PDA

View Full Version : DV's

Scizor Master
24th December 2002, 08:15 PM
Can someon please explain everything they know about DV's? Thanks

Don't Run With Scizors
24th December 2002, 09:53 PM
DVs... in RuSa? I assume you already know a bit about how the old stat formula worked (using DVs from 0 to 15, and stat experience, you know). Well, the system in RuSa is totally different.

Instead of DVs from 0 to 15, you have 31 seperate DVs. Instead of Stat Experience, you now have Effort Values. The new Effort Values max out when the values for each stat total at 510 or so (I forget the exact value, but I know it maxes out somewhere in the early 500s). However, since the total maximum Effort Value for each stat is much higher than this number, it makes it completely impossible to have a Pokémon with maximum stats (this, along with personality and a couple of other things, is Game Freak's way of introducing more variety among Pokémon).

A level 100 Pokémon with no Effort Value (probably one you stuck in the Day-Care or fed a bunch of Rare Candies to) will have significantly lower stats than one that has been raised beating other Pokémon, because the battle-raised Pokémon has recieved Effort Value from battling. A complete list of Effort Values given by each Pokémon can be found here (http://database.stumpnet.net/rsstatexp.html). If you want to raise Pokémon with high attack, battle Pokémon that give out Attack Effort Value; if you want a balance between a few, battle equal Pokémon for Attack, Defense, etc. Keep in mind that you can't completely balance out all the stats, so it's best if you shunt some Effort Value to the most important stats and leave the rest empty. For example, I want my Endure\Reversal Bashaamo to have lower Defense\Special Defense, so I'm mostly going for Attack and Speed Effort Value. Looking at the list, I see two candidates: Jupetta for Attack and Golbat for Speed. They each give me two Effort Value points for Attack and Speed, respectively. And guess what? You can both find them together at Rekkuzza's Tower - that's some convenient training right there, if you ask me.

Scizor Master
24th December 2002, 10:41 PM
Perfectly explained, thank you very much!!

Oddish17
25th December 2002, 02:33 PM
I'll just add two things. Vitamins give 10 Effort Value Points to the corresponding stat. If you can afford it, it is much faster than battling pokemon. And the max Effort Value for each stat is 255.