PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge(Ref needed)

Shadow Djinn
1st July 2003, 04:13 PM
Basic 2-2
Active and good ref
DQ: 2 weeks
Area:You choose

You choose first
I attack first

The Muffin Man
1st July 2003, 04:27 PM
well since I can't think of my 3rd battle...so I doubt I have one! I accept, and I'll be using one of my hopefully new approved Pokemon. I'll edit it in here in a moment.

Yumemiru
1st July 2003, 04:37 PM
<-- Ref.

The Muffin Man
1st July 2003, 06:05 PM
Alright, the arena...will be...Just the basic indigo arena. The dirt is soft and diggable, but not TOO soft where Earthquake and other Seismic Attacks will fail. About 5 feet under, the soft dirt becomes rocks, so it's very hard to dig too far below, and gain much momentum. There are a few random stones strewn about, approximately 5 feet tall, 10 feet around. They are stuck in the ground, and it will take considerable force to knock them out of the ground. The force of, say, a Tauros' Take Down attack...

;) Tht being said, I'll choose my male Tauros, Full Charge!

Yumemiru
1st July 2003, 06:08 PM
If you add stuff to it, it's not the 'basic Indigo arena' anymore. :Ţ

Shadow Djinn
1st July 2003, 06:23 PM
Ok..thanks to ASHarris for reffing and TMM...ok..now...battling..

Alright..let's go...Shade!

Sneasel(M)
Nickname: Shade
Signature:Claw of Darkness: As Shade concentrates deeply on his dark side, darkness surrounds his claws, crackling with energy. Opening his eyes when he wants to, he charges forward and slashes the enemy multiple times with his claws.
Type: Dark/Usage: Twice a battle/ Accuracy: 85%/Damage: 10%, /Effects: Takes 2 turns to do, 1 to charge up, one to slash.

There you go..and now..

Attacks

Shade..you're at a little of a disadvantage here since Tauros has some able Fire attacks to use...so first start with a Double Team. Next, blast a Toxic at him! Finish with a Ice Beam at a leg!

Double Team~Toxic~Ice Beam at any of Tauro's legs

The Muffin Man
1st July 2003, 06:57 PM
Ok, Tauros. First up, use Icy Wind to blow the Clones away as they appear! Next, use Protect to keep yourself safe from the Toxic attack! Finally, when he attempts to Ice Beam your leg, give it a full charge Take Down attack!!

Yumemiru
2nd July 2003, 11:56 AM
Two trainers walk out onto the not-so basic Indigo-style arena, poké balls in hand. Crimson beams reach out into the field, releasing the two eager-to-battle pokémon. A Sneasel stretches and flexes his slender claws as the Tauros opposite him snorts and paws at the ground. Attacks are issued with confidence, and the match begins.

Round I

Where once was one there now is five. Full Charge tosses his head at the multiple Sneasels. A gust of chilly air sweeps toward a few of them. Two disappear in the blast, but one looks on indifferently. The real Shade having been found out, the two remaining decoys fade back into nonexistance. Shade retaliates by spitting at his opponent. The bubbling glob of goo splatters onto a translucent, white shield in front of the Tauros. The shield flickers, then fades, leaving the sticky goop to puddle on the ground.

The big bull paws at the ground again, tossing his thick neck and backing up a few steps in the process. He rears, then charges with a cry, head lowered and braced for impact. But the impact comes sooner than expected. A jagged beam of ice collides with the charging Tauros, throwing him back and knocking him on his side. Oooh... that looks like it hurt. Full Charge scrambles back to his feet, swaying a bit from apparent dizziness. A thin layer of frost covers his head and the thick fur on his neck.

Current status:
Tauros: 84%, chilled and sore
Sneasel: 96%, fine

Blame the RNG.

The Muffin Man
2nd July 2003, 08:48 PM
Hmmm...Ok Tauros...Sneasels a tricky one. Step back to the edge of the Arena, and use Earthquake! If Sneasel looks like he's gonna jump, I want you to keep it in your sights at ALL times, and instead fire a Flamethrower off into the air! That's only IF Sneasel decides to jump and dodge. If Sneasel tries another Toxic, set up your Substitute to take it for you! 10% should do...finally, Tauros, since the Substitute will be up and ready to absorb hits, I want you to find that Sneasel before it trys any sneaky tricks and Stomp down on it!

EQ/Flamethroer - Substitute - Stomp

Shadow Djinn
2nd July 2003, 09:02 PM
Hm...ok Sneasel let's go play some strategy!

Shade, start off by using Agility to get up onto Tauros! Then, follow up with a Blizzard at him! If Full Charge has thrown you off by now, Quick Attack back on! If you're still on there, Ice Beam his horn!

Agility onto Tauros~Blizzard~Quick Attack/Ice Beam

Yumemiru
2nd July 2003, 09:21 PM
Round II

Tauros rears again and comes crashing to the ground, creating seismic disturbances that ripple out through the arena. The rocks shake violently, and one topples to its side. Eh... but where did that Sneasel go? Full Charge's eyes grow wide as he realizes what the added weight on his back signifies. With a furious buck Shade comes flying off, and he comically lands with a thud a few yards before the enraged Tauros. He leaps to his feet and hisses at the sour bull, summoning a localized ice storm to torment him. Tauros shivers as thick chunks of ice pelt his fur. Ugh. Damn pesky Sneasel.

The icy gusto finally subsides, leaving Full Charge nearly buckling with cold. He blinks momentarily, apprently pondering what it is he's supposed to do now. During his hesitation, Shade once again sneaks upon the bull. The rodeo isn't over. Cold or no, Full Charge will not tolerate this. Another rear and a strong buck sends the Sneasel hurdling back to the ground. Before he can get up, Full Charge is upon him, throwing his weight and fury into a sickening crunch. Ouch. That hurts me just looking at it.

Current status:
Tauros: 69%, freezing cold
Sneasel: 66%, on the ground, bruised and beaten

Shadow Djinn
3rd July 2003, 12:08 PM
Ok Shade let's go defensive this round.

First, Blizzard him, but if he goes for a Fire attack, Protect! Then, use a Spite and finish with an Ice Beam. However, if in any of the turns, he uses a fire attack, Protect!

Blizzard/Protect~Spite/Protect~Ice Beam/Protect

The Muffin Man
3rd July 2003, 07:32 PM
Alright Tauros! If he wants to wait us out, Flamethrower 3x!! Eventually Protects gonna fail since he's gonna try it consecutively...

Yumemiru
7th July 2003, 09:14 AM
Round III

Wasting no time, Full Charge spews forth a fiery mass of flames (flames are fiery, you know). The flames carry forward and hit a barely visible barrier, breaking off into five perpendicular rays of red fire before fading. Shade smirks. But the smug expression fades as yet another bout of fire comes his way. He frantically erects a second line of defense. It comes barely in time. This one shakes as it takes the attack, shattering almost immediately after the attack is completed. Panting, Shade does a double take and notices that there's yet another fiery menace to deal with. Struggling with his fatigue, he desperately tries to defend himself one more time. But apparently he failed, because the flames hit home. He grimaces as the fire consumes him. Ow. In an ironic gesture, the third translucent shield finally appears right after the fire subsides. But with its integrity flawed, it shatters almost instantly anyway.

Current stats:
Tauros: 69%, frosted, sweating freely
Sneasel: 49%, bruised and beaten, breathing hard

The Muffin Man
7th July 2003, 12:27 PM
Alright Tauros, use Double Team to spread your clones around the arena. Then, if it tries any ice attacks, use the strongest equivelant you have(I.e Blizzard - Fire Blast, Ice Beam or weaker - Flamethrower). If it doesn't use any Ice Attacks, use Horn Attack if it gets close, and Thrash if it gets on you. If it stays back and tries any evasive manuevers, send out a Thunderbolt. Finally, no matter what it does, I want you to use Earthquake to make the arena even LESS stable for Sneasel, and harder for it to run around on without being careful!

Double Team - Ice Beam or >, Flamethrower; Blizzard, Fire Blast/Horn Attack if Close, Thrash if on him, Thunderbolt if far away - Earthquake.

The Muffin Man
10th July 2003, 05:46 PM
you had 14 hours to come this battle. Sorry to say, I win via DQ...:\

I'll take my yen and evolve Elekid into Electabuzz.

Hexae
10th July 2003, 05:49 PM
Sorry to intrude, but if I'm not mistaken, the first post says 14 days, not hours. Two weeks. o_O Sorry again for interrupting..

Yumemiru
10th July 2003, 11:23 PM
Protip: weeks =/= days

It's sad that so many people this days are eager to disqualify their opponents.

Dark Templar 8 has until 11:27am CST on 07-21-2003 to post. It is approximately 11:25pm CST on 07-10-2003. There's a fair bit of time left, no?

EDIT: Wrong trainer. o_O

The Muffin Man
10th July 2003, 11:24 PM
it SAID hours when I checked...*glares in SOMEONES direction...they know who*

The Muffin Man
21st July 2003, 12:54 PM
A winnar is still me. And if i see it says 2 months, It's not gonna fly this time.

Yumemiru
21st July 2003, 01:52 PM
Confirmed. The Muffin Man wins by DQ. Woo.