PDA

View Full Version : Mist's Elimination Station

Andrew
21st July 2003, 02:10 AM
Well Mist may be still Jetsetting but doesn't mean we won't have a place for her when she gets back! But in the meantime, I'll pretend to be her.. kinda... ok...

*Sits on big lounge*

Say hello to our first eliminated contestant of the Mod Contest - Conspiricy of One! He was eliminated through giving up voluntarily!

Sorry to see you go so soon, but, would you mind answering the 10 Big Questions before you go?

1) Biggest Regret?
2) Best Challenge
3) Worst Challenge
4) Who do you want to win
5) Who do you think will win
6) Who do you think will be eliminated next
7) Who would you least like to win and why
8) Person who didn't apply but should win
9) Did you enjoy the experience
10) Would you do it again?!

Well please answer these Q's and if anyone wants to say some kind parting words, feel free to do so! I'm Oz, standing in for Mist, peace out!

The Decapitated Mole
25th August 2003, 08:14 AM
Well, now I answer the questions.

1) Biggest Regret?
Not trying my hardest on the last elimination challenge.

2) Best Challenge
I dunno... Probably the one where we had to judge what we would do in certain circumstances.

3) Worst Challenge
The one I was eliminated on! :P but really that one, because I don't think that how you moderate is related to how well you write.

Well, since I'm out, I would have to say Captain Pringle.

I really have no idea.

Once again, I really can't tell...

I have nothing against any of the contestants. Whoever wins will deserve it and that is that.

Mewf0ur

Yes, it was fun while it lasted.

Sure, why not? I got nothing better to do, and it'd be neat to be a fanfic mod.

Glad to have made it this far
o_0
jimm

mr_pikachu
3rd September 2003, 05:26 PM
Erm... *cry cry cry* Well... I didn't think I'd be eliminated so soon, but I figured if I was eliminated early, it'd be in the spam challenge, since I posted many times on the Mod Contest thread... Well, I guess it had to happen eventually. Although I'm frustrated that I had to go so soon, I will go ahead and answer your questions.

1. Biggest Regret?

Sending in so many replies to the Mod Contest thread. Somehow, I knew getting into the competition would come back to haunt me...

2. Best Challenge

Probably the ones where you had to review fics in some form or another. After all, this is the Fanfic forum, so in order to be an adequate mod here, you've got to know a thing or two about fanfics. Also, I thought I did a better job on these than some of the others...

3. Worst Challenge

Hmm... tough choice. All of the challenges were, in my opinion, worthy of being submitted to the competitors. I guess the spam challenge, although the only reason is because I felt that I worked hard and did a great job on my answer, but was severely penalized for being enthusiastic about the contest. Not to mention the fact that it was shortly after I had just gotten a warning from Oz on the thread, which probably penalized me further. In fact, one of the main topics on my submission was the fact that someone has to get a warning or something to know that they're spamming, and to know that they need to taper it down a bit.

4. Who do you want to win

I'd have to go with Captain Pringle. I'm pretty sure he's been here longer than any of the other remaining contestants, and he's written many fics, almost all of them well known around the forum, whether they are new or old. I'd have to go with him.

5. Who do you think will win

Either Captain Pringle or Craig. Craig, like the Captain, is very good at saying what he wants to in his posts; however I think Captain Pringle has the edge on overall fic knowledge and experience. On the other hand, I've only ever seen one of Craig's fics, and that was discontinued along with the Lapras Valley High series (it should be pretty obvious now that the fic I'm talking about was the LVH spinoff). He's yet to produce his next fic, Blood Feud, but I look forward to it.

6. Who do you think will be eliminated next

I'd have to say IloveX-TINA. He spends most of his time evaluating "newbie fics", which doesn't really show that he is good at evaluating the best fics on the forum. Also, he seems to have trouble in his posts with spelling, punctuation, and grammar. This could just be because he is rushing, but it doesn't portray the best image of his knowledge of writing.

7. Who would you least like to win and why

What, you think I'm gonna tick people off, when they might be modded? Uh-uh. I've got people I'd really like to win more than others, but I think any of them would make a reasonably good mod.

8. Person who didn't apply but should win

I'll tell you about two people who I think could beat most of the contestants remaining any day. Meet classy_cat18 and ZeldaFan20. They're both relatively new to the forum, but have you seen their writing? It's pristine! Beautiful! I've kept up with both of their works, and believe me, they have some very original ideas. They also have great personalities, which I think is important in a mod. They aren't the biggest repliers to the works of others, but I'm sure that if they were modded, they'd kick it up a notch. Either of them would be great at the job. Also, CCC and Gavin Luper would have been excellent, if theu hadn't quit early.

9. Did you enjoy the experience

I enjoyed it, up until today... :sad: But really, it was a good experience, and it showed me what I need to work on... not posting as much! (Geez, I thought actively participating in the forum was a plus...) Apparently, some of the mods don't like the fact that I'm on here every day and I enjoy replying, encouraging and giving advice... :o Actually, it's probably because some of my posts are apparently questionable as to whether they are spam or not. But that's an issue for another day.

10. Would you do it again?!

Most definitely. I love this forum, and becoming a mod would be just about the greatest thing I could think of happening to me right about now. I've got plenty of time to dedicate to the forum, and I believe that I could win the next Mod Challenge. I certainly hope there will be one in the future, because I'd be honored to try again. After all, what better way to enjoy the forum than to help run it?

EDIT: Mistake corrected. Thanks, TDM. (Though I wasn't aware Totodile Lover had been here that long, either...)

The Decapitated Mole
4th September 2003, 04:09 PM
I want to correct something in your little form answer thingy... ILove X-Tina. If I'm right [which I'm pretty sure I am] I Love X-Tina is actually Totodile Lover, and in that case, they've been here longer than you have, which means that ILXT is not new. Just thought I'd correct that, and you're lucky I did it nicely. I'm angry today. Damn skool.

o_0
jimm

mistysakura
5th September 2003, 01:51 AM
Actually, even totodilelover has only been around since 1-2-2003, whereas mr_pikachu has been here since 10-01-2002.

The Decapitated Mole
5th September 2003, 03:08 PM
Well.. I remember talking to a totodile lover via PM back when we still had the UBB, so... ya...

o_0
jimm

DannyBoy
5th September 2003, 05:31 PM
Ok, to clear this up, mistysakura I am sorry but I have been here longer. I been here since 6/15/2002, I know still not along timebut, I was Totodileluver. If you dont belive look in the profile, my old sn BiggyDmarino is in it. My name is Dan Marino and not a lot of people have that name except me and the football player and thats all I know of. I been reading in the fan fic ever since I got totodilelover. Ok, just wanted to clear that up for all of ya.

Edit: I will sometimes be on BiggyDmarino if some of you don't think its true.

DannyBoy
30th September 2003, 07:13 PM
Well, Mr.Pika you got ur wish lol! I have no hard feelings or sad about any of this. Lately I haven't been here and school has kept me away but hey its all good. I will admitt its a little sad cause I thought I would do good and im pretty active and try but Its my time now to talk and answer the questons!

1. Biggest Regret?

Ya know, I dont have any. I tried and I didn't act different, I didnt suck up, and I just was me and did what I do and read and rate fics and I still will. But nope, none.

2. Best Challenge?

I would ahve to say the last one. I thought it was good because I got to read a fic that I probably wouldn't have read but then I was asigned to it and I relized that it was a good story.

3.Worst Challenge?

I think they were all good, I did not have a problom with any.

4.Who do you want to win??

Definitally Captain Pringle!!! If he don't win I dont know what to say. I think he definitally deserves it out of all of the remaning people.

5. Who do you think will win?

I am going with CP on this! He better win! But yea, he deserves it the most.

6. I dont really know, but I know that some are really not active or reply or even read any of the fics. except one or two and then they have there own. But if I would have to choose, I would say Craig because he really isn't there.

7. Who would you least like to win?

I will be onest and say Cyndaquil7 because he had a story that I thought was good and he stopped and he doesnt read or reply to anything so I think it will be him.

8.Person who didn't reply and should win?

I really dont know, but If I had to say it would be Zeldafan because he seems really cool and popular and I think he would do good.

9. Did you enjoy the exp.?

I did, it was fun and different. It kept me busy during the summer and up to now. Even thought I think some people went to far and was a lil suck up to the mods and shouldn't have been doing it. But yea it was fun!

10. Would you do it again?

Hell yea! It was fun and maybe I will get further if there is another one.

Well, I got to talk and good luck and GO CP!! ~~~See ya all later!

mr_pikachu
2nd October 2003, 07:23 PM
Hey, just to clear something up - I didn't WANT you to lose, IloveX-Tina! If the mods thought you were the best candidate for the position and had modded you, I would have had no qualms whatsoever with it. I just predicted from my observations that you would be the next. Heck, I wish no one had to be eliminated, 'cause I love everyone here. :D But that's the nature of the game. Anyway, good luck to the final five (is that right?) competitors! I'm sure you will all fight valiantly and honorably for this position! May the best candidate win! :yes:

Dragon_Claw
3rd October 2003, 01:43 PM
1) My biggest regret is that the contest couldn't have a pause. Unfortunately I went on vacation so I had to get eliminated.
2) I don't know. I went after the second or first challenge
3) Same as above
4) I hope somebody who is fair
5) I don't know who's still left.
6) Same as above
7) Same as the two above this one
8) Brit Chris, most def
9) Yes, altough it's a shame that it was based more on luck.
10) Sure, I'm almost positive I will one day get to be admin of this forum. Altough there are much better then me

Cyndaquil7
8th October 2003, 05:56 PM
1. Just thinking my short leave of absense most likely made me get eliminated, so there we go.

2. LOL the starters one, couldn't of been a better challenge =).

3. Just read my number 2's sarcasm

4. CP

5. CP

6. Anybody but CP

7. Nobody, just not CP

8. Brit Chris

9. Uhuh

10. Uhuh

Craig
8th October 2003, 08:09 PM
1) Biggest Regret?

Not spending enough time on my last challenge :)

2) Best Challenge

the fanfic review challenge! I wouldn't have ever read the fic..hehe

3) Worst Challenge

I don't really know, I can't remember them very much :o

Captain Pringle :)

.. Captain Pringle!

*picks from a hat* DragoKnight

Dragoknight, as he makes dictionary things in his sigs while being very amusing ...argh.. I don't really know.

Little_Pikachu. I support her.

Yea, always the few seconds before the elimination results were up to see if I was eliminated or not :)

Maybe not, give others a chance.