PDA

View Full Version : dragonite whee...

Artiquin
18th July 2003, 08:38 AM
Dragonite pic, using .png since for some reason adobe seems to be saving the .jpg with chopped up coloring >.< Yes, even at maximum...

COMMENTS: My first attempt at drawing the dragonite, then coloring online. I thought it was pretty good. I had to edit the antennae and feet because they were too long, but the editting came out semi-decently. My 2 favorite parts -- the head (which I made the design myself after trying to draw dragonite over and over and found out this one worked quite nicely) and the wings, which I've made larger for the sole purpose of it looking like it can actually fly >_< Small wings on large dragon = not realistic. Large wings = goood.

http://www.geocities.com/alakazam317/dragonite.txt

Can't attach it since it's too big >_< Copy and paste that link since envy doesn't like external linking...

EDIT: that should work...I think

EDIT2: OKay that MUST work for all you with linking problems...

*Murkrow
18th July 2003, 10:07 AM
It doesn't like me linking to it, even copying and pasting.
Soz, I'd rate it if I could :(

Edit: Actually, ignore all that, I've just managed to link to it. And as promised, here's my rate:
The shading is good, very smooth, as are the lines(in most places). The pose is good too. I don't like the wings though, maybe it's because I'm used to Dragonite having small wings, but they just don't seem to fit it well. The back legs also might be slightly to big. Other than those though, good work! 8/10
Keep up the good work^_^:yes:
:wave:

Katie
18th July 2003, 12:01 PM
in my book, big paws=CUTE!! ^^ I like the way it was drawn, sorta sketchy but not messy :) the water is especially good, and the shading! the only thing that bothers me is he doesn't look like he's really flying. either the angle of the wings or the body need to be changed a little to make it look completely natural. still great, good job!

~Katie

Silent Dragonfly
18th July 2003, 12:14 PM
Wow, that's really good. I like the sketchy style and it looks better with big wings. I like the eye, and the big claws are cool, the water effect is good too. A great piece of work overall!

Geofree
18th July 2003, 08:44 PM
Thats so great! I'm impressed! The water underneath is a clever idea and giving him bigger wings looks fine I think. The only thing that bothers me is his expression. Nothing wrong with it drawin-wise but he looks sad, hmmm, I wonder why.

Fantastic drawing though :yes: :wave:

Mikey
18th July 2003, 10:04 PM
Wow! Awesome, I love the slenderniss you gave to it and the way its wings are large and broad like Charizards. It looks like its springing from the water. Nice Dragonite, it's unique from the others!:yes: