PDA

View Full Version : Poll: When you were little what did you want to be?

firepokemon
20th July 2003, 09:07 PM
Like you know when you're like five you had this dream to be something, what was it?

I wanted to be a doctor, since I knew they got paid a fair bit, and tv made it look so easy.

Jay
20th July 2003, 09:13 PM
Originally I had a dream to be a teacher. As years went on I had dreams to be a webpage designer, but I soon realized, though it was a very cool job, wasn't the right one. I went to teach at my old primary school for work experience and just enhanced it.

I've sort of had the same dream all my life, but only a few years I was lingering between two choices.

Angel Blossom
20th July 2003, 09:21 PM
Lol, I also wanted to be a veterinarian for horses when I was younger. I loved horses more than anything back then. I just thought it would be fun to work with them, since they're so much fun to be around. I also knew they were paid well, and that made me want to be a horse vet even more, lol.

And, actually, I still want to be a vet that specializes in horses. ^.^
.. yes, there ARE vets that specialize in just one animal, you know. XP

Katie
20th July 2003, 11:46 PM
hehe I wanted to be a ballerina. like most 3 year old girls ^^ then I wanted to work with the dolphins and whales at sea world for the longest time. like from first grade until around sixth oO;; now I wanna be in the navy. not sure exactly what, but something >_>

~Katie

Crystal Mew
21st July 2003, 01:38 AM
I always wanted to be a vet..until recently, when I started watching Emergency Vets o_>; I see what many vets go through, putting animals to sleep? I don't think I could handle that :no:
Then I wanted to be an actress...well, before the vet,lol. I gave that fream up LONG ago :)

Jay Umbreon
21st July 2003, 02:34 AM
I wanted to be a professional footballer (of the English kind) all while I was little (well around 5.6.7.8) until I realised that I had to actually be in like all the youth academy's etc and I wasn't. even so, at that young age I was convinced that I'd be one :( and of course, I was never going to be a professional.

Now, I wanna work with criminal databases and the control center of the police force. GO GO GO!

~Jay

*Murkrow
21st July 2003, 10:31 AM
Heh, all my life I've wanted to be a vet, although I changed my mind a few years ago and wanted to be an eventer(horses) while I was mad about riding but after I quit I went back to wanting to be a vet.
Now I still want to work with animals, but not be a vet, I want to be a zoologist/animal pyschologist^_^

Tyler and Hobbes
21st July 2003, 11:28 AM
I wanted to be a cartoonist for the longist time. Then I wanted to be a comic book artist. Then a writer, then a director, then back to a writer. I still do O_o

Yukitsukai
21st July 2003, 02:05 PM
I always wanted to be a teacher from the time I was 5 up until I was 8, then I wanted to be a meterologist (I memorized how to spell it . .; ) then a singer, then in the army, and now a singer again . .; But I might join the army...

squirtlemaster
21st July 2003, 03:41 PM
I always wanted to be a neurosurgeon or an opthalmologist. I'm 15 atm so yea, still working towards those goals. I better do well this year in AS and well in A levels next year or else i'm kinda screwed O_O

Real One Barunson
21st July 2003, 05:06 PM
A truck driver lol. But that has really changed lol

Mikey
21st July 2003, 05:58 PM
When I was young I always wanted to be a Palientologist for some reason. Maybe it had to do with my fascination for dinosaurs. Boy I was a moron..:confused:

en0miz
21st July 2003, 05:59 PM
Like many other posters in this thread, I also wanted to be a vet' (since I was in 2nd grade). And I still do actually. :D I volunteered at a Cat and Dog hospital last year, and found out that it wasn't all "give kitty medicine, pet kitty, give back to owner", lol. Most of the animals were irritable, some of them smelled real bad, and I once saw one of the doctors set a cat's broken leg... it wasn't pretty. :\ But yeah, I really want to be veterinarian, and one that specializes in cats and dogs or small animals (rodents). :wave:

Real One Barunson
21st July 2003, 08:42 PM
Isn't it funny how some kids want to be an archeologist, but there won't be anything left to dig up in the future! lolololololololol

KaptainSarcasm
21st July 2003, 09:53 PM
For some reason, the earliest dream I remember having was to go to jail. For some reason, I always wanted to wind up in prison. *Shrug*

After that I wanted to own a pet store, then I wanted to be a pilot. Now I want to be a voice actress.

Co1
21st July 2003, 10:48 PM
I wanted to play hockey in the NHL, for the Oilers of course..

Now, I plan on joining the Royal Canadian Navy in 6 years or so when I'm done all my school. I'm actually applying for the Royal Canadian Naval Reserve this fall, or before then :)

Matt
21st July 2003, 11:02 PM
I've always wanted to be a doctor since about 5 years ago. I forgot why I started to want to be one >>. Hopefully I will achieve my goal to be one :). That's why I'm struggling through latin right now >>. Well there you have it :)

Gengachu
22nd July 2003, 09:19 AM
When I was little I didn't realize I would have to do something eventually. Then when I got an NES, I wanted to make videogames. I still do, but I doubt if I'll be able to.

Pichu
22nd July 2003, 10:49 AM
A kick @$$ super hero piloting a gundam @_@;;

Just kidding. :)

I wanted to be either a police man, doctor, or fireman.

according to my "body build", I'm not as tough as a police man and a fireman, as stated by my father in those years, and he short of pushed me to become a doctor. Actually, he (my father) wanted to become a doctor but my grandpa won't let him. >_> Although I'm already in like 3rd year in biochem... it seems that I won't get to my perfect dream of being a doc, anyways. (Not enuf marks). =\

I now kinda think that if I chose business or chose my mom's way of being a senior computer programmer would be better off. :rolleyes:

dratinihaunter13
22nd July 2003, 11:28 AM
Truck driver. =) Trucks were so big and bad@$$, and I guess they still are but my goals are...well... i decided to take a different path *avoids offending any truckees with unmatched skill and subtlety*

YES!

Kireihana52
23rd July 2003, 12:35 AM
When I was little, I wanted to be the first person on Venus. O_o;;; Then I wanted to be a dolphin trainer. I was so frickin' obsessed with the ocean, water, and seahorses back then, I can't even tell you. I also wanted to be a singer like LeAnn Rhymes (Kill me now!), but I never told anyone because I was extremely shy and NEVER sang, and I knew if I told them that, they would try to get me to sing in front of them. @_@;

Now, I want to be in a punk rock/metal/grunge band of some sort, as lead singer and guitarist, probably with two guys. I'd really like that. I'd be able to combine two things I love, poetry and music, get to be with friends, and I could wear whatever the hell I want. So, yeah, that's perfect. And yes, I DO realize I sound pathetic. =P *hopelessly scribbles down more lyrics* ;o

~Bethany