Oddish17
9th July 2003, 11:43 PM
3v3(1 out at a time)
DQ: 3 days
Arena: Refs choice
You send out first, I attack first

Gengar's Shadow
9th July 2003, 11:48 PM
Me ref, Me dont ref...Me ref, me dont ref...ME REF!

Oddish17
10th July 2003, 12:32 AM
While I appreciate the offer, I notice you're already reffing a bunch of battles(including another that I am in). Since there are other refs out there who have nothing to ref right now, I would prefer to give the job to one of them. Nothing against you, I just want to give someone who has nothing to ref a chance to make some yen.

Jay
10th July 2003, 05:47 AM
If you still disapprove with GS reffing then I hope you don't mind if I can?

Oddish17
10th July 2003, 12:02 PM
That's fine with me, Jay.

Avian Freeze
10th July 2003, 01:50 PM
Hm...I'll take up the battle if you don't mind?

A Larvitar popped out of a Poke Ball, eyeing the surroundings carefully. "Okay, Chaos, good luck on your first battle." I gave him a pat on the back to reassure him, and he continued staring off into space.

Oddish17
10th July 2003, 02:19 PM
A Larvitar, eh? Very well, then, I'll also choose an unevolved pokemon, my female Chikorita.

Chikorita, start off with a Safeguard, then hurl a couple of Razor Leafs at Chaos.

Safeguard ~ Razor Leaf ~ Razor Leaf

Avian Freeze
10th July 2003, 02:46 PM
Okay Chaos, begin with a Sunny Day to brighten things up, and then follow up with two Flamethrowers and burn right through those Razor Leaves!

Sunny Day ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

Jay
11th July 2003, 12:11 PM
Arena

Metallic Parterre
This outside arena is enveloped in a powerful metallic vinyl flooring, which is indestructible. There’s no type of vegetation for miles away, and absolutely nothing on the field bar a few solid iron crates close to the center. These boxes cannot be thrown; they’re just used as defense barriers. Though they’re small, measuring at 1.5 x 1.5 meters, small pokémon can conceal behind it easily. On the field, ground type moves are ineffective; fire-type moves make the flooring hot when flame is directed at it.

Oddish17 vs. Avian Freeze
Chikorita the Chikorita (F) vs. Chaos the Larvitar (M)

Pre-battle
What’s that glossy floor doing here? Oh, it’s supposed to be. The currently chilly steel floor will soon be warmed up with such a battle about to transpire. Both trainers emerge from opposite sides of the parterre, scowling each other as they both come closer and closer towards the median. Evading the few brass crates, they reach the middle of the iron stadium. These rational trainers, wishing each other good luck, turn back a few meters for amplitude to free their combatants. Who will they be today? Getting out a Poké Ball each, they hold it out arms-length in front of them, as a scarlet moonbeam discharges into the center of the field. Where once there was none, there’s now two. A confident yet sharp Chikorita, and a valorously powerful Larvitar. They give a hasty electrifying gaze before getting into disposition, as I drop the flag designating a start to the match!
Chikorita [Safeguard > Razor Leaf > Razor Leaf]
Chaos [Sunny Day > Flamethrower > Flamethrower]

Battle: Round One
They both begin by setting their intellects to cerebral based attacks. Chikorita initiates by unifying her mind on a protective veil to shroud her in protection from status maladies. The barrier is formed and proves to be a success! Whilst setting up the screen, the warmth hammers down on both combatants as the sun is brimming with power. The metallic flooring seems to have warmed up just slightly, but it isn’t anything to fret about yet.

What transpires now? Chikorita mobilizes and swishes the leaf on her crest once and two very sharp leaves charge directly at Chaos at a very high velocity. Chaos instantaneously fights back, by constituting a burning discharge of conflagration as he emits the flame as quickly as possible which burns ever so brightly as the energy of the sun is brimming. The vermilion combustion heads directly for the Chikorita as the two petals turn into fine debris. She tries to dodge, but a median fraction of her body met contact with the flame. Wasting no time, though slightly malignant from the scorch of the flamethrower, she expulses another two sharp leafs immediately after Chaos’ onslaught. However, this time Chaos’ was too belated to scuffle back with another flammable raid, as the sharp leaves encounter with Chaos as his rocky yet impervious covered skin takes the battering from the now delighted Chikorita.

Chaos attempts to fight back with a final combustible assault as he fires another frenzied emission of flames instantly at the Chikorita, though, with enough haste, was able to flee the lethal vengeance of the Larvitar’s blazing attack. The aggression was able to strike one of the brass bushels, as it becomes caustically hot, both combatants should avoid it unless they want a noxious sting. I liberate the flag, concluding the foremost round of this extraordinary bout.

Post-battle Statistics

- Chikorita -
[83% Health – 90% Energy] [Safeguard up for three more rounds; Slightly annoyed; Very Assured]
- Chaos -
[87% Health – 85% Energy] [Skin covering slightly scratched from razor leaf; Confident]

Arena Statistics

Sunny Day in effect for four more rounds.
One of the metallic boxes is blazing hot.
Metallic flooring at low-medium warmth.

Order of Attacking

Avian Freeze attacks first.
Oddish17 attacks second.

Avian Freeze
11th July 2003, 05:28 PM
Okay, Chaos, now start off with Crunch. Then Swagger to get Chikorita pissed. If she runs at you, breathe a Flamethrower in her face! If any of these three turns, you see her charging up a Solarbeam, conjure up a Sandstorm to conceal yourself and hide.

Crunch/Sandstorm ~ Swagger/Sandstorm ~ Flamethrower/Sandstorm

Oddish17
11th July 2003, 11:00 PM
Alright, Chikorita, it's time to show off your more intimate side. Start off with a Sweet Scent/Attract combo. The calming scents along with your flattering looks should leave Chaos feeling too peaceful to accomplish anything. The scent should also help you remain calm if Chaos is able to pull off a Swagger. Finish up by seeding that overweight rock lump with Leech Seed.

Sweet Scent + Attract ~ Leech Seed

Jay
12th July 2003, 07:55 PM

Pre-battle
Both fighters fought an inconceivable round. Chaos quickly tends to the scratches from the cloud of sharp leafs struck last round. Chikorita, on the other hand, has become agitated from the flame blast earlier. Though it’s going to require more than a holocaust to take her down quickly! Shielding behind the invisible safeguard, she’s assured for the following round as she yanks a half-smirk at the Larvitar. With the sun glistering above, neither has broken a sweat, as they get into disposition yet again, ready for more! I drop the flag, indicating the start of round two.
Chaos [Crunch/Sandstorm > Swagger/Sandstorm > Flamethrower/Sandstorm]
Chikorita [Sweet Scent + Attract > Leech Seed]

Battle: Round Two
The swift Larvitar consumes no time, as he scampers up to Chikorita and emits a nasty Crunch on her! She shrieks as she tends to the bite mark on her emerald-green skin, though she is striving to stay as placid as possible for the next command. Chikorita smiles at Chaos as she walks over to him calmly, as Chikorita uses the leaf on her crest to spread a perfume-like scent in the air. A small part of the area was covered in the fragrance, as Chikorita attempts to pull off Attract. Exhibiting lustful affection for Chaos appears to be working. His trainer beseeching him to get his act together, but it proves to be a failure, as Chaos has become very aroused.

Due to Chaos’ infatuation, it has made it more difficult to listen to his trainer’s commands to boast at Chikorita, as he refuses to do so. Sustaining to display love and affection towards Chikorita, she giggles as she swirls her crested leaf once more, releasing two leech seeds which land safely on Chaos. Within range, the sprouts pop up out of the seeds and begin to suck away at the energy. His trainer is looking greatly anxious, as Chikorita proceeds to make the obsession more severe. Chaos watches in amazement. The trainer, urging his poor rocky companion to attempt a flamethrower, successfully shakes his affection off for a few seconds. Chikorita appears to still be in close range ever since letting off the aromatic fragrance. Her trainer quickly tells her to evade and get out of the way as quickly as possible, but Larvitar powers up a huge holocaust. She screeches once more as the flames emit the Larvitar’s mouth, as it envelopes Chikorita very harshly and hastily. As the blaze continued to subside into oblivion, she appears to be slightly crisped and very mad.

Chikorita was blessed from the safeguard, as there could have been a very high risk of an inflicted burn. Chaos continues to show his affection towards her. He begins to show signs of medium-mild fatigue as he pants lightly. Chaos, although tired, is not giving up yet. Even when under Chikorita's spell he is not out of this bout. The flag drops indicating a closure to round two.

Post-battle Statistics

- Chikorita -
[51% Health – 87% Energy] [Safeguard up for two more rounds; Mad at Chaos]
- Chaos -
[87% Health – 72% Energy] [Skin covering slightly scratched from razor leaf; Infatuated; Seeded; Sedated]

Arena Statistics

Sunny Day in effect for three more rounds.
Inflamed metallic box at medium-high warmth.
Metallic flooring at low warmth.
Sweet Scent beginning to escape into the higher atmosphere.

Order of Attacking

Oddish17 attacks first.
Avian Freeze attacks second.

Oddish17
13th July 2003, 11:23 PM
Hmm, that didn't work as well as I thought, but that's alright. Reach out and wrap Chaos up with your Vine Whip. If you can, wrap up its mouth also. Then absorb some energy with Giga Drain twice. If it manages to break free, then pelt it with Razor Leafs instead.

Vine Whip ~ Giga Drain x 2
Subs: If Chaos breaks free, Razor Leaf.

Avian Freeze
16th July 2003, 10:35 PM
Sorry, I was away for a few days ^^;.

Okay Chaos, I know you're infatuated with that Chikorita, but think about the Leech Seed she put on you and the life she's draining away, and don't forget when she cut you with those Razor Leaves. Snap out of it and chomp down on her vines with a Crunch again before she grabs you! Then follow up with a Scary Face to creep her out before she can send more leaves flying at you. Keep taking advantage of the sun and blast another Flamethrower at her. Even if she grips you, still try a Scary Face and maybe you can keep her from draining you.

Crunch ~ Scary Face ~ Flamethrower

Jay
20th July 2003, 05:52 AM

Pre-battle
In conclusion to the last round, instantaneously the leech seed begins to sap away at the energy on Chaos, as it regenerates back to Chikorita respectively. Chikorita is down health-wise, but Chaos seems like he'll be tiring quicker than expected. However, anything can happen, and this isn't over until it's over. Both Chaos' infatuation for Chikorita and the sweet scent roams freely, as it's becoming difficult for Chaos to listen to his mentor's orders. Both combatants get ready for another fiery round of action, as the creamy flag descends indicating a start to Round Three.

- Chikorita -
[51% Health - 87% Energy] [Safeguard up for two more rounds; Mad at Chaos]
- Chaos -
[87% Health - 72% Energy] [Skin covering slightly scratched from razor leaf; Infatuated; Seeded; Sedated]

Chaos [Crunch > Scary Face > Flamethrower]
Chikorita [Vine Whip > Giga Drain/Razor Lead > Giga Drain/Razor Leaf]

Battle: Round Three
Presently, Chikorita initiates by enveloping Chaos in vines as she drags him closer and closer to her for an immured assaulting range. Though, all Chaos is overwhelmed about is liquidating those Leech Seed's off his granite coating. Surprisingly, one bite was able to absolve one of the leech seeds, but then Chaos' mouth is packaged due to the vines, and the leech seeds continue to deplete the energy. Flashbacks occur for him, and he commences to ponder about all the inferior and repulsive events that Chikorita did to him. However, the devotion seems to be inevitable for both, and it's currently unfightable, as they both proceed to show love and fondness towards each other (at least Chaos is at this moment of time).

Chaos unexpectedly feels even more energy abandon his body. Was it due to the leech seed or another of Chikorita's attacks? Unsurprisingly, it was both. Chikorita initiates to empty the energy of Chaos as she starts to rejuvenate her lost health once again. It lasts for a while and takes up at least two rounds value of sapping. Though discouraged, Chaos won't stand being wrapped up from his love for much longer. A nauseous appearance makes the grass menace shriek and frees Chaos from the vines. Instantaneously, Chaos liberates a huge spur of flames once again and directs it at Chikorita. She tries to flee but the blaze engulfs her once again, as she becomes burnt to a crisp. The remainder of the safeguard saves her yet again from covering her body in noxious stings. She becomes even angrier at Chaos. Though, this is engaging... has the infatuation worn off? We don't know that, but from the looks of things it just may have. However, we can never be too tenacious. Whilst we ponder over that thought, the round ends with yet another drop of the flag.

Post-battle Statistics (End Of Round Three)

- Chikorita -
[53% Health – 80% Energy] [Safeguard up for one more round; Angry at Chaos; Intimidated]
- Chaos -
[56% Health – 61% Energy] [Skin covering slightly scratched from razor leaf; Infatuated (?); Seeded]

Arena Statistics

Sunny Day in effect for two more rounds.
Inflamed metallic box at medium warmth.
Metallic flooring cooled.
Sweet Scent gone.

Order of Attacking

Oddish17 attacks second.

Avian Freeze
20th July 2003, 02:02 PM
Okay, Chaos, I know that round didn't go to well, so focus and try to overcome her attraction! You've seen all she's done to you, c'mon! Okay, let's be defensive this round. Start by veiling yourself with a Sandstorm, and that should hurt her too. Then follow up with a Double Team to further conceal yourself. Finish off with a Focus Energy to better your concentration, and while you're at it, try to shrug those Leech Seeds off, though it may be kind of tough.

Sandstorm ~ Double Team ~ Focus Energy and shrug seeds off

Oddish17
20th July 2003, 07:02 PM
I would love to know where you're going to conjure up debris to actually make a Sandstorm. Chikorita, start off with another Vine Whip while it does whatever. You'll have the real Chaos wrapped up, so its clones shouldn't prove to be a problem at all. Then use Giga Drain twice, it worked quite well last round, I see no reason why this one should be any different.

Vine Whip ~ Giga Drain x 2

Jay
26th July 2003, 09:38 AM
Oddish17 vs. Avian Freeze, Round 4
Chikorita (F) the Chikorita vs. Chaos (M) the Larvitar

Pre-battle - End of Round 3:
Chikorita: 53% health (80% energy), safeguarded for one more round, angry, intimidated.
Chaos: 56% health (61% energy), seeded.

Battle - Round 4:
The opponent is dumfounded at Chaos' attempt to materialize mass amounts of rubble to create a sandstorm. No chance whatsoever on this copper alloy arena. Promptly, two vines emit from Chikorita, which swish around the place to strike the Larvitar prosperously. He is pulled back towards the Chikorita for a 'final kill' articulately.

Chaos' lookalikes encircle the area, but they were all quickly dispersed while the vines of Chikorita have already seized the real Chaos. Without consuming aggrandized time, he begins to focus his own energy to aid him later and, more importantly, now. This is also corroborating to be an integral clinker. Energy leaves his body, but so does his own diligence. All he's worried about is that energy swiftly evacuating his body, but he attempts to focus on his energy furthermore. As for shrugging off the leech seeds, they appear to be more durable than osmiums... well, maybe not that sturdy. They appear to be doing the job for Chikorita nonetheless, and that's all that matters. Correct?

Chikorita continues to execute her energy removal plan as she abruptly resumes to regain her lost health and Chaos pursues to speedily lose it. The status-protective shield has finally jaded for Chikorita, as the unobservable wall no longer aids her. As the sun initiates to hide behind the clouds enveloping the sky, the calliope is blown and the round ends.

Post-battle - End of Round 4:
Chikorita: 73% health (66% energy), no longer safeguarded, over-confident, gleaming.
Chaos: 24% health (54% energy), worn down, trapped by vines, seeded, focused.

Arena Statistics
Sunny day in effect for one more round.
Metallic flooring cooled.
Inflamed metallic box at low-medium warmth.

Order of attacking
Oddish17 attacks first.
Avian Freeze attacks second.

Avian Freeze
29th July 2003, 02:04 PM
I believe it is past the DQ time. 3 days have passed, and you haven't posted your attacks Oddish17...

Hexae
29th July 2003, 02:10 PM
This was posted in the absence tower the 25th.

Originally posted by Oddish17
ASHarris I've been through a hurricane so I know what you've been through. Terrifying is the best way to describe it.

Anyways, I will be away for about four days, so please don't DQ me and the one battle I'm reffing will have to wait or find a sub-ref for that time.

Avian Freeze
29th July 2003, 04:16 PM
Oh okay, sorry about that ^^;. Thanks Hexae :).

Avian Freeze
13th August 2003, 12:54 AM
Erm...Oddish17, I know you said you'd be away for four days, but it's been a really long time. I don't want this battle to end in DQ...

Jay
13th August 2003, 01:17 AM
I'm giving him 48 more hours. It's been long enough.

Oddish17
13th August 2003, 10:33 PM
Very sorry for being away so long.

Safeguard ~ Giga Drain x 2

If at any point you no longer have Chaos wrapped up, use Razor Leaf instead of Giga Drain.

Avian Freeze
14th August 2003, 02:12 AM
Well, welcome back x_x.

Okay Chaos, things don't look so good, but we have to keep trying. Sunny Day is in effect for only one more round so take advantage of it and blast three Flamethrowers in her face. Yes I'm being boring -.-;;. You should be able to hurt her a lot more since you're focused. Aim through the vines and leaves so they don't get in your way.

Flamethrower x 3

Jay
16th August 2003, 02:22 AM
Oddish17 vs. Avian Freeze, Round 5

Pre-battle - End of Round 4:
Chikorita: 73% health (66% energy), no longer safeguarded, over-confident, gleaming.
Chaos: 24% health (54% energy), worn down, trapped by vines, seeded, focused.

Chikorita initiates by concentrating deeply on a Safeguard. A fairly weak one was committed that'll last a few rounds since she's more concentrated on Chaos. The clouds cave in on the sun, which means Chaos needs to act quickly. A blazing firestorm hastily expulses out of his mouth, with Chikorita screeching from the inferno. She let's go of Chaos in a scurry, as her vines quickly catch on fire. She spends a while allowing them to cool.

Exasperated, Chikorita releases her wrath with a scurry of sharp leafs, but Chaos knows better than to not permit them to clobber his pebbly coat. Yet another flame was speedily emitted, which singes the leafs into fine debris. Chikorita shuns this blaze. A second attempt proved to be vaguely more productive, though, only one leaf scrapes at the skin of Chaos as the others flee past and off into the distance. Once again, another vermilion flamethrower dispatches immediately at Chikorita. The sun fed the flame power, and it furiously engulfs her to a crisp, enflaming a metallic box at the same time! Chikorita rolls around on the metal ground to rid of the flame, but unfortunately, she took a great deal of damage from the blazes. The clouds envelope the sun, as the weather returns to normal. For now.

Post-battle - End of Round 5:
Chikorita: 33% health [capped] (50% energy), safeguarded (3 more rounds), scorched from flames.
Chaos: 10% health (28% energy), very tired, panting, losing focus, seeds comatose.

Arena Statistics
Clouds finally cloak the sun.
Metallic flooring warmed slightly.
Enflamed box at dangerous warmth.

Order of attacking
Oddish17 attacks second.

Edit: Left out Chikorita's energy.

Avian Freeze
18th August 2003, 11:48 PM
Okay Chaos, we're not gonna go down without a fight. Start by making a Scary Face at her to keep her away from you. Follow up with an Ancientpower, if you're lucky you may be empowered for a little time. Lastly use another Flamethrower. If at any time she tries anything requiring focus like a Solarbeam or anything of the like, break her concentration with a Screech. If she tries to reach out at you with her vines or leaves or more seeds or stuff like that, or a Synthesis, use a Flamethrower and blast through them (if there are leaves or vines) and at her.

Scary Face ~ Ancientpower ~ Flamthrower

Subs: Screech if anything with concentration, Flamethrower if any attacks with vines, leaves, seeds, etc., or Synthesis

Oddish17
19th August 2003, 04:27 PM
Sunny Day ~ Solar Beam x 2

Jay
23rd August 2003, 06:04 AM
Sorry for the diminutive reffing, though there's only so much I could do…

Oddish17 vs. Avian Freeze, Round 6

Pre-battle - End of Round 5:
Chikorita: 33% health [capped] (50% energy), safeguarded (3 more rounds), scorched from flames.
Chaos: 10% health (28% energy), very tired, panting, losing focus, seeds comatose.

A chilling look of fear intimidates the poor Chikorita helplessly. Questioning over the worrisome Chaos' next move, she manufactures the clouds to proliferate from the sun that is now shimmering down once again as expected earlier.

Before Chaos could attempt to hurl a vehemence of rocks (in this arena?), Chikorita charges up a surprisingly quick Solarbeam, and thanks to the sun's energy, no thanks to her anxiety, a miniature assault was committed to take the Larvitar down once and for all, with Chikorita still in a terrified state.

Post-battle - End of Round 6:
Chikorita: 33% health [capped] (42% energy), safeguarded (2 more rounds), scorched from flames, anxious.
Chaos: 0% health (0% energy), fainted.

Arena Statistics
Sunny Day in effect for four more rounds.
Metallic flooring warmed slightly.
Enflamed box at very high warmth.

Order of attacking

Avian Freeze needs to select his next combatant first!
Oddish17 attacks next.
Avian Freeze attacks last.

Avian Freeze
24th August 2003, 10:35 PM
Well I said I would Screech if Chikorita had tried something like a Solarbeam

If at any time she tries anything requiring focus like a Solarbeam or anything of the like, break her concentration with a Screech

But I guess it was too fast for Chaos anyway ^^;. Bleh, I keep forgetting there's nothing around here so I can't use Ancientpower o_o.

I will choose my Eevee, Everin next :).

Jay
28th August 2003, 01:07 AM
Chikorita's Solarbeam was too quick to distinguish what attack it would have used anyway, so it was unpredictable.

Regardless, it's past DQ time. I'll let Avian Freeze decide what to do.

Avian Freeze
28th August 2003, 01:17 AM
Sorry Oddish17, but I'm going to take my prize :\. This is lagging too much and I would like to have a free battle slot. So I'll take my 1 yen and as my prize, I shall capture a Male Sandshrew ^^;. Maybe we can battle again sometime. Thanks for reffing Jay :).