PDA

View Full Version : The Obliteration Day

MewTwoRulez
19th July 2003, 11:20 AM
This is my first FanFic, which i started 6 months ago when a member of Pokecommunity, Slowking, inspired me to write one, it took so long because i started and stopped 3 different times, when i finally finished it, i had to go back and change Town, People, Attack, and Pokemon names to English.

This fanfic takes place in the anime world, with Ash and Co. as the stars, but there are old favorites and a new face that i created, Ash has 3 Hoenn badges and is headed to Lavaridge Town for the Heat Badge, Ash hasn't met any of the Hoenn legends, therefore, the Wishing Star of Seven Nights movie never takes place on my timeline.

With that Set aside Here is the My Fanfic

The Armageddon Match! Groudon v. Kygore! The Clash of Titans!

This FanFic is dedicated to Slowking

“Looks like Lavaridge Town is the next stop,” said Brock “It lies at the base of Mt. Chimney.”
“Ok, said Ash lets pick up the pace,” replied Ash.
“Look at there” May pointed across the path. They saw an old man, he was homeless.
“Beware the Armageddon, for it comes soon!” the Old Man shouted. They walked on paying no attention. Maybe they should have heeded the warning…
When they arrived in town they found that the pokemon gym had been shutdown and everyone had been evacuated. There were only a few people in town, and most were familiar. They were Steven, Lance, Eusine, a trainer they didn’t know, Prof. Oak, Prof. Elm, and
Prof. Birch. Ash and his friends approached the group.
“Hello,” called Ash.
“Hi” almost all of them shouted back.
“Why are you all here, and where is everyone else?” asked Ash.
“We’ve been gathered here because of the situation,” responded Prof. Oak.
“What situation?” questioned Ash.
Lance responded, “Oh, you haven’t heard yet?”
“Heard what?” Brock and May asked almost simultaneously.
“Well every 5,000 years two great legendary pokemon wake” explained the mystery trainer, “they are colossal, the size of 10 Steelixes.”
“10 Steelixes?!?” Ash hollered.
“Yes, they wake, bloodthirsty, all they want is to destroy, destroy everything,” the trainer continued, “But more than anything they want to destroy each other, and nothing more. The thing is that they cannot reach each other. Groudon cannot make it into the vast ocean, and Kygore cannot make it onto the dry land. However, if they do reach each other, well, it means sheer destruction of the world”
“Wow,” said Ash “Those are the pokemon Team Aqu-”
“Team Aqua and Magma have already been taken care of, ” Steven pointed to the mystery trainer, “by him”
“All by himself?!?” Ash asked, “ And by the way who is he.” All their mouths dropped except Ash’s.
“HE is only the best pokemon trainer in the world, HE is Ramon” said Steven almost sarcastically.
“Anyway its nice to meet you Ash, but back on the subject, Mt. Chimney has been very active lately,” said Ramon, “ What most don’t know is that it is actually a volcano, and late at night people have been reporting bloodcurdling howls coming from inside the mountain. I was assigned because I am a legend expert, and it is almost Groudon and Kygore’s feeding time and I have to cut their meal sho---” At that moment a scream so loud and deep it made Ash’s very body tremble in fear. When it had ended Ramon spoke again,
“Ash I would like your help with this task of stopping Groudon and Kygore.” Everyone seemed so surprised.
“Yes, I will help you,” said Ash.
“All that stands between saving Hoenn and total Armageddon is me and you Ash. We have one night before Groudon and Kygore feed, one night…”

That night Ash, Ramon, Eusine, May, and Brock were all relaxing around the campfire.
“I like your pokemon,” said Ramon to Ash.
“Yes, you have a totally different team since we last meet,” said Eusine.
“Can we see your pokemon, Ramon?” asked May.
“Uh, ok, I guess,” he turned to Eusine “Is it ok?”
“Of course, why wouldn’t it be?” Ramon grabbed six pokeballs from his pocket, and threw them at the ground. Out came Blaziken first and then came Zapados and then--- Ash doubled checked to see if it was really a Zapados, and it was. Then the surprises didn’t stop there. Lugia, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou. Ash looked on with a little bit of jealously.
“Wow,” said May, “They are so beautiful, must have been hard to catch them.”
“Oh yes, you wouldn’t believe how long it took me to catch them, especially the dogs,” said Ramon.
“No wonder you’re the best,” said Ash, “It will be child’s play defeating Groudon and Kygore.” Another scream ripped through the air. They had gotten use to this now, it happens often.
“I think you are terribly overestimating these legends, they are extremely tough,” said Ramon.
When everyone else had fell asleep Ash questioned Ramon “have you ever heard of Mewtwo?” he asked.
“As a matter of fact I have,” responded Ramon, “I know he was created by Team Rocket and is pure evil, but does have a good side deep inside of him.” “I also know he is a powerhouse, and is most likely the strongest pokemon ever.”
“Yes,” replied Ash, “But he is too evil and arrogant to control.”
“Maybe,” said Ramon, “Maybe…” The fire burned out, Ash had fallen asleep, and Ramon was left to think about what may happen tomorrow. And with a final bone chilling scream Ramon too, had fallen asleep for the night.

“Are you ready?” asked Ramon.
“I think so,” replied Ash.
“Here you may use these pokemon today,” Ramon said. He handed Ash three pokeballs.
“Go ahead, open them” said Ramon, Ash threw them to the ground, and what he saw amazed him. He found himself staring at 3 pokemon he had already met.
“ Hello,” Ash said to the pokemon “Latios, Latias, and Jirachi.” Jirachi went up to Ash and gave him a warm embrace, and he went over and stroked Latios and Latias’ fine hair.
“Ah, so you have met already,” said Ramon, “ you are a legend magnet, so to speak.”
“Uh, I guess so” Ash replied as he blushed.
“So, Ash, we have about 3 hours until the awakinging, we also have a team stationed at Lilycove City, consisting of Steven, Esuine, and Lance, they are trying to stop the Kygore advance. As you can see,” Ramon continued, “Our team consists of me, you, and Prof. Birch.”
“So Ash Familiarize yourself with your poke----” As he was in the middle of his sentence, Mt. Chimney blew a slew of lava and ash into the air, the side of Mt. Chimney Then crumbled, and revealed the face of destruction, Groudon.
“NO, NO, NO!” Ramon yelled, “he is 3 hours early! This is terrible!” He grabbed his cell phone.
“Lance, Lance,” Ramon spoke into the phone “There has been a time miscalculation. Kygore will be---”
“Yes, we know,” said Lance “a tsunami of sorts is heading to the shores, we had suspected this already.”
“Are the shoreline cities evacuated?” asked Ramon
“Yes” replied Lance, at that moment Groudon’s Eyelids opened, and his sun yellow eyes shone bright in threw the morning fog.
“Lance,” said Ramon “I…. have to…. go.” He closed the cell phone and put it away.
“Ramon, the lava!” Yell Prof. Birch
“Ash and Birch!” Ramon yelled “Mount Latias and Latios and try to freeze the lava.” They did just that, and Ramon sent out Suicune, Lugia and Ho-Oh.
“Lugia, Ho-Oh, do anything to stop Groudons advance.” Ramon commanded “Suicune, use ice beam and icy wind combo to freeze the lava!” Meanwhile Ash and Birch were successful in freezing the ice, and the headed down to Ramon. Although Lance, Esuine, and Willam were having no luck keeping Kygore away from land, Kygore had already advanced almost halfway to Lilycove City, in a matter of 10 minutes.
There was now an all out assault on Groudon who had ripped his way to Fortree City, which is also about half the way to Lilycove City.
“Tyranitar, Golem, Metagross! Earthquake! Latias, Latios, Suicune! Ice Beam! Lugia, Ho-Oh, Salamence! Sky Attack! Raioku, Entei! Quick Attack! Regirock, Registeel, Regice! Rock Throw!” All of them barked their orders. This time Groudon fell to his knees.
“We may have worn him down!” shouted Ramon. But Groudon got right back up, and continued his path of destruction, it seemed nothing could stop him….

“No, No!” Ramon said, “we’ve made it, this is Lilycove City.” In the distance they saw the other 3 fighting Kygore.
“Retreat!” Ramon yelled to them “just let them meet”
“WHAT!” shouted Lance “WE ARE GIVING UP?!” They flew over and landed in front of Ash, Ramon, and Birch.
“Yes, as you’ve seen” Ramon said, “they are unstoppable.”
“And Why?” Lance questioned.
“It’s Simple,” continued Ramon “did you witness a faint glow around them?”
“As a matter of fact, yes we did” answered Esuine “but we didn’t know it had any significance.”
“Well, it does,” said Ramon “they want to get to each other so bad, the protected each other.”
“WHAT?” everyone except Ramon yelled.
“Even thought they want to destroy each other, the made a shield for each other until the could meet” Devon said “notice now the shield has faded.”
“I makes perfect sense now” said Ash.
“That’s why you’re the legend expert!” said Prof. Birch.
“So now there open to attack” said Ramon “However, I want to see how they handle the land disadvantage, like beasts or intellectuals? So for now we watch….”

They stared each other in the eyes, sizing one another up. They looked at each other for the first time in their lifetimes. Eons and eons had passed and they had waited, had craved, for this moment. The one moment when they could unleash their destruction on each other, and worse, on the world.

One thing still stood in the way of the two beasts, Houen itself. Groudon could not go into the water, and Kygore could not travel onto the land… As long as Hoenn was there neither could win. You see they were both too arrogant to defeat each other easily; they both wanted a fair fight. Groudon could have easily dried up the water where Kygoe was, and Kygore could have flooded the land where Groudon stood. But neither wanted it to end that way. They wanted to prove just how strong they were even if it meant waiting another eon.
Ash, Ramon, and the rest waited.
“Is anything ever going to happen?” questioned Ash.
“They are trying to form a plan to battle each other,” answered Ramon. At that moment Groudon backed up, shaking the ground.
“Is he backing down?” Brock asked.
“No, never, Groudon wouldn’t back down,” Ramon said, “From what I’ve seen so far I don’t think so.” And Ramon was right because at that moment Kygore unleashed his Ice Beam attack, but not at Groudon, but at the water. It froze and became solid.
“Good God,” shouted Ramon, “The Armageddon is upon us!” Then it was all to clear too Ash what had happened. Goudon would be able to fight on this because it is solid, but the surface is also part liquid so Kygore can also fight on it too. Each one traveled to the center and got ready to battle. Then all of a sudden they froze in place.
“Look there!” shouted Hakura.
“Mew and Celebi, but it can’t be!” exclaimed Ash. But it was Mew and Celebi were using their psychic powers to hold them in place.
“Hurry Ash!” said Ramon, “They are growing weak, Groudon and Kygore are to big to hold for long, we have to interfere, use your pokemon!”
“But they are weak” Ramon threw Ash and the others Hyper Potions and they used them immediately. The battle was now 2 on 30. The odds were in their favor, they hoped.

For hours utter chaos reined, the same process over and over, the pokemon would attack, faint, heal, and start over again.
“We have greatly weakened them!” said Ramon amidst the fighting.
“Can we retreat?” asked Ash.
“No!” Ramon said, “we must continue.”
10 minutes later, Groudon grew old of the games. He unleashed the most lethal attack ever witnessed, Eruption. It whipped out all the pokemon.
“We need more revives!” shouted Lance.
“I’m all out...” replied Ramon, who was trembling. Groudon took a step forward, and Kygore floated on top of his makeshift platform. The started to glow bright red and blue. They now stared down each other, and a high-pitched roar ripped threw the air. It wasn’t Groudon or Kygore, but it scared even them.
“It does exist!” yelled Ramon.
“What?” they asked simultaneously.
“The O-Zone pokemon, Rayquaza” explained Ramon “remember when the volcano exploded? Well the ash must be irritating Rayquaza, this may be a warning of worse days to come. However, I will deal with that another day. Now my focus is on the begging of the end.”

They obviously heard the noise also, but kept their focus on each other. Groudon was looking up distracted, so Kygore hit him with an ice beam to get his attention, Groudon, angered by this, used earthquake. The platform shook and some of the ice broke apart. Kygore then responded with surf, but Groudon used an advanced form of sunny day, and surf totally evaporated. The titans both then used body slam, and it felt as it the world shook. (Ash’s mother claims she even felt it) Groudon then shot a hyper beam but Kygore dodged, and Kygore tried a water gun but Groudon averted it. Kygore then noticed the trainers watching him, as he was distracted Groudon used rock slide to pummel Kygore, then thing got out of hand, in the next twenty minutes no one knows exactly what happened, yet clouds of water and dust surrounded the battlefield making watching the battle a difficult task. Eventually though the dust faded and the water calmed and Groudon and Kygore remained motionless.
They realized they had fought to a stalemate.
Ramon approached them.
“Stop this!” he shouted, “It has become apparent that you are both each others equals, and this fighting has to stop!”
They paid no attention and bashed at each other one final time with terrible might. The land of Houen itself shook. They looked each other in the eyes and realized that the time had come to end this. Then they both unleashed their most devastating moves. Gorudon used his Eruption attack and Kygore used his Hydro Pump attack. There was a gigantic blast and an earsplitting siren-like noise and when the dust cleared neither Groudon nor Kygore could be seen. When Ash, Hakura, and Brock finally came to their senses they realized that Lugia had protected them with a psychic barrier. They also realized that Ramon had been killed…

Ash approached Eusine and the other trainers and professors, “Ramon saved Hoenn,” he said “ but also perished while completing the task.”
“No!” shouted Eusine “you don’t know like I do, he can’t, he just can’t….”
“Well its time for us to leave” said Ash solemnly.
“Wait! Before you leave take this,” Steven presented Ash with a Heat Badge “This is Lavaridge Town’s badge, Flannery said you deserve it for saving her town, you are also receiving it for your bravery today.”
“Thank you,” said Ash.
“No, thank you,” replied Steven. Ash said his goodbyes and started on his way.
As they walked away something, someone, someone inside him told him to turn around. He did so and saw a masterball on the ground where it had not been seconds before. There was a note attached it read, simply, ASH.
“What do you think is inside?” asked Hakura.
“Open it, it has your name on it,” said Brock.
So Ash did just that. When the pokemon was fully out it seemed Ramon had left a little bit of evil for Ash to deal with. It turns out he now owns a pokemon he formally despised with extreme hatred. Ash now owned a Mewtwo.
“Hello,” said Ash in a cold voice.
“Hello…” Mewtwo responded in a voice as cold as ice “ You wonder what saved you and what destroyed Kygore and Groudon? Well, that would be me. Ramon’s last wish was for you and I to cooperate and coexist with each other, lets get one thing straight now Ash, I don’t like you, at all.”

How'd You Like it? Questions? Comments? Dare I Say Compliments?
there are 2 sequals being set up as you can see.....
If i can wrtie them faster to.....

------m2r