PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime

Ashio the Kitsune
13th July 2003, 12:44 PM
Could someone please give me tips on how to get the plasma beam on Metroid Prime?

Thy
13th July 2003, 01:18 PM
Check out www.gamefaqs.com

That should answer your problem. Hope that helps you out.

Strider
13th July 2003, 07:11 PM
What you need to get the Plasma Beam are the Spider Ball, Boost Ball, Grapple Beam and the Space Jump Boots, respectively.

First off, head down to the Magmoor Caverns via the transport by the Root Cave. Head down to the Geothermal Core. When you get there, cross over to the other side, hop onto the ledge near the door, and grapple your way onto the big platforms suspended above the lava.

What you do here is go into Morph Ball mode, and get into the slots. Use the Boost Ball to raise the first platform, and hop onto the next lowest one. After raising that platform, get onto the next platform, and raise that one up. Go up the track that was just revealed using the Spider Ball, get into the slot on the top, and place a Morph Ball bomb.

Doing this will cause the roof to raise, revealing magnetic tracks. Here it's pretty straightforward; just follow the tracks to where they lead.

Eventually, you'll get to a ledge with a door at the end. Go through that door and the Plasma Beam is yours.

Hope this was of any help.

Ashio the Kitsune
13th July 2003, 07:42 PM
Have the spider ball, boost ball, and space jump boots, but no grapple beam.:o

Ashio the Kitsune
13th July 2003, 07:44 PM
I also have a guide, but it doesn't go into much detail.:no:

Ashio the Kitsune
15th July 2003, 02:08 PM
If you're talking about the cloaked security drone, it's not a mini-boss. A single Super Missle kills it immediatly, and I already have everything up to the plasma beam. [which I still don't have:(] Which means that I also have the grapple beam.

Ashio the Kitsune
15th July 2003, 02:12 PM
Oh yeah... I forgot to mention... Thanks Strider.:wave: