PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap This Is A Strong Card

SWAMPERT1
19th July 2003, 12:26 PM
i was lookin a t the third series of ex r/s and i fond this beauty DRAGONITE EX!!!!! take a look its strong. i got it from serebiis site.
http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/ADV3/038-dragonite-ex.jpg

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 01:44 PM
I just looked at the link and can't read Japanese. Just because it can do high damage, doesn't mean that it's all that strong. Maybe one or both of the attacks has a major drawback. If you can provide a translation, maybe we can tell you how good it is.

SWAMPERT1
19th July 2003, 04:46 PM
look at its hp though its 150HP:o

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 04:49 PM
Oh my gosh! I didn't even notice that the first time. Cards have just reached a new height in HP! Though, I still think there is some major drawback on the card, because it looks too good to be true.

Zombie
19th July 2003, 05:41 PM
The next two sets have a few EX cards with 150 HP, Aggron & Kingdra plus more.

Also interesting is some of them have 2 resistances or weaknesses.

I havnt seen any translations however since Edo has stopped updating his pokemon section.

SWAMPERT1
19th July 2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
Oh my gosh! I didn't even notice that the first time. Cards have just reached a new height in HP! Though, I still think there is some major drawback on the card, because it looks too good to be true. i agree it MUST have draw backs

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know Japanese? I want to know what that card says. I think, but could be wrong, that Roarkiller once translated some cards for Pokémon Zeo. Maybe he'll be able to translate it.

The next two sets have a few EX cards with 150 HP, Aggron & Kingdra plus more. Also interesting is some of them have 2 resistances or weaknesses.
Yes, you are correct. Pokemon Aaah has reported that in the past. Maybe they have the translations. I'll head on over there and post the Dragonite card if they've got it. Bye bye.

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 06:27 PM
Ooooh. Found it. Here are the statistics:

DRAGONITE-ex [150 HP]
[POWER] Calling
As often as you'd like during your turn (before you attack), you may choose 1 Energy card attached to 1 of your Pokemon and move it to Dragonite-ex. This power can't be used if Dragonite-ex is affected by a Special Condition.
[WL] Dragon Wave (70)
Discard 1 Water and Lightning Energy attached to Dragonite or this attack does nothing.
[CCCC] Ruin (120)
Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.
WEAKNESS: COLORLESS
RESISTANCE: GRASS/FIGHTING
RETREAT: CC
38/54 Ultra-Rare #304 [Ryo Ueda]

Oh my gosh, it is a completely jipped card. It has very little drawbacks. I wonder how many people are going to use it when it comes out. Nintendo might make it less powerful, otherwise, it will kill everyone.

Dark-San
19th July 2003, 07:33 PM
Advantage: This prove that size does matters! 150 Hp I doubt not any ordinary card can deal with it lolz

Disadvantage: 1st attack needs two types of energy to attack~ Crap!
2nd attack needs luck~ -_-"
Weakness: Colorless? <--- Clefable will be having a jolly good time lmao

Overall rating: 2/10 *Standard*
6/10 *Modified*

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 07:53 PM
I would think that people would use the second attack more than the first. After all, 120 damage for a heads. Is it just me, or are the EX Ruby and Sapphire ex cards just like any other card. It seems that the ex cards from this Japanese set are more like ex cards. Very powerful.

Dark-San
19th July 2003, 08:10 PM
This card will probably be more usable in MMMF than standard!

If you had read my earlier post, you will know that Jungle Clefable will certainly pwned this card in Standard.

*Edit Wrong spelling

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 08:13 PM
I already read your earlier post. Why did you get all offensive? Did I say something wrong?

Zombie
19th July 2003, 08:24 PM
The first attack isnt bad at all. Attach an energy and then use its power to get the other energy it needs. It can be powered up every turn. The second attack requires a flip, therefore it would be more of a use only if needed thing.

Mikey
19th July 2003, 10:51 PM
Bah, this card doesn't have the highest HP at all. I believe there is a Wailord Ex that has 200 HP. Anyways

HP is good, but with the new Ex sets, all cards have great skills that could take it out easily. Look at Pelipper, its the best card I have ever seen.

First attack is blah. @ different energy makes it only good in water/electric deck. Pokemon power helps though

Second attack is good. Power can get it the energy then it just goes haywire flipping coins.

It's an ok card, not the best.

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 11:16 PM
If there is a Wailord with 200 HP, I shall find it! When I do, I'll post it here and we can review it, just like the Dragonite.

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 11:22 PM
Mikey, you were right, except the Wailord is from ADV 2, not ADV 3.

Wailord EX [200 HP] (Stage 1 Water Pokemon)
[C] Depth's Accomplice (0 Damage) Remove 3 damage counters from Wailord EX. Then switch Wailord EX with a Pokemon on your Bench. (If you have no Benched Pokemon, you can't use this attack.)
[WWWC] Pulling Tide (100- Damage)
This attack does 100 damage minus 10 damage for each damage counter on Wailord EX.

WEAKNESS: Grass / Lightning
RETREAT: CCCCC
21/53 Ultra-Rare #100 [Ryo Ueda]

I guess it's last attack is pretty decent. The first one is okay, if you want to retreat and get healed.
As I said before, (probably in another topic) these are starting to look like EX cards. The ones from Ruby and Sapphire aren't very powerful, in my opinion.

EDIT: I have looked at the EX Pokémon from ADV 2 and 3. It seems that most of the EX cards go over the 120 HP limit. Most have 150 or 160 HP, and Wailord has 200 HP. I think that it is know worth it for the 2 prize rule for the EX Pokémon from ADV 2 and 3, but definately not EX Ruby and Sapphire (ADV 1). I know what EX Pokémon I am going to put in my water deck!

Roarkiller
20th July 2003, 03:41 AM
Shouldve been online yesterday. Yeah, i did translate a few cards for Zeo once, but thats cuz i was so free that time, and they couldnt get trans from their personal translator. In any case, i suck at translating.

If its an EX pkmn, then i'll understand the high HP. But either way, the attack cost is still one thing to consider. Dragonite, for example, isnt that much different from Lugia. And Wailord needs to be in reasonable health to actually be able to do any damage at all. Come one, u pit Wailmer against Wailmer, one of them is gonna cry by turn 2 minimum.

IMO best strategy, if ur gonna pack these guyz, is to include switches, since one of Nintendo's new rule states that u can only retreat once per turn. Lots of fast- stressing on the word FAST- pkmn, like ebuzz, not jungle scyther, is HIGHLY recommended. And one card u should NEVER forget is scoop up, cuz damn if u even think about allowing ur opp take 2 prizes.

Kool Dudy
20th July 2003, 11:08 AM
If they made Snorlax EX, it should have a lot of HP. Probably more than Wailord since Snorlax has the highest HP in the game.

Roarkiller
21st July 2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Kool Dudy
If they made Snorlax EX, it should have a lot of HP. Probably more than Wailord since Snorlax has the highest HP in the game.

Actually, Blissey has the highest, followed by Chansey. The same goes for the GB games. Hell, my chansey's HP was 700++, and that was juz by feeding steroids, not training. Imagine if i had trained it up properly. Better yet, imagine if i had evolved chansey into blissey at lv6. Lol, gotta reach 900+. Now if thats not high, i dunno what is.

Dark-San
21st July 2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
I already read your earlier post. Why did you get all offensive? Did I say something wrong?

Hav I gone too far? I dun think so just making my statement clear ;P

I'm apologised if you hav mistaken!