PDA

View Full Version : E-cards

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2003, 06:49 PM
All right, as most of you should know, the e-cards have lines of code on their sides. I have been wondering, is the information for each card already stored in the e-reader, and the codes unlock them? Or, does the e-reader read the dot codes and convert them into pictures and the sort. If this is how it works, how on earth do they use all those little dots to make a game, do they have something that converts games into the little dots? If not, and the cards unlock stuff, could there be future sets on the e-reader already stored? If you may remember, the e-reader came out before the ruby and sapphire Pokémon, and when you scan the ex ruby and sapphire cards, they bring up info on the new Pokémon. So, if the cards just unlock stuff, could future Pokémon already be in there? So what do you think? Is the information already stored in the e-reader and the cards just unlock it? Or does the e-reader read the cards and converts them into pictures and other stuff?

Roarkiller
20th July 2003, 03:26 AM
There is NO WAY at all for the e-reader to store THAT much data. I mean c'mon, its used to read literally thousands of different cards. And the e-reader is so small. How exactly do u expect it to store the info of so many cards? Not to mention FUTURE cards as well. Even if it could store that much data, i dont think Nintendo is so kind as to sell it at such a low price.

Its more than possible to store data in those dots. How do u think ATM cards work? Its more or less the same principle. In any case, the total memory of those 'dots' is no more than a few bytes anyway, at most 5kb, tho i doubt its that much.

So yeah, theres ur answer. But u know, i believe some sites (dunno bout the official one) already has articles from Nintendo on how the dot-matrix work.