PDA

View Full Version : Open Battle. 1 v 1. Ref needed. gl hf dd

crazybone
2nd July 2003, 05:57 PM
I'll send out first once my opponent is confirmed. Disqualification time is 1 week. To opponent: If you plan to leave this battle thread, or simply abandon ASB altogether, at least have the decency to post at least one round of attacks before you leave, so I can win by DQ. To ref: Be active, and if you plan to leave ASB, quit reffing, etc., have the decency to get me a new ref before doing so :x I'll let my opponent choose the arena.

Shadow Djinn
2nd July 2003, 06:20 PM
I'll ref this if you don't mind.

Hikaru
2nd July 2003, 06:36 PM
I'll face you.

crazybone
2nd July 2003, 06:56 PM
To Hikaru and Dark Templar 8: Agreed.

Hikaru, choose an arena so I can send out my Pokemon and begin. I wouldn't want to send out a Water-Type into a grassy enviroment, would I? :-->

Hikaru
2nd July 2003, 07:03 PM
Um.. How about a grass field?

crazybone
2nd July 2003, 08:40 PM
I choose Pancakes! [Machop] [Male]

Hikaru
2nd July 2003, 11:00 PM
Hm. I'm not sure how DT refs, so I'll roll the dice among my big bad basics..

Heracross, go!

(Male, no sig)

Simple, defensive round. Double Team, Earthquake, Harden.

crazybone
3rd July 2003, 07:50 PM
Pancakes, commence with a Substitute of your own to even out the clones of Heracross.

Then, toss up some seismic activity with Rock Slide. Hopefully, it'll do a thing or two to those pesky clones.

Finally, poison Heracross with Toxic.

Substitute~Rock Slide~Toxic

Shadow Djinn
4th July 2003, 01:23 AM
Meh...I'll get this up today or tommorrow...sorry for delay

crazybone
7th July 2003, 06:16 PM
Eh...? Hate to complain, but, eh, shall I get a sub-ref, as it seems you're a bit busy these days...?

Shadow Djinn
8th July 2003, 02:25 AM
Eep...sorry. >_<;. I gotta do a bit of summer projects...ill get it up in the morning...reaal sorry.

Yumemiru
8th July 2003, 04:01 PM
<--- Sub-ref.

Sweet. I've never reffed a battle with a Heracross.

Round I

The face off begins with defensive maneuvers of sorts. Heracross darts to and fro, using the cover of his blurred image to pop out a few faux bugs. Pancakes hardly take note as he fashions his own body double. This one's solid. Nyah to you, Heracross.

The big bad bug lifts his big bad foot and sends it to the ground. Turbulence erupts, knocking Pancakes and his doll off their feet and destroying the expendable images. Struggling back to his feet, Pancakes adds to the chaos by slamming his arm down at an angle. Dirt and larger chunks of earth spray out to Heracross. I don't think he likes that.

The quaking stops... Wow, look at this mess. Pancakes, who now sports a bruise on his right shoulder, spits some sticky purple stuff at Heracross. The goo hits gold, and has a bit of difficulty getting through it. The temporary armor isn't very permeable. But I think some got through, anyway.

Current stats:
Machop: 64%, sub active (12%), bruised
Heracross: 89%, perhaps mildly poisoned

EDIT: Typo. =\

crazybone
8th July 2003, 07:21 PM
Go at Heracross with a left, right, left, Fire Punch combo.

At any time he chooses to create more clones, use Rock Slide.

crazybone
11th July 2003, 06:14 PM
Uhm, Hikaru? ^_^ You still there?

Hikaru
11th July 2003, 06:24 PM
Sorry. You won't have time for sleeping... not with all the bedmaking you'll be doing...

Heracross, a quick-charge Hyper Beam to KO the sub, and then an Earthquake to throw Machop off... And then just fly up a little bit...

Hyper Beam ~ Earthquake ~ Hover

Charizard04621
12th July 2003, 07:36 PM
Erm, I've been asked to sub-ref?

Pancakes: 64%, sub active (12%), bruised
Heracross: 89%, mildly poisoned

Round 2

As the real Pancakes comes up from behind his opponent with a flaming fist, he gets the privilege of witnessing the Heracross completely annihilate his body double with a ray of crackling energy... He pounds his fist into the insect and quickly moves away, not wanting to be the next target of another of those assaults. It looked rather painful.

Almost immediately he realizes his mistake, for, in not attacking Heracross again as soon as possible, he loses his chance altogether. The ground erupts into a violent upheaval, and Pancakes gets thrown off his feet. He curses, but it's no use. He can't balance himself enough to get at the stupid bug that's shaking up everything.

Finally the tremors stop, and Pancakes scrambles to his feet. By that time, however, the Heracross is safely in the air with a smug expression on his face, hovering just far enough above him so that the Machop can't reach. Pancakes certainly doesn't appreciate that...

Pancakes: 50%, extremely embarrased and agitated, flushed
Heracross: 78%, mildly poisoned, panting heavily

crazybone
12th July 2003, 09:21 PM
Heracross can't Hyper Beam. That way, Pancakes wouldn't have moved away in fear of any one of those assaults, and would have gotten another Fire Punch in while Heracross wonders why is trainer would ask him to do that before he gets Earthquake in. 8)

Hikaru
13th July 2003, 05:08 PM
Heracross gets Hyper Beam in RuSaTo

crazybone
13th July 2003, 06:01 PM
They've incorporated RuSa learned RBYGSC existing moves to GSC now? Meaning my Rhydon can Megahorn and my Dragonite can Earthquake? Sweet.

Ok then, never mind. Resume battle as normal.

Hikaru
16th July 2003, 02:42 PM
Just dodge while in the air.. He's going to try fire attacks, so be on the lookout... Detect what you can.

crazybone
17th July 2003, 06:34 PM
Heracross will be alert despite his fatigue, so aim as accurately as possible when you use Rock Slide .

However, aim can only do so much; anticipate all his movements as well. For example, if Heracross constantly drives towards another direction to dodge the rocks, toss once directly at him, then at the pathway of the direction he will fly towards. If Heracross decides to evade your attacks by catching your rocks, try to throw faster so that there will be more rocks driving towards him than he can catch, and etc.

Lastly, you should have an idea of how Heracross detects and attempts evasion, so try to knock him down with another Rock Slide.

However, if at anytime Heracross returns to the ground from exhaustion or pain, Mega Kick him if he is in close range, Flamethrower him if he is at a distance. If he returns back to the air, resume your tossin’.

Rock Slide + Anticipate Heracross’ Movements / Rock Slide

Substitutions: Mega Kick (Nearby )/ Flamethrower (Far Away) if Heracross returns to ground level.

Hikaru, you don't mind if I continue finding a bunch of sub-refs for our battle, do you?

Cyrus
17th July 2003, 08:20 PM
I was asked to sub ref, if you wish I can continue.

Round Three:

Prebattle Stats:

Pancakes: 50%, extremely embarrassed and agitated, flushed
Heracross: 78%, mildly poisoned, panting heavily

Commands:

Pancakes: Rock Slide ~ Anticipate / Rock Slide
Heracross: Dodge / Detect ~ Dodge / Detect ~ Dodge / Detect

Battle:

Pancakes take his time aiming at his flying opponent. Loosing a volley of stones, the Heracross summons a supernatural awareness to dodge the rocks in the only way the insect can, diving. The young fighter notes this as he takes the time to observe how his opponent flies. It proves to be that his foe isn’t agile or able to achieve any sort of speed while in the air. The only technique that he possess to avoid an attack in mid air is easily adjusted for. Taking careful aim while being prepared for his opponent’s lone aerial trick, Pancakes pitches his second volley of rocks. While the nameless Heracross again attempts to dodge, this one hit wonder fails to accomplish the same effect, taking a large rock to the torso.

Post battle Stats:

Pancakes: 50%, extremely embarrassed and agitated, panting
Heracross: 61%, mildly poisoned, light fatigue

crazybone
21st July 2003, 07:24 PM
Okay Pancakes, we now have a chance of overturning the tide of this battle. Continue with your barrage of Rock Slides. If Heracross plans to stay in the air, it’ll get hammered. If it starts to maneuver once again, anticipate it just like you did the last round. If Heracross returns to the ground, continue using Rock Slide.

If you run out of rocks, resort to Flamethrower . However, if Heracross is at too much of a distance for you to successfully use Flamethrower without moving, do not pursue him. It may be a trap to another Earthquake.

At any time, if the opportunity presents itself that Heracross won’t be attempting to damage you or that you cannot pursue chase with Flamethrower, devour a few insects off the ground (That is what you eat, right? :x), or drink the dew off the blades of grass. Hopefully it’ll restore some energy.

Rock Slide x 3

Substitutions:
Anticipate Heracross’ movements once again on the second action if Heracross decides to attempt another round of evasion.

If your supply of nearby rocks depletes, resort to Flamethrower. However, do not Flamethrower Heracross if it requires you to move more than a meter or so.

At any time if Heracross stops trying to damage you, or if you cannot use Flamethrower, feel free to eat some insects (If they are poisonous, scientifically speaking, you shouldn’t get a tum-tum ache until a while :x) or drink the dew off the grass to hopefully recover some energy.

Hikaru
23rd July 2003, 09:15 AM
Time to go.

Turning the tides? Hardly.

Herakurosu, dive in with a Megahorn to Machop's chest. We need to stop this overuse a move, considering I have no idea how many rocks or left, or what the arena status is...

After the Megahorn, use Strength to perform a throw/takedown, and then claw away at its face.

Megahorn ~ Strength ~ Claw at face

Cyrus
4th August 2003, 03:07 PM
Round 4:

Prebattle Stats:

Pancakes: 50%, extremely embarrassed and agitated, panting
Heracross: 61%, mildly poisoned, light fatigue

Commands:

Pancakes: Rock Slide / Flamethrower / Eat ~ Rock Slide / Flamethrower / Eat / Anticipate ~ Rock Slide / Flamethrower / Eat
Heracross: Megahorn ~ Strength ~ Claw at face

Battle:

As Pancakes pitches the last of the available boulders at the rapidly approaching bug, he suffers an agonizing blow to the torso as the nameless Heracross’s horn drives Pancakes to the ground. As the Machop returns to his feet belching forth gout of flames, the Heracross grabs him by the bruised torso and pitches the faltering warrior back to the ground. Pancakes doesn’t even attempt to return to his feet with the insectoid warrior towering over, he simply releases another scorching gout of flames. Yet he finds it a frivolous action as the Heracross’s claws dig into his face, ripping deep gouges open.

Post battle Stats:

Pancakes: 20%, extremely embarrassed and agitated, light fatigue | Severely Bruised Ribs | Blind
Heracross: 25%, mildly poisoned, mild fatigue

crazybone
21st August 2003, 08:47 AM
Eh? Hikaru, your turn I believe.

Cyrus
1st September 2003, 07:03 PM
Would appear Crazybone's patience is up. DQ against Hikaru. 1 catch / evolution and 1 yen.