PDA

View Full Version : Other Gym leaders Pokemon:

PikachuRocks
17th July 2003, 06:49 AM
Due to the fact we have a dub title thread and a final teams thread:I thought a gym leaders pokemon thread would work.

Wattson:
Electrode
Magneton
Manectric

Flannery:
Magcargo
Camerupt
Torkoal

Norman:
Zangoose
Vigoroth
Slaking

Winnoa(sp?)
Pelipper
Skarmony
Altria(sp?)

Tate and Liza:
Solrock
Lunatone
Kadabra
Kiralia

Wallace:
Luvdisc
Seadra
Lanturn
Milotic

Mikey
17th July 2003, 11:27 AM
Wattson
Voltorb
Magneton

Flannery
Slugma
Torkoal

Norman
Slaking

Winona
Swellow
Skarmory
Altaria

Liza and Tate
Solrock
Lunatone

Wallace
Luvdisc
Whiscash
Milotic

Potato Dude
17th July 2003, 11:35 AM
Norman:

Slaking
Vigoroth
Linoone
Zangoose

RJdude
17th July 2003, 11:47 AM
Here's what I think (they'll use these Pokemon in the order I put them):

Watson:
- Magneton
- Voltorb
- Manectric

Flannery:
- Magcargo
- Numel
- Torkoal

Norman:
- Zangoose
- Linoone
- Slaking (This evolved from the Vigoroth he used to beat Ash)

Winona
- Skarmory
- Fearow
- Altaria

Liza and Tate:
- Lunatone
- Solrock

Wallace:
- Luvdisc
- Whiscash
- Milotic

Hanada Tattsu
17th July 2003, 12:32 PM
[u]Wattson

Manectric ~ His only Pokemon, but insanely strong. It's very fast and knows a variety of varied attacks, will be terribly hard for Satoshi to defeat, me thinks he will use Treecko or Pikachu, or maybe even Taillow, as it is resistant to electricity for some reason. I'm sure an evolution will occur here.

Potato Dude
17th July 2003, 03:25 PM
Tailow's not resistant. It just fought over its head Bayleef-style against Pikachu.

Iveechan
17th July 2003, 03:55 PM
I can't wait to see Manectric in the anime, it is very cool looking ^_^ Lol, I hope it won't turn into a Surge clone, Ash has had a stroke of bad luck with a few of the Houen gym leaders :D

I already have a funny mental picture of Pikachu trying to shock Whiscash, but this being the anime, it probably will :P

OpOp32
17th July 2003, 08:22 PM
Here is what i think

Wattson-
Manectric
Magnetron

Flannery-
Slugma
Torkoal

Norman-
Slaking
Vigoroth

Winona-
Pelliper
Skarmory
Altaria

Tate and Liza-
Solrock
Lunatone

Wallace-
Luvdisc
Whiscash
Milotic

Op

ArCaN1NeX
18th July 2003, 03:57 AM
Wattson: I hope he uses Manectric for his signature Pokemon. His other Pokemon is most likely Magneton. Electrode could happen...

Norman: He'll definately use Slaking (perhaps evolved from his Vigoroth in its first appearance?). Other choices are a second Vigoroth, a Delcatty, or a Zangoose, perhaps.

Flannery: Torkoal, Magcargo, and Numel is likely. It'll be interesting to see how Ash responds to Torkoal's Overheat attack. Maybe he'll let it wear itself out (since it's suppose to lower Special Attack; that may not happen in the anime, though).

Winona: I really don't like idea of her using dual-type Flyers but there's not many options for Normal/Flying-types in Hoenn. I could see her using Swellow and maybe Ash's Taillow will evolve, causing a Swellow Vs. Swellow battle. Other than that idea, she'll probably use a Pelipper, Skarmory or Altaria, or maybe all three.

Tate and Liza: Pretty obvious here. These two will use Solrock and Lunatone. This is one battle I'm really looking forward to seeing, since it's a serious 2 on 2 match. I wonder if these twins will use their Calm Minding strategy like in the game.

Wallace: Milotic, Whiscash, Sealeo. Luvdisc in a battle isn't worth it, to me. I wonder how this match will work out seeing as how all of Wallace's Pokemon can only battle in water and Ash only has one Water-type thus far (Corphish). Maybe he'll catch another or trade back for Totodile/Kingler or another Kingler-Indigo League evolution could occur, where Corphish evolves and takes down Wallace's entire team...

*Murkrow
18th July 2003, 08:49 AM
Ok, I know next to nothing about the later gym leaders so bare with me people :P
All in order of appearence

Wattson
Electrode/Magneton
Manetric

Flannery
Magcargo
Torkoal

Norman
I'd like him to use a Zangoose, but I can really see him using just Vigoroth and it evolving in the fight, don't know why, it seems the only way for the fight to go for me. But then again, I'm weird :rolleyes: So then;
Vigoroth>Slaking

I don't know about any of the others so I can't say^_^

Hanada Tattsu
18th July 2003, 01:33 PM
Taillow is resistant. Pikachu shocked the *hit out of it, and it still didn't faint.

Flannery

Magcargo ~ Just fits. Not a very strong Pokemon, Ash's Corphish would be a good choice to take this guy out.

Camerupt ~ Her signature Pokemon. I think Ash will use Treecko to try to wear this guy out, or maybe even Grovyle.

ArCaN1NeX
18th July 2003, 02:47 PM
Camerupt ~ Her signature Pokemon.

I thought Flannery's signature Pokemon was Torkoal. :confused:

Hanada Tattsu
18th July 2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ArCaN1NeX
I thought Flannery's signature Pokemon was Torkoal. :confused:

In the game. The anime and the game are different, so Flannery's signature Pokemon could be a Manectric. j/k

Mikey
18th July 2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
In the game. The anime and the game are different, so Flannery's signature Pokemon could be a Manectric. j/k

Nah, they usually stick to signature Pokemon in the anime. They have since Johto.

Falkner- Pidgeot, had to make it stronger cause Ash had his strong batters

Bugsy- Scyther

Whitney- Miltank

Morty- Gengar

Jasmine- Steelix

Pryce- Piloswine

Clair- Kingdra

Norman- Vigoroth

Roxanne- Nosepass

Brawly- Makuhita

They stick good. Also, Hanada why don't you post all your thoughts for the gym leader's Pokemon instead of posting one every time someone else posts. It would svae a little room. Just a suggestion.

RJdude
18th July 2003, 08:10 PM
Actually, Claire's main Pokemon in the anime was Dragonair, although Kingdra was probably her most experienced. But whilw we're at it, let's take a look at the Kanto gym leaders:

Brock:
Game - Onix
Anime - Onix

Misty:
Game - Starmie
Anime - Starmie

Lt. Surge:
Game - Raichu
Anime - Raichu

Sabrina:
Game - Alakazam
Anime - Kadabra

Erika:
Game - Vileplume
Anime - Gloom

Koga:
Game - Weezing
Anime - Venomoth

Blaine
Game - Arcanine
Anime - Magmar

Giovanni:
Game - Rhydon
Anime - Mewtwo

A little more variety there... anyway, I'd prefer if the Gym leaders used at least slightly different Pokemon in the anime, it'll keep things interesting.

Hanada Tattsu
18th July 2003, 11:27 PM
Okay, I will, but I can't post the text next to it explaining my reasons cause then it would take too much time.

Norman - Slakoth, Vigoroth, Slaking

Winona - Swablu, Skarmory, Altaria

Tate & Liza - Lunatone, Solrock

Wallace - Whiscash, Crawdaunts, Milotic

AKA Pokemon Fan
22nd July 2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by ArCaN1NeX Wallace:[/B] Milotic, Whiscash, Sealeo. Luvdisc in a battle isn't worth it, to me. I wonder how this match will work out seeing as how all of Wallace's Pokemon can only battle in water and Ash only has one Water-type thus far (Corphish). Maybe he'll catch another or trade back for Totodile/Kingler or another Kingler-Indigo League evolution could occur, where Corphish evolves and takes down Wallace's entire team...
Milotic for one can move just fine out of water, just like Gyarados.

Perhaps we'll get to see some of Ash's other Pokemon battle underwater like Sakura's Espeon and Jessie's Arbok.

I also suspect all the Pokemon Wallace uses to battle will be fully evolved just like with Giovanni and Clair's Pokemon (well there was Dragonair but it was strong enough as is).

Hanada Tattsu
23rd July 2003, 11:55 AM
Well, it's just been confirmed that at one point Norman has had/has a Slakoth. It could be his pre-evolved Vigoroth, or it could be another Pokemon he has, just to let you guys know.