PDA

View Full Version : The Siren League

Aj the helldog
9th July 2003, 12:20 AM
The Siren League

Introduction

It’s a hot summer day in the City of Rovain, A young man will start his journey through the Siren League. Unlike the other leagues the Siren League has18 gyms (17 types/1 Random) and the Registration age is 16 for anyone. The Young man mentioned earlier is nothing more then a deserted youth, At the age of 5 his father left his mother and him and Then at the age of 13 the young mans mother died in a tragic car accident. Since then that young man has lived in an abandoned warehouse with his faithful pet Vulpix awaiting the day he could travel the Siren league and make a name for himself, His name is AJ Burner and this is his journey …………….

Chapter 1 Finally Time!

BOOM!! The dark room suddenly exploded into brightness as a small red vulpix releases a rather rude awake up call to it’s trainer. VULPIX! THAT HURTS! I shouted from my resting place on the floor which was now Black and ash covered from Cinder’s (Vulpix) fiery assult on me. Atleast you woke me up huh? Pix Pix Replied the Fox-like creature that was now standing at the closet awaiting his trainer to change into his stolen clothing. I hated to steal cinder but I can’t go on this journey looking like a bum. I grabbed a pair of boxers and Jean Shorts from the ground and took a plain black shirt off of the metal line that I had strung across the room in an attempt to make a clothing rack. After washing up and putting on my clothes and shoes on I grabbed the old tattered backpack that harbored more stolen clothing I had taken for this journey. “Ok Cinder have to go to the Pokemon Center to register and then the nurse there will give me a pokedex and spare pokeballs to start with” I said to the uninformed Vulpix that stood at my heels as we exited our warehouse home. Cinder started to walk in the direction of the pokemon center and now it was my time to follow. “ You know that once we leave town you’ll be following me right?” I ask trying to catch up to Cinder who had dashed up ahead of me. PIX! Cinder said in a sarcastic reply before stopping at the entrance of the local pokemon center. Rovain’s Pokemon center was pretty neat looking, It resembles an egg in shape but in red and white with freshly cleaned glass doors shining. Cinder and I entered to see a rather familiar face. A girl about my age turned to greet me, her sweet red hair brushed her shoulder and the sight of her made me a little weak in the knees. “Hi Joy’ I said in a rather good mood for being up at 8 AM. “ Well hi there AJ, I suppose this is the day for you huh? She ask staring at me with her bright blue eyes. “Yea I’m here for you to register me!” I said with enough pride to almost knock Cinder from his perch on the counter. “Well then let me enter your information and then I’ll bring you your pokedex and pokeballs” she said as she started to type on her computer. “Ok I’ll go sit on the couch” I answered with a yawn. The couch referred to was more like a bed for me, I immediately laid down upon the leather couch and relaxed for a little while.
Hours Later………….

Mr. Burner I’m all done with your registration! Joy said happily. “Finally” I said picking myself up off the couch and taking the Charcoaled colored pokedex and empty pokeballs from the nurse. “You ready to go Cinder?” I ask walking towards the door where the little fox awaited me. PIX! It replied now standing at my heals and looking West towards the route to Aztec City (the first City with a gym in the Siren League). Let’s go Cinder!

End Of Chapter One

DannyBoy
9th July 2003, 12:28 AM
Ok...pretty good start. You are doing ok.Um first you should make your chapters a bit longer and full fo description. It sounds original so far with the idea of already having a poke and regeristing. Then the idea of 18 gyms. That is a lot and haven't seen any fic with 18 gyms so this is going to be a long fic and thats good if you keep right on track with the length and description and keep readers intrested. This is in first person and thats good to see only a few fics I can see with first perosn. Hope this helped if you need mroe go to the writers lounge and go to the thread about writing a good trainer fic and that should help some more. Keep it up!

Captain Pringle
9th July 2003, 01:29 AM
IloveX-TINA is right on. ;) Also, try breaking up the chapter into paragraphs. That makes it a lot easier to read.

And 18 gyms is... a lot. :P

Nice start, keep workin' on it and it will be great! :)

Aj the helldog
9th July 2003, 04:45 PM
IloveX-TINA: thanks for the tips, they were very helpful!

Captain Pringle: Thank for th encouragement, it helps to know a great writter like yourself on myside.

Chapter 2: Small finds on a LONG route!

“Cinder we’ve been on this route forever an now it seems like we’re going up hill!” I exclaimed to my exhausted companion as we continued to venture on the Western route towards Aztec City and our first Gym Challenge. The route was surrounded by small woodlands that had various types of trees that towered overhead like giants. In the distance I could hear the call of Pidgeys and Spearows but neither of them interested me enough to make me run through the enormous forest to find the source.

Suddenly I heard a scratching noise about 10 kilometers away. “We should investigate that Cinder it might be a pokemon!” I said getting into a crouching position and slowly moving towards the bushes where I had heard the noise raise from. Slowly peeking over the bush a saw a small black wolf-like creature scratching it’s paw against the enormous tree trunk of a Redwood. I cautiously took out my pokedex and pointed it at the small creature.

POOCHYENA, THE BITING POKEMON. an omnivore - it will eat anything. A distinguishing feature is how large its fangs are compared to its body. This POKéMON tries to intimidate its foes by making the hair on its tail bristle out. Said the electronic voice of my pokedex.

“Ok Cinder go, we’re going to catch this one!” I said finally standing up.

Upon making the order, Cinder ran toward the horror struck Poochyena and delivered a devastating Quick Attack causing the Poochyena into the tree it was scratching. Sore but not beaten the Poochyena stood ready to attack. The two wild canine pokemon faced off against each other awaiting the other to make a move. Finally patience was broken and the wild Poochyena lounged at Cinder and managed to sink it’s razor-like teeth into Cinder left shoulder causing Cinder to release a pain stricken shrill. Poochyena know aware of the switch in momentum, struck Cinder again with a tackle attack. Picking himself off the ground cinder managed to release a fire spin attack, which quickly surrounded Poochyena and released it’s full fury upon him like a hurricane would upon the ocean. As the flames died down I saw the now fainted Poochyena laying on it’s side.
“Great job Cinder, Now Pokeball Go!” I cried heaving the red and white ball at the fainted hound before me. The ball started to rumble back and forth uncomfortably for and few seconds and then stopped moving. I had caught Poochyena!

Gently I picked up Cinder and congratulated him for a great battle. “ Great job Cinder now you deserve a rest.” I said taking Cinder’s pokeballl off my belt and recalling the battle weary fox. With that I clipped Cinder’s pokeball to my belt and hurled Poochyena’s pokeball to release the newest friend in my team. Poochyena stood eyeing me for a few minutes before it approached me and allowed me to gently stroke him on his head. “Hi there buddy, my names AJ and I’ll be your new trainer” I said picking up the little hound. “How about a name for you huh?’ I ask patting him on the head even more. “chyena” It replied turning it’s furry black head towards me. “Well since you’re a dark type and your black how about Shadow as a name?” I ask to get his approval on the name. The reply I got was a howl and a lick from the little furball. “I’ll take that as a yes then” I replied setting him down on the ground and patting him on his head one last time. “Ok Shadow return” I said as the red beam shot out and drew in the small canine. And with that I started my hike up hill to Aztec City.

Many hours had past since I captured Shadow and started to hike up the hill to Aztec City and now finally I had arrived in the city limits! The city was huge, surrounded by a mountain range known as the Ramon Mountain Range. The city was known for it’s nice family atmosphere and for it’s gym, which I intended on visiting very soon but first I had to stop at the Local Pokemon Center to heal Cinder and Shadow and get some vital training in.

The Pokemon Center here was way different from the one back home. It was tall like a Skyscraper and made entirely of glass, but no doubt at the top there was the traditional pokeball.
As I walked into the center I noticed it had a huge lobby with many long comfortable looking couches to rest on. Rest what a good idea! I could rest while Shadow and cinder are being healed! Happy with my new idea, I walked toward the front counter and rang the shiny silver bell the lay arrest upon the counter. “Just a second please” called a females voice from the backroom of the center. A few minutes passed by and then it was her Joy. “Joy how did u get here so fast?” I ask in confusion. “Oh silly don’t you know that a joy runs every pokemon center through out the various leagues?” I replied looking at me blankly. “Ummmmm…. Of course I did” I replied trying to hide my stupidity. “Can you heal my Poochyena and Vulpix please?” I ask unclipping the pokeballs from my belt and holding them in clear eyesight. ‘Why of course.” She replied taking the balls and running to the back room the heal the pokemon inside. I turned and laid on the nearest couch to get a few minutes of shut eye.

When I awoke Cinder and Shadow were playing in the lobby and their pokeballs were resting on the counter. I sat up and let out a yawn. “What are you two doing I ask getting up and clipping their pokeballs to my belt. The two of them ran towards me and began to lick my face. “Come on get down guys” I said patting them on the heads. “ We need to go train” I said as I got up and started to walk towards the doors with the canines at my feet.

The sun was about to set and the city was growing quite. As we entered the woods Cinder and Shadow drew closer to my legs. “ Ok guys lets just stop at that clearing up ahead and stay there and train for the night.” I said looking down at the excited faces of Shadow and Cinder. “ Tonight we train!” I said looking at my two friends.

End Of chapter two

DannyBoy
9th July 2003, 04:51 PM
Good Chapter. I think you are starting to ge the hang of things. Still need a little work on description but its still only the beginning. It took me awhile to get a hang of things I think you will soon. Ok pokemon capture. COuld have been a little longer. Also you should do a little describing of the surrounding areas and stuff and that should be good. Maybe a little longer. If you have word try to start with a page then try for 2 and 3. I don't know if you started but planning also helps. SO if your not doing it yet I recommend it. Keep it up!

Craig
10th July 2003, 04:06 PM
I read chapter 1, and then noticed Chapter 2 was alot better, I really liked the city named "Aztec City" it has a certain ring to it, 18 gyms might be ..alot but a nice concept (17 types, and 1 RANDOM super fun gym)

keep up the good work :yes:

Aj the helldog
26th July 2003, 04:28 AM
Sorry everyone I know It's been rather long and boring wait but I've had alot of complecations in the last weeks that have stopped the writting process for the next chapter. I do promise it will be up in the next couple of days however! Thank you for your patience ad understanding.

Aj the helldog
26th July 2003, 06:51 AM
Sorry to double post but......................

Finally here's the next Chapter enjoy!

Chapter 3

Battle for the artic badge

It has been 3 days since I arrived here in Aztec City and since then I have been training Shadow and Cinder in the vast grasslands near the Metropolis known as Aztec City.

“Ok before we go to the gym, I want to go see what’s in the pokemart here!” I said looking up at the tall building that stood in front of me. It was a skyscraper at the least and the reflection from it’s shining glass window’s nearly blinded me. As I walked through the revolving door I saw a map of the floors between the two elevators.

Floor 1: Pharmacy
Floor 2: Healing goods
Floor 3: Pokeballs
Floor 4: Nursery
Floor 5: Lounge

“What’s Nursery mean?” I ask myself aloud. Suddenly a tall, thin, beautiful brunette turned her attention to me. “The nursery has abandoned baby pokemon for sale, it’s the only one to ever be out in a pokemart. It’d probably be a good idea to take a look there.” She said playing with a loose strand of her waist length hair. “ Ummm…..thank you, I’ll do that” I replied trying not to show a blush. I turned and entered the elevator and pressed the button to go to the forth floor, which shined a vibrant yellow upon contact. The Elevator traveled up slowly making a light humming sound on the way up the floors. When we came to the forth floor the elevator doors opened revealing a large pink room with small first stage pokemon running about it. I entered the room and was greeted by the beautiful brunette from downstairs. “How can I help you sir?” She ask looking at me with a smile shining across her face. “I’m just kind of browsing.” I said starting to walk across the room. As I looked around my eyes fell upon an ekans, rattata, pikachu, and in one lone corner of the room sat a small sheep pokemon that truly interested me. I took out my charcoaled colored pokedex and aimed it at the Sheep.

“Mareep, The wool pokemon, If static builds in its body, the size of it’s fleece will double and touching it will shock you!” The electronic voice said before I placed it back in my pocket.

“Wow sounds pretty neat, Miss how much for that Mareep?” I ask turning to the brunette, who was now playing with a rattata. She turned to me and looked at the pokemon in question. “That Mareep is 50 dollars.” she said quickly. “Why so low?” I hesitantly asked. “That Mareep was abandoned and beaten whenever we got it here, now we just want it to have someone good to befriend it.” She said walking over to her cash register. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my black leather billfold and opened it. Knowing I had enough I pulled out two twenties and a ten. “Can I purchase it please” I said holding out the money. She grabbed a ball off the shelf behind her and recalled Mareep. “Here you go sir, please take good care of him!” With that I entered the humming elevator and took the ride to the first floor where I exited the building.

I stood in the middle of gray concrete sidewalk with Mareep’s pokeball in hand. Go Mareep! I yelled as I hurled the ball towards the ground. Just before the pokeball was about to come in contact with the rough gray pavement, it burst open and revealed a small golden sheep pokemon that was just above my kneecaps on all fours. “Hi there Mareep I’m AJ and I’ll be your new trainer.” I said in a rather corny tone as I crouched down to eye level with the little sheep. “Reep!” It replied in a seemingly happy tone. “Well I guess if you’re my newest friend you’ll need a name huh?” I ask petting Mareep’s beautiful golden fleece, I as I rubbed my hand against the wool, I could feel an electric force. Then I got an idea; we’ll call it a jolt of brilliance. “Your fur generates static electricity so how bout we call you Static?” I ask the Golden sheep. Mareep had an intense look on it’s face as it seemingly weighed the pros and cons of this name, and then he looked up at me with it’s innocent brown eyes and smiled for the first time since I had purchased it.

It was now late in the afternoon I had spent the day playing with Cinder, Shadow, and Static. The three of them seemed to be very happy around each other. “Guys I think it’s time we go to the gym here, what do ya say?” I ask the three feisty pokemon. They looked up at me with their proud faces and nodded with approval and with that I returned each of them into their pokeballs and started off for the gym. The route to the gym from my campsite was not a difficult one at all, in fact it took a whole ten minutes to get there. I looked at the gym that stood in front of me. It was a large building in the shape of a Glacier and made out of double-sided glass to give it the appearance of ice. I began to enter the gym when a breeze of frozen wind hit me. “I guess it’s safe to say this is an ice gym!” I said to noose in particular, but I got a reply. “You would be correct on that one, this is the ice gym of Aztec City, and I am Steffaney the leader of this gym and the women you must beat for an Artic Badge.” A loud voice called out from the other end of the ice-covered battlefield. Steffaney was a slender girl about 5’7 and was gorgeous, her long Ice blue hair came down to her waist and she had a smile that would send shockwaves through your body. “ My name Is AJ Burner and I would like to challenge you for an Artic Badge” I murmured has I continued to follow the curves of her form. The battle will be 3 on 3, no time limit.

With those words I reached down and grabbed my first pokeball. “Time to shine buddy, Go Shadow!” I said hurling the pokeball into the arena. Shadow stood proud in the middle of the battlefield awaiting his first challenger, his grayish black fur dangled against his side as he got into an attacking stance. “ A Poochyena huh? Well I have something for him!” she said smirking as she reached into a bag that lay arrest on her hip. “ Go Swinub!” She said carelessly tossing the ball onto the field as if to gesture me as a pushover. The ball shot open to reveal a brown furry creature that oddly enough resembled a pig.

“Shadow Let’s start this off with a tackle attack!” I said to the waiting wolf. Swinub counter its tackle with your tackle! Steffaney cried out from across the battlefield. With that said the two battlers charged at each other full speed, when they made contact with one another they came to a rather abrupt stop, both of them tried to gain the upper hand but it seemed to be futile.

“Swinub hurl that wonder pup up in the air.” Steffaney said with a rather smug smirk on her face. “Shadow grab onto Swinub with your bite attack and don’t let go.” I called out to my dueling dark-type. Swinub did as instructed and attempted to hurl Shadow into the air but was stopped short whenever Shadow dug his teeth into the wooly flesh of the poor little Swinub, who was now letting out it’s cries of disapproval on the matter. Each time Swinub tried to break free Shadow dug it’s mighty teeth into the little creature further. Finally Steffaney broke her rather enjoyable silence. “Swinub use your endure to break free.” And with that a purple presence surrounded Swinub and enabled it to break free of shadow death wrenching grip on him. Shadow seemed more ready then anyone had expected, because upon his sudden loss of grip he slammed his left shoulder into Swinub and slammed the hairy little ice pig out of the match.

Steffaney recalled her fallen pokemon with a rather hasty attitude. “ Maybe I underestimated that little mutt, but this time I won’t, Seel your next!” She said tossing her second pokeball into the field. Out of this pokeball arose a small white Seal like creature, the horn on its head was probably slightly bigger then my pinky finger but I know there had to be great risk. “Shadow you’re out sized and out weighed so we have to be careful here!” I called out to the small Poochyena, which only gave a slight nod in reply. The two pokemon stood gazing at each other with such intensity that I mad me tense! “Seel give that little mutt an ice beam, that should shut it down!” Steffaney called to the awaiting Seel. “Shadow use Faint Attack” I called out in reply. In no time at all Shadow disappeared and reappeared connecting with it’s faint attack, but it was great with a head butt attack an then an Ice beam square in it’s face freezing the dark wolf. “ No Shadow!” I said in obvious disbelief on what had just transpired. I recalled the Poochyena and started to think on whom the send out next to battle the almost full strength Seel. “HAHA you tried to use a physical attack on my skilled Seel!” I heard steffaney’s loud mouth rang across the field like bells on a Sunday.

“I’ll give you something to warm up too! Go Cinder!” I grabbed my red and black pokeball that held Cinder and hurled it into the field. Cinder stood gazing at the Seel in front of him and smirked his foxy smirk. “Cinder if they want to play a game of long range attacks then we’ll play that game, start off by giving that Seel a Confuse ray attack! I ordered quickly. Cinder then focused his energy and released a beam of light that shot toward Seel but stopped short of him. “Huh what happened?” I ask stunned. “it’s called a safeguard attack, Seel knows what to do whenever it’s opponent tries something like that!” Stef said now sticking her tongue out at me. “Grrrrrr……. Cinder use your ember attack to heat Seel up!” I called out loudly. Cinder took in a deep breath and then shot out a small patch of flames. “Try to dodge it Seel!” Stef cried out quickly. Seel managed to get its head and torso out of harms way but its tail became a victim to Cinder’s flames causing a rather painful burn. “Haha good job Cinder now hit it with a quick attack.” Cinder struck quickly and was greeted with a head butt after the fact. “ Cinder don’t let it use Ice beam, Fire Spin now!” I cried out almost desperately. Cinder immediately shot a rotating flame into Seel’s face and let the small ice type become engulfed in the raging storm of flames. As the flames died down Seel lay on his side motionless. “Great job Cinder one more to go!” I cried out to Cinder who was almost ecstatic over the sudden shift in momentum.

“Your Luck ends now! Go Sneasel!” Stef Shouted in obvious anger over the falling of her Seel. A Dark cat-like pokemon walked onto the field out if the shadows from behind Stef. It was not of great height or weight but it’s claws looked just plain gruesome. “ Cinder be Careful” I whispered under my breath. A smirk came across the Sneasel’s face, is it possible it heard that! “Sneasel Faint attack then Fury Swipes!” Stef said coldly as she looked at me and Cinder. “Cinder try to protect yourself” I cried out. Sneasel disappeared and reappeared behind Cinder. It took this opportunity to gaze back at me with it’s evil smirk then it dug it’s long claws into Cinder’s back, not once or twice or even three times, but at least four. Sneasel stood over the fainted form of Cinder with a look of disgust on it’s face. “Cinder No Return buddy!”

“That Sneasel is evil!” I thought to myself “Can Static take this thing down if Cinder Couldn’t?” “ I have to believe.” I looked upon the battlefield and smirked at the Sneasel that had just thrashed my best friend. To my surprise it caused the demon cat’s ear to twitch. “ Go Static!” I yelled hurling my last hope on to the field. Static stood on the field with pride, no fear was shone in it’s hazle colored eyes as it stared at it’s opponent. “Static use your Thundershock attack” I ordered. Sneasel being weary from thrashing Cinder couldn’t move fast enough to escape the electric assult and then Sneasel disappeared again. “Static turn around and use a swift attack!” I ordered. As predicted Sneasel tried to attack from behind again but was greeted with a barrage of Stars and then he meet Static’s forehead buried into his abdomen. Sneasel sank to it’s knees in pain. “Now or never Static use one last Thundershock.” I ordered rapidly. Again the Sneasel took an Electrical assult but unlike last time it lay motionless on the ground unable to move! “Oh my, Sneasel return” Steffaney said in disbelief. “Static we did it” I called out running to him and hugging him tightly, allowing his golden fleece to rub against my face. Steffaney approached me and to my surprise cracked a smile. “AJ I believe this is yours.” She said opening her hand to reveal a snowball shaped badge. I looked at her and took the badge gently. “Thank you” I said calmly, and with that I recalled Static and ran to the nearest pokemon center to heal my three tremendous warriors.

An hour had passed, but the nurse finally walked over and placed the three pokeballs in my hand. I was still amazed over the fact that we had won our first badge. I release them the show them the prize of our battle. “Well that’s one down seventeen more to go.” I said with a bit of a laugh. “How bout we go get some food and take the rest of the day off then tomorrow we start on our way to Vina City?” I ask them eagerly. As expected the word food got them to agree and we were off to grab a bite at the campsite and get some rest because tomorrow we leave Aztec and start more adventures!

DannyBoy
26th July 2003, 02:35 PM
That was a much better chapter. I can see you worked on this one and it was good. Length was good and description was ok. The gym battle was good to. He is a strong trainer and that was a tough gym leader. keep it up!

Aj the helldog
28th July 2003, 01:49 AM
Hey everyone I'm working on the next Chapter but i would really like to have somemore reviews before I post it so please review this for me!