PDA

View Full Version : Championship Manager

Adz44
4th July 2003, 10:43 AM
I think Championship Manager is the best football (a.k.a. soccer) management game out there. I don't why, it's just very addictive. I can spend hours playing that game without noticing the time going by. lol

I have Championship Manager 4 and I like the new 2D pitch feature they've included. Now the matches are even more interesting. It's also much easier to point out where the tactics are going wrong and who's playing very well.

At the moment, I'm the manager of Everton (of course lol) and I'm currently in 9th place. In the first part of the season, I spent a lot of time at 1st place. I was giving some teams a good 4-0 thrashing. Before the new year, though, the team began to slump a bit. I almost beat Arsenal 2-1, but the side let in 2 late goals. Well, it's now January and the team seems to be picking up again. I've just made it to the 4th round of the FA Cup and I hope to go far in it.

My current top goal scorer is Kevin Campbell (my favourite player in "real-life"). He's scored 15 so far (most of them from headers). Wayne Rooney has been playing well. I have quite a reliable defense too.

Does anyone else here play CM? If so, what do you think of it and how is your current team doing at the moment?

RAD_Slash
4th July 2003, 02:40 PM
I have CM4 but I don't play it anymore, I get too frustrated when I lose a game so i figured it would be best to stop playing.

CM97/98 with my Torino save though will always be my best memories of CM. ^.^

woz
4th July 2003, 03:41 PM
yes, i've played previous championship managers, but i found the best football management sim i found was on my old amiga 500 where you picked your team for the week, took part in the transfer market, all the competitions, etc and you watched each match...the crowd used to cheer if any team scored...i did quite well for a couple of seasons (managed to take a division 3 team to mid table division 1), but i lost the disk so i put my old amiga away...haven't played a better game yet.