PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps an over looked Pokemon card...

SageofDarkness
17th July 2003, 05:39 AM
Secret Mission
Look at your opponents hand. Then, you may discard as many cards as you want from your hand and draw that many cards.

This card is very kewl IMHO. Firstly you get to look at your opponents hand and assess their straegies WITHOUT showing them your hand (like for example, Lass) Then, If you WANT (I.e you get a choice) You can sort your hand out by discarding some crap card you have and draw some new cards... Works well with Pokedex?!

I played an Awsome strategy with this..
Played Pokedex and sorted a revive and a double colourless to the top of my deck.. Then Used 'Secret Mission' and discarded Tauros (Jungle) and some other card.. Then drew revive and DCE and revived Tauros to my bench and attached a DCE then on the next turn attached a Rainbow energy and used Rampage.. He OHKO'd the Poke my bro had out!

Anyhoo enough of the war stories! That was a once off very situational strategy... Bottom line I can see 'Secret Mission' working in a variety of decks..
Post you opinions here.

Water Pokemon Master
17th July 2003, 04:43 PM
Secret Mission is a very good card, especially in Feraligatr decks. In my old one, I had four of them in it and once at my old league, it became very useful to me. I had drawn it, looked at opponent's hand, discarded 6 water energy, drew 6 cards, oh look, a Feraligatr! Evolved Croconaw, discarded 2 more water energy, and KO'ed opponent for 90 damage. Good times.

Kari and Mewtwo
17th July 2003, 04:56 PM
too bad secret mission cant be played in MMF (or the soon-t-be MMMF).. At least theres always gym only format..

Water Pokemon Master
17th July 2003, 04:58 PM
I never heard anything about a new MMF format? What sets will be allowed?

Kari and Mewtwo
17th July 2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
I never heard anything about a new MMF format? What sets will be allowed?

LC onward (meaning no double gust, no prof. elm, no gold berry, no cleffa, no igglybuff, no ho-oh, no neo3 kingdra, etc)

The Muffin Man
17th July 2003, 08:15 PM
So very little strategy is left..?

Alec Trevelyan
17th July 2003, 08:56 PM
yeah, i used to use about 2 of them in my old skool gatr decks... and it rox, but it could be used too on typh/b.rk9, right? well, there are a few other too...
but what about lt surge's secret plan uh? lol

hobbs
17th July 2003, 10:18 PM
Actually, in what most of think will be the new Modified, Professor Elm will be legal because it was released as a "Best Of" promo.

Moving on, I used the card in an old Spunge deck. It works out well with cards like MP Mewtwo, R. Zapdos, Feraligatr, etc. that need energy in the discard.

Kari and Mewtwo
18th July 2003, 12:40 AM
i oughta try secret mission + mp mewtwo. I usually went with the nrg flow + mp mewtwo combo.

Water Pokemon Master
18th July 2003, 02:07 AM
LC onward (meaning no double gust, no prof. elm, no gold berry, no cleffa, no igglybuff, no ho-oh, no neo3 kingdra, etc)

Oh, I'm so stupid. I completely forgot about this format and that I even built an Expedition Blastoise deck around it. The reason I forgot about this is because my mom took this particular deck away last month for fighting with my bro's. Now I have to go ask her for it back.

It's too bad that they can't have the Neo's in this format either. Then we could still use Feraligatr decks. Oh well.

Roarkiller
18th July 2003, 02:52 AM
Well, whatever u guyz r planning, juz note that it will all end in august. Or is it October?

Anyway, juz a short Q: how many of u already embraced the new Nintendo format, or planning to?

Water Pokemon Master
18th July 2003, 02:59 AM
I currently have one deck based on the new format, and am planning on using it for the upcoming tournaments. I also have four other decks, one unlimited and three genesis on. Maybe for the Nintendo tournaments, you will be allowed to play unlimited decks as well. Don't forget, if you are going to enter one of Nintendo's tournaments, don't raise your Ruby or Sapphire Pokémon any higher than level 50, or you won't be able to use them. Now at the tournaments, you will also have to battle people on Gameboy and play the TCG.

Dark-San
18th July 2003, 07:31 AM
I remember using it in my ducks deck~ (A deck that consists of both Dark and Light Golduck) in MF. The card is superb and I remember using it together wif the rest of discruption cards like RSA, Rocket Trap and IOR.

The deck is kinda ownz. And not many ppl hav actually won tat deck b4 thanks to secret mission

hobbs
18th July 2003, 03:28 PM
Actually, WPM, the whole Game Boy/TCG combo tourney has been confirmed to a one-time or once yearly type of event to attract those who play the GB game to the TCG. That's why the TCG portion is a draft; requiring the individual to have no cards of their own.

I'm not too big a fan of the new format due to its lack of reliable gust-like cards and minimal healing. =\ They really should re-release Double Gust and Gold Berry as promos. Oh, well.

Water Pokemon Master
18th July 2003, 03:32 PM
Yes, hobbs, your're right. I just did some more reading on that. If Wizards was still in control, they wouldn't be doing the Game Boy thing because Nintendo is in charge of the Game Boy stuff. I also just found out that they are allowing 15+ trainers again, just like it used to be. Yes!