PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Phantom of the Pokédex: MissingNo.

Charles Legend
21st July 2003, 02:28 AM
what is MissingNo.'s TM/hm list dose anyone know ?
not that I am traing one I was just wondering thats all....

Ah ok I amite it it's for my Pokémon fan site, that I am making.

SWAMPERT1
22nd July 2003, 10:59 AM
im not sure if it has one:confused: sorry for the inconvinionce:(

EDIT: missingno looks like a totem pole not a ghost. if you want a piccy ill get you one:o :confused: :D :yes: :wave:

Charles Legend
22nd July 2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1
im not sure if it has one:confused: sorry for the inconvinionce:(

EDIT: missingno looks like a totem pole not a ghost. if you want a piccy ill get you one:o :confused: :D :yes: :wave: for you info I I know that but it would have been to hard to get Re coolored so I used the closetes thing to MissingNo. that Ghost in Pokémon tower, look I say MissingNo. should have been a Ghost/poion like hunter instid of having a mesed up Pic, thats because no one tryed I know he can learn fly because I tought him thatans ended up having a Rydon with fly.....

RaZoR LeAf
22nd July 2003, 03:59 PM
Missingno isn't some kind of hidden pokemon, it' s a glitch. It's data that should have been confined but instead was left open and made it's awy into the game via a series of events.

Missingno has a messed up pic because it's an amalgamation of combined data. It's types are wrong because it's just mixed up data.

Charles Legend
23rd July 2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf
Missingno isn't some kind of hidden pokemon, it' s a glitch. It's data that should have been confined but instead was left open and made it's awy into the game via a series of events.

Missingno has a messed up pic because it's an amalgamation of combined data. It's types are wrong because it's just mixed up data. I know that but all I wan't to know has any one besides myself even tried to se what tms he could learn even thoght Missoing No. is a glitch. thats all

Charizard04621
23rd July 2003, 06:48 PM
You could always try using all your TMs on it. I don't think there's any list anywhere...

Bjarni Haraldur SigfĂşsson
24th July 2003, 11:03 AM
Where can I found this pokémon? :)

RaZoR LeAf
24th July 2003, 11:09 AM
It's not a pokemon it's a glitch. Encoutnering it duplicates items in the 6th spot of your item list and can cause the game to glitch and mess up. Seek it out at your own risk.

[list=1]
Have a pokemon with Fly and Surf in your party
Fly to Viridian City and talk to the man who shows you how to catch pokemon
Have him show you how to catch a wild weedle
Fly directly to Cinnibar Island
Surf up and down the coastline on the right hand side of the island. Part onland, part in water
Missingo will appear looking like a garbled totem pole
various lv 100+ pokemon may appear too based on your characters name
[/list=1]

InvisableKecleon
25th July 2003, 12:09 AM
I also heard if u give it a rare candy it evolves into Kangaskan. IS this true?

RaZoR LeAf
25th July 2003, 03:29 AM
If you raise it's level in any way it will evolve into Kagaskhan yes.

Tallest_Los
1st August 2003, 04:37 PM
When Missingno evolves into Kangaskhan, do its stats, type, and stats change to those of a Kangakhan? Also, once it's a Kangaskhan, is it a full-fledged Pokemon, or still considered a glitch?

MToolen
1st August 2003, 05:33 PM
On the original question, according to Pokémon Aaah!, Missingno. can learn these TM's and HM's:

TM01 - Mega Punch
TM02 - Razor Wind
TM03 - Swords Dance
TM05 - Mega Kick
TM06 - Toxic
TM09 - Takedown
TM11 - Bubblebeam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM20 - Rage
TM26 - Earthquake
TM30 - Teleport
TM43 - Sky Attack
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Thunderwave
TM49 - Tri Attacc
HM01 - Cut
HM02 - Fly

Missingno. itself, however, is not only a glitch, but a test of the system itself (i.e, battle manuvers, cries). However, Nintendo must've forgotten to leave Missingno out of the finished product.
Also, two (or more) Missingno variables have been found in Ruby/ Sapphire. More about that (and the rest of this) can be found here (http://www.fakecard.com/gameboy/missingno.shtml).

Lynx Wolverina
29th August 2003, 12:27 PM
my missingno cant learn anything but Fly
the others which are called M evolve in kanghaskhan and can learn those moves , and the rest of mine are Ponyta and Nidorina lvl 177 WIERD WIERD

dr._samurai
1st September 2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1

EDIT: missingno looks like a totem pole not a ghost. if you want a piccy ill get you one:o :confused: :D :yes: :wave:
he/she is not saying that missingno looks like a ghost he/she is just saying that it like a phantom to the pokedex. the phantom could be a totem pole. phantoms and ghosts are two different things.
also, does anyone know if the missingno's found in safari zone can erase your game even if you dont catch them. someone told me that once.

Poryhedron
5th September 2003, 04:34 PM
Okay, just to clear this up:

Missingno. do not evolve into Kangaskhan. Ever.

What will evolve is the even-more-glitched version with an M in its name; I and others refer to this glitch as "Block 'M Chip" because its name is a block made of two squares from your pokémon's back pic (or Ash when the battle first opens), followed by 'M, and then another block, this one two squares from the opponent. This block, of course, always looks the same whenever you meet one of these things; it looks kind of like a computer chip with all the lines. I assume the second block would change from a chip if you caught the glitch and sent it out against something else, but if you really feel like catching a glitch you're welcome to try it yourself.

These two glitches are more separate than some people realize. First, as previously mentioned, Block 'M Chip evolve into Kangaskhan at level 1 and up, whereas Missingno. do not evolve. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that their encounter levels are different. Block 'M Chip can be encountered at level 0 or level 80, while Missingno. will always be encountered at a level higher than 100. Both come with a Sky Attack and two Water Guns, but from Lynx Wolverina's testimony it seems that their TM compatibility is also different.

And as a final note, yes, both will duplicate item 6, so don't worry.

pokemasterfrank
6th September 2003, 02:14 AM
Also, <glitched sprite> M' <glitched sprite> will, if it stays in yoru party long enough (or something rather...its been a while :/), it may turn into a Rhydon, or other Pokemon. :o Rhydon with Sky Attack XD...or Fly XD

Silent Dragonfly
13th September 2003, 11:39 AM
MissingNo. could be one of many things. When i tried trading it to Gold it was a L5 Slowpoke, but it wouldn't allow the trade.