PDA

View Full Version : Evolution! *HOT NEWS*

Zak
10th July 2003, 07:04 AM
Well, I was browsing Palette's boards, and I believe I saw it mentioned that in the preview clip for next week's Japanese ep, "The First Great Pokemon Panic!", we mainly see the main characters' Pokemon, and there seems to be a scene with Torchic evolving into Combusken! There don't seem to be any other characters this time besides the main one, so I'm pretty sure this *IS* indeed, May's Torchic.

Well, we'll have to wait till tonight for TVTokyo to put the preview up on the site, so we can get more eivdence, and possibly confirm it... but the chances are somewhere between 99% and 100% that it's hers. We'll have to wait for tonight to absolutely confirm the evidence..... but either way, this is exciting news!

Discuss away! ^_^

~Zak

Andrew
10th July 2003, 07:12 AM
I wonder if this'll be another deal like with that Cyndaquil before the Johto league. I hope so.

I really love Torchic by the screenshots and recaps I've seen, its got a great quirky nature and its clumsy too and its cute. Lol

Its a shame if it evolves in my opinion, I would've thought Treeko would've been the first to do so. Plus how many battles has Torchic actually been in?

And its evo is the fugly KFC rejected mascot. Look at it. Damn fugly. Please stay Torchy =[

Rocketboy
10th July 2003, 09:03 AM
Will "The Great Pokemon Panic" show after the movie cuz you can see Torchic in the preveiws

RJdude
10th July 2003, 09:44 AM
As much as I want Torchic to evolve, sadly, I doubt it will. In all of the previews for the 6th movie, you see May with a Torchic. This means that after what you saw, three things could happen.

1.) The Torchic was someone else's.
2.) May's Torchic does evolve, but she releases it and gets a new Torchic.
3.) It does evolve, and May catches another Torchic.

I highly doubt #3 will happen, and I don't think May would release her first Pokemon, so it's either someone else's Torchic, or it's an different Pokemon that you thought was Torchic. But I could be wrong. I do want it to evolve, I just don't think it will.

AKA Pokemon Fan
10th July 2003, 10:54 AM
How long is it until this episode airs? Because if it airs after the movie premieres then Torchic would be able become Combusken and be in the movie as Torchic. And regardless we can safely say the sixth movie takes place before this episode.

Regardless, I'm not getting my hopes up or believing anything for now. Torchic has been in quite a few battles but it would seem almost unfair to have her get another evolution so soon when none of Ash's new Pokemon have evolved yet.

I personally find Torchic to be far cuter and better looking than Combusken but maybe it looks better in the anime?

Mikey
10th July 2003, 11:16 AM
The movie comes out the 19th, which is two days after the episode airs. That isn't too far ahead, so I bet May's Torchic could evolve. This won't disrupt much to the Japanese. Sorry guys, but it may be time to say bye to Torchic.

DannyBoy
10th July 2003, 12:55 PM
Well that just leaves Treeckos evolutions now to see. I thought we would se eone of them before Combusken but nope. I hope it is Mays. TOrchic just seems weak in the show. Ir prob evolves to save her or something.

Mikey
10th July 2003, 01:11 PM
What I was really hoping for was Taillow to evolve. It seemed like the most likely candidate but I guess Torchic had to go sooner or later. Geeze, May's Pokemon are trained better then Ash's. They all evolve while he still has cute ones.

*Murkrow
10th July 2003, 03:19 PM
Torchic might evolve?Geeze, thats....weird @_@
Looks like one of the cutest in the teams might go;o Yippee.
As for the fact that Torchic is in the movie, well, just say that the movie was before that ep, problem solved, other countries have had that happened before, they've gotten over it:rolleyes:

Gravy
10th July 2003, 04:46 PM
lol, I must be the only one in the world to like the idea of Torchic evolving ^_^0
I dunno though. I can't really see them giving Torchic the boot (sorta), its got way too much 'cute' appeal for that.

Iveechan
10th July 2003, 05:14 PM
I think it'd be funny if it did evolve but still had Torchic's cutesy/dopey nature. But really, Treecko should evolve first, Grovyle kicks

Pewter City Geodude
10th July 2003, 07:10 PM
Am I the only one that'd be extremely curious to see how May would handle a Blaziken? :D May is going to make an appearance in an Ash/Misty wedding fic I'm working on, and I've said in it already that she has a Blaziken. (The fic takes place several years after the current anime.)

DannyBoy
10th July 2003, 08:22 PM
I also can't see May with a Blaziken because its not her. He has the small cute pokemon and Combusken ant that cute but she thinks it is so who knows. Her pokemon evolve a lot faster than any of ashs.

Iveechan
10th July 2003, 08:24 PM
Geodude, since it's a fanfic, you don't have to make it like the anime. Just do whatever, it doesn't matter, it's what fan fiction is all about ;D

Pewter City Geodude
10th July 2003, 08:26 PM
Yeah I know that...but I like to stay in-character or at least try to...even so, I think it stands to reason that for a fic that takes place in (my estimation) 6 years after the current anime, that Torchic would've evolved by then.

Rocketboy
10th July 2003, 09:52 PM
It's another Torchic. Yes Ash and Masato release multiple pokeballs containing the 3 starters and it looks like Ash and Masato chase after a Torchic it battles Corphish and wins and after wiggling it's @$$ it evolves.

Mikey
10th July 2003, 10:04 PM
Looks like your right. Yay, we get the funny little birdie for more episodes!:rolleyes:

DannyBoy
10th July 2003, 10:09 PM
That sucks. I wanted it to evolve! Well we will have to wait longer but still we have seent he whole Torchic line. Now we need Groyvle and Septile (how ever you spell them).

*Murkrow
11th July 2003, 04:17 AM
Phew
*Wipes forhead*
Thats good, I didn't want Torchic to evolve^_^

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th July 2003, 04:54 AM
TVTOOKYOO has the new prewiev now. After reading the text quickly, the Japanese-Finnish translation machine in my head says it IS ANOTHER Torchic which they carry temporarily for Joy. :D I am not entirely sure, I think I am going home from the library now and come back after a couple of hours with a full Japanese-English translation of the prewiev as usual. :D

However, I would like to post it under another topic as I have done before, and normally it has been an Advance generation eppie topic by Hanada Tattsu, and there is not one for this episode yet, I may post it even myself, I am a little confused, but we will see after a few hours...:wave:

Gravy
11th July 2003, 06:59 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something. Hot topic...heh, good pun :rolleyes:
Anyways, at least I get to finally see a slightly intimidating Torchic, which seems much larger than cute lil' regular Torchic. Not to mention I get to see my favourite fire pokemon so early in the series. At leat they haven't treated the starters first evo's like they did in Johto. Poor Quilava :no:
Its nice to see Corphish has 'replaced' Pika in a way. At least it has a worthwhile personality :yes:

AKA Pokemon Fan
11th July 2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by IloveX-TINA
I also can't see May with a Blaziken because its not her. He has the small cute pokemon and Combusken ant that cute but she thinks it is so who knows. Her pokemon evolve a lot faster than any of ashs.
It's not that she's a better trainer, not with Wurmple at least. Jessie's evolved quickly too. Wurmple is just a evolution line that evolves very quickly by and large, just like Caterpie.

Hanada Tattsu
12th July 2003, 09:57 PM
Hey, maybe May's Torchic will indeed evolve into Combusken, we've seen two evolutions in one episode. Besides, AG is different, maybe they'll give faster evolutions or something?

Mitch's Bashamo
13th July 2003, 10:58 AM
According to Serebii's site the Torchic belongs to Nurse Joy. She also has a Treecko and a Mudkip.

Mikey
13th July 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Mitch's Bashamo
According to Serebii's site the Torchic belongs to Nurse Joy. She also has a Treecko and a Mudkip.

Yeah, that's because Nurse Joy has them right now to do her check ups on them. After that, she'll ship them out to Professor Birch for new trainers. What she doesn't know though is that when Ash and co look after them for a bit, the Torchic evolves. Birch isn't going to give a Combusken to a begginer, so they have a problem.

This is sort of like Johto. Nurse Joy was supposed to take Totodile for a check up.

Hanada Tattsu
13th July 2003, 11:21 AM
Hmm, this is getting wierd. May would probably behead Ash, Brock, and Masato for trying to give away her Torchic to Prof. Birch again.