PDA

View Full Version : Just thought of something

Rocketboy
16th July 2003, 01:14 PM
In the Quilava episode Moe tells Ash she loves him! And since dubbers think love will INFLUENCE people to love, How will they dub it?

Mikey
16th July 2003, 01:29 PM
She'll probably say something like, I strongly like you! Or I think you're really cool. Sometin like that.:D

Gravy
16th July 2003, 02:05 PM
She'll probably say something like, I strongly like you!
lol, is that even proper english ^_^0
You never know. 4Kids have surprised us in the past, so maybe they'll keep the love in :rolleyes:
And don't forget, how many times have we heard Brock talk about love? @_@

nintendestined64
16th July 2003, 02:21 PM
Nah, this doesn't seem to be something that 4Kids would cut out. lol, I kinda know how they operate. ;)

Gravy
16th July 2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by nintendestined64
Nah, this doesn't seem to be something that 4Kids would cut out. lol, I kinda know how they operate. ;)
So, what you're saying is, you either work for them, or you're a corperate spy :rolleyes:
*ahem*...soz ^_^0
Come to think of it, when have they EVER cut out anything to do with love?

nintendestined64
16th July 2003, 02:31 PM
lol, now there's an idea. I should start an organization that uncovers the mysteries of the strangest dubbers ever. 8)
But anyways, what I meant was that I've practically seen every anime that 4Kids dubbed, and they always have patterns for their editing process. And well, the only time 4Kids has changed a character from talking about love was in Yu-Gi-Oh I believe. I don't recall them doing anything like that in Kirby, Pokemon, etc. They don't seem to have a problem with it really. :P

Laz-E-Boy
16th July 2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by nintendestined64
lol, now there's an idea. I should start an organization that uncovers the mysteries of the strangest dubbers ever. 8)
But anyways, what I meant was that I've practically seen every anime that 4Kids dubbed, and they always have patterns for their editing process. And well, the only time 4Kids has changed a character from talking about love was in Yu-Gi-Oh I believe.

What did they edit in Yu-Gi-Oh???

Rei_Zero
17th July 2003, 12:37 AM
Lemme, see....
Guns
Death threats into Shadow World threats (now you know why they're so corny?)
Tea faces RAPED!!....into Tea faces theif....
Have I missed some things?

Laz-E-Boy
17th July 2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
Lemme, see....
Guns

Knew about those things...

Except for the Tea almost getting raped...o_0

Hanada Tattsu
17th July 2003, 12:35 PM
Nah, they'll leave it alone, why wouldn't they?

And Tea gets raped, or almost? o_O

I have to watch the original version of Yugioh, damn it. :D

Gravy
17th July 2003, 01:05 PM
Lemme, see....
Guns

Woah....I've seen the dub a few times, and from what I've seen I'd have never have guessed any of that would have happened o_o
Although, I feel they could have left the guns in...but that would eventually bring up 'The Legend of Dratini' :rolleyes:

Rei_Zero
17th July 2003, 02:45 PM
Remember the scene where Yami saved Tea from the guy? He said "give me all your money." In the original, he was going to rape her.

*Murkrow
17th July 2003, 03:22 PM
Remember the scene where Yami saved Tea from the guy? He said "give me all your money." In the original, he was going to rape her.

Lol, that scene. I'm not surprised that they dropped those origional words though, the dubs aimed at little kids right?Or at least, not really teenagers.

Little Kid watching the show:Mummy whats raped?
Mum:Er...
*Complains*

Hm, as for the origional topic, I'm guessing they'll keep the 'I love you' part, or else, make her say 'I really really like you;) ' with emphasis on the really, really and like you bits^_^

Hanada Tattsu
18th July 2003, 01:36 PM
The earlier season which was never aired in America or anywhere else also had some scenes where men threatened to rape Tea. That's why Tea is so... well... timid.

*Murkrow
18th July 2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
The earlier season which was never aired in America or anywhere else also had some scenes where men threatened to rape Tea. That's why Tea is so... well... timid.

I've never actually seen her as timid(at least not in the dub). She just comes across as annoying to me, particularly whenever she does one of her speeches :p I always end up turning over. Though she's stopped doing that now I think, though I haven't seen a new ep for ages :P

Hanada Tattsu
18th July 2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Sneasel(h)Obsessive
I've never actually seen her as timid(at least not in the dub). She just comes across as annoying to me, particularly whenever she does one of her speeches :p I always end up turning over. Though she's stopped doing that now I think, though I haven't seen a new ep for ages :P

Well the dub rants on about teamwork and such, but it's much more subtle in the original version, but then again what do I know about Yugioh?