PDA

View Full Version : Combo RMT, Gameshark Request (research only), etc.

Trip
24th December 2002, 07:57 PM
First off, I'm about to venture into Seiyuu City (sp?) cave. I want to turn this team into my final team perhaps, so I want to know what you think.

(if it's in [] that means its only there so I don't have to use special Pokemon to use various HMs)

Lv.42 Nozupasu
- Rock Slide
- Thunderbolt
- Thunderwave
- [Rock Smash] (what should go here?)

Lv.42 Nendooru
- Ancient Power
- Psybeam
- Mud Slap
- Self-Destruct (replacing with Explosion)

Lv.42 Hoeruoo
- Surf
- [Waterfall] (replace with ???)
- [Dive] (replace with ???)
- Rest

Lv.42 Yamirami
- Faint Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Nightshade (has pulled me out of some corners before)
- [Flash/Cut]

Lv.42 Toropiusu
- Solar Beam
- Magical Leaf
- Fly
- Body Slam

Lv.44 Bashamo
- Flamethrower
- Combo
- Beak Slash
- [Strength]

I wanted to put a Tatsubei in there somewhere, but it couldn't learn Ice Beam! I don't know if it can learn T-bolt either (if it could I'd replace Nozupasu, which grows weaker by the minute).

I also wanted to mention that I am getting a GameShark Advance for Christmas (officially 12-25-02 in 3 hrs.), and I want to do a little research into Contests and what each move does in terms of the contests. I wanted to know if anyone had some GameShark codes (not VBA codes), not only for the move modifier, but for anything that can be done.

I caught all of the Rejis with ... under 40 Hyper Balls! :D (Reji-Ice only took ONE!!!)

How the **** does one get through the Seiyuu (sp?) Cave? I already tried once and I wound up back to the PokeCenter where I started. :/

- Mark Ericson

Azura Stardust
24th December 2002, 08:45 PM
I suggest you toss Nozupasu if it's giving you problems. I never really trusted rock types ;o

Nendooru is all very fine and good - does it learn earthquake though? Hm not naturally. Why not give it the earthquake TM or something. Or if you can't bother with that well never mind then.

Hoeruoo: why not give this guy Ice Beam then. Dunno about the other slot.

Yamirami: This guy can be pretty helpful. No comment.

Toropiusu: All extremely nice and fine with me. Can't think of another thing to put over solarbeam.

Bashaamo: That's pretty much all you need. The guy's a lifesaver.

It shouldn't be a problem putting Boomanda in there - only you will be getting a 3x ice weakness in which Toropiusu and Boomanda suffer from it 4x badly. So if you ask me you need to toss something out of this team. It's missing something... I can't put my finger on what though.

Oh, and try going up the stairs and stuff until you see a triner with a roziera and then a ladder next to her. You need flash, rock smash and strength, btw.

Madelyn151
24th December 2002, 08:50 PM
nozupasu = aieeee... thunderwave/rock slide/umm... explosion? and something else. he's basically onix in rby. in other words, he... sucks. yeah. tatsubei can't learn ice beam or thunderbolt and neither can boomanda... but boomanda is still like 100x the pokemon that nozupasu is. plus, nozupasu is UGLY. ^_^;;

nendooru : quake/psychic/explosion/...rapid spin? surely spikes will be much more popular, with skarmory and roseria...

whale thing : umm surf/double-edge/sleep talk/rest? crap defenses but great hp... he could probably pull it off (but if you're doing crap defense water types, SAMEHADER 4 LIFE BABY!!! ...sorry. sharks are cool.).

yamirami : a ghost/dark with recover, drool. his stats are like teh sucky though, but he rocks because he looks cool ^_^ confuse ray/shadow ball/recover/some other move. psychic? faint attack?

toropiusu : leech seed/synthesis/body slam or earthquake/magic leaf. fly to take advantage of his flying type is, like, NOT a good idea. it's just, like, free icer switch-in.

bashamo : build up in the last space. a lot of moves work for him.

Nightingale23
25th December 2002, 01:45 AM
One thing's bugging me with your team and that's Hoeruoo, here's a cool moveset for him:
-Rest
-Spout (for extreme emergencies)
-Sleep Talk
-Surf (for regular attacking)
For the others I have no idea :wave:

Trip
25th December 2002, 06:51 AM
How do I get Sleep Talk on Hoeruoo?

How do I get Recover on Yamirami?

How do I get (why would I want) Explosion on Nozupasu?

Why should I dump Ancient Power off of Nendooru if I get rid of Nozupasu? (And I probably will give it Earthquake and Psychic anyway)

NOZUPASU'S NOT UGLY!!!

And what about those G/S Codes I need?

- Mark Ericson

Nightingale23
25th December 2002, 07:04 AM
Sorry my mistake! Hoeruoo can learn neither sleep talk nor snore.

Yamirami has recover as an egg move.

Nozupasu also has explosion as an egg move.

Azura Stardust
25th December 2002, 07:25 AM
okkkkay, I think some people who give team rates don't understand that it takes time to raise these things and therefore egg moves for stuff that's late in the game... meh. >:\

anyway, um, keep AP there. (Nendooru) I think it's handy for random things that come your way. Um yeah.

As I said put Ice Beam on Hoeruoo. It has ok special attack (90 base)

Um, and another person on these forums found a bunch of gameshark codes to find wild pokemon.

sigloiv
28th December 2002, 10:21 PM
One problem: where's the master code? You can't use GS codes w/o a master code and it still hasn't been found. I've been on gamefaqs for hours searching but so far the master code hasn't been discovered. Sorry Trip.

Trip
29th December 2002, 09:31 AM
Well, thx anyway...

I've fixed up my team, and here's what I have so far:

Lv.30 Kadabra @ EXP Share
--> Synchronize Characteristic <--
- Psybeam
- Recover
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
(I caught Chareemu, got Move Rememberer to give me back Thunderpunch and Ice Punch, bred them onto baby Abra!)

Lv.43 Hoeruoo
--> Water Veil Characteristic <--
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- [Waterfall]
- Rest

Lv.43 Yamirami
--> Sharp Eyes Characteristic <--
- Shadow Ball
- Faint Attack
- Nightshade
- [Cut/Flash]

Lv.43 Nendooru
--> Floating Characteristic <--
- Psybeam (I'm not sure if I want Psychic on it anymore with Kadabra now...)
- Mud Slap (I'm still intending to put EQ on it...)
- Ancient Power
- Self-Destruct

Lv.44 Toropiusu
--> Chlorophyll Characteristic <--
- Magical Leaf
- Body Slam
- Fly
- Solar Beam
( ^ I really want Synthesis here somewhere... ^ )

Lv.44 Bashaamo
--> Raging Flames Characteristic <--
- Flamethrower
- Combo
- Beak Slash
- [Strength]

I was thinking of swapping Nendooru for a Rhydon or something else that learns Rock Slide and EQ on its own. I would swap for Furaigon (one of my FAVORITE new PKMN), but I don't think it can learn any Rock moves outside of Rock Seal... Then again, I can't find what its breeding moves are. I looked on a site run by a Meowth, and it didn't say its breeding moves, but it is in the Bug breeding group, so maybe (if I'm lucky) it can get Ancient Power from somewhere. If I got the Rhydon, it would:

Rhydon
--> Rock Head Characteristic <--
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide (from breeding with Bakuudan)
- Take Down

If Furaigon CAN get Ancient Power, I will use it:

Furaigon
--> Floating Characteristic <--
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Ancient Power
- Dragonbreath (for paralysis)

Well, I've wasted enough of your time. Lemme know what you think.

- Mark Ericson

Azura Stardust
29th December 2002, 11:57 PM
Furaigon can't get ancientpower :(

Rhydon is nice, but he still has the ice weakness (which he may not necessarily counter even with RS because ICe beam is a TM. Bah) PLUS a 4x water and 4x ground weakness. >.<

Actually it doesn't hurt to get Nendooru Psychic - doesn't hurt to have 2 psychic moves on a team, seeing as the type is still quite formidable, though not as 00ber as in RBY ;)

As for Toropiusu, I suggest Synthesis over Solarbeam... and don't use FLy, I believe Maddy already told you why.

Nice :)

madeofsapphire
30th December 2002, 01:39 AM
I've got the master codes: (I'm not sure what version ur using so i'll post both)
sapphire:
6E93895C
C2679628
03514D3E
7157DA35

ruby:
6E93895C
C2679628
02BD3075
C9E2B4CE

madeofsapphire
30th December 2002, 01:45 AM
here's some more codes i found on some japanese websites:
max money:
08A1A699
7591DB20
master ball replaces first ball in ball pocket:
0945EE43
F1B91645
EE25BB6E
22C0C18F
heart scale 2nd slot in 1st pocket(haven't tried this one):
384FA104
28c98826
CDB7E497
4c238822
fight lvl 100 pkmn(pkmn won't be lvl 100 but exp points will be based on that lvl, but this one dont seem to work for me, maybe its for ruby?)
9104E9AB
CA8BD4E1
1st item in 1st pocket is 99:
A26F09F6
A4965F7F
F169E394
78CDEC6C

I can't find any catch any pkmn codes for the real game(not the rom) though. If anybody here found any please post them.