PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Research-The Chase for the Legends

Neo-Xantios
19th July 2003, 01:30 AM
Greetings fellow forumers of TPM. My brother, Captain Jack, must regretfully inform you that he had cancelled his previous fic: "Dream Come True". However, he has decided to commence a new, non-trainer Pokémon fanfic. Captain Jack proudly presents you: Pokémon Research-The Chase for the Legends. Please enjoy.

To comment or make an announcement, I shall use green text while Captain Jack will use blue text.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Research-The Chase for the Legends

Prologue

The usually sunny weather suddenly dropped rain on Sundale, which soon caused a major rainstorm. A tall adult, who had a strict look on his face, stood in his apartment, staring at the ‘which was normally crowded’ street. He wore a luxurious suit which had the color of the sky and pants which had the color of the ocean. But his hair had the color of cyan. His eyes had the same color, but they were darker. The man gave a heavy sigh as he saw the almost empty streets being soaked by the huge raindrops that fell. Many people had already returned back to their homes, but some people(which were mostly kids) still walked on the ruined muddy road which extended to the far east of the town.

How can it rain today? he thought. The weather forecast report DID say today would be sunny.

Dark gray clouds started forming as the storm became worse. The drains that surrounded the dirty road soon were flooded with rainwater, which caused the roadway to also flood. Later, a telephone rang and interrupted the tall man from his thoughts. He then grabbed his disturbing cell phone from his left pocket.

“Hello, who is this?” the tall man asked with a confused voice.

“Greetings, this is the manager of Pokemon Inc. I am here to inform you, Mr. Renneth that the meeting for today will be cancelled due to the major rainstorm.” The voice sounded deep as if it were an adult in his fifty’s.

“I see, Uther.” Mr. Renneth said. “I will see you tomorrow then, goodbye.”

“Goodbye.” Uther’s voice sounded much softer this time.

Right after the short call, the major rainstorm strangely stopped as the dark gray clouds slowly traveled away, heading west. The fluffy clouds were replaced by the warm sunny sun. The hot orange circle gave enough heat for the rainwater to evaporate slowly.

Strange.

Renneth then turned around and headed out of his bedroom. Due to the space the bedroom had, it didn’t take that long before he reached the outside of the bedroom, which was the living room. The living room wasn’t large either, but it still was able to fit one television, one long wooden table and a few sofas. The walls of it were painted a regular white, which didn’t show any luxury in it. But the lights that were hanging the top of the living room were opposite. The bulbs looked like if they were made out of diamonds, shining from day to night. The outer part that stored the bulbs looked like they were made out of pure gold, reflecting every source of light, and if they were switched on, the diamond-like light bulbs would release white blinding light. The floor was made of shiny bright wood. In the afternoon, where the sun shines the brightest, they would also shine their brightest, which makes it a little luxurious. Renneth walked slowly to the windows which were to the left of his position. He peeked out the window and saw the roads crowded again as usual. After the quick peek, the business man closed the windows and walked to the doors. He checked around once more to see if he was missing anything while shutting the doors. Shutting the doors was the most primitive thing to do in this apartment because the building didn’t store any code protector or anything like that; they had to use keys. But it wasn’t that inconvenient to do. Just then, the elevator arrived at the same time. Renneth quickly ran to the lift with the fastest speed he can make. When he saw there were nobody inside, he gave a heavy sigh.

“Why does it always have to go like this,” the tall man murmured as he entered the elevator.

As he pressed the ‘L’ button for lobby, the doors closed. With in a few seconds, he was already in the lobby. The interior of the lobby looked most likely luxurious due to the furniture it had. Near the entrance was a counter where another tall man stood. He was dressed in a uniform most likely to a policeman. From the looks of him, Renneth was sure he was muscular. He waved a hand at him while the muscular man waved back. The tall business man exited the apartment and sat inside his car, which was parked just at the in front of the entrance/exit doors. He started the engines and drove towards the east, which lead to his destination, Pokemon Inc.

geoff
19th July 2003, 09:47 AM
Wow, this is really intriguing! Very descriptive and original. I can't wait to read chapter 1. =)

Tyler and Hobbes
19th July 2003, 11:49 AM
Wow, I love it. It kept me on my feet! I wonder if this is a trainer fic or a fic about the tall man. I'm so excited!

Neo-Xantios
20th July 2003, 01:20 AM
Thank you all for replying. I really appreciate it. It's mainly about searching legendary data. Chapter one will soon be coming. Hope you will enjoy it too. Captain Jack out

I, too, must thank you for the positive feedback. I was so surprised that my brother could write so well after his first fanfic. I was even more surprised that it was a non-trainer fic. But this is only the beginning. I really hope it will end just as decisively.

DannyBoy
20th July 2003, 02:24 AM
SO far you have a good start. From the title this is about people serching for legends. Renneth seems like a intresting character. I think Kyrouge might have something to do with the rain. We will see soon I hope. I will keep reading to find out what happens. Keep it up!

Neo-Xantios
21st July 2003, 07:31 AM
Hello, again. If you're wondering what happened to Chapter one, here it comes. Hope you all enjoy it, fellow forumers of TPM!

Pokemon Research-The Chase for the Legends

Chapter 1-The Meeting

While driving the car, another interrupting “RING” was heard. Renneth once again grabbed his cell phone from his pocket, but this time he didn’t put it near his ear to hear who it was, instead he put it into a small data cell-like box, which did not have a lid. Immediately, a familiar sound was heard.

“Hello again, Mr. Renneth.”

“Hello, Uther,” Renneth replied as he steered the wheel. “What’re you calling me for?”

“I’m here to inform that the meeting won’t be cancelled, due to the weather change,” Uther informed.

“I already know that. I’m heading towards Pokemon Inc. right now.”

“Ok, Goodbye,” Uther sounded like a teenager.

“Goodbye.”

As the tall man headed towards the east, a structure was soon seen unclear. But when Renneth drove near enough, the building showed its long banner, revealing the words ‘Pokemon Inc.’ with legendary Pokemon as the background. The walls of the company was painted an old grayish color, like the companies in the twentieth century. But the entrance door was no where to be seen.

Renneth parked his car on a small empty road near the company. The space was just enough to fit the car perfectly. Renneth got out of his car and saw a dark figure approaching him. The view became clearer as the man neared. Renneth immediately knew who the man was, due to the old face he had.

“We meet again,” the old man greeted as he stretched out his hand for a handshake.

“I see you’ve changed since I last saw you , Uther” the business man said as he shook Uther’s hand.

“And I see you have a new car,” Uther replied back as he checked the shiny blue car. “A XL model with super new features. Wow, it has the new X-frame windows equipped! And also four new slide-away doors with battery equipment . This car is unbelievable!”

“I bought it at the XL car factory,” Renneth said coolly. “Now let’s go to the meeting room before we‘re late.”

“Yes, Mr. Renneth.”

The two business men both walked to the back of the company, where two doors were found. They each pushed one door and headed inside, which was cool, due to the air conditioners inside the structure. Once inside, a huge hall appeared in front of Renneth’s eyes. The hall stored many luxurious furniture and had doors surrounding it, making it seem like a theatre. The walls were colored dark blue, the same color as Renneth’s business suit. On top of the doors were signs which showed the rooms the doors led to.
After having a walk around, the tall man nodded his head.

“Not bad at all,” Renneth rated as he looked around for the last time.

“Our furniture were bought at the new supply store in Sundale.”

“ I see.”

Finally, the two men walked to a door which named itself as the ‘Meeting Room’. When they were close enough, the almost-transparent door automatically opened itself, making space for the two men to enter. But once inside, the door automatically closed itself, shutting them inside. The meeting room was similar to the huge hall, except that it had a huge display screen in front.

“Hello!” came a loud voice, which was formed by many voices.

“Hello,” Renneth greeted back as he checked the unfamiliar room.

The furniture in the room was neatly arranged for a meeting. The chairs were lined up one by one at the sides and ends of a long table which stood in the middle of the room(one end of the table was pointing towards Renneth‘s position). People with suits similar to Renneth’s sat on those chairs, waiting for the meeting to start. Uther immediately hurried to the other end of the table to sit down, leaving only one empty chair, which appeared to be on the left side of the table. But soon, the seat was taken by the tall man.

“Good morning all. Today, I would like to tell you some objectives, so please listen carefully.” Uther sounded gentle. “Now where shall we start. Yes, about the legends, do any of you know about them?”

“Sir, I know some information on Celebi.” A man with glasses stood up from his chair. “Celebi’s hidden home is in the Ilex Forest, south of Johto. It was known as the Golden Pole, but nowadays, people call it the Celebi’s Shrine.”

“I see, Mr. Ozone. By the way, where did you get this information?” Uther asked as he gave a smile.

“I got this information at the Pokemon Reader’s Operational Library at Fernelle, north of Sundale.”

“Brilliant, Mr. Ozone, you did an excellent job in finding some information about Celebi, anyone else have any information about the legends?”

“Anyone?” the old man asked again.

But silence filled the room as Mr. Ozone sat down. The old man suddenly pulled a laptop out from a cardboard-made box, which was placed on the floor right behind Uther. He placed it on top of the long table.

“Seeing nobody else knows about the legends, I will be showing you the objectives,” Uther said as he started his laptop. “As you can see, we’re going to take some data from these legends.”

All of a sudden, the huge screen that was hanged at the back of the meeting flashed some pictures of a small green animal with wings like a fly, a small white creature with a yellow star on it’s head, a big ugly monkey with some purple paint on it‘s face, a small pinkish creature with a long, stretchy tail and a big purple beast with angry eyes.

“Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew and Mewtwo,” he introduced. “We will be in groups to find these legends. Each group will find one legend, so that will be a total of five groups.”

“Sir, how many people will be in each group?” a woman with yellow hair asked.

“Two,” the old business man answered. “We will be using these to receive data. Instructions on how to use them are on the back.”

Uther then raised up a black device with some almost-hidden buttons on it. The device wasn’t near as cool as Renneth’s XL car.

“These devices are known as the ‘ALI-40 Machine’,” Uther introduced.

Everybody in the room started to chat(except for Uther) about the device. But not soon enough, the room was filled with silence again. Uther then went around the long table, passing out the devices. After passing the devices, the old man went back to his seat and sat down, ready to give his last message for the short meeting.

“I must also inform you one last thing. Tomorrow at nine o’clock, please be at Fundwell Street at Fernelle, north of Sundale, I will give your further instructions there. Meeting is adjourned.”

Everybody stood up from their chairs and left, leaving only Uther and Renneth inside the room.

“What a good meeting,” Renneth said with a smile.

“But short,” Uther added as he held his briefcase. “I’m going home now, goodbye.”

“Goodbye.”

The old man then left the empty room. After hearing the last sounds of the doors shutting, Renneth decided to walk around for a while. He looked around carefully, walking from corner to corner. Emptiness and silence seemed to cover the whole building, it felt like no person or sound could enter. Renneth walked around the room slowly, feeling the cool breeze from the air conditioners. After the short trip around, the tall man finally exited the doors, which opened automatically when he neared. The trip through the huge hall wasn’t that special as the trip around the meeting room, but it still felt relaxing passing through it. Once outside the company, the blazing heat of the infernal sun gave Renneth a taste of it’s warmness which he didn’t deserve. The business man started to sweat as the heat continued to rise to it’s highest. But it was weakened once he entered his car and opened the mini air conditioner. The cool breeze blew the heat and filled the whole car with it’s super cool wind.

Wow! I didn’t know it could be THIS hot. he thought started the car‘s engines.

Once started, the engines operated the two pairs of wheels by listening to the drivers orders. The journey back home wasn’t as suffering as the short trip from the company to his own car. At least it wasn’t that hot.

Tyler and Hobbes
21st July 2003, 11:22 AM
Cool, I like how that Uther character sounds like a teenager, I wish I had Renneth's car. *Takes a nap dreaming about the car*

geoff
21st July 2003, 11:25 PM
Very interesting storyline. I can't wait to see how the groups go about collecting information about and finding the legendary Pokemon.

DannyBoy
21st July 2003, 11:42 PM
THis is intresting still. I wonder also can't wait to see how they find all of them. I wonder if there is a machine they use that can sense them like in the 2nd pokemon movie with the birds. Cant wait. Good length and ok description. COuld use alittle work but its still good. Keep it up!

Neo-Xantios
22nd July 2003, 07:55 AM
Thank you again for replying. You will see what happens in the future chapters. The next chapter will probably come tomorrow. Hope you will enjoy that chapter.

Yes, indeed, this fanfic may require a little change, which may come soon. Now, my brother has gotten used to editting his work. It still is a mystery of who created that rainstorm. It cannot be Kyogre because the basin legend only appears in Hoenn. But my brother clearly states that it is a Pokémon. I look forward to posting the next chapter.