PDA

View Full Version : <explaining lemons>

A Grilled Fish
21st July 2003, 06:49 AM
explaining lemons

a grilled fish

a collection of short stories

lemons

The subject of these short stories is the plural form of lemon. Lemons are the only things that these short stories are about. If you want to read a collection of short stories that goes off of the subject that is the plural form of lemon than do not read this. I would have now inserted a clichéd remark, such as 'discontinue reading this for it is not important'. I would have. Only I noticed that the mark above the letter 'e' in clichéd looked pretty. Speaking of pretty, grilled fish are 'pretty tasty'. Fish swim in the sea. From the sea, water evaporates. The sun is the culprit in this process, and culprits are normally found in jail. Jailbird is a commonly used term for an inmate to a jail, although birds cost more than 5 cents. Speaking of clichéd and 5 cents, it is clichéd that lemonade stalls cost 5 cents for a glass of lemonade. To make lemonade, you of course, need lemons, which is the subject of this book. We will not go off the subject, will we? That is a rhetorical question, so refrain from answering it. Although, without a question you cannot have an answer. The contrapositive of that is that you cannot have a question without an answer; therefore, it is impossible to have a rhetorical question.

the restaurant

Lemons are tasty and sour. Then Mark decided to go to his favorite restaurant, the 'Crazy Nose.' They served free smell sticks with the food; for scientific studies had shown, what you taste has to do with what you smell. For example, if you were eating pizza, you would also receive a smell stick generating an Italian bread smell into the air. Mark ordered an orange juice. The orange juice glass was covered with the smell of fruit so whenever he drank he smelt the fruit. It maximized the taste. One of the fruits Mark smelled was a lemon, which I hope you do not forget, is the subject of this book if you convert to its plural form. Mark was a weird person. It always seemed like he wore a mask, but nobody could tell if it was his real face or not. No matter what the deal was with his face, he could still smell, and right now, he smelled lemons. He told the waiter that he smelled lemons and the waiter pulled out some Playdough® and ate it.

1.) What was the name of the bus driver who drove Cecilia home?
2.) When did Jane discover she could eat windshield wipers and still survive?
3.) Who stole the jewels from Edgar?
4.) Why are lemons sour?

Write your answers in the space provided below:
1)
2)
3)
4)

If you had studied the last paragraph well, you would know the answer to all these questions is the beginning letter of each sentence, or LTTFMTIOMINH, which backwards is HNIMOITMFTTL. If every other letter is taken away from that you get the letters HIOTFT NMIMTL which can be rearranged to spell HITOFT MINTLM. HITOFT MINTLM is not a word and neither is 'OPLEFERVUN' which has an 'o' in it. The word 'lemon' also has an 'o' in it, and the plural form of lemon is the subject of this story.

Mark asked the waiter what two plus two was. The waiter answered,

"In English general mathematics, the most common answer, which is accepted in public schools, the answer to the question of what two units added to two units is, is equal to is five units."

"Does he always lie?" Mark asked another waiter. "He lies when I tell the truth," said the waiter, and the first waiter said,

"That is true," and he walked away. The waiter that remained that claimed that the waiter that had walked away lied when he told the truth told Mark that he claimed that his name was 'Bob'. Mark said,

"Okay, Bob." Bob said,

"Would you like an order of chicken? We serve all food that you order to you at the same time."

"When I see chicken every thing becomes insanely bright so I must eat in a pitch-black room to see normally," answered Mark.

"We have pitch black rooms."

"If I eat in a pitch black room I must have green beans."

"We have green beans."

"If I see green beans, they will make me think of chicken in a bad way and I will avert my eyes from the chicken. If I do not see the chicken than I cannot see the green beans so I can look at the chicken again."

"But if you look at the chicken, than you can see the green beans," said Bob.

"If I eat in a pitch black room," continued Mark, "than I will feel sad unless I smell lemonade. If I smell lemonade I will also need to hear the song 'Prelude in C minor'."

"We can play that song," said Bob.

"If I hear the song prelude in C minor when I am sad than I must look at green beans which makes me feel happy. If I smell lemonade when I am happy I will not want to look at green beans or listen to Prelude in C minor.

"We can take away the lemonade after you become happy," offered Bob.

"Then I will become sad," said Mark, "unless I smell lemonade."

"But if you smell lemonade than you will hear Prelude in C minor and look at the green beans which will make you happy which will make you want to not smell lemonade because if you do while you are happy you will have to turn off the music and take away the green beans," said Bob.

"But I have to have green beans if I am in a pitch black room, and besides, then I will feel sad again."

All this thinking made the waiter hungry, and he pulled out his lemon bar and took a bite. Remember, the plural form of lemon is the subject of this story. I never go off the subject, and that statement causes every opinion, statement, and fact in this sentence to be a lie.

lies

The first sentence of each story in a collection of short stories is a lie. Lies were the only thing Martha Dooley had not told Ken Brockawill. Ken Brockawill was a man who gave tickets to everyone that broke the law except for Karen Neverwill. Karen Neverwill was a woman who arrested every criminal except Ned Farious. Ned Farious robbed everyone but Martha Dooley. These four people had never met each other, yet they are all related. However, all these people have tasted a lemon, and the plural form of ‘lemon’ is the subject of these short stories.
Once a pillow ate baskets and pockets, but soon discovered that he was named Greg. Greg bowled some chewing gum that was pregnant. While rolling, the gum had many little baby chewing gums that stuck to the bowling floor. The pillow full of fluff put a bowl of fruit on its head, and danced around a bikini that happened to be on the beer-soaked floor. The bowl of fruit contained an apple, a pear, a mango, and of course, as all bowls of fruits should have, and what would make more sense in this story: a hidden microphone. The microphone, recording the strange sounds of the pillow bowling pregnant chewing gum and dancing, was recording these sounds for a new album by the infamous band: ‘The Lemons’. It went on to not be a hit with the world. However, it was not overlooked as being the subject of this story, which is the plural form of ‘lemon’.

crummy staples

I was in an airplane when I jumped out of the exit. I soon realized that the ground was not a nice place to land on. I was falling without a parachute. The ground was so faraway, yet coming closer and closer. I had nothing with me except clothes. The only way I would survive was to somehow either
a) Land on something soft
b) Stop myself from hitting the ground at high speed
c) Fly
d) Wake up from a dream/coma
e) Use a time machine
f) Defy Gravity
I decided to consider option ‘b’ first. I took my shirt off and held it over my head to use it like a parachute. I started to slow down, but my shirt flew out of my hands. I then looked at the ground. The only thing to break my fall was concrete, concrete, and more concrete. I tried to fly by spreading my arms and flapping. I failed. I pinched my wrist and slapped my face. Unfortunately, I had accidentally pinched and broken the time machine on my wrist that I had forgotten about. To make matters worse, I did not wake up. The only thing left to do was to defy gravity, and the ground was coming closer. I thought about gravity. It did not make sense really, to have to fall down. Why don’t humans fall up? For that matter, why doesn’t gravity force us to the right constantly? I showed no signs of slowing down. Closer examination of the ground revealed that there were many lemons on the ground that would be safe to land on. Sadly, the lemons were too far away to land on. At least I had seen the plural form of ‘lemon’, the subject of this story, before I died. I hit the ground. I stood up, walked to the lemons, and ate one.

more lies

If life gives one the plural form of ‘melon’, throw it back and ask for the plural form of ‘awards’. This is because ‘no cheese, no melon.’ Closer examination of this phrase may reveal the fact that gangs enjoy beating up dogs. However, these gangs are not normal gangs. These gangs lie. They lie on the floor waiting for hair to swallow their empty dreams of perseverance. The hair was not on its end, but Ken Brockawill was. After standing up from his long fall to the ground, Ken decided to become a bodyguard. After Mark’s experience at the restaurant, he decided a bodyguard from the lying gang would be a good idea. Edgar did not like this one bit. Therefore, he got his friend, Mr. E. Ville, and told him to arrest Mark. Mark had murdered Greg and allied with Ned Farious. Greg had previously been eaten in the complete dark by Martha Dooley, while Bob had been singing ‘Prelude in C minor’. Green beans were filling the pillowcase. The smell later revealed that the culprit was Karen Neverwill. The Judge, E. Ville, properly known as Edgar by restaurant critics, sentenced lemons to their ultimate destruction.

rebellion

One merits for all green chancellors. The reason is missing somewhere under the painful boar. These plays on a word, particularly my what? Choose well, wise… blast it all, Edgar, can’t your cards be played more carefully. Crackers blow fools depress cheese. That is why knees are friendly. From what cuddly like of world? Food waiters think of chess. Sticks shout survival wisdom. Witty guaranteed, bells are synthetic. Telephones always interrupt my role monster. The plural form of ‘Role monster’ is without any doubt the subject of this collection of short stories. The reason for this is obvious:
r o l e m o n s t e r s
As everybody knows, nostrils have a hard job.

doubt unplugged

When there are very many mistakes in the world, Rag De Stink will be the one, along with all rubber factories, that has the greatest power. Stock in erasers will raise sky high, as fools and idiots sit in a tree. The eraser knits Edgar, backwards, Rag De Stink resare eht. Resare eht rearranged is ‘h are terse ‘. If ‘h’ are so terse, they must be wrapped in Rag De Stink. St ink can be traced back to the middle ages. Tracing is a useful drawing technique, but can be thoroughly annoying. Cars can be thoroughly annoying, especially when the radio is to loud. Something that is not a loud thing is a bomb in a public airport. A bomb is never allowed in a public airport. I’ll have to live in custody. I look and I laugh. Il. lI. Difference? IL. Li. Airports have many different types of bags. Bags can be used to suffocate crabs, which are edible, monsieur.
E d i b l e m o n s i e u r. Lemons, plural form of ‘lemon’, no elms could defeat.

Finalé

Pretty, do you not agree? This is not what I am not in the conjunction of friendly, dastardly, and spicy quads. Post dishful defy apse to lemons.

Why? h a
Why? m
m Why?
g inexplicable f w
Why?
ignore
h g d Why?
ignite v
Why?
w ignorer c
Why? s s
ingress

i kl iliad d q
Why?
Digressional sorrow.

This has hopefully been of no help to your studies of sedge.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO
EEESLEEEE
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
MMMMMMM
NNMMMNNN
NNNNNN
SSSELSSSSSSSS
ingress <ingress> ingress ingress ingress ing[porquoi le lapin]ress ingress ingress ingress

I’m done here.
Feel free to take notes.
There will be a quiz.

The Prophet
21st July 2003, 02:19 PM
...huh? That's confusing....

Legends-Kuja
21st July 2003, 02:27 PM
Question... WHAT IS THIS?

Okay, I'm done.

Darien Shields
22nd July 2003, 10:15 AM
Funny, you know, I saw lemons and expected to see something completely different that's probably banned on TPM, hehe, but no, instead this...

You're either insane, or a genius.

If it's the former, then you've wasted twenty or more minutes of my life.

And I Want Them Back.

Rasa
22nd July 2003, 05:21 PM
Funny! Great Job!

KaptainSarcasm
22nd July 2003, 06:01 PM
For some reason, I feel like a part of my soul is missing.

Andrew
22nd July 2003, 06:10 PM
Another thing to remember, always give more than a 1 line reply. Try to talk about why the chapter was good, your thoughts, feelings, predictions and such because getting a 1 line reply is almost as bad as getting no replies. Also try to help people by constructive criticism, be nice and helpful.

Just a little thing from Fanfic 101. Stickied may I add. So you people who gave very small replies, - >=o Don't do it again please.

So thanks Polish Hamburger. Althogh I'm totally and utterly confused. It seems you're playing some tricky mind game on us I have to say from the looks of it, all relating to Lemons in a tricky way.

Oh well please explain it all later!

Darien Shields
22nd July 2003, 08:03 PM
Hey, Oz, why not go down to "2ra, Journey Through Hoenn". They only avoid one-liners because they have a water bird hitting their enter key (ala the simpsons.) I don't think you could really advise AGF in his writing, except for to say, the sequel should be called, explaining oranges. Which are the subject of my post.

A Grilled Fish
23rd July 2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Darien Shields
Funny, you know, I saw lemons and expected to see something completely different that's probably banned on TPM, hehe, but no, instead this...

You're either insane, or a genius.

If it's the former, then you've wasted twenty or more minutes of my life.

And I Want Them Back.

Lemons? I would never do a thing like that... I might MiST a Lemon but I would never...I'm sorry.

About your lost 20 minutes and my insanity... If I were to give you back 20 minutes than the 20 minutes I would give you back would be the 20 minutes I took to write this collection of short stories. However, since that would have caused me to never write this collection of short stories, you would not never have asked for those 20 minutes I had given you, and here we are in a strange loop.

Other replies:

The Prophet - Exactly.

Legends-Kuja - 'this' is an implicit pointer to the current C++ object. 'this', within the LEMONS class, is of type LEMONS*.

Rasa - Hmm... Not very many people find propoganda funny.

KaptainSarcasm - Your soul? As in filet-o'-soul? YOUR SOUL IS MINE!!!!

OzAndrew - I think I may have to kill you for revealing my secret plan. But you called me a Polish Hamburger. So I'll probably just slap you with a fish. Or maybe I'll slap myself...

Darien Shields - The sequel to this story is actually entitled 'Insincere Protuberances and how to Deal With Them'. It has been proven to be to dangerous to release into the outside world.

But I'll try anyway!

The world proceeded to explode.

If how the world ended yet you are still alive is inexplicable to you, explain it by saying cheese sandwich. That may or may not explain it. One outcome may be that that will explain it. If it explains it, it is no longer inexplicable, so you don't have to explain it in the first place, so you can just forget about it! It's the same sameness between worthless and priceless. Or the different difference, if you prefer the antagonism of things. If you don't you would be content with the words 'the end'. But wait! The page must be filled before the end! I must somehow fill up this vast lifeless space of nothingness! But what more is there to write if the world has exploded? I mean, if nobody survived I could write about another planet but I was never a fan of aliens. Then again, Mitch might not be happy about that last statement. Then again a second time, Mitch might be blissfully filled with joy. Of course, then again, for a third time, Mitch might be dead. Just a thought. Anyways, the subject of the matter was is the world has exploded and I have nothing to fill this empty space up with. I mean look at it! It is crying to be filled up! Yet I am unable to, therefore I cannot finish this story. Yes, much to the alas of many readers, they will be disappointed to find the words 'the end' at the middle of a page instead of the bottom, which everyone prefers. You probably think I'm prejudice about everyone, don't you! Well I think everyone knows that is not true, because everyone is stupid! So there! But since this story is filled with empty space and fragments, this story will never become a Newberry award winner. Actually, I probably wouldn't want the Newberry award. They only give to stupid "heartwarming" books. Please note that the last sentence was said in an exaggeratingly sarcastic imitation of someone making fun of a guy who is mimicking someone who speaks with a high pitch. And you don’t want to hear what that sounds like. Or do you? Maybe, someone out there can give us an answer! Hello, I need feedback! FEEDBACK! Nice effect there eh? It kind of covers up my true woes of this incomplete story. Whatever will become of me after this story destroys me? I will be just another poverty-stricken grain of sand used to make a silicon chip. OK, forget that analogy. Those bad analogies are just like when you put a potato in the microwave. Because putting a potato in a microwave is bad. Get it? The other thing, besides the emptiness of this page that disturbs me is the fragments. I mean as a writer I must be extremely bad if I have so many fragments hanging about the page, because as everyone knows, a pen may mark, but I wonder why floppy discs are called that if they're not *slaps self with fish*

>-|-|-|-'>
"You are terminated."

Legends-Kuja
24th July 2003, 06:12 AM
A bunch of crap that made me laugh? I guess it's worth it. Unfortunately, I cannot say much else...

The Prophet
24th July 2003, 07:56 AM
...Are you parodying the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy series? Some of your confusing things remind me of it...

A Grilled Fish
28th July 2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by The Prophet
...Are you parodying the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy series? Some of your confusing things remind me of it...

I don't mean to be, but you know what they say:
"Demented Minds Think Similarly!"

The abbreveation for that is DMTS, which is 'Demotes' without the vowels. 'Demotes' is what a boss would do, like Giovanni, the rocket boss. Team Rocket makes more money than a lemonade stand, which would use the plural form of 'lemon' to create profits.

Forgive me, once I begin writing I cannot stop (unless I finish what I am writing).

The Prophet
28th July 2003, 09:10 AM
Oooh... thought-provoking. 'Tis true, though.

mr_pikachu
28th July 2003, 03:06 PM
I think I'm insane. But then again, insane people are not typically aware of their insanity. So perhaps I am not insane, perhaps I only incorrectly believe that I am. But isn't insanity simply the misinterpretation of the world around us? In that case, I am insane, since I am misinterpreting the fact that I am not insane. But then again, if I am insane then I am not misinterpreting anything, am I? But I thought that insane people did not know they were insane. Perhaps I am insane for misinterpreting this fact. Trying to think this much is making me insane. Or is it? This post is officially filled with the insane ravings of an insane madman. But if the insane madman says he is insane, then maybe he is not insane, since insane people usually are not aware of their insanity. That's insane!

Lady Vulpix
29th July 2003, 04:07 PM
Nice work with paradoxes! I would say more, but then I'd run the risk to go off-topic and you have already said that nothing on this thread can divert from the topic, which is the plural form of the word lemon. If my post did, then I would turn you into a liar. Of course, everything on this post is a lie, especially the last sentence.