of relief… which to that, Weiku added, “ She’s obviously dying of some poison from that demon.”
Seiu stood there silent, as Sai slapped herself in the face with an annoyed look at Weiku’s stupidity.
“ NO! She’s just fainted! The poor girl probably couldn’t handle all this information at once, after being attacked by a demon that almost killed her and probably scared her almost to death! Then with Weiku popping out of no where and treating the poor girl like rubbish! I can see how exausted she must be!”

Sai went over to Inyai to tend to her, as Weiku stood there, crossing his arms with an annoyed look down at the fainted Inyai.
“ I TOLD you we shouldn’t have made her our Awakener! Idiot girl…”
“SILENCE BAKA!” Sai growled, her voice booming as Weiku’s ears pricked at hearing him being insulted by her. Instantly he became furious at this comment, and he made a motion with his hand to grab at his sword, and probably chop Sai’s head off. However, Seiu stood behind Weiku and merely outstretched his hand and grabbed Weiku by the tip of his ear with two fingers. This held him there, while Weiku flailed his arms about wildly, trying to get at Sai to show her what he thought of her, with an expression of pure hatred upon his face.
“… kids.” Mumbled Seiu softly.

RaZoR LeAf
7th July 2003, 04:07 PM
Hai B4! You read my fic I read yours. It's really cool, I love the descriptions you use of the forest, it makes it even darker and claustrophobic that it already feels. I don't have much knowledge on the subject but it sounds like it based on Inuyasha (your favourite Anime at the moment I but the looks of things :D).

I can't wait to read the next part, the interaction between the characters bickering was really funny.