PDA

View Full Version : Star Fox Adventures

Mikey
17th July 2003, 01:41 AM
Yeah, I know this game is a little old, but I have to mention this. I haven't played it in a while but this has been on my mind. I purchased this game on the release daye. I actually stayed at the mall for an hour waiting for the shipment to come in. I took the game home and played it, and I was very impressed. The game was fun, the graphics were awesome, and it was just all out fun. Though I beat the game in a week, it didn't dissapoint me. I had fun playing it, I never got bored, and it was all out fun. I visited the GameFAQS message board frequently to see what others said about this game that turned out to be one of my favorites, but I only found that a lot of people saw it as a dissapointment. I know it was a short game, but most games are decently short nowadays. People seemed to bash it more then enjoy it, which made me a little mad. So what were your thoughts on this game, did you enjoy it, or did the length ruin it?

PNT510
17th July 2003, 03:00 AM
The game felt like a cheap OoT wanna-be to me, thankfully I only rented it.

Thy
17th July 2003, 07:48 AM
The one thing I hate now about video games is that if you make a game, everyone immediatly starts saying: "OMG! That game looks exactly like ______." Creating a new style is hard these days, so of course many are going to be the same. Look at FPS. They are exactly alike in MANY ways. People never complain. I guess I have the right to say that Halo is a knock off of GoldenEye because it has guns and you kill people. Heck even Mario games can be similar to other games. I personally loved the game. I would have bought it if I didn't rent it for 3 weeks trying to be each level. It is easy for kids to understand. When I was 7 or 8, I got completely lost in Oot because I didn't understand the game. Now I would, but that's what makes this game good. It appeals to more than one age group. It might have been teen, but I found nothing wrong with it. :confused: Sure the game might've been Zeldaish, but most games like are. The style it uses is used as a template for other games using the style. There is nothing wrong with it, esecially when used on a great game.

Shadowfax
17th July 2003, 08:28 AM
i bought it when it came out too, and yea it did feel like a rather bad OoT clone, but so what, i thought the game was great. Especially the graphics. I played it a few days ago and just released how great they actually are.

The only real problem with the game was that its kinda short, and there's not really anything to do once you finish it. But it was good while it lasted, and i dont see why so many people hate it.

Adz44
24th July 2003, 05:45 PM
I've got this game. I thought it was alright, but nothing special. The graphics impressed me the most about this game. My only problem with the game is that Fox does a corny routine when picking up an item. Gets annoying after a while...and I really want to punch Tricky when he says "I'm not doing it!" in a cheeky way. lol

SWAMPERT1
28th July 2003, 12:08 AM
The Game was AWSOME!!!! it took me like a month to beat it though( Got stuck at the part were you blow the horn on the pads at the snowhorn wastes.) i bought the game

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th July 2003, 01:46 AM
I have the game and found it quite good, having decent graphics and clean controls. I must admit that after about 20 % of the game I got rather bored with it and didn't touch it for around two weeks but then forced myself to play it again and the longer I continued the better it got. It might not be everyone's game nor it it innovative, but still a decent piece of software.

Shadowfax
28th July 2003, 03:02 AM
i thought the one hard part was the test of fear.. that took me hours ;x

Rambunctious Jamirus
28th July 2003, 11:30 AM
I loved the game and even though it was a lot like OoT, it was still good. Fox's expressions were one of the best parts and some of the best expressions in a game that I have ever seen. Tricky got annoying after a while but then again, so did Navi. The graphics were amazing and the voices seem to match the characters as I picture them.
I also got stuck on the SnowHorn Horn part but figured out after three times of failing. The Test of Fear part was cool. One of the only things I had trouble with were the parts where you had to ride that HoverCraft and then defeating Andross (took me ten times but I beat it). I'm not good at Arwings or HoverCrafts.

I give the game a 9/10

Chris 2.1
4th August 2003, 02:09 PM
I love the game, I've had it since Novemebr and still haven't completed it...I got stuck at the Cloudrunner part on the Dragon Rock and since then never went on!

But the graphics are superb, and thats something even 'Nintendo Official Magazine UK' try and deny