PDA

View Full Version : Togetic In The Anime

Aureon
24th December 2002, 11:15 AM
When do you think it will finally be shown?

Jon UKX
24th December 2002, 11:21 AM
I think it will be shown when Misty returns, but what about Porygon2 it hasn't appearanced yet.

Aureon
24th December 2002, 11:35 AM
I always thought they'de show Porygon 2 along with Porygon and a Porygon 3 in Houen, but that won't happen...Some people say they won't show Porygon 2 because of the ep with it's pre evo! Why would they make more pokemon that probably won't be shown in the anime?

Apart from that Togetic has been purposely left out of the Johto GS Poke-fest. It would be nice if Misty returned with Togetic telling the story of how it evolved...

Gary Warrior
24th December 2002, 01:21 PM
i dont thinks its gonna evolve cuz you have to be nice to it for it to evolve and it is my opinion that Misty has no soul and therefor cant be nice enough to it for it to evolve into togetic.

The Rusted One
24th December 2002, 03:13 PM
Why do you say that Togetic has been purposely left out of the anime, Aureon? I mean, it hasn't appeared, sure, but then, that's nothing to go by. I mean, Ampharos is yet to appear in the anime too.

Purasuru
24th December 2002, 03:25 PM
Didn't Ampharos appear in the Fight For The Light episode?

The Rusted One
24th December 2002, 03:44 PM
Okay, shhhh, you, I haven't seen that one. But still, there are countless other pokemon that haven't appeared in the anime. Like Qwilfish. And Jumpluff. And Sneasel. Delibird, Octillery, Tyrogue, and Magby.

Zak
24th December 2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
Okay, shhhh, you, I haven't seen that one. But still, there are countless other pokemon that haven't appeared in the anime. Like Qwilfish. And Jumpluff. And Sneasel. Delibird, Octillery, Tyrogue, and Magby.

*SPOILERS*

Qwilfish was in Whirl Islands and Ryuuji's Gym

Jumpluff was in Pokemon 4 Ever, in the background. Also in the one where Larvitar hatches, as well as the "Case of the missing Egg" ep

Sneasel was in P4E, and Hazuki had one

Delibird was in Pika Winter Vacation 3, and it follows TR around.

Octillery was in the Whirl Islands

Tyrogue was in Mt Mortar

Magby was in the 3rd short (Pichu and Pikachu), as well as a filler ep near the beginning of the Johto league.

*End SPOILERS*

~Zak

Aureon
24th December 2002, 04:20 PM
I think there was also a particular ep for Magby...

LOL, thats why I said they purposely left Togetic out, because they've atleast referenced all the Legendaries of the first 251, and shown all the others, well except Porygon 2.

Why else would they leave Togetic out, it didn't exactly have a pre evo feature in an ep that caused seizures did it?

The Rusted One
24th December 2002, 04:32 PM
All of you be quiet...

The point is, just because it hasn't appeared yet doesn't mean it never will. Besides, perhaps they haven't shown it because they want to do an evolution introduction, and the first time we see it is when Togepi evolves. Had anyone seen a Beyleef in the anime until Ash's evolved? No; so they'll probably do that with Togepi/Togetic. Now, I'm totally guessing here, as whatever I say hasn't happened seems to have done so...lol...but has anyone seen a Meganium in any form in the anime.

and the reason they've refered in some way to all of the legendaries already is mostly because of the movies. Without the movies, they wouldn't have been shown yet.

Zak
24th December 2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
All of you be quiet...

The point is, just because it hasn't appeared yet doesn't mean it never will. Besides, perhaps they haven't shown it because they want to do an evolution introduction, and the first time we see it is when Togepi evolves. Had anyone seen a Beyleef in the anime until Ash's evolved? No; so they'll probably do that with Togepi/Togetic. Now, I'm totally guessing here, as whatever I say hasn't happened seems to have done so...lol...but has anyone seen a Meganium in any form in the anime.

and the reason they've refered in some way to all of the legendaries already is mostly because of the movies. Without the movies, they wouldn't have been shown yet.

Actually, Bayleef WAS shown in the anime before Ash's evolved. That is, Kasey's Bayleef.

And, Meganium was seen already TWICE. Raikou special, and another ep with Kasey.

~Zak

RedStarWarrior
24th December 2002, 10:46 PM
They will show them eventually. I would rather have them not show all of the Pokémon than have stupid filler episodes where they only focus on one Pokémon.

The Rusted One
25th December 2002, 04:27 AM
The whole, "they'll show them eventually" point was what I was trying to get at, in between saying, "this one hasn't been shown yet", and then being told that it had...
Oh well, I guess I should pay more attention to the anime...but what Modern Casualty has said was what I was trying to say.

Aureon
25th December 2002, 06:54 AM
I had hoped they left Togetic until probably Houen because it had a relationship with an R/S pokemon, but it doesn't seem likely, even if that Mushroom's evo seems a 'style' parallel to it. Or maybe they co exist...

AKA Pokemon Fan
25th December 2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Modern Casualty
They will show them eventually. I would rather have them not show all of the Pokémon than have stupid filler episodes where they only focus on one Pokémon.
Its just strange that by the end of Johto they had shown every single GS Pokemon but Togetic, Porygon2 and Celebi (movie only).

BenRG
25th December 2002, 02:06 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Misty's Togepi is the first of its' kind ever known. I certainly haven't seen any others in the animé. This leaves one huge problem lying in front of our ever seeing Togetic: The cute factor. They very rarely evolve the main characters' Pokémon on-screen.

Given Togepi's real purpose is to act as Misty's 'baby', then it is even more unlikely ever to 'grow up' by evolving. Unless something really big happens in story terms, or unless someone else hatches out a Togepi, it don't think that we will see Togetic any time soon. :(

Chris 2.1
25th December 2002, 02:59 PM
i guess Misty's Togepi was seen as elusive because it had hatched from an Egg which was discovered after an explosion. I guess the egg could well have been undergound all these years, and Togetic are extinct now. Maybe they're just super-rare?

The Rusted One
25th December 2002, 03:30 PM
I don't like the whole, "Togepi is the only one of its kind" thing; there was a pokedex entry in Ash's pokedex when it got upgraded by Oak prior to Togepi's hatching - indicating that others new about Togepi. Also, people don't seem too surprised to see a Togepi, but rather say, "oooh, your Togepi is so cute."

Aureon
25th December 2002, 04:32 PM
Plus the Magikarp watchers prior knowledge of them. Being realistic Togetic WILL be shown in the anime, but when and how? Which way could the anime go to indicate this? When will Misty return?

pokemonm
25th December 2002, 04:44 PM
when the righters feel we complaind enogh like brock are the end of leage

EmpressMyuu
26th December 2002, 12:26 AM
Yeah, Pikachu rocks as an unevolved Pokémon, but both my little cousin and I agreed that Togetic is definitely worthwhile seeing on the show. Togepi should get into some more fights and kick some behind, and don't count that battle for Totodile as one.

pokefreak04
26th December 2002, 10:08 PM
Good Point, EM, Togepi didn't really "battle," Pikachu just wouldn't attack Togepi and eventually surrendered. Anyway, I think Togetic will eventually appear in the anime. I like Aureon's idea, with Misty appearing sometime <perhaps in a movie?> and telling the story of its evolution. Maybe it will recall the good times that he had when he and Misty were traveling with Ash and Brock, get really happy, and evolve right in Misty's arms. That would be cool, wouldn't it?