PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Your Pokemon Card Collections

Starry Might
2nd July 2003, 06:44 PM
The other day, I got the latest issue of "Nintendo Power" (July/August 2003). In the Pokecenter, they had an article about the new Pokemon-e TCG: EX Ruby & Sapphire cards. The magazine also had a couple of free EX cards: Groudon and Kyogre.

I have decided to make a poll about Pokemon card collections.

(1) Do you have any Pokemon cards?

(2) How many Pokemon cards do you have?

(3) Which ones are they? (If you have a HUGE collection, you don't have to name every single card you have...a general description of the kinds of cards in your collection will do. ;))

(4) Where do you keep your Pokemon cards?

My Answers:

(1) Yes. :D

(2) Let's see, 2, 4, 6, 8...14 cards.

(3) My cards are:

* "Mewtwo Strikes Back" Abra card from Burger King

* "Pokemon Trading Card Game" (the one for Game Boy and Game Boy Color) Flapper Card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Charmeleon from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Fossil Horsea from one of my cousins

* Pokemon TCG Vulpix from one of my cousins

* Pokemon TCG Jungle Jigglypuff from one of my cousins

* Pokemon TCG E3 Pikachu card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Promo Mewtwo card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Promo Team Rocket Dark Persian card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Promo Gym Leaders Sabrina's Abra card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Promo e-Reader Ho-oh card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Promo e-Reader Rapidash card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Promo EX Groudon card from "Nintendo Power"

* Pokemon TCG Promo EX Kyogre card from "Nintendo Power"

PHEW! :o (Also, as you can see, I don't purchase packs of cards...my cards come from other sources.)

(4) I keep my Pokemon cards (plus a couple of cards from "Mary Beth's Bean Bag World" magazine) in a card album-like thingy - it's gold and has Ho-oh on the front.

Your turn! ;)

Real One Barunson
2nd July 2003, 06:51 PM
1. yea

2. I got about 200, from a garage sale last month they were in a box that was $15. It was good deal.

4. I keep them in a small suitcase.

Mew Trainer Rose
2nd July 2003, 07:17 PM

OH, yeah...

last time i counted, it was over 400. i probably have close to 500 by now. :P

(3) Which ones are they? (If you have a HUGE collection, you don't have to name every single card you have...a general description of the kinds of cards in your collection will do. )

I have something from every series (Base, Fossil, Jungle, Base 2, Rocket, Gym Heroes, Aquapolis, ect...), a few in German (got 'em in a package with a bunch of other packs and a couple decks for $20 at Toys R Us. there was a pack of E-reader Japanese cards there, too :P ) and several promos.

Freshman year of high school, when i had less than a hundred, i made a ceramic box for them. I thought I'd never fill it. Now, 4 years later, i made another box in Wood Shop because the first was overflowing. :P plus my sis and i put several in plastic sleeves and practically wallpapered a small section of our room with them. ^_^

Ultarius
2nd July 2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Starry Might
(1) Do you have any Pokemon cards? How many Pokemon cards do you have?

(2) Which ones are they? (If you have a HUGE collection, you don't have to name every single card you have...a general description of the kinds of cards in your collection will do. ;))

Base Set, Jungle, Fossil, Base Set 2, Rocket, and about 11 Neo. Plus the e-Card that came with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

(3) Where do you keep your Pokemon cards?

A binder.

Silent Dragonfly
2nd July 2003, 09:36 PM

Yes

Dunno, more than 200?

(3) Which ones are they? (If you have a HUGE collection, you don't have to name every single card you have...a general description of the kinds of cards in your collection will do. )

I got the complete first set, (until some kid stole one of the valuable ones) just as a collection. I didnt play the game with them. The rest are just random ones people gave to me.

What was a complete set (grr.... stupid theif) I keep in a folder with sheets that have space for 18 cards. The rest of them are just piled up in a corner.

homeofmew
2nd July 2003, 10:09 PM
I prolly have around 1000 Cards.
- my most prized cards-
Mewtwo EX
Charizard Base 1
Mew Fossil, JP
Slaking holo
Mighteyna holo
BLazkin holo
____'s Pikachu
Pichu E1
Gengar Fossil 1st ed.
I have all the #ed poekmon basicly, I am missing unown r (coro coro mag)

IF ANYONE HAS UNOWN R CONTACT ME! AIM: fumidasukoto, fumidasukoto@entouch.net
I have a good record of trading on pojo ( I don't think that counts ;-; ) will pay or trade practically anything, like EX Lapras or EX Chansey. I will also trade Yu GIi Oh Cards (Is desprate)

erm ya

I keep the commons/ uncommons in shoe boxes, rares- rv holos/ holos in one binder- 1st ed, shadowless in another, and the #ed collection in my main binder.

pokemasterfrank
2nd July 2003, 11:12 PM

Hell yeah :o

Probably thousands o_o.

O_O Tons, Base Set, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Base Set 2, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation, Neo Destiny, Legendary collection. Doubles of most cards. 100s of Grass energy X_X. I have grass energy pouring out of my ears x_x. dozens of different types of energys, a few holos...two Shining Charizards :D.

Binder, a felt bag, and numerous boxes that used to hold preconstructed Pokemon Decks :O

Pichu
2nd July 2003, 11:20 PM

Uh... Yes, .... but...

3... Exactly 3. THREE cards. :O

A Mewtwo card, a pikachu card and a Unown J card.
I got them at the movies and when I buy the DVDs.. ;[

In a small basket in my room. :o

Edit: OOPS! I forgot to delete someone's else post.

Andrew
3rd July 2003, 02:09 AM
1) Do you have any Pokemon cards?

-Yes. One.

-See above.

- Its an Articuno one with a move called Powder Snow. Its pretty crap IMO. Its apparently rare.

- Right now its in the video cuboard, in between my various Buffy tapes and my N64 Games.

midnightangel
3rd July 2003, 12:42 PM
Yes, I have an good sized collection of Pokemon cards

Between 200 and 300 cards, give or take a few ;)

I have a selection from the Base, Base 2, Neo, Rocket, Fossil, Jungle, Gym Heroes collections plus some Japanese Pocket Monster cards from when I bought a big boxed set from Toys R Us last year
I also have the entire Southern Islands collection--got it from Toys R Us when I got the boxed set ;)

Right now I'm keeping them in the 18-card sleeves in a white notebook that sits on my shelf above my bed

Dr_Omicron
3rd July 2003, 03:13 PM

Of course. I wouldn't be anmswering these if I didn't.

Thousands.

A whole bunch of them up to Aquapolis. Unfortunately, I'm not getting very many sueful rares.

In individual card sleeves. I'm facing an EXTREME shortage, so until I get more, I'm not getting any more cards. Why individual? play them, silly!

Crystal Mew
3rd July 2003, 06:48 PM
1. Yes I do :o

2. Erm.....I might have as much as 300 =O Even if I wasn't really a collector..I still bought the cards

3. Yano, Basic,jungle,fossil,Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Base Set 2, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation,and pretty much all the Promos...I kinda stopped after neo revelation..hehe
plus the cards that I REALLY love, are the Southern Islands cards...english AND Japanese
:>

4. they are in sleeves in pokemon binders..lol, and they are kept in a shelf underneath my tv, thats a night table :)

ILikePokemonP
4th July 2003, 04:29 AM

To my knowledge yes...

Probably about a thousand. I've never counted.

I haven't bought any in a year or more mainly because the league only lasted a year here and nobody I know collects. Anyways I have all of base + jungle and some of my promos are the 9 world pikachus, poketour 1999 pikachu, all the first movie promos, dark charmeleon with a w on it that came from a cheese packet (got it on my first try as well :)) and prerelease gyarados.

Double commons and uncommons go in a box and all my other cards are in a folder with lots of stickers on it.

Edit: I just remembered as I put my folder away, I have an unopened 9 world pikachus folder on my shelf. Might be worth something maybe...

Jay
4th July 2003, 04:54 AM

Erm... yes? O.o

Last count was 8,120, but I continuously count them and come up with 10 more, sometimes a few less. O_o

I have all the basic, jungle, fossil and gym leader cards. I have loads and loads and loads of doubles of all of them; I think the least I have the same is three and that's of a holographic Charizard in the basic set.

They're stored in a steel cabinet in another room. It takes up a few drawers, so yeah. I don't collect them anymore though; never was really a collector.

Katie
4th July 2003, 02:51 PM
1. yep
2. last I counted (around 6th grade) I had around 850, and since then I've bought a few more, totaling up to over 1000, dunno how much though. maybe I'll count them when I'm bored sometime.
3. all the base (except someone stole my chansey T_T), almost all from all the sets up to the japanese neo.. that's about the time I stopped collecting. I have maybe 40 from that series .-. then hundreds and hundreds of doubles :<
4. I have a drawer in my dresser dedicated to all my old pokemon stuff: cards, gameboys/games/link cable, toys, etc. I keep the cards in 4 cases (binders don't hold enough IMO >=() the holos are in little plastic sleeve thingies. really the only reason I still have these is for reference in my drawings =/ I have them all in numerical order, if I have more than one of the same pokemon I order them according to which picture I like more ^_^ the cases are all for different things too, one for energies, one for trainers, one for one of each (pokemon) card, and one for doubles (had to use this one plus it's lid to hold all of them...)

yah =o

~Katie

Avian Freeze
4th July 2003, 02:58 PM
1. Yeah I do

2. Um...I think maybe about 1000. I used to buy like crazy, and then I stopped when I got bored and broke ._.. I stopped after Neo Destiny. I have plenty of English AND Japanese cards, including Southern Islands. I don't collect anymore and I rarely play.

3. I have cards from Base, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Base Set 2, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation, and Neo Destiny. Dunno what Aquapolis is o.o. My favorite would have to be Rocket's Mewtwo, which is still in mint condition ;D, I think o_O.

4. I keep them in this REALLY large binder that I keep in my drawer. Very heavy x_x.