PDA

View Full Version : Ash and May's First Battle! NEWS

Mikey
13th July 2003, 09:51 AM
In the most recent episode. A Rival for May. Tough Training for a Pokemon Contest, May and Ash have their first battle! May wants to test out her Beautifly's attacks and make them look presentable, so she battles Ash for practice. Ash uses Taillow and even tries! May is about to win, but she starts to forget attacks and what to do, and Taillow ends up winning. I'll have the small battle in my guide later today, but I thought this was a nice bit of infot o share!

Chris 2.1
13th July 2003, 10:14 AM
Hey, great news GN!

I have seen the episode pictures for this episode, but was rather confused. I thought Taillow would be helping Beautifly's agility and speed...but then Beautifly used string shot and bound him up! I think he uses Wing attack/Steel wing (more likely the first) to retalliate...

Thanks again!

Mikey
13th July 2003, 10:18 AM
The finishing attack is wing attack. May's Beautifly has the upper hand the whole battle and it looks like it had won, but Taillow broke out of the strig shot while she was wondering what to do next.

Hanada Tattsu
13th July 2003, 11:27 AM
Thanks!

Sounds like a good episode, and I'm really glad Ash defeated May, finally. I thought Beautifly was stronger than that, but at least Ash used Taillow, and it did win, so...

Cytrus
13th July 2003, 01:37 PM
and I'm really glad Ash defeated May
Why are you glad? Duh, I would be more glad if they showed that everything is possible rather than make a beggining trainer get beat up by a older n more experienced one. No matter though, it seems that May won't battle, and win, much battles anyway.

*Murkrow
13th July 2003, 02:17 PM
Lol, sounds pretty neat:D
*Prays for Taillow to evolve*
Erm, I'm pretty much thinking that about most Pokés in most eps now, so I'll shut up about that.
Bit surprised that Beautifly nearly beat Taillow, but then again, if Beautifly had more training, then, yeah. I think I've been playing the games a bit too much^_^

Mikey
13th July 2003, 03:28 PM
Beautifly DID pretty much beat Roselia. Though the match was never able to be declared a win because Team Rocket showed up. But Roselia was down and out.

Entropy
14th July 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Cytrus
Why are you glad? Duh, I would be more glad if they showed that everything is possible rather than make a beggining trainer get beat up by a older n more experienced one. No matter though, it seems that May won't battle, and win, much battles anyway.

Because May is still inexperienced and much the novice. She forgot attacks and that obviously hampered her chances at winning. Yay for Ash.

Hanada Tattsu
14th July 2003, 12:55 PM
Well, I don't really like May, so that's why, she's not a very good person, she replaced Misty, so that's why I don't like her.

Mikey
14th July 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Well, I don't really like May, so that's why, she's not a very good person, she replaced Misty, so that's why I don't like her.

To tell you the truth, I like May a lot better then Misty. At first I thought she would be stupid, but she has really surprised me. She has the funniest personality and is very lively. She is also better to look at then Misty and more fun to watch. She is so unpredictable. I love when she goes flying from the sandstorm in this ep. She didn't expect it, and she looked like a rag doll. I'm happy she lost though, as Taillow is an awesome Pokemon and should definitly have no problem beating a bug. May also is a begginer when Ash has been at this for years.

Hanada Tattsu
14th July 2003, 01:52 PM
Well, Taillow actually battled and won, I would hate if they had made Beautifly win, because in all honesty, I don't think that Beautifly was trained excellentaly, it's just good for contests.

Mikey
14th July 2003, 03:55 PM
Well, Taillow actually battled and won, I would hate if they had made Beautifly win, because in all honesty, I don't think that Beautifly was trained excellentaly, it's just good for contests.

beautifly was trained really good. May used it constantly as a Wurmple, and it was practically always out of its Pokeball as a Silcoon. She cared for that thing more then Torchic. LOL

Hanada Tattsu
14th July 2003, 05:30 PM
True... but Wurmple was usually just String Shotting things, I don't remember it battling, but then again I've just seen AG 1- 15 and also AG 20 and 24, so what do I know? :P

Entropy
15th July 2003, 10:41 AM

'Not a good person?' Unless the fair Haruka-chan is a terrorist, I don't get your statement.

Cytrus
15th July 2003, 03:05 PM
She kicked Misty out, and that's why she isn't a good person in HT's opinion.

Because May is still inexperienced and much the novice
That's what I mean, I think we desperatly need an episode with a battle like: Zigzagoon\Feebas vs. <whatever powerfull poke, like Salamence> in which the less powerfull will win, that will show that victory is never sure...

Rei_Zero
15th July 2003, 03:42 PM
*cough**cough*ashlikethatatfirst*cough**cough*
And then there are those novice trainers that Ash underestimated, like Casey, and the kid with the skiploom.

Hanada Tattsu
15th July 2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah, replacing Misty IMHO is like an act of terrorism to me. :D

j/k

Anyway, yes, a battle like that with May winning would advance the plot, but i think the writers have that in store for us, because knowing the writers, they always favor the novice trainer.

Cytrus
15th July 2003, 04:27 PM
I find it strange that Pikachu is allowed here, I have nothing against it, but it has so much experience that it should make salami out of gym leaders. They will propably make it very weak compared to the end of Johto so it can still battle without taking out the excitement... Back on topic, I liked both of the battles against Nanako(Casey). the first one was not too fair, I think Ash should remember how he felt about losing, but Charizard is his pokemon = it was completly legal. Sad that team rocket interrupted the second one though, we could see Nanako using tactical moves(this is what I call the short+range tactics like in ScythervsCyndaquil), and she is just a beginner, Ash started using them after two years...:P. Well it is propablz okaz since they blasted TR together...

Hanada Tattsu
15th July 2003, 04:40 PM
I find it strange that Pikachu is allowed here, I have nothing against it, but it has so much experience that it should make salami out of gym leaders. They will propably make it very weak compared to the end of Johto so it can still battle without taking out the excitement...

Well, the thing is that Pikachu's size ruins its power. I mean, Pikachu was Ash's first Pokemon and obviously his most experienced one, but Pikachu's rather small size is what ruins it for it, I mean, if Pikachu was to reach its full potential, it could grind the gym leaders in small pieces, but since it is so small, Ash tends to use other Pokemon. Pikachu is just as good as per say Charizard even, it's just that its size does not make it reach its full potential. That's why I think it should evolve into Raichu.

Back on topic, I liked both of the battles against Nanako(Casey). the first one was not too fair, I think Ash should remember how he felt about losing, but Charizard is his pokemon = it was completly legal.

Well, that battle was just not fair on Ash's part. Of course, Charizard was his Pokemon, and one of his strongest as that, but the way he battled wasn't fair, especially because of the fact that he knew himself that Casey was an inexperienced rookie, with nothing but a low-level Chikorita, Pidgey, and Rattata. Therefore, Ash should have used Bulbasaur or Pikachu, or even Squirtle, because Charizard was just unfair.

Sad that team rocket interrupted the second one though, we could see Nanako using tactical moves(this is what I call the short+range tactics like in ScythervsCyndaquil), and she is just a beginner, Ash started using them after two years...:P. Well it is propablz okaz since they blasted TR together...

Well, I think Ash would have still won the second battle, he was using Pikachu, after all, but Chikorita was putting up a fight. If Team Rocket hadn't intruded, that would be good, but then again, if not for that, Ash and Casey probably wouldn't have become good friends.