PDA

View Full Version : Megaman Battle Network Three

Kojiro
19th July 2003, 04:11 PM
Discuss it in here.

Ok so I got ti and I need to know where to get some good chips early on in the game before you fihgt Bublleman.

PNT510
19th July 2003, 11:27 PM
I got the game the day it came out, although I haven't played it much cause I dont have any batteries for my GBA.

Pokemaster Ash
19th July 2003, 11:39 PM
Trust me, you'll find Bubble Man.EXE very annoying...

For starters, you might want to pick up some ZapRing1s and some Cannons (big hint: Cannon A, B, and C together = something useful. Same for B, C, D and C, D, E). Also to help a little, you might want to pick up a FlashMan chip (to do this, you must fight Flash Man.EXE V2 (greek letter alpha seen on the name), who is hiding in ACDC Area 3 in a dead end near the warp to ACDC Square.

Word of warning, anything close-range will be useless against Bubble Man.EXE. He hides in the back row. Also be sure to pay attention to the bubbles that appear from his side of the field. As for the rock...nail it with Shotguns and V-Guns when possible (and when Bubble Man will be hit by it). You most likely won't be able to destroy it.

One more thing. If you plan to use Roll and GutsMan/GutsMan V2, make sure you can hit him. Do not use GutsMan chips if he's behind the hole on his side of the field. If he's on the bottom or behind the rock, go ahead. As for Roll, you must make sure nothing is in front of Bubble Man. This pretty much means you can only use it when he's on the bottom row (which sucks as Roll used to be able to travel through objects to attack enemies in BN1 and BN2).

Beach Boy
24th August 2003, 03:25 PM
I got this game at least two weeks ago and I need help to find Iceball M for Lan's new friend, who has the same heart problem as Hub. I need help to find the Iceball M chip to him give hope in his next operation that might save him, I heard the chip is super rare and it could be found on Hades` Isle, is this ture? And I can I put out som tips for tough Net Navis like KingMan or DesertMan here? And is that "Sever Kid" from the the 2nd game is going to appear on this game? He seemed like a good character in the last game, Like Shadow in the SA2B.

Pokemaster Ash
31st August 2003, 10:50 PM
Shun Obihiro (aka Shuryou Gospel, leader of the Gospel Mafia) has a couple of cameos in the game. Pretty much just a couple of quick scenes.

For IceBall M, it IS in Hades Area. However to make life tons easier on yourself, buy the Fish block (I believe you buy it from someone in BeachSquare, if not then YokaSquare). Equip that and jack in. You should find nothing but ColdHeads (I think). If you have a FlashMan chip, it'll make life even better. I suggest you not only get one for Mamoru, but get a couple for yourself while you're there. Also get a LOT of Heat-Type chips (it HeatShot, Heat-V, HeatSide, etc.). And I mean a lot. Trust me, you'll need them for what's to come...

...Um, do you need help with Desert Man and King Man or are you giving help? (Not that I need it.)

For clarification: the Fish program attracts Aqua-Type enemies (viruses and Navis, though I wouldn't use it to hunt Bubble Man). If there are any Aqua enemies in an area, you fight only them (and whatever else accompanies them). Same with OilBody and Heat enemies, Battery and Elec ones, and Jungle and Wood ones.

I'll do a post on translation errors later...

Razola
31st August 2003, 11:00 PM
I played 1 and 2, both of which were better than expected. I'm not sure about 3 though. Is it good enough to warrant a purchase? And which version do you guys perfer?

Pokemaster Ash
31st August 2003, 11:14 PM
Mega Man Battle Network 3 is very good, though annoying at times. You definitely get a nice challenge. I'd go for it if I didn't already have the game (both versions, no less).

To really enjoy the game, you need both versions. If you can't get both at the moment, get the Blue version. The main differences between the two...

Blue has Punk.EXE. White does not.
Blue has Bowl Man.EXE. White has Mist Man.EXE*
Blue has FolderBack (folder recharge). White has NaviRecycle (reuse last Navi)
Blue has Shadow styles. White has Ground styles.
*-Mist Man.EXE SP and Bowl Man.EXE SP are both present in both versions.

There are a couple of minor differences too, but you won't notice them. You really need both versions in order to get all of the Navi chips (since MistMan V1-V4 and BowlMan V1-V4 are version specific).

Warp O
3rd September 2003, 08:04 PM
I really like a lot. Right now I'm earning my ranks in the Undernet. I find it mad fun and addicting. And it can get very annoying at times.

Anyways...does anyone have the locations for where I can find all of the bosses I previously defeated so I can go kick their butts again and get their chips?

Pokemaster Ash
3rd September 2003, 11:04 PM
Well here are the ones you have to go and look for (ie the ones that appear on the Net and appear without warning)

V2 Navis
Flash Man.EXE - ACDC 3, in the dead end near the warp to ACDC Square
Beast Man.EXE - Lower SciLab 1, in a dead end near the entrance
Bubble Man.EXE - Yoka 1, in a dead end near the NetDealer (need Press)
Desert Man.EXE - Beach 1, on the platform next to the warp to Hospital 2
Plant Man.EXE - Undernet 4, in a dead end near a teleporter on the right side of the area
Flame Man.EXE - Undernet 5, dead end near the moving walkway that allows you to get back to the warp to UndernetSquare
Drill Man.EXE - Undernet 6, right behind the NetDealer
Dark Man.EXE - Secret Area 1, a dead end on the path leading from the monolith
Yamato Man.EXE - Secret Area 2, behind the NetDealer

V3 Navis
Flash Man.EXE - ACDC 2
Beast Man.EXE - Lan's Doghouse (SneakRun needed)
Bubble Man.EXE - Beach 1 (need HP at critical)
Desert Man.EXE - Ura Inn TV (the one you can jack into, obviously)
Plant Man.EXE - Hospital 3
Flame Man.EXE - Yoka 1 (OilBody suggested)
Drill Man.EXE - Hades Area (SneakRun suggested)
Dark Man.EXE - Undernet 6 (need Mega Man to be bugged (not in a Bug style, just bugged))
Yamato Man.EXE - Ura Inn Armor (Sneak Run suggested)

Warp O
8th September 2003, 05:15 PM
Thanks a ton...now i gotta go do it.