PDA

View Full Version : Masato and Training!

Mikey
19th July 2003, 12:18 AM
There has been a rumor floating around that in the latest AG episode in Japan, Masato recieves a Slakoth to begin his Pokemon Training career with. However, this was prooven false.

Now comes to my question, or discussion if you will. When Masato does become a trainer, what Pokemon would be a good choice for him to start off with. Remember, it should fit his personality and interests. I believe Slakoth would be the right choice, as he would be following in his father's footsteps. Masato would seem like the type to train one.

Iveechan
19th July 2003, 12:48 AM
Poochyena, he seems to have bonded with the one in that episode it evolved in.

DannyBoy
19th July 2003, 12:50 AM
I can see him getting a Electike or Gulpin for some reason. They are coming up and they seem his type.

HiTM@N
19th July 2003, 02:32 AM
Either a Poochyena or its evolved form Mightyena would be a suitable choice for Masato, as Iveechan pointed out. He seemed to take alot of interest in it and was very determined to help it out.

Chris 2.1
19th July 2003, 04:34 AM
Yea, if I recall what i heard, Masato said he would start with a Slakoth like his father did, but that was a THOUGHT.

I'd like him to get a Jigzagoon. They seem his type TOTALLY! I would also have said Seedot, but Nuzleaf and Shiftry seem a bit too much for him. I doubt he'll start with a Normal type, because May didn't, so it's not as if they're following the lines of 'Gym Leaders kids have the same type of Pokemon as their parent' idea.

I doubt Poochyena, since it was only the Poochyena in the Park Masato bonded with, it wouldn't be the same with any other one. Maybe he'll get an Electrike, that would be cool, or a Trapinch....

Gravy
19th July 2003, 03:52 PM
I can see Masato with an Abra actually. A little stereotypical, I know, but it really does suit him, seeing as they are both quite intelligent.
Treecko also seems like a good choice IMHO. It just seems to suit him for some odd reason :P

*Murkrow
19th July 2003, 04:03 PM
Two Treecko's? I doubt it.
I can see the Mightyena he helped evolve come back though, if he was that willing to help it, then it might want to thank him by being his Pokémon.
*Shrugs*
Or did it already belong to someone? I've gotta know learn what happens in these episode@_@

Chris 2.1
19th July 2003, 04:24 PM
Mightyena was in a Pokemon Nature Park, so It is sorta possible it returns.

JazzJazz
19th July 2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Sneasel(h)Obsessive
Two Treecko's? I doubt it.

Why not? We had two wurmples for a while...

*Murkrow
20th July 2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by JazzJazz

Yeah, but they weren't on the same side, one was with TR and the other with Ash and co. Besides, they evolved into different Pokémon. If Masato got a Treecko, it'd still end up the same as Ash's, unless his evolved to Grovyle/Sceptile and Masato's didn't.

Gravy
20th July 2003, 08:02 AM
True, but lets not forget they each evolved into a completly different pokemon.
lol, anyways, I know Treecko isn't too likely, I was just saying, it kinda suits him. I was thinking he'd go off on his own and leave the group with his own starter.

Hanada Tattsu
20th July 2003, 10:59 AM
Masato needs a Slakoth, it's the exact opposite of him, dumb and stupid, while Masato's smarter than his nutty, neurotic, and ditzy sister May, the dumb blond. *waves Misty flag* BTW, I'm not bashing, if I was bashing I would have said [censored words here]MAY!!

Masato also needs something like a Zigzagoon or a Trapinch, I would even like seeing him with a Bagon and a Shellon, but not a Salamence.

JazzJazz
20th July 2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Masato needs a Slakoth, it's the exact opposite of him, dumb and stupid, while Masato's smarter

This is an interesting point, though I don't think the writers will give Masato a pokemon that opposes his smarts... rather, they'll give him one which complements them.

HiTM@N
20th July 2003, 09:37 PM
Here's a challenge Ash should give Masato WHEN Misty makes her return. Make Pysduck less Pysduck-ish. LOL I'd pay to see that. :P

Light_Togetic
21st July 2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by HiTM@N
Here's a challenge Ash should give Masato WHEN Misty makes her return. Make Pysduck less Pysduck-ish. LOL I'd pay to see that. :P

LOL, I'd pay to see that too! ^^ Although I don't believe it to be possible...

I think that if they give Masato (when is this kid gonna get an English name?!) a pokemon, it'll be something small, and will compliment his smartness (like JazzJazz said). I think a Tapinch would work nicely, or maybe an Azurill! Wouldn't that be cute?! Masato holding a little Azurill! Okay fine... I'll just stick with the Trapinch...

Thy
21st July 2003, 03:41 PM
Tracey had a Marril so another Marril would be very unlikely. I see him Plusle and Minun. Masato wants to be like Ash ans sees the twins playing and befriends them. They lik ehim and volentarily go into 2 Pokeballs. They are at that spot and the animators could make them seem less Pika to the audiance, despite their looks.

Hanada Tattsu
23rd July 2003, 12:03 PM
Nah, I still go by what I said before; that May and Jessie will get Plusle and Minun; Jessie with Minun and May with Plusle. Though I could see James and Jessie getting them, TR (especially James is overdue in terms of Pokemon).

Black Skull Dragon
15th August 2003, 03:22 PM
In terms of pokemon for James, I really think a Roselia would do him good. He could also get Zangoose, or maybe even Seedot! I say that because Jesse and May have Dustox and Beautifly, respectfully, so why not give James Seedot to compete with Brock's Lotad? Hell, they could even make it evolve into Nuzleaf, just to give James a Dark type!

For Masato, he seemed partial to Treecko, and if I remember right, Norman wanted Masato to start off with Slackoth, but Masato doesnt want to because Slackoth crushed him.

Jamesology101
16th August 2003, 02:27 AM
I thought that Poochyena would've suited him, although the evolved form would've been to strong for someone who's never even owned a Pokemon before. Then again, I haven't even seen Masato in action (just seen pics and episode guides), so it's hard for me to judge which Pokemon would fit his personality. I'm hoping not Trapinch, 'cause I'd like to see some other main character get it and raise it all the way to Flygon (probably won't happen, though).

As for James ... Roselia seems to delicate for him while he's in Team Rocket, I can't see it surviving blasting off each week. I have another suggestion for James which is lifted right out of my fanfic-in-progress: Shedinja. It looks perfect for him, and it offers some great story possibilities: another character's Nincada could evolve, and James's Pokeball could get possessed by the resulting Shedinja. It could even follow Team Rocket around for a few episodes, eerily levitating off the ground inside its ball, before they discover they have it. And, if they kept Wonder Guard in the anime, it would provide excellent protection against Pikachu's electric attacks and really help TR in battle. Just a thought...

So long as they don't give him Swalot. Gulpin is cute, but Swalot is the ugliest, un-Jamesest Pokemon in existence.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 11:25 AM
**SPOILERS**

Well, now that we know Misty is returning *YES*, then maybe giving Max (his dub name) a new Pokemon is just stupid. I don;t think the writers will make a five person traveling group, so maybe Max will leave or something.