PDA

View Full Version : Let's form an Otakon group!

KaptainSarcasm
16th July 2003, 10:37 AM
Is anyone going to Otakon this year? Let's go together! I just got offered a job from Anime Insider that involves me going to Otakon, so now I need people to hang with!

Mewtwo-D2
16th July 2003, 02:37 PM
I'll be going to Otakon with a few other people from this board: Kuro_Espeon, Bear, Asilynne, and Shaka. Want to set up a meeting time/place?

And that's neat about your job... what are you going to be doing?

Roarkiller
17th July 2003, 04:06 AM
Wow, thats neat. U actually get to work with ur favourite hobby (or obsession? lol). The best thing that happened to me was for my review of The Cat Returns to be used in Melbourne's Anime Festival's program booklet. They actually bothered to email me to ask for permission. Man, i feel so honoured...

Real One Barunson
17th July 2003, 05:08 AM
What is an Otakon ?_? Is it like some anime convention where all the obsessed ppl go? If it is somewhere where ppl go, I can't go to there. My parents are Slakings when I want them to take me somewhere <:<

Macavity The Mystery Cat
17th July 2003, 03:27 PM
I'll be there. Long Car ride, but conventions are worth it. And lucky the man is who gets a job that has him go to conventions. I'm jealous.

KaptainSarcasm
17th July 2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Mewtwo-D2
I'll be going to Otakon with a few other people from this board: Kuro_Espeon, Bear, Asilynne, and Shaka. Want to set up a meeting time/place?

And that's neat about your job... what are you going to be doing?

Hmmm... Well, that sounds good I guess, but we couldn't meet on Friday because I have to go to the Dealer's Room and get a billion business cards. If we could meet up on Saturday though, that would be great. I'll be there with my friend, I'll be half-assedly dressed as Tenoh Haruka from Sailor Moon, he'll be barely dressed up at all but I'll be calling him Michiru. Hehehe. You can email me if you want to make it easier to communicate, I'm going to be really busy for the next two weeks so it's pretty much all I'll have time for. Gomen ne!

All my job really entails is interviewing people after the shows and asking what they thought of it. So meeting up with you guys might actually help. ^_^

Mewtwo-D2
17th July 2003, 08:40 PM
Saturday sounds good, and I'll be glad to help. And Macavity, you and I have to set up a meeting. Then you can tell the other TSCers that you met the esteemed creator :D Maybe we can meet up before Mystery Anime Theater... around 7 in the main hall, by the Information desk. They held a DBZ rally there last year, which was incredibly entertaining to watch. I'm going as Dilandau (Escaflowne) and possibly either Tomoe Yukishiro (Kenshin OAV) or Cesia (Dragon Knights)... but I'll be Dilandau all day Saturday.

KaptainSarcasm
17th July 2003, 10:29 PM
Woah, Dilandau! My friend Justin is going to love you. We're totally obbsessed with Dilandau. Are you going to walk around going, "MOERO!" ^_^

I'll jot that down somewhere so that I can understand it when I get there and look around. What is everyone else going to be?

Macavity The Mystery Cat
18th July 2003, 09:34 AM
Sounds good to me. To meet the esteemed god of TSC...*Angels sing in the background* I'll be there. Saturday's the only real day I'll be there...Stupid band camp...

Mewtwo-D2
23rd July 2003, 02:50 PM
I just remembered something early this morning: Friday, August 8th will be Dilandau's 23rd birthday! So on Friday I'll be carrying around a big sign reading 'Dilandau Wants Birthday Cake'... maybe I'll bring some cake and post an invatation to Dilly's birthday party ^_^

KaptainSarcasm
23rd July 2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Mewtwo-D2
I just remembered something early this morning: Friday, August 8th will be Dilandau's 23rd birthday! So on Friday I'll be carrying around a big sign reading 'Dilandau Wants Birthday Cake'... maybe I'll bring some cake and post an invatation to Dilly's birthday party ^_^

How perfect is that? Hehehe, I like it. ^_^

Asilynne
27th July 2003, 03:08 AM
OTAKON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im going!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!
Ill be going as San from Princess Mononoke, but since Otakon is in 2 weeks I better hurry up and get all the pieces for it together! ^-^()

Macavity The Mystery Cat
8th August 2003, 06:28 AM
Whee! Its starts today! I'll leave in a bit. (Actually several hours and those will prolly drag on forever) I'll see ya'll there. (Goes and and prepares to party* Though I still never got my confirmation of preregistration...Eh...

SingingJigglypuff
23rd August 2003, 02:34 PM
I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I was at Otakon, too. ::grin:: I cosplayed throughout the weekend as Kiryuu Touga (Shojou Kakumei Utena), Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi) - this costume was part of the Masquerade in the skit "The Emperor's New Theme Song", and Rose (Legend of Dragoon). Maybe I'll run into you guys next year. :)