PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy vs Charnumber [Ref=Jay]

Andrew
12th July 2003, 05:16 AM
Well ummm Charnumber and I are going to have a battle of sorts ^^ and apparently like a gameshow, behind door number 1 If I win I can get a badge that shouldn't ever touch your eye and a TM of sorts.

But first I have to beat her in a 3 vs 3 battle in the godforsaken shiny sparkly place called a Celestial Palace. *Copies and Pastes Description from reffing tower* If its wrong, errr.. correct me please.

And DQ time will be 1 Week :)

And Jay being great as he is, has decided to be the Ref :) Thanks dude.

And we're having a switch clause in effect so if we change we'll post as such -

Snubbull - Charm, Bite and Heal Bell and next round I'm changing to my other pogeymon ect ect ect

And well the status of the Pokemon stays the same even with switching, so everything including confusion, leech seed ect ect ect stays the same. So if Magikarp the Frozen, Burnt, Paralyzed, Poisoned, Leech Seeded, Confused Pogeymon is recalled and reused lately, everything will stay the same. So yeah...

Ummm now the arena. *Copies and Pastes*

Arena: Celestial Palace Battlegrounds (revised)

A star platform of pure, rainbow-colored crystal levitates smoothly in the air. Shrouded by a blanket of silvery stars, this arena is one of eternal night. The golden moon hangs brightly above. In the middle of the star platform lies a magnificent, towering palace, eighty meters tall, surrounded by lush, fragrant gardens and a large moat filled with crystal-clear azure water. There is no bridge, but pokemon may cross over to the other side by other means.

Disruptive and destructive land-based attacks such as Earthquake are strictly forbidden here due to the damage that they would cause. If a pokemon uses such an attack, the palace guards (three Houndoom) will attack the culprit until it is close to fainting. The well-trained Houndoom never attack unless a pokémon uses such a move.

Since the arena is one of eternal night, any move that depends on the sun such as Solarbeam, Morning Sun, and Synthesis will always fail. In addition, Moonlight will be extremely effective. However, the use of Moonlight is strictly kept down to once per battle. If used any more than once, the guardian Mew will prevent the Moonlight's success and penalize the offender with a loss of health. The Mew serves as a protector; it will not allow the death of any pokémon, and will do all in its power to save any who undergo this threat.

{Mutters} Evil battleground...{/Mutters} And if I see an Eevee or a Wheevee, it'd better be a Wheezee.

Edit: Oh before I forget, being a Gentleman ;) Charnumber can post her pogeymon first, I'll post mine and attack first too.

Charizard04621
12th July 2003, 10:42 AM
Hmm, there's one thing missing. The meteorites.

Celestial Palace Battlegrounds (Official Elite Gym)

A star platform of pure, rainbow-colored crystal levitates smoothly in the air. Shrouded by a blanket of silvery stars, this arena is one of eternal night. The golden moon hangs brightly above. In the middle of the star platform lies a magnificent, towering palace, eighty meters tall, surrounded by lush, fragrant gardens and a large moat filled with crystal-clear azure water. There is no bridge, but pokemon may cross over to the other side by other means.

Disruptive and destructive land-based attacks such as Earthquake are strictly forbidden here due to the damage that they would cause. If a pokemon uses such an attack, the palace guards (three Houndoom) will attack the culprit until it is close to fainting. The well-trained Houndoom never attack unless a pokémon uses such a move.

Since the arena is one of eternal night, any move that depends on the sun such as Solarbeam, Morning Sun, and Synthesis will always fail. In addition, Moonlight will be extremely effective. However, the use of Moonlight is strictly kept down to once per battle. If used any more than once, the guardian Mew will prevent the Moonlight's success and penalize the offender with a loss of health. The Mew serves as a protector; it will not allow the death of any pokémon, and will do all in its power to save any who undergo this threat.

Multi-colored meteor showers occur once every third round. If a pokemon is caught unprepared, the fist-sized meteorites might become a problem. However, at the beginning of the match, it will be decided whether or not the battlers want to deal with the extra meteor shower hazard. If they do not, a switch will be triggered to activate a barrier around the entire arena which shields pokemon from the meteorites. Weather changing moves such as Clear Skies, Rain Prayer, Sandstorm, and any other weather changing Signature Moves will serve no apparent use if the barrier is active. Tampering with the barrier's switch intentionally while the battle is going on will result in automatic disqualification.

So, Oz, since you're the challenger, I'll give you the choice. Would you like the protective barrier to be on or off?

Regardless, I cannot afford to play around. This is an Elite match, after all. That said... I summon Aurvandil the Gengar! He would love to battle.

Andrew
13th July 2003, 07:27 AM
I'd love that barrier to protect please ^^;

And ummm I'm going to be such a hypocrite now -_-; But I do want some kind of lame advantage over Charnumber. So I guess I'll choose my 1 time battler Umbreon - UmbreOz

*Spotlights*

UmbreOz has only ever been in one other battle, a tag team with partner Mr Mime they were defeated by Sooty's Houndoom and Misdreavus in a desert arena. Since then I'd constantly hated this pogey but kept it for no other reason than I need a half decent dark type.

*Spotlights off*

But I guess now for some orders..

First you damn annoying Eeveelution, use a Mean Look to stun and frighten that ghost, then use a Confuse Ray to add some more status affliction, and finish off with Shadow Ball.

And if at any time it tries to use Hynosis, use Mimic Ok. :)

Mean Look - Confuse Ray - Shadow Ball

Sub - If it trys to Hypnotise, mimic it.

Well yay? for this female fiend.

Charizard04621
13th July 2003, 10:04 AM
Oh? The opposing trainer seems to think he's got some sort of advantage, Aurvandil. Would you like to prove him wrong?

Begin with Confuse Ray to scramble that Umbreon's mind... We'll see her try to scare you now, shall we? The weakening of her mind shall be crucial for the near future, too. How very handy.

Aurvandil, it is absolutely compulsory that you avoid that Umbreon's Confuse Ray at all costs. Protect yourself from it if you must. If you are absolutely sure that the Umbreon hasn't managed to direct her Confuse Ray at you for whatever reason, however, switch gears and lock her into place with Mean Look instead... That'll prevent any futile switching or Baton Passing she might decide to attempt at a later date, no matter what she does. Make absolutely sure, however, that you dodge that Confuse Ray at all costs, all right? I don't care even if you waste energy on a Protect against a Confuse Ray that never comes, as long as you're exercising complete caution. Use Mean Look only if the Umbreon has obviously used Confuse Ray against something else.

Thirdly, Aurvandil, you'll notice that we've got a nice big opening left out on a silver platter for us. Raise your hand if you think splitting up your mind's focus and trying to both fight away sleep while undergoing the difficult task of learning how to cause that sleep, all at the same time is a bad idea. Bravo! One point for you. Aurvandil, with the Umbreon's mind already weakened due to your Confuse Ray, as well as the silly split focus thing she's trying to pull off, you should have no trouble with Hypnosis. Now get to it! Seek and destroy.

~ Confuse Ray ~ Protect/Mean Look ~ Hypnosis ~

Jay
14th July 2003, 07:23 PM
Thank you both Andy and Karin. :)

OzAndrew vs. Charizard04621
UmbreOz the Umbreon (F) vs. Aurvandil the Gengar (M)

Pre-battle
Nightfall reigns this beautiful sanctuary of tranquility, as we see gaze upon the eternal night sky with the luminescent stars and the platinum moon blanketing the heavenly battlegrounds in partial saffron shine. The tower of 80 meters glances below to the ground and two very enthusiastic brawlers emerge from either side of the sanctum. They continue to walk towards the median, until they ultimately gaze into each other’s fiery eyes, determined to win. Eminently, considering this is an elite match. The challenger is OzAndrew, electing to allow the mystical barrier to protect, is attempting to claim victory and his victim’s badge and TM, Charizard04621, whom is going to have to give OzAndrew all she has got to thrash him and protect her eminence. After finally meeting at the heart of this brilliant destination, they give each other a quick look then provide amplitude. More than ready to go, they grab their poké balls anxiously waiting on each other’s command to release instantly. Two glittery crimson rays are fired finely through the silver luminescence. After a few seconds of waiting, we naturally see two very dark and grim pokémon fill the former empty space on the battlegrounds. One inferior and ardent Umbreon, and one brutal and cadaverous Gengar. Giving a rigorous gaze in each other’s eyes, all they need to wait for now is my command to start the bout. Wasting no time at all, I pull out the white flag and hold it up high waiting for the right time to release. In a matter of seconds, both tenacious fighters see that the flag has fallen, and they hastily get into disposition to initiate. “Good luck both!”
UmbreOz [Mean Look/Mimic > Confuse Ray/Mimic > Shadow Ball/Mimic]
Aurvandil [Confuse Ray > Protect/Mean Look > Hypnosis]

Battle: Round One
UmbreOz initiates firstly and her eyes glow furiously directly at Aurvandil in hopes of intimidation. Needless to say, Aurvandil has other plans in reserves for UmbreOz, as a white ray of light beams down on the dark pokémon. The gleam meddles with her mind, however the eeveelution endeavors ominously to keep focus and completely execute the Mean Look. Inevitably getting to the point where she loses concentration completely and she fails in attempt. The mentor of UmbreOz hastens for her to hold focus to fulfill a Confuse Ray herself; now both Aurvandil and his trainer look worried. Immediately calling for protection, the savage Gengar conceals himself behind an unconquerable shield to contra-guard the intimidating shimmer of light. Striking the legitimate location, the light simply slides off of the custodial barrier. Aurvandil’s plan is working flawlessly, and he is looking very gratified. UmbreOz begins to redeem concentration, though it isn’t thoroughly gone yet as she shuffles around the battlegrounds.

Wasting no time at all, the perplexed Umbreon produces an evil dark globe in front of her, ready to release a devastating Shadow Ball. Not bothered at all by the fore-coming attack, Aurvandil attempts to put UmbreOz to sleep. Hypnotic waves are discharged at once, as Aurvandil stares deeply into the eyes of UmbreOz. She has no choice but to accept the wave’s invitation into her brain, as she limps to one side. Failing to be able to mime Aurvandil’s hypnosis, she is already concentrating on building on the globe’s travail. Feeling very certain, Aurvandil resumes and attempts to make the sleepiness worsen. Proving successful for Aurvandil, and with the orb not even half-charged, UmbreOz decides it would be best to release early and fire the fragile shadow ball at the Gengar. Aurvandil was too assured in comprehending that the orb was still being charged, as it pounds him and detonates effortlessly. He loses focus, but the hypnosis appeared to be a success and whatnot. Though the shadow ball didn’t do much harm, every bit of damage will count for UmbreOz now, as she starts to feel somnolent from the trance. The flag waves indicating an end to the first round.

Post-battle Statistics (End of Round One)

- UmbreOz -
[100% Health – 91% Energy] [Slightly dazed; sleepy]
- Aurvandil -
[88% Health – 85% Energy] [Very confident; fairly relaxed]

Arena Statistics

Protective barrier active.

Order of Attacking

Charizard04621 attacks first.
OzAndrew attacks second.

Charizard04621
14th July 2003, 09:26 PM
She's not off to a good start, is she, Aurvandil? Rub it in. Shout insults at her, make rude gestures, anything to enrage her and make the message sink in. Swagger as often as you see fit. You may be behind in the statistics, but those are just numbers. You're not the one who's dazed and sleepy. If anyone can make witty insults at this point, it's you.

If you succeed, and she wants to get physical, smack her in the head with Dynamicpunch when she's close enough. Otherwise, blast her with a far-reaching Thunderbolt.

~ Swagger(until successful or futile) ~ Dynamicpunch/Thunderbolt as time allows~

Andrew
15th July 2003, 12:40 AM
Ok then, thanks for that reffing Jay it certainly was very well written. You should write a FF .

Lessee then, Ok then UmbreOz, start a shouting match with that Gengar and show him all the dirty words you know ;) Swagger him back with all the abuse in the world, and take certain care to pronounce the witty comebacks well Ok :)

Then, you should've waken up a bit by then, but if you're feeling drowsy, just fire a shadow ball or a confuse Ray.

But if you're feeling fine, I've got a nasty little trick from watching Buffy. See that ghost may be incorpriol *Can't spell that damned word right* as in Physical touches go right through him. So lets see how he deals with damage dealt from inside him.

Go for a Quick Attack + Bite with that dark energy to ravage its innards K :)

Swagger - Quick Attack+ Bite Combo

Subs: If feeling too sluggish to do that, Shadow Ball and confuse Ray.

Charizard04621
15th July 2003, 11:17 AM
Er, Oz, you do realize that if Aurvandil phases out of solid mode before your Umbreon gets to him, you've tried to ask your Umbreon to stay in something that she's going to pass right through, right? The forcefield may be up, but gravity can't be shut out, you know... Not when there's mass around.

Jay
15th July 2003, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the inspiration, Andy. ^^ Okay it’s 3:00am, I don’t think I’ll write this late again. --;

Pre-battle

Statistics (End of Round One)
- UmbreOz -
[100% Health – 91% Energy] [Slightly dazed; sleepy]
- Aurvandil -
[88% Health – 85% Energy] [Very confident; fairly relaxed]

UmbreOz appears to be struggling in command, as the Umbreon attempts to shake off the confusion, despite being very torpid. Aurvandil on the other hand is gratified at his prosperous aspire at confusion and sleep. Both are ready for another round, and the flag drops indicating the start to the second round.
Aurvandil [Swagger > Dynamicpunch/Thunderbolt]
UmbreOz [Swagger > Shadow Ball > Confuse Ray / Quick Attack + Bite]

Battle: Round Two
The clash continues to rage on, but what’s this? Aurvandil begins to torment the dozy Umbreon verbally, discriminating of her fighting capabilities and whatnot. It gets ugly and inevitably UmbreOz fights back by countering slander with slander. Both of them get easily irritated, but UmbreOz is barely holding in there to make a half-decent insult due to the drowsiness, and often stutters words that make no sense whatsoever. This improves Aurvandil’s chances of coming out on top in this flame war. The half-awake Umbreon has no choice but to fight physically since it has no chance of winning aloud. She attempts to pounce on Aurvandil, but it was easily avoidable. Aurvandil cackles maniacally at the miserable onslaught, and she becomes even more enraged with added slander.

Persisting to make UmbreOz dispirited, Aurvandil continues to toss insults left and right to make the dozy Umbreon even more furious. She just can’t seem to relax, though she wants to fight back somehow. She begins to charge an additional malicious orb of power in front of her; slightly more powerful than last time when attempted. Though it couldn’t be charged for long before Aurvandil counters, she instantaneously extricates it and catches the Aurvandil off guard! The globe erupts in a powerful jet-black brilliance. Surprisingly, the ghost pokémon appeared maybe too overconfident with himself. Now who’s the one incensed? Agitated, Aurvandil swiftly delivers a vast bolt of electricity from afar. UmbreOz attempts to dodge the bolt but proves futile, as it completely covers the locale and becomes masked in electricity. All Aurvandil can do is continue laugh as he watches her struggle from the drowsiness.

Enraged, UmbreOz’s mentor urges her to try and confuse the Gengar. Though she can’t seem to settle down from all the insults Aurvandil once delivered to her, and ignores his command. We begin to notice the sluggishness deteriorate as UmbreOz is starting to come to her sense. However, being acrimonious doesn’t appear like it’s going to be of assistance that much in the future. Looking into the night sky, we notice many attractive glows of light trekking down towards the celestial arena. Those are the meteorites, appreciatively the enigmatic shield is utilized so no one will face injury. The flag waves indicating the end to round two.

Post-battle Statistics (End of Round Two)

- UmbreOz -
[84% Health – 77% Energy] [Adequately sleepy; enraged; restless]
- Aurvandil -
[68% Health – 87% Energy] [Slightly overconfident]

Arena Statistics

Order of Attacking

OzAndrew attacks first.
Charizard04621 attacks second.

edit: Fixed UmbreOz's commands xx;

Andrew
15th July 2003, 05:51 PM
Ok then, how about we go for a Quick Attack to get "Inside" the gengar before it realizes and bite its ghostly energies with your dark power. And perhaps use your Sig Move which I'd like to say is completely n00bworthy. And its got a ****ty name too

Umbreon - UmbreOz - Female
Sig move: Dark Rings
Description: The rings on UmbreOz's body glow black and she closes her eyes for a second before they fly off at the opponent leaving a sparkly trail behind them. The rings latch onto the opponant like rubber bands, draining them of energy. The rings fly back to UmbreOz and give her half the health they stole.
Type: Dark | Damage: 15% | Amount Recovered: Half the damage inflicted. Usually 7% | Accuracy: 85%

Quick Attack + Bite Combo - Dark Rings

And Charnumber I didn't understand your post ^^; I know Gengar isn't solid, that's why it'll pass into him ;) More damage dealt hopefully.

Thanks for reffing so quickly again Jay.

Charizard04621
15th July 2003, 07:04 PM
Gengar is solid until it decides to phase; that's why it can walk on the ground with its feet if it wants to. That's also the only reason why it can affect things with its physical attacks. If it's phased, its punches and kicks will go right through. It makes sure it's unphased when it wants to go physical.

Once a ghost is phased, solid objects pass through as if nothing has happened. A ghost in ethereal form has no existing solid body, and therefore cannot feel solid assaults thrown at it. You have your Umbreon attempting futile tactics, as far as "attacking from the inside" is concerned.

Of course, for a normal Umbreon, the burst of speed from Quick Attack may actually catch my Gengar unaware, if he's concentrating on Thunderbolting your Umbreon or something, since ghosts have the ability to phase instinctively and rapidly when faced with solid assaults while still carrying out their attack orders. If your Umbreon does catch my Gengar before he phases, which is usually the purpose of combos like Quick Attack+Bite, you'll hit him while he's solid, and you get to actually do solid damage that you can't do while he's phased.

However, your Umbreon's reflexes are slowed due to her drowsiness, and my Gengar won't be concentrating on any other attack. His only objective will be to phase as quickly as possible, which greatly increases his chance of success.

Once your Umbreon goes right through my Gengar (or if she's managed to get him while he's solid anyway despite the circumstances), Aurvandil will unphase to deliver a Dynamicpunch blow to her, preferably to the head.

Now, against that annoying Signature Move that lacks an appropriate usage limit, Aurvandil will simply use Protect.

~ Phase ~ Dynamicpunch ~ Protect ~

Andrew
15th July 2003, 07:16 PM
I don't want to get into a big debate, so I guess the whole ghost issue is up to the Ref. The way I see it is basically a ghost generally isn't of a solid physical state. Like Casper, or The First Evil (Which techniqually isn't a ghost but has ghostlike qualities), or other ghosts in general as in a physical touch goes into and through them.

What I'm asking is for Umbreon to Quick attack "INSIDE" of the ghost and bite it. So yeah. This is all so confusing we don't have any real ghosts in real life to test on ^^;

lol.

Charizard04621
15th July 2003, 09:50 PM
I am aware of what you're trying to do... Unfortunately, it is very difficult for something to dash at something else that might as well be thin air, try to randomly stop in the middle of the jump, and bite into something that isn't there... Gravity and the fact that there is absolutely nothing to sink teeth into except for air kind of works against you there.

Jay
16th July 2003, 12:53 PM

Pre-battle

Statistics (End of Round Two)
- UmbreOz -
[84% Health – 77% Energy] [Adequately sleepy; enraged; restless]
- Aurvandil -
[68% Health – 87% Energy] [Slightly overconfident]

Still enraged over the slander makes UmbreOz even more determined to trounce Aurvandil once and for all. Though it will be toilsome for her in her present mental condition, still slightly slumberous but hastily wearing off as time advances. As she tries to stabilize, Aurvandil begins to make his move. Both trainers and pokémon are trying their absolute hardest to overwhelm one another; however, this is far from over yet. The conclusion is drawing more near as they scuffle. Colourful meteorites begin to fall past the arena, though the mysterious safeguard protects everyone thankfully, they continue to trek down below the battlegrounds. As they watch the kaleidoscope of colours flurry down to the earth, they get into disposition once more ready for another round!

UmbreOz [Quick Attack + Bite > Dark Rings]
Aurvandil [Phase > Dynamicpunch > Protect ]

Battle: Round Three
UmbreOz decides to endeavor what her trainer hoped for her to actualize last round, although still torpid, she’s ready to try. She powers up a rapid tackle and charges instantaneously at Aurvandil, who’s just waiting there, beaming. UmbreOz reaches Aurvandil’s locale on the battlegrounds and attempts to halt and does so… but Aurvandil appears to have vanished. She looks around the sector, and then finally glances behind her, and there he is. It appears as though UmbreOz was possibly too expeditious and halted too late.

Cackling, Aurvandil unphases from his previously phased self, and his fist radiates an evil white for a jiffy, until he levitates down towards UmbreOz. She attempts to run from Aurvandil, but he’s too swift for her. The inaccurate yet forceful punch strikes her hard, as she is sent flying across the battleground parterre, the boundary of the arena is proximally in range. Flustered and disorientated, she aspires to ascend from the blow and shakes her head around trying to come to her senses.

We watch as UmbreOz’s rings shine an evil black. Aurvandil is pondering on what to do, but UmbreOz immediately launches the dark rings at him, wasting no time for thought. The attack leaves a polished radiance as it travels through the silvery luminescence blanketing the battlegrounds. Not knowing how to counter the incoming attack, Aurvandil barricades behind a shield of protection and the rings simply bounce off the barrier.

Both UmbreOz and his mentor are disappointed at what transpired this round. As she stumbles around one side of the arena, the boundary still imminent, the ghostly menace cackles at her own dexterous work. I wave the flag designating an end to round three.

Post-battle Statistics (End of Round Three)

- UmbreOz -
[69% Health – 66% Energy] [Starting to tire; slightly restless; confused]
- Aurvandil -
[68% Health – 74% Energy] [Slightly overconfident]

Arena Statistics

Order of Attacking

OzAndrew attacks second.

Charizard04621
16th July 2003, 02:36 PM
Good, Aurvandil, but now we'll have to be careful. Try to fire off Hypnosis at the Umbreon before she can do anything else. Her mental defenses seem a little weakened. I think her reflexes will be slightly less responsive than yours at this point, though we can't always be too sure. Be careful, okay?

Stay in the air and out of UmbreOz's range at this point... Drop Thunderbolts on her, though. If she's asleep, deliver Dynamicpunch again. It seemed to work well, so why mess with it?

Luckily for us, there's been, for quite some time, a rule in the Approval Tower that gives a three action gap between usage of Signature Moves that have no written usage limit, so UmbreOz can't just spam her inadequately limited Signature Move three times per round. She's only allowed to attempt it again in the third action, so if she does, raise a Protect barrier.

~ Hypnosis ~ Thunderbolt/Dynamicpunch ~ Thunderbolt/Dynamicpunch/Protect ~

Andrew
16th July 2003, 05:55 PM
Ok first UmbreOz, run around and use Quick Attack to speed yourself up, its hard to fall asleep when full of adrenalin! So keep those paws moving! Hut hut hut! And try to snap out of confusion!

Then perhaps confuse Gengar yourself with a Confuse Ray

And finish off with a Psychic in Energy Bolt form(As used in the Epi - The Psychic Sidekicks by that Abra in case anyone wishes to dispute it ;) Sorry, just going lawyer on you and safeguarding myself)

EDIT: I alway make a point to thank the ref ^^; Thank you again Jay for reffing to quickly and so well.

Jay
18th July 2003, 08:25 AM

Pre-battle

Statistics (End of Round Three)

- UmbreOz -
[69% Health - 66% Energy] [Starting to tire; slightly restless; confused]
- Aurvandil -
[68% Health - 74% Energy] [Slightly overconfident]

"Aww thanks Andy! ^^ It's very much appreciated *Thought I would screw up loads* And thank you both for responding to your pokémon's attacks quickly."

Although I was slow at reffing this time around, I glomp at his generous compliments. =) Now back to the battle. Aurvandil resumes to be slightly overconfident as he continues to waste more energy on attacking rather than taking his time (slightly restless). If something isn't done soon he'll continue to become more and more overconfident with himself and more and more energy has gone to waste on impervious attacks. Nevertheless, he isn't the only one having minor mental contractions. UmbreOz slowly continues to tire, though calming down after the insults earlier on, she is still stumbling around in confusion, and slightly disorientated. She is beginning to come to her own senses as she looks much more relaxed and versatile than near the resumption of the match. They eye each other, as they get ready for a beginning to Round 4!

UmbreOz [Quick Attack > Confuse Ray > Psychic Electric Bolt]
Aurvandil [Hypnosis > Thunderbolt/Dynamicpunch > Thunderbolt/Dynamicpunch/Protect]

Battle: Round Four
Aurvandil focuses and gazes profoundly into the eyes of UmbreOz, sending mesmerizing hypnotic waves to the oculus. Not relishing the Gengar’s move one bit, UmbreOz initiates and vigorously roams the area in rapidity. She starts to relinquish masses of stamina by pounding all of her puissance into avoiding the hypnotism. The conclusion didn't happen as anticipated; she stumbles over instantaneously from her perplexed state. Thankfully the hypnotic waves weren't enough to drowse the eeveelution this time, as inflexible acquaintance with each other's eyes weren’t possible.

Aurvandil begins to radiate saffron, and from the air, he promptly pelts incalculable bolts of electricity at UmbreOz to keep her active. She moves hastily to try and avoid it and begins to exhaust more. Lag expresses fear, and inevitably came the aftermath. The now electrified UmbreOz gets even angrier, and launches an effulgent milky beam directly at Aurvandil, despite he attempts to transfigure direction to evade contact with the eye. It proved unsuccessfully as expected; the light engulfs him as he assembles to the ground to come to his own senses.

Grievously, coming to his awareness was hastily interrupted. Aurvandil begins to heave into the sky once over. Questioning how he got up there, he observes UmbreOz from above, whom gleams in a magenta brilliance. Immediately, the Gengar begins to feel voltage intensify throughout him. He screams in agony as he attempts to get down, but the more he struggles the more fatigue he burns. Evidently, Aurvandil feels somewhat more helpless at escaping the fury of the tiring UmbreOz. However, he needn’t withstand it for very long; he was unusually let go shortly after. Was it due to the excessive attacking which made UmbreOz slightly tired, or was it the confusion? Who knows? Although soon after she shuffles around the battlegrounds yet again, showing signs that she is still in a flustered plight.

The ghost pokémon has difficulty levitating down from the heavens, as he waves his head around striving to rid the perplexity. UmbreOz appears to be recuperating from the mass amounts of mental contractions Aurvandil had to propose much earlier, thankfully her mentor is pleased with her work, though she is behind in the statistics. The flag’s pole snapped, so I pull out a shiny, blue and metallic whistle that whistles a bird-like noise. That’s the new noise indicating an end to a round from now on. Without further adieu, I wheeze into it and sparrows lightly twitter around the peaceful sanctum, designating an end to Round 4.

Post-battle Statistics (End of Round Four)

- UmbreOz -
[54% Health - 52% Energy] [Starting to tire; slightly confused]
- Aurvandil -
[60% Health - 65% Energy] [Confused]

Arena Statistics

Order of Attacking

OzAndrew attacks first.

Edit. Gender confusion ^^;;;

Andrew
19th July 2003, 07:15 AM
Erker UmbreOz, ummm, time for "Attack Dirivatives!"

If you are going to be Hypnotized - Close your eyes to avoid eye contact.

But otherwise, take the time to recover with Moonlight that way you can get your HP back whilst its confused. Then use a Faint Attack and a close up Flash!

Moonlight - Faint Attack - Flash

Subs - If Hypnotism is today's trick, close those eyes!

Thanks again for reffing Jay! BTW just a Q, are you an approved Ref?

Charizard04621
19th July 2003, 10:55 AM
That confusion is unfortunate, Aurvandil... But we're still in this. If OzAndrew wants us to abuse substitutions, we will. Fire off a Hypnosis before she uses Moonlight, if you can. If she gets to pull it off, anyway, she'll just be wasting precious energy. When a pokémon is already starting to tire, that is not a good idea.

If UmbreOz has fallen asleep, Aurvandil, simply concentrate the rest of the round on shaking off your confusion... If she's awake, keep your eyes closed for the rest of the round, and try to shake off your confusion.

~ Hypnosis ~ Attempt to shake off confusion, keeping eyes closed if necessary ~

Jay
20th July 2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by OzAndrew

Thanks again for reffing Jay! BTW just a Q, are you an approved Ref?

Ye olé Apprentice Ref here. Thanks again too. *glomps* =D

Pre-battle

Statistics (End of Round Four)

- UmbreOz -
[54% Health - 52% Energy] [Starting to tire; slightly confused]
- Aurvandil -
[60% Health - 65% Energy] [Confused]

UmbreOz displays annotations of lassitude at last, after such a laborious battle, who’s to condemn? Thing is, this won’t conclude promptly any time soon; both are very determined to prevail. The indefinite conclusion is not near as of yet, and the aftermath can go either way at this velocity; anything can happen. UmbreOz shakes off her mystification prosperously, but starting to deteriorate already. Aurvandil, although chortling over the present plight that the Umbreon is in, endures in his bewildered condition as he tries to focus for the forthcoming round. Without further adieu, they get settled for yet another electrifying round of action!

UmbreOz [Moonlight > Faint Attack > Flash]
Aurvandil [Hypnosis > Shake Off Confusion/Close Eyes When Necessary]

Battle: Round Five
Aurvandil converges and stares profoundly once again into UmbreOz's oculus, whilst she endeavors to regain a fraction of health from the cogent platinum moon. Remarkably, the attack appears inevitable and with prosperity, UmbreOz is somewhat strained to look into supernatural trickster's eyes. UmbreOz attempts to shut her eyes, but extraordinarily she is forced to not look away. This doesn't look good for her at the moment. Aurvandil resumes to send grievous and deep waves of hypnotism undeviatingly into the eye forces UmbreOz to become sluggish once again. She yawns and tries her best not to succumb to the slumber, but it isn't substantiating. Uh oh.

She tries her hardest not to go to dream land. UmbreOz's mentor influences her to not doze off, and tells her to render a faint attack, but even endeavoring to start just proved disastrous, and immediately thereafter she falls to the ground due to the cataplexy. Beginning to snore, Aurvandil gleams at his accomplishment, as UmbreOz has become thoroughly enchanted and peacefully she slumbers on the battlefield floor.

Finding a locale to recuperate for a while, Aurvandil sits on the ground aspiring to convulse the stupefaction. He shakes his head around as he begins to come to his senses and instantly his prevalent state recovers. For the rest of the round he just diligently dwells about, generating a bit of dynamism in the process. UmbreOz seems to be accumulating enhanced energy also, but not as swift. Due to assault ceasing it appears to be achieving some good for both combatants. While we watch them luxuriate longer, chirps shelter the arena again, which indicates the end to round 5.

Post-battle Statistics (End of Round Five)

- UmbreOz -
[54% Health - 62% Energy] [Hypnotized/Asleep]
- Aurvandil -
[60% Health - 79% Energy] [Galvanized]

Arena Statistics

Order of Attacking

OzAndrew attacks second.

Andrew
20th July 2003, 10:55 PM
Ok I am seriously miffed. There's something wierd about this thread IMO. Look at Jay's last edit of his reffing 1st of January 2000. Something's up. And when I edited in something before it didn't show up. That's seriously wierd.

Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention ^^;

Jay
20th July 2003, 11:22 PM
Ok I am seriously miffed. There's something wierd about this thread IMO. Look at Jay's last edit of his reffing 1st of January 2000. Something's up. And when I edited in something before it didn't show up. That's seriously wierd.

Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention ^^;

lmao. It's my signature ^^ No need to worry. :Looks real, huh? (Notice two edits, the real and fake?) =O

Should I delete it to cause less confusion?

Andrew
20th July 2003, 11:33 PM
Oh Well DUH me. But there is something up, I edited a post before and nothing came up. So there's still something iffy lol.

Good trick.

Jay
21st July 2003, 04:00 AM
Oh Well DUH me. But there is something up, I edited a post before and nothing came up. So there's still something iffy lol.

Good trick.

Not to try and spam up the topic even more, but just some interesting info, if you edit your post within 2 minutes it doesn't show up as it being edited. Attempt it next time you post, quickly edit in anything and you'll see what I mean.

lol Don't worry about it, that's what I had hoped for. ;)

Charizard04621
21st July 2003, 08:42 AM
Wow, Jay, you evil person. :P ROFL! Nice one. ^_^;

Okay, Aurvandil, that was great! Unfortunately for us, since the protective barrier is up, we can't throw UmbreOz off the arena's edge, and we can't tamper with the barrier intentionally unless we want to be disqualified... But no matter. Terra Blast should do the trick. While she's sleeping, Aurvandil, grab her and bring her as high up as you can before throwing her to the ground and propelling her with Hyper Beam. She won't be struggling, so you only have to worry about bringing up her weight. It'll be less difficult for you, though perhaps a struggle nevertheless. Try your best. This combo is made for those gifted with flight rather than Teleportation... It is more difficult to carry a pokémon up a distance through time when it is struggling all the way, rather than in one quick burst of mental determination, which is why the final Hyper Beam is there to make sure all height lost to that inefficiency is made up for.

~ Terra Blast (Upward flight+Seismic Toss in this case only, but Strength or just plain carrying will do the trick+Hyper Beam) ~

Andrew
21st July 2003, 05:22 PM
Uh oh.

That move seems to be how do I say "Eepage" all I can say is Sleep Talk until you wake up. And if you do wake up, then use moves like Faint Attack to get back on the ground and out of the way of danger. Or if you're going to hit the ground hard, use a Protect to hopefully soften the blow.

Jay
24th July 2003, 07:39 AM

Pre-battle

Statistics (End of Round Five)

- UmbreOz -
[54% Health - 62% Energy] [Hypnotized/Asleep]
- Aurvandil -
[60% Health - 79% Energy] [Galvanized]

After such a tolerably dawdling round for both combatants, who could blame them? UmbreOz sojourns on the floor idling away the time under the hypnotism caused by Aurvandil who is continuing to lapse from the action before he verbalizes his attack on the indefensible Umbreon. She's at a hindrance, but there is no way that she is out of this yet; ditto to Aurvandil who is enlivened at his own accomplishments so far. Confident, he is ready to get set as he stands up from his break, and glares at UmbreOz, with an evil luminescence glowing in his demonic eyes. He gets set ready for the next round: Round Six!

UmbreOz [Sleep Talk/Faint Attack/Protect, Sleep Talk/Faint Attack/Protect, Sleep Talk/Faint Attack/Protect]
Aurvandil [Terra Blast]

Battle: Round Six
Taking his precious time (but not too prolonged), Aurvandil, in his solid form, grabs the spellbound Umbreon and escalates him into the heavenly serene sky to discharge an immense frenzy accordingly. Suddenly, UmbreOz begins to mutter her lips about. Aurvandil, engaged, looks at UmbreOz peculiarly. She is trying to produce a charm in her own sleep, by trying to flirt with Aurvandil in the firmament! He becomes bashful but he doesn’t stop continuing overhead, but sort of feeling neglected for doing such an act. The cuddly Umbreon acts as a baby in her sleep as she tries to kiss Aurvandil passionately. Without consuming any subsequent time, he tosses her hard from a fairly altitudinous distance as she falls, still trying to be fervent in her sleep.

Insignificant reluctance occurs with Aurvandil, whom is attempting to create a ponderous gleam of energy to fire directly at her. The attack proved to not be as effective as expected due to the charisma, but nevertheless it was fired but with incomplete potential. Yet, the fairly powerful beam engulfs UmbreOz in a milky luster as damage drains away steadily.

The sore Umbreon awakens upon striking the hard ground, too late with being able to set up the protection before clouting the ground at high speed due to the beam. Breathing heavily from the attack, she limps around on the battleground floor after arising from the hit; indicating that she has one wrenched leg. Ouch! This will affect her performance somewhat, but let’s hope she is able to keep up with the ominous Aurvandil whom is still in an animated state. He floats down on top of the chateau that surprisingly appeared to be nearby. How will UmbreOz attack Aurvandil whilst he is up on top of the palace? What plans are both of them reflecting upon right now? A light twitter surrounds the arena indicating an end to this round.

Post-battle Statistics (End of Round Six)

- UmbreOz -
[47% Health - 64% Energy] [Limping (One leg impaired)]
- Aurvandil -
[60% Health - 72% Energy] [Galvanized; slightly charmed]

Arena Statistics

Order of Attacking

OzAndrew attacks first.

Charizard04621
24th July 2003, 08:22 AM
Umbreon took 7% damage? >_<

Jay
24th July 2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
Umbreon took 7% damage? >_<

Seems like it - Though your Gengar was swayed with an enchanting effect she took diminished damaged.

Andrew
27th July 2003, 05:05 PM
Perhaps just Bide your time eh Umbreon, prepare for any incoming attacks K :) Then you can hopefully deal them back.

Sorry for the delay, my email notification, I didn't get it ;_;

^^; Thanks again Jay

Charizard04621
28th July 2003, 07:52 AM
Aurvandil, shake it off. UmbreOz is not the cute, harmless little Umbreon she's trying to seem. Do you remember how she blasted you with all those nasty Shadow Balls? Do you remember how she whacked you with psychic energy? Do you remember how you had to Protect yourself from her horrid Signature Move? She's trying to hurt you! Stop feeling sorry for her already, unless you want to feel loads of pain, which, I assure you, you do not.

Right. Aurvandil, Bide only works on any direct damage. This is something you do not need to do. Catch my drift? Blast her with Hypnosis again until she falls asleep. She's going to be a sitting Umbreon, so to speak. Totally open to your attacks while she waits and watches. And... becomes... sleepy...

Once she's asleep, spit out a Toxic.

~ Get over Charm ~ Hypnosis ~ Toxic/Hypnosis ~

Jay
31st July 2003, 05:35 AM
lol, you're welcome Andy. ^^;

OzAndrew vs. Charizard04621, Round 7
UmbreOz (F) the Umbreon vs. Aurvandil (M) the Gengar

Pre-battle - End of Round 6:
UmbreOz: 47% health (64% energy), limping.
Aurvandil: 60% health (72% energy), galvanized, slightly charmed.

With an impaired leg, UmbreOz just prepares for any incoming damage dealing moves that Aurvandil decides to assault her with. Incomprehensible effulgence cloaks UmbreOz immediately, ready to deal back any damage Aurvandil distributes afterwards. Though, that ghostly fiend just takes a break for the moment to realize all the events that transpired between him and that pesky Umbreon. The allure wasn't all that effectual, and as a conclusion the seduction shook off effortlessly, and Aurvandil is mad as ever, reminiscing all of those bad memories of Shadow Balls, Dark Rings and other revolting attempts to overthrow him. It was time to deal back that damage! How will that occur with UmbreOz sojourning?

Simple in this case, since the Gengar has some nasty plans of his own. Though, Aurvandil is at a bit of a disadvantage, residing all the way up on the château. He begins to float down towards the ground, as UmbreOz eyefully watches him descend, the Gengar gazes deeply into her eyes. Not surprisingly, it didn't work that effectively, but Aurvandil descends closer to the battleground floor.

Aurvandil attempts to hypnotize UmbreOz again, but at a safer level to the ground. Not taking her eyes off him for one moment, and continuing to bide her time, UmbreOz ultimately feels somnolent once again. She falls over instantly since she can’t support her leg and attend to her sluggish state at the same time. Using all her effort to get up off the ground, the mystic aura fades that once surrounded her, and the end conclusion wasn’t all that it appeared to be.

Post-battle - End of Round 7:
UmbreOz: 47% health (64% energy), limping, sluggish.
Aurvandil: 60% health (70% energy), sane.

Arena Statistics

Order of attacking
OzAndrew attacks second.

Charizard04621
31st July 2003, 08:13 AM
Nice work, Aurvandil. Be careful, however. You've got some reaction time advantage over UmbreOz, but she may still be able to give you some problems. Anyway, begin quickly with Hypnosis. Little good dashing around will do her with a bad leg and her sluggish state.

Toxic once if she's sleeping, but blast her with Thunderbolts otherwise.

~ Hypnosis ~ Toxic/Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt/Toxic ~

Andrew
31st July 2003, 05:19 PM
Ok then, UmbreOz, first off, do NOT look at Gengar, fire off your own Confuse Ray. Then, follow up with some Dark Rings and finish up with a Psychic attack. *Shrugs* All out offence is hopefully a good defense.

Confuse Ray - Dark Rings - Psychic

Thanks for reffing again Jay, but what happened to that spiffy layout?

Charizard04621
31st July 2003, 05:38 PM
Um, Oz... How do you aim Confuse Ray if you're not looking at Gengar?

Andrew
31st July 2003, 07:26 PM
Charnumber, haven't you ever seen Confuse Ray in the Anime?

Chinchou vs Corsola, Trinity vs Misty, Whirl cup.

Chinchou made a confuse ray which was almost unavoidable, a wall of pinkish light in an ever expanding wall from its antennae. But Misty countered by making Corsola dive underwater to where there was no confuse ray. But Trinity made Chinchou place its antennae in the water to which the confuse ray spread underwater and Corsola was unable to avoid.

All in all, Chinchou didn't have to look at its target and it was such a large attack.

Charizard04621
1st August 2003, 09:44 AM
I've seen that episode, but I don't think *everything* uses Confuse Ray like that. I believe it was just the fact that Trinity's Chinchou was very well trained. She *was* considered a great Water pokémon trainer, after all. Her Gyarados's Hyper Beam was madness, and did you see how HUGE her fricken Chinchou's Spark was? Anyway, that's up to Jay.

[EDIT]: One more question. Isn't "avert gaze", "Confuse Ray", "Dark Rings", and "Psychic" four actions? *shrugs*

Jay
2nd August 2003, 07:56 AM
Alright, Andy gets his pretty groovy design back. :)

UmbreOz the Female Umbreon vs. Aurvandil the Male Gengar

Round 7: Pre-battle
UmbreOz = 47% Health (64% Energy), limping, sluggish.
Aurvandil = 60% Health (70% Energy), sane.

UmbreOz idling out this round appeared to have not caused much distress, but rather the end conclusion returned some nasty results. She becomes sluggish once again. Will this affect her future performance enough? If it does, something will need to be done posthaste, but yet there's always that option of switching... Aurvandil prepares for the following round in top condition, as the round begins!

Round 8: Battle
As sluggish as UmbreOz already is, she is determined on not allowing Aurvandil to benefit from her present condition. She shuts her eyes to avoid further indolence that Aurvandil contributes, as he proceeds to fire narcotic waves. Repressed and flustered, he blasts a sheet of lightning swiftly, but all of a sudden, a pearly white light engulfs the partial area where UmbreOz resides. Despite that, she feels an electrical surge escalate throughout her whole body. That awoken her current sluggish state into a more refined status, but the ghostly demon seems to be unaffected by the mesmerizing luster. She still hasn’t recovered fully from her sluggishness, but her condition is improving.

Might as go for another attempt at that "horrid signature move", in Aurvandil's words, as UmbreOz' ring's depressingly glow an evil black. After a shot while, multifarious hoops emit from the darkness and fire uninterruptedly at Aurvandil, who endeavors to abscond into the sky to avoid them, but they latch on instantly. He tries to shake them off, but it doesn't prove to be very reliable. Aurvandil feels the health sap away from him, whilst all that energy is conveyed to the rings itself. The job was complete and the rings disconnect and fire straight back at UmbreOz to provide her with added health, thankfully. Another speedy bolt of electricity shoots directly at the Umbreon, as even more electricity blankets him in a yellow effulgence. Even more worrisome, UmbreOz falls to the ground. Why? Her leg has become further impaired, as her whole back left-leg has become further anesthetized. She's able to stand up, but her balance on all fours has become fairly ostracized. With this new incapacity, she can't seem to focus fully to be able to perform her next metaphysical assault. How will she be able to perform in the rounds to come?

Round 8: Post-battle
UmbreOz = 31% Health (51% Energy), impassive back left-leg, slightly languid.
Aurvandil = 42% Health (55% Energy), normal.

Arena Statistics

Order of Attacking
OzAndrew attacks first.

Andrew
2nd August 2003, 10:28 PM
Woo, spiffy layout is back. Thanks Jay

Ok UmbreOz, perhaps start off with a Confuse Ray

Then, since you've seen Hypnosis used SO MUCH, perhaps you could try and mimic your own version

And finish off with a Shadow Ball K :)

Confuse Ray - If you can make your own Hypnosis, mimic it. - Shadow Ball.

No harm in trying.

Charizard04621
2nd August 2003, 11:03 PM
Fine. Aurvandil, the time has come. Substitute quickly. It doesn't need to be a large one. That should protect you from the things UmbreOz will be throwing your way.

While she's distracted, come up from behind her with Seismic Toss into the moat. I'd like to see her even try to swim with a leg in that condition.

Oh, yeah, once she's in there, either blast the struggling Umbreon with Zap Cannon to constrict her muscles further (only if you have enough electrical energy left); otherwise peg her with Hyper Beam.

If she's drowning, her trainer might just want to recall her before she suffers more. We'll leave that choice up to him, but first, Aurvandil, we have to actually put that Umbreon into that position, so you've got to work hard. Now go. Exercise extreme caution. Our plan must not fail.

~ Substitute ~ Seismic Toss (until successful) ~ Zap Cannon/Hyper Beam ~

Jay
3rd August 2003, 12:53 AM
Round 9

Round 8: Pre-battle
UmbreOz = 31% Health (51% Energy), impassive back left-leg, slightly languid.
Aurvandil = 42% Health (55% Energy), normal.

A few nasty sheets of lightning have made this particular Umbreon’s leg cloyed. She currently isn’t in the best of predicaments, but yet it’s barely moveable. Poor UmbreOz. On the other jaunty side of the arena, we see Aurvandil gleam at his devious work that we’ve all speculated over. Let’s all hope UmbreOz, even with a very impaired leg, can give Aurvandil a run for his money until the bout ends!

Round 9: Battle
A surprised glistening shimmer swallows the partial area yet again where UmbreOz resides, in hopes of confusing the cadaverous devil. At that same moment, Aurvandil was dressed to insulate against the blazing light. The streak was, in fact, too quick for Aurvandil to be able to set up the double-body expeditiously enough to protect from it, but he had enough focus to be able to devise the proxy, nonetheless.

Hypnosis seemed like a fickle move that UmbreOz would be acute enough to know, and may prove to be convenient. After memorizing the techniques used to create such, she now knows how to send the Gengar into a deep trance for a short while. In fact, where is Aurvandil? UmbreOz gets anxious for an instant, and looks around to try and spot him. All of a sudden, she feels a slight zephyr lift up at her face. Lift up? She notices the ground not far below, and then she sees the two demoniac hands of Aurvandil grab her. He lifts her above his head, and chucks her harshly as far as he can into the nearby bayou outside of the palace.

Crashing in the trench created a tremendous douse that cerecloth’s a part of the battlefield in miniature tarns of liquid. UmbreOz takes a huge dive under the water unintentionally, but soon after buoys back up to the surface, whilst coughing up water shot down into the lungs acrimoniously. It’ll be very difficult to create a Shadow Ball whilst she’s having difficulty trying to swim out of the moat! She sanctifies her turn by trying to escape from the treacherous estuary with Aurvandil guilefully contemplating.

As much electrical dynamism Aurvandil has already depleted on two recent thunderbolts, he endeavors to fire a shaky globe of electricity right into the moat, in hopes of locking up UmbreOz’s muscles beyond what her leg could do currently. The electrical sphere formed instantaneously and shot straight into the moat; fairly powerful, considering he's in a bewildered state. The former peacefully undisturbed moat transfigured into a hydroelectric repository… and a deathbed for UmbreOz? She isn’t out of this yet, but she has taken a subsequent amount of damage from such a technique that Aurvandil has performed.

Round 9: Post-battle
UmbreOz = 11% Health (45% Energy), impassive back left-leg, plunged in moat, mimicked hypnosis, tiring.
Aurvandil = 27% Health (38% Energy), substitute (15%), dazed.

Arena Statistics
Hydroelectric moat.

Order of Attacking
OzAndrew attacks second.

Charizard04621
3rd August 2003, 01:12 AM
Excellent, Aurvandil... Now, for the final push... While she's struggling, do your best to Sludge Bomb (learned in RS) until she falls.

~ Sludge Bomb ~

Andrew
5th August 2003, 05:17 PM
Oh HELLO Chaps and Chapettes. I believe at this point in time I'm what you called "Screwed over"

Well first off use a Pursuit to try get out of that water... if not well... yeah... then I want you to try and hypnotise it at all costs....

Oh well :|

Jay
9th August 2003, 03:18 PM

Round 9: Pre-battle
UmbreOz = 11% Health (45% Energy), impassive back left-leg, plunged in moat, mimicked hypnosis, tiring.
Aurvandil = 27% Health (38% Energy), substitute (15%), dazed.

UmbreOz has gotten herself in a really messed up situation here, as she wades in the moat struggling to get out with a very impaired leg. That Seismic Toss did wonders for Aurvandil, ready to do his best to finish her off!

Round 10: Battle
A struggle for concentration concludes with UmbreOz having a lot of difficulty getting out of the stream with pursuit. Aurvandil is now in the ideal situation to finish her off while she struggles in the moat. With the confusion almost deceased, a repulsive ball of sludge discharges immediately into the moat. It soon splatters and overwhelms a large portion of the water, with sludge lying gently on top. UmbreOz slightly hit.

An even more desperate struggle for UmbreOz was committed to bring herself out of the moat. With the diminutive amount of strength she has left, she rises up out of the moat and on to the surface. Before she could regain enough focus to assemble hypnosis, not to mention it would have failed due to the double body, a final ball of muck was dispatched that hit UmbreOz hard, bringing her down.

Round 10: Post-battle
UmbreOz = 0% Health (0% Energy), fainted.
Aurvandil = 27% Health (30% Energy), substitute (15%), recovered from confusion.

OzAndrew needs to select his next combatant!

Arena Statistics
Moat covered in muck.

Charizard04621
9th August 2003, 03:26 PM
Superb, Aurvandil. Not only did you finish off your opponent; you did it without initiative, so OzAndrew will have to attack first this round. I wonder what he'll send out...

Andrew
10th August 2003, 06:23 PM
Well for my next battler, I choose OzMime Version 2.0! Go!

*Throws out Pogemon Ball*

OzMime, Shadow Ball X 3

And use Teleport where you see fit to avoid attacks.

And and he's male BTW. Lol..

I don't think I'm going to win you know.

At least Mr. Mime V. 2.0 doesn't have Dandruff lol

Charizard04621
10th August 2003, 06:29 PM
Fine. Looks like we don't have time to play around with Toxic, so there's only one thing for you to do, Aurvandil. While Mr. Mime is distracted by your Substitute, inflict maximum damage on him. You've got plenty of energy left, so this blast should be a good one. Go out in a final burst of blazing fury, Aurvandil, and claim your glory! Explosion.

~ Explosion ~

[EDIT]: Sorry, I accidentally typed "Go it in a final burst of blazing fury", and it was really bothering me, because that sounds so uncool. O_o Anyway, Oz let me edit that annoying typo out, so yeah. ^_^;

Jay
11th August 2003, 10:57 AM
OzMime the Male Mr. Mime vs. Aurvandil the Male Gengar

Round 10: Pre-battle
OzMime = 100% Health (100% Energy), fresh.
Aurvandil = 27% Health (30% Energy), substitute (15%), recovered from confusion.

The poorly beaten UmbreOz was restored to her Poké Ball, as a vermilion ray shimmers across the battlegrounds. Ozzy, thwarted, vigilantly selects his next warrior to unleash its retribution on Aurvandil, and to what that wrongdoer caused, who could impugn him? Grabbing a spherical Poké Ball from his pouch, a trivial element of the stadium glows crimson for a flash. When the radiance had vanished, there exposes a male Mr. Mime, OzMime! Let's see what this interesting foe has as a trump card.

Round 11: Battle
Garden-fresh, OzMime is resolute to fracture Aurvandil’s double body. In attempt, numerous spheres of sinister power were directly hurled at the proxy, taking flawless damage. While OzMime is endeavouring to shatter the double body, Aurvandil strategically plans to teleport into an idyllic location to unleash a ‘final assault’. His actions were eternally detrimental for UmbreOz, and it seems this Gengar has done its duty, and can no longer endure such torment from a new opponent. A desperate attempt to drain as much energy from OzMime in exchange for his own life appeared to be the best decision, in his trainer’s words.

Engaged with the substitute, OzMime had no idea what was coming his way! In a matter of seconds, a colossal eruption of violent energy engulfs the entire area! The ashen glow ambiences the whole of the palace, the gardens, and eventually reaching the force field, which was too prevailing to allow even an explosion of energy to break through it. Once it had all cleared, Aurvandil was gone, and what was left was horrific. We have OzMime ruthlessly wounded from the unforeseen attack, and a bunch of annoyed Houndoom yapping sadistically, trying to reckon what all that commotion was!

Round 11: Post-battle
OzMime = 40% Health [capped] (85% Energy), hurt.
Aurvandil = 0% Health (0% Energy), fainted.

Charizard04621 needs to select her next combatant!

Arena Statistics
Moat covered in muck.

Charizard04621
11th August 2003, 11:21 AM
Zephyr, go! Isn't my Eevee cute, Oz? She's enjoyed tearing apart a Jolteon before, and I think she'll have a good match against your Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime's a really good pokémon with plenty of moves to work with. Zephyr will enjoy the challenge he can provide.

Zephyr, taunt Mr. Mime for his misfortune. He comes out of his ball to fight, and then, suddenly, he goes up in a huge explosion! It's pathetic! Are you really going to be antagonized by someone who got blown up big time? Nuh uh, not a chance. Go in heavy on the insults and rude gestures, Zephyr. Swagger.

Right, proceed to Shadow Ball Mr. Mime as much as you can, or Bite onto his legs from behind hard if he gets too close and wants to play melee combat. Target a new leg if the other one's already sufficiently injured.

~ Swagger ~ Shadow Ball/Bite as time allows ~

Andrew
11th August 2003, 05:49 PM
Ok OzMime, Hypnotise that Eevee into slumber till sucess, then toxify it and add a thunderwave.

Also Charnumber, you're evil. So very, very, very evil. :(

Thanks for the quick reffing Jay!

Hypnotise Till Success - Toxic - Thunderwave.

Jay
12th August 2003, 08:36 AM
Ya welcome Oz ^_^

Round 12

OzMime the Male Mr. Mime vs. Zephyr the Female Eevee

Round 11: Pre-battle
OzMime = 40% Health [capped] (85% Energy), hurt.
Zephyr = 100% Health (100% Energy), fresh.

OzMime shakes off the damage taken from the Explosion, as Aurvandil was returned to his Poké Ball. Immediately, his trainer wastes no time in choosing her next fighter. Out in a gust of ruby-red smoke, her trusted Eevee, Zephyr, has surfaced to join the battle, and is more than equipped and resolute to take that Mr. Mime down.

Round 12: Battle
Zephyr commences by gloating about how distinguished Aurvandil was in abolishing over half of OzMime’s energy, but it doesn't appear like she grabbed his attention at all. All he's rapt on is creating an infant spellbinding wave to send that Eevee to dreamland. Zephyr probably deserved that, as her insults weaken along with her mental condition, she falls to the ground, spellbound! OzMime is in the ideal situation to take a chunk out of Zephyr’s health, but first, strategic play.

While Zephyr catnaps, OzMime discharges a purple blob of toxins neatly in the direction of the stranded Eevee. Evidently the slime wasn't precisely fired at a distance, settling straight in front of her. One more trivial attempt to impose a status condition seems inevitable. A blur of static electricity engulfs Zephyr flawlessly, as her physique tightens; she awakens, though she is still very somnolent. She tries in a desperate attempt to get up off the floor, though she just lies there pessimistically.

Poor Zephyr. Dice didn't go well for her whatsoever, though she is in a nice position statistically. But psychologically… that’s controversial.

Round 12: Post-battle
OzMime = 40% Health (79% Energy), normal.
Zephyr = 96% Health (99% Energy), very drowsy, paralysed (2 more rounds).

OzAndrew attacks first.

Arena Statistics
Muck scattering in moat rapidly.
Flooring sheltered in toxic gunk opposite Zephyr.

Andrew
12th August 2003, 09:14 AM
Ok OzMime, use another Toxic, and then try to Hypnotise that fox once again. And if it shuts its eyes, use Psychic to throw it into that gunky water. Should keep it in a bit of trouble.

-Toxic - Hypnosis - Hypnosis/Safeguard

Sub - Psychic it into the water if it closes its eyes.

Charizard04621
12th August 2003, 09:53 AM
Darn, Zephyr wasn't fast enough to distract a Mr. Mime from an attack that required intense concentration... I was actually laughing at Oz for trying such a silly strategy, attempting Hypnosis in the face of a full-blown Swagger. Oh, well, looks like the randomizer didn't like me.

Fine, Zephyr, here we go. I know this will be tough on you, but we've got some catching up to do from the previous round. I know you'll do your best. Quick Attack + Bite + Flail combo, dashing out behind him and latching on to his closest leg tightly. Do not let go, and then proceed to thrash around and rip apart his flesh and bone. I'd like to see him try to Toxic or Hypnotize you from there.

This is an accelerated Va'szlain combo created by SilverSuicune... Ever seen how a predator mangles the prey it has between its teeth? Similar principle. And yes, small things can be deadly, too, if they target even smaller things. Namely, Zephyr going for one of Mr. Mime's skinny, fragile legs that look like they can snap if too much pressure is put on them.

Do your best, Zephyr. I know this is hard, but I'm counting on you to make a comeback. Remember how you smashed that Jolteon to bits even when it was going to use its Signature Move that breaks every single rule in the Approval Tower against you? Yeah, this should be no different. You have great potential, Zephyr... Let's do this.

~ accelerated Va'szlain (Quick Attack + Bite + Flail) ~

Jay
16th August 2003, 01:54 AM
I'm so sorry for the late reffing. :( That shouldn't happen too often. I'm very sorry.

Round 13

Round 12: Pre-battle
OzMime = 40% Health (79% Energy), normal.
Zephyr = 96% Health (99% Energy), very drowsy, paralysed (2 more rounds).

A very hypnotized Zephyr leaves OzMime with the upper hand. Strategic play speedily came into action, as the electrical wave snapped Zephyr out of the catnap; she still has some catching up to do in a paralysed and sleepy state. Let's all hope she'll snap out of it completely very soon.

Round 13: Battle
Without wasting any time, Zephyr quickly speeds around to the back of OzMime whom can't perform hypnosis, since he doesn't know where she is. Uh oh, what's going to happen now? ...

... Nothing. OzMime observes Zephyr by twisting around into position, and he also notices Zephyr’s physique was stiffening. A swift ejection of liquid toxins directly triggers out of OzMime’s mouth, which cloaks the deprived Eevee whom has already been harmed enough. A small area of sludge was left remaining on the floor from the toxic, but Zephyr isn't giving up yet.

Before OzMime could use his powerful immersion to send the Eevee into the filthy moat, Zephyr ensues to hastily hurtle up to his right leg, and then wreaking a spine quaking bite! OzMime attempts to boot Zephyr off of his leg, but his skinny leg prove to be of no sort of help. All she does is grip on to that leg, ripping away at the flesh, as the poor Mr. Mime screeches. Zephyr's health slowly begins to sap away due to the toxic, is something ever going to be done to rid of it? What about OzMime - What will he do about Zephyr powerfully clasped onto his leg? Maybe that'll all be answered in the rounds to come. After all that scurrying, Zephyr's lethargy has worn off, though she still has to deal with two status inflicted conditions disturbing her immensely.

Round 13: Post-battle
OzMime = 26% Health (72% Energy), right leg hurting, Zephyr gripped to right leg.
Zephyr = 93% Health (86% Energy), paralysed (1 more round), badly poisoned, gripped to OzMime's right leg.

OzAndrew attacks second.

Arena Statistics

Charizard04621
16th August 2003, 11:12 AM
Continue to Bite down harder onto OzMime's leg and Flail about as long as you have that grip... But if he gets out of your reach, Shadow Ball. OzMime's fake illusions can't trick you if you're already clinging onto him.

~ Bite+Flail as long as grip is maintained/Shadow Ball ~

Andrew
19th August 2003, 05:31 PM
Ok Lets See. ;_;

Step 1 - Teleport to that aforementioned castle Till Sucess leaving evil Eevee behind.
Step 2 - Devote As much Health as possible to Glover
Step 3 - Rest

Try and complete those steps Mimey, don't skip over any of them at all. If it fails, try try again.

Mr. Mime - Male - OzMime V. 2.0
Sig Move - Glover
Description - Mr Mime concentrates for a turn before sacrificing his Health to go into a giant Glove that will appear above the battle. This glove looks like um… someone’s stolen it from a Disney Mouse. This glove can carry out simple attacks such as slapping, punching, grabbing and the like. Hovering around the Glove can be ordered to attack. However only three orders can be given per round between the both of them. This glove has no type and can be attacked to be destroyed. It can take a defensive approach and shield Mr. Mime. The Glove only has as much HP as Mr. Mime decides to sacrifice to it. Once the glove is destroyed another one cannot be summoned.
Type: Nil | Accuracy: 95% | Damage: Up to ref | Side Effects: Mr. Mime loses HP and it is devoted to the Glove.

Jay
22nd August 2003, 08:17 PM
Round 14

Round 13: Pre-battle
OzMime = 26% Health (72% Energy), right leg hurting, Zephyr gripped to right leg.
Zephyr = 93% Health (86% Energy), paralyzed (1 more round), badly poisoned, gripped to OzMime's right leg.

Zephyr continues to stay firmly gripped to OzMime's right leg and he's now in the struggle, with health sapping away at every bite Zephyr's teeth dig into his flesh and bone. Booting the Eevee off doesn't seem to be operating according to plan. Hopefully she'll be dealt with soon.

Round 14: Battle
The first duty of OzMime is to remove that Eevee at once, who, in fact, is abiding to gnaw and thrash at his right leg that has been weakened significantly. OzMime's concentration has been disturbed thanks to the mauling. His main intention is to teleport to the high celestial palace, but is having major difficulty getting out of this situation. His focus isn't enough to teleport to the extraterrestrial citadel.

Concentrating on OzMime's signature move is returning pretty much the same results, but the same thing is getting old. With Zephyr shredding his leg apart, he is able to produce a pasty glove to aid him, and devoting as much health as possible…

… Unfortunately, OzMime leg has been finally dislodged as Zephyr's job was done, as her muscles begin to relax. He falls to the floor after producing the glove, as his health has been completed drained. Glover descends to the ground and slaps the spiteful Eevee for what she had done. It smashes her into the back of the force field due to the immense force, but she appears to be okay. For now.

Round 14: Post-battle
OzMime = 0% Health (0% Energy), fainted.
Zephyr = 78% Health (79% Energy), paralysis gone, badly poisoned, slammed to back of the force field.

OzAndrew needs to select his next combatant.

Arena Statistics
Glover (16% health) mounting in air.

Andrew
22nd August 2003, 08:37 PM
Ok for my last battler, I choose OzBuzz my Electabuzz. I want to release him in Glover's palm K.

Basically we're going to sit back and wait for the toxins to do their stuff.

So Glover, go as high as you can and all the while keep OzBuzz from falling and make sure he can breathe.

When at your optimal height I'll have OzBuzz create a Static Shield and hold onto it and if that eevee tries to Pursuit its way up here, then I want you to use a seismic toss on it to throw it back down to earth.

Hover as high as you can go safely fo EBuzz (Glover) - Static Shield - Seismic Toss.

Subs - If Ebuzz is knocked off, bring him back Glover.

Thanks for reffing Jay! I know you're busy and all!

Electabuzz - Male - OzBuzz
Signature Move: Static Shield
Electabuzz makes a shield out of Electricity that is charged with Electricity, and looks like a medieval knight's Shield. Electabuzz can either hold onto the shield to block/weaken incoming attacks. Alternatively Electabuzz can throw the Electric Shield at the opponent. If the opposing Pokemon is touched by the Static Shield, there is an 85% chance of them becoming paralysed. However if the Shield is used to block attacks and then thrown, the damage drops down to 5%. The Static Shield can be also dissipate if a very strong attack hits it. The Static Shield is useless against Ground or Rock Attacks. If a Pokemon uses a Physical Attack (Body Slam), then when they hit the Static Shield they will take 5% damage and have an 85% chance of becoming paralysed.
Type: Electric | Accuracy: 80% | Damage: 10% or 5% | Paralyze: 85%

Edit: Forgot to add sig ^^;

Charizard04621
23rd August 2003, 11:42 AM
Simple stuff. Fire Shadow Ball at Glover until it breaks or you've used up two actions, whichever comes first. Whatever you do, make sure you Baton Pass to Phobia the Misdreavus this round. She'll take over for you, Zephyr. You've been excellent. Let's show Oz the meaning of fear.

~ Shadow Ball, making sure to leave enough time ~ Baton Pass (ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY) ~

Jay
26th August 2003, 05:50 AM
Round 15

OzBuzz the Male Electabuzz vs. Zephyr the Female Eevee

Round 14: Pre-battle
OzBuzz = 100% (100% Energy), recent.
Zephyr = 78% Health (79% Energy), paralysis gone, badly poisoned, slammed to back of the force field.

With Oz's second pokémon, OzMime, down and out, he doesn't seem to have been the only one fighting the morose Zephyr. OzMime's signature move was able to fully drain his health in order to create a superior glove to use as a form of support for the next combatant that Oz is ready to select. Grasping at an additional pokéball, Oz chucks it on Glover, and at once, surfaces an electrical brute, known as an Electabuzz. What malicious wonders does this pokémon have up his glove? Literally speaking.

Round 15: Battle
With that annoying Electabuzz acknowledging the toxins to do their work on Zephyr, Glover secures his hand to allow a slight amount of air voyage through the very sheltered area for OzBuzz to respire. He elevates up as high as he can go, but that Eevee wasn't allowing him to get away that effortlessly. Two explosive balls of ghastly energy were discharged to destroy Glover once and for all, and at that same moment, OzBuzz sets up a Static Shield to protect him from harm. Not only does Glover receive impeccable damage from the shadowy orbs, but from the static shield also! Amazingly, Glover sheds into millions of pieces of debris onto the battleground floor and into the moat.

Now that leaves OzBuzz descending from many feet above in the heavens. As he continues to subordinate to ground level, he pushes himself over into the filthy moat before he could become a squashed pancake and land flat on the ground. With the static shield set up, it electrifies the murky water into a brilliant sparkle of power. This astonishingly empowers OzBuzz while the electricity continues to travel through the castle’s moat; the Electabuzz gleams from its new radiant look, continuing to electrify the water. Zephyr had done her job for the moment, and her trainer is recalling her. A baton was thrown and in place of the formerly poisoned Eevee, was one of Aurvandil's late ancestors: Phobia the Misdreavus! She has arrived to combat OzBuzz and take him out once for all, as she levitates around the arena waiting for her trainer's commands.

Round 15: Post-battle
Zephyr = 72% Health (67% Energy), badly poisoned, switching out.
----------
OzBuzz = 99% Health (94% Energy), electrically empowered, roosting in the murky hydroelectric moat, static shield set up.
Phobia = 100% Health (100% Energy), fresh.

OzAndrew attacks second.

Arena Statistics
Muck scattering in the electrified moat rapidly.
Glover destroyed.

Charizard04621
26th August 2003, 04:45 PM
Wonder who approved that Signature Move. Syntax allows it to last until it is thrown or touched by the opponent... Which lets it block an infinite amount of attacks if they don't overpower it or pass through it in some way. After it does that, it also still deals damage and has an 85% chance of paralysis. To top it off, it has no total usage limit; just a three action delay after the shield has worn off. Interesting... Well, Phobia, we'll find a way to deal with this, eh?

Phobia, let's help OzBuzz feel sick, something he's likely to do anyway if he swallows any of that infested moat water... Toxic until the poison hits his body. Use Psywave, either to get rid of clones first, or to attack if you've already seen Toxic hit Electabuzz. Psywave distortions will get clones and duplicates alike.

~ Toxic/Psywave ~

Andrew
28th August 2003, 05:48 PM
Ok first off EBuzz, create a Substitute. Then I want you to fire off your own toxic at Missy.

And if that works, teleport over to the castle k.

Substitute - Toxic - Toxic/Teleport.

Thanks for Reffing Jay. Much appreciated.

Jay
31st August 2003, 07:08 PM
Round 16

OzBuzz the Male Electabuzz vs. Phobia the Female Misdreavus

Round 15: Pre-battle
OzBuzz = 99% Health (94% Energy), electrically empowered, roosting in the murky hydroelectric moat, static shield set up.
Phobia = 100% Health (100% Energy), fresh.

The debris from Glover still lie on the floor after the shifty Eevee’s polished maneuvers to deal with it once and for all. After its annihilation, OzBuzz’ plan backfires by allowing the toxic to do the work when Zephyr switches out to one of the many devious specters. He now wades in the giant moat covered in poison, how long can he stay in there?

Round 16: Battle
Whilst Phobia ponders over another dreaded signature move, she prepares to intensify the chance of that Electabuzz becoming poisoned. As close to the moat as she already is, this will be quite the certainty. Discharging a mass splotch of toxins engulfing the poor Electabuzz and the surrounding area in the moat proves to be victorious. OzBuzz’ set up for a double body was too sluggish to prevent the toxins traveling through as planned for Phobia, but nevertheless, a medium one was created to prevent that later. With any luck.

OzBuzz speedily releases his own toxic at the ghostly fiend, engulfing her before she could pelt numerous waves of supernatural power at the double body, in an attempt to destroy it unsuccessfully, for the time being.

The Misdreavus is sucking up all the poison as well as the Electabuzz whom is ready to flee the area and teleport to safer ground, or in other words, out of that filthy moat. Unsure of whereabouts to teleport around the château, he and the double body teleport over to the other side closest to the castle, free from those treacherous waters at last.

Round 16: Post-battle
OzBuzz = 80% Health (76% Energy), substitute (8%), badly poisoned, drenched in filthy moat water, on the other side of the moat near the château.
Phobia = 98% Health (93% Energy), badly poisoned.

OzAndrew attacks first.

Arena Statistics

Andrew
31st August 2003, 07:35 PM
Ok OzBuzz.

Erect a Barrier, then a Light Screen and begin to Meditate.

If Missy finds you, thunderwave her, thunderbolt her and Ice Punch her.

That's about it.

Thanks again for Reffing Jay.

Charnumber, OzMissy was actually my choice but I decided on Buzz when I realized Ground moves were out of commission :) Nice Pick.

Charizard04621
1st September 2003, 08:10 AM
Phobia, get closer to the the other side of the moat near the château, but try to stay out of OzBuzz's sight. Anyway, as soon as possible, I want you to unleash Perish Song. That is your only objective this round; do your best. Double or not, OzBuzz should be able to hear and feel it.

~ Perish Song ~

Jay
2nd September 2003, 02:43 PM
Round 17

Round 17: Pre-battle
OzBuzz = 80% Health (76% Energy), substitute (8%), badly poisoned, drenched in filthy moat water, on the other side of the moat near the château, will faint in 3 rounds.
Phobia = 98% Health (93% Energy), badly poisoned, will faint in 3 rounds.

Round 17: Battle
Continuing his defensive charade, OzBuzz sets up numerous barriers to shelter him from that sly ghost that is carefully scouting his every move, preparing an attack of sorts. A crystal-clear flaxen defensive barrier and a magnificent garnet translucent shield were formed instantly to protect the electrical brute from copious attacks. Then, he begins to meditate deeply whilst concentrating hard at the same time with keeping both shields active.

After contemplating for numerous moments, Phobia has considered ending this quickly. OzAndy’s team has been mutilated due to Aurvandil’s explosion, leaving the indignant Mr. Mime down-and-out, and UmbreOz whom kept her faithful spirits alive the whole time defending against that ghostly fiend. Nevertheless, OzAndy and OzBuzz were at a disadvantage with the number of members left on the bench compared to Charizard04621. After OzBuzz had successfully set up his defensive plan, Phobia floats over to him and discovers him too late for him to be able to fight back. She croons an expiring song of angst and sorrow to herself and to OzBuzz. Both of them will give out in three rounds from now due to the perish song; OzBuzz irritated after she had disturbed his meditating.

Round 17: Post-battle
OzBuzz = 76% Health (62% Energy), substitute (8%), badly poisoned, drenched in filthy moat water, attack raised, light screen active, barrier active, on the other side of the moat near the château, will faint in 3 rounds, irritated.
Phobia = 94% Health (99% Energy), badly poisoned, brimming, will faint in 3 rounds.

OzAndrew attacks second.

Arena Statistics

edit: Grammatical error that was annoying me. x_o

Charizard04621
2nd September 2003, 05:16 PM
Excellent, Phobia.

Begin with Double Team, then proceed to Screech and attack OzBuzz with Psybeam.

~ Double Team ~ Screech ~ Psybeam ~

Andrew
2nd September 2003, 05:52 PM
Ok then OzBuzz, looks like we're going down. *Titanic Music*

Lets try a ThunderWave! And then plug your ears. And finally Relect the Psybeam back at it!

Congrats also Jay.

Jay
4th September 2003, 12:27 PM
Thanks lots, Andy! :D

Round 18

Round 18: Pre-battle *Ref takes deep breath at OzBuzz’ stats*
OzBuzz = 76% Health (62% Energy), substitute (8%), badly poisoned, drenched in filthy moat water, attack raised, light screen active, barrier active, on the other side of the moat near the château, will faint in 3 rounds, irritated.
Phobia = 94% Health (99% Energy), badly poisoned, brimming, will faint in 3 rounds.

Round 18: Battle
The song of angst digs in to both of the combatants minds, as they try and idle out as much as possible before it’s all over… at least for Phobia anyway, who’s trying to be defensive. She sets up numerous clones to hide her real identity for as long as possible. Four clones, to be exact, were formed to confuse OzBuzz of the real Phobia. He fires a Thunder Wave and… what luck! It strikes the real Phobia successfully as her other images were ruined as a strong shock moves through her ghostly body, paralyzing her in the process.

Phobia screeches in attempt to irritate OzBuzz even more, but he covers his ears, being smart to tackle her own action. She gets annoyed, but unfortunately her muscles lock up too much for her to be able to produce a psychic energy beam. OzBuzz sets up an added reflect, lots of defense on his part, still concentrating deeply on keeping all of those shields active.

The perish song count is 2, which is how many rounds are left before both combatants faint! The poison still sapping away at both of their health meters.

Round 18: Post-battle
OzBuzz = 70% Health (54% Energy), substitute (8%), badly poisoned, drenched in filthy moat water, attack raised, light screen active, barrier active, reflective shield active, on the other side of the moat near the château, will faint in 2 rounds.
Phobia = 85% Health (91% Energy), badly poisoned, irritated, paralyzed for 2 more rounds, will faint in 2 rounds.

OzAndrew attacks first.
Charizard04621 attack second.

Arena Statistics
Muck scattered in moat.

Charizard04621
8th September 2003, 07:06 PM
Oz, would you like to post some time?

Andrew
9th September 2003, 04:45 AM
Sorry, I've just had a horrible week lately, and had no net access on the weekend, so its slipped my mind.

But OzBuzz, here's your plan.

First off, keep Missy in place with a Psychic then I want you to teleport outside the barrier with Missy.

And finally teleport back to where you started.

*Sighs*

Charizard04621
9th September 2003, 06:27 PM
Um, strong telekinetic grip involves taking control over a solid object...

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish; if you're trying to use an arena boundary rule, your Electabuzz would be disqualified... If you're trying to make Phobia faint, you've forgotten that ghosts know how to float and phase.

Phobia, continually phase out of OzBuzz's grip and watch as he wastes energy... If he somehow gets you over the barrier, just phase and get back inside. I know you're not as talented at phasing as a Gengar, but if you concentrate solely on phasing, you can pull it off...

~ Phase ~

Jay
12th September 2003, 07:49 PM
Round 19

Round 19: Pre-battle
OzBuzz = 70% Health (54% Energy), substitute (8%), badly poisoned, drenched in filthy moat water, attack raised, light screen active, barrier active, reflective shield active, on the other side of the moat near the château, will faint in 2 rounds.
Phobia = 85% Health (91% Energy), badly poisoned, irritated, paralyzed for 2 more rounds, will faint in 2 rounds.

Round 19: Battle
OzBuzz has a plot he wishes to endeavour before the perish song count reaches 0. First off, he uses his supernatural powers to hold Phobia in place. Phobia resists and instantly, OzBuzz concentrates deeply on teleporting out of the imprisoned area and outside of the barricade. Closing his eyes, he takes one final look at the château before he evacuates the battlegrounds along with Phobia outside of the arena. After a few seconds, he opens his eyes again and realizes that Phobia is not with him; rather, she is still inside, phased and floating inside around watching OzBuzz in bewilderment; wondering what he is doing outside. He quickly teleports back in, but unfortunately, OzBuzz has forcefully left the arena boundary, and he is disqualified! Aww, that really sucks.

Round 19: Post-battle
OzBuzz = Disqualified.
Phobia = The victor.

I crown Charizard04621, Karin, the winner of this match ^_^ Karin, Andy, you and your pokemon battled extraodinarily well.

Charizard04621
12th September 2003, 08:33 PM
EEVEE POWER! ^______^

That's right, Eevee power. Look, Zephyr's glowing.

Zephyr: Vee... ee... Jol...teon!

Just what you've been waiting for, after all these years. Excellent job, Zephyr. Congratulations on finally achieving your goal.

Thanks for reffing, Jay, and thanks for playing with my Eevee, Oz. You're very kind. Zephyr thinks so, too. :)

Andrew
12th September 2003, 09:35 PM
Awww darn, that Explosion really messed me up Charnumber! Lol.

Thank you very much for reffing Jay. Much appreciated.

Now I have to challenge you to a rematch Charnumber, I really do. Your Eeveelutions vs my underused of corresponding types perhaps? I'd enjoy that.

Oh well, lol. Still, I'm in battle with Impy, I've beaten DRWS and I've lost to Charnumber, renowned battler :| Wow, this is the first loss I've had in a while ^^;

K then. Thanks again.

*Boots his umbreon* I knew I shouldn't have relied on an Eeveelution! ;)

Charizard04621
12th September 2003, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately, I only have two Eeveelutions, which I refuse to use in an Elite match, since I need at least a three on three... Besides, I dislike theme battling, unless I'm not playing seriously. You do want me to battle seriously, right? I mean, that's what I'm used to doing...