PDA

View Full Version : E card questions

so fly supersky
15th July 2003, 12:28 AM
I'm thinking of getting the Ecard reader but I'm very uninformed on it.

*Has any third party companies made cards for it? As far as I've seen in stores they all seem to be Nintendo made.

*Can you actually play a game with the Mario Party ecards on a table, like a TCG, or are they made solely for the purposes of scanning?

*I've heard about Pokemon Ecards but I can't find anything about the minigames you can play on the GBA with them. Can anyone describe some of them to me or show me a site with some scans/reviews?

Thy
15th July 2003, 08:29 AM
1. Not any that I know of.

2. Most are for scanning (Animal Crossing, NES, Mario Party, etc) Pokemon is the only one.

3. Most are just simple little games, such as the Machop game you get when you buy the E-Reader. Rock fall off a hill and you smash them while the fall and bounce (O_o). Then they have Pokedex info and card data.

The main thing I'm using it for will be The Battle-e cards and Barry-e cards for Ru/Sa. Hopefully their will be more of a use for it with Gamecube games.

My advice, use it if you like play old NES games or if you have Animal Crossing. Otherwise, wait for more cards that strike an interest.

Mikey
15th July 2003, 10:01 AM
1. No third party companies have made cards yet

2. Everyone except for Pokemon TCG cards are non playable and are only for scanning

3. Each card from R/S Ex has a scan, most are Pokedex entrees but there are a few games. There are a lot more coming out as well.

Dark_Alakazam
15th July 2003, 01:01 PM
If you like NES games, why not just get an emulator? Instead of buying those weird cards. As for TCG....I don't need to express my opinion here.

The E-card reader is a pile of monkey spunk and should never have been released...:no:

mic_128
17th July 2003, 09:15 PM
The e-card reader was a brilliant idea. Being able to upgrade a game rules.