PDA

View Full Version : Today's episode in Japan.... event heaven

Zak
17th July 2003, 06:53 AM
Well, today's episode was "The Great Starter Pokemon Panic", and a lot of stuff seems to have happened in it.... and I'm not sure if this is all, most of it may be wrong, but all of it is either 95% or 100%

-It was Joy's Torchic that evolved into Combusken

-Brock's first Pokemon is confirmed to be Onix

-Wailord appears in the ep, and I think J&J use a Wailord submarine

-May lets Brock temporarily "borrow" her Torchic, so he can daycare it... and meanwhile, she does some special training with Beautifly for the Contest

-In the Beauty Contest next week, one of the main contestants has a MILOTIC!

I'll let you know if I find anymore info, or if any of this turns out to be false... but these are most likely true, and if not, at least half true.

EDIT: Masato doesn't become a trainer, he was apparently just dreaming.

~Zak

Mikey
17th July 2003, 07:11 AM
Wow, great info Zak. I'll probably be confirming it by friday with a guide. Thanks!:wave:

Andrew
17th July 2003, 07:33 AM
Wow, I hope I don't fall for more lies today. :(

I goddamn hope these are all true! And Masato getting a Slakoth, is it from his Dad?

I can't wait to see what Brock does with Torchic to get it up to speed. IMO I think Lotad needs it more from what I've read!

Still, wow, here I was thinking it was going to be a lame filler along the lines of "May trains with Beautifly, Brock and Ash and Masato help Joy and joy's Torchic evolves, so wacky hi-jinks ensure as they try to replace it with May's Torchic"

Laz-E-Boy
17th July 2003, 09:20 AM
How can Masato become a trainer? I thought he was too young.

Chris 2.1
17th July 2003, 11:55 AM
So, when you say Masato becomes a trainer, do you mean he trains one of Joy's starters for the episode, or he actually is given/catches/recieves a Pokemon?

HiTM@N
17th July 2003, 12:28 PM
I think when they say TRAINER, it doesn't neccessarily mean that he receives a starter Pokemon but instead has the right to battle with one. So he's legally allowed to either own or use a Pokemon at any given time I suppose.Masato was around nine year's old when he joined up with Ash wasn't he? Maybe he was pretty close to his birthday when he did so, and is now ten year's old. If he is the right age to start training, it might not be too long before he goes off on his own(and Misty might return). 8)

Hanada Tattsu
17th July 2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the info, Zak!

- That sucks, I hoped it was May's Torchic that evolved, but it was Nurse Joy's Torchic that evolved into Combusken after all.

- I knew that it was Brock's Onix that was his first Pokemon, cool!

- Finally, Masato becomes a trainer. However, he doesn't get the Slakoth. :(

- Milotic? This early? Wow...

- Hmm, so Brock 'temporarily owns' Torchic. How funny...

- Wailord? Cool...

Rocketboy
17th July 2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Zak
-Wailord appears in the ep, and I think J&J use a Wailord submarine

I KNEW IT! Ever since I saw Wailord I knew it would be a sub!!! :D :yes:

Laz-E-Boy
17th July 2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by HiTM@N
I think when they say TRAINER, it doesn't neccessarily mean that he receives a starter Pokemon but instead has the right to battle with one. So he's legally allowed to either own or use a Pokemon at any given time I suppose.Masato was around nine year's old when he joined up with Ash wasn't he? Maybe he was pretty close to his birthday when he did so, and is now ten year's old.

He can't possibly be ten. Haruka's ten right? I doubt Masato is the same age as his sister.

*Murkrow
17th July 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Laz-E-Boy
He can't possibly be ten. Haruka's ten right? I doubt Masato is the same age as his sister.

Yeah, but younger kids have been seen with Pokémon that they've caught/received and they use them to battle(i.e. the kid from the Johto Bellsprout ep, he was even talking about evolving it, at least in the dub). But it's still neat though, i wonder what Pokémon he'll have?

Woah, loads of info, thanks Zak^_^

DannyBoy
17th July 2003, 04:34 PM
I cant wait for this eppie its going to be amazing. So much in one eppie. I wonder what pokemon Matso will get. I wonder how Wailord looked.

JazzJazz
17th July 2003, 05:10 PM
I, too am wondering which pokemon Masato will receive. I doubt it will be one of the default starters as all three of those are already owned by the other heroes.

HiTM@N
17th July 2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Laz-E-Boy

Masato is at least a year or two younger than May, so he either closed the gap by one or became the same age as her in this episode. Normally someone who turns the right age to train would be handed a starter, gear, etc. but the group has already traveled quite a bit so he would have to head back on his own. My guess is that he will wait a while before embarking on his own. He'll learn from Ash about battle experience first. Besides I just think he has the short gene in his blood so he looks younger than he is(9 or 10).

Originally Posted by JazzJazz
I, too am wondering which pokemon Masato will receive. I doubt it will be one of the default starters as all three of those are already owned by the other heroes.

I was thinking something along the lines of a dark-type. For a kid with all that knowledge, it wouldn't be too hard to handle a Pokemon of that kind. He could clearly seem to have an understanding of Poochena earlier in AG and its not uncommon to see or capture a Pokemon that has been shown earlier in the season. Personally I'd like to see Masato with a Mightyena.

AKA Pokemon Fan
17th July 2003, 11:07 PM
We've seen that young trainers (I'd say Masato is eight at the most) can own Pokemon but not compete in gyms. Everyone remember the Four Eevee brothers? They actually said that starting training young is endorsed by some.

So perhaps Masato passes some test or otherwise gains a qualification that allows him to own and use Pokemon in battle, but not compete in gyms. Kind of like the early Driver's Licences one can get before they get old enough for a real one.

I can't wait to see Milotic! It's one of my favorite Water types and I want to see it in anime glory!

It makes sense that Onix was Brock's first Pokemon. They always seemed to have a different sort of bond that was never expressed, and Brock's siblings in his first episode referred to how hard Brock had worked with Onix for apaprently some time.

Serebii of SPP
18th July 2003, 05:06 AM
I'm sorry to disappoint you all but Masato does not become a trainer in this episode...the only thing that happens is he wonders what Pokémon he will get first, thinking about getting a Slakoth like his father.

Sorry guys

May lets Brock temporarily "borrow" her Torchic, so he can daycare it... and meanwhile, she does some special training with Beautifly for the Contest

It isn't really Day care, just letting brock keep it so she can do some training with Beautifly alone

AKA Pokemon Fan
18th July 2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Serebii of SPP
I'm sorry to disappoint you all but Masato does not become a trainer in this episode...the only thing that happens is he wonders what Pokémon he will get first, thinking about getting a Slakoth like his father.

Sorry guys

It isn't really Day care, just letting brock keep it so she can do some training with Beautifly alone
Oh well, no big disappointment for me. It's nice that they show the characters thinkig about these things. And we still get to see Milotic soon!:D

Hanada Tattsu
18th July 2003, 01:29 PM
That sucks. I was so intent on Masato becoming a trainer and getting a Slakoth, and now I find out that he's not even becoming a trainer.

Oh well, at least he mentions something about getting a Pokemon, that's a treat.