PDA

View Full Version : Jak II

Knux
22nd July 2003, 10:27 AM
I'm excited for this sequel to Jak and Daxter. They're going for a grittier, more serious story this time around, which is as follows (Jak and Daxter I Spoilers):

In the "good" ending of J&D, obtained if you got all the power cells before finishing, the duo find a strange door and enter it. In Jak II, we find out where the door leads: into the future. The people of this time freak out over these two weirdos appearing from nowhere, and they toss them into prison. There they stay for quite some time, until they manage to escape. Now, of course, they are on the run, and Jak sometimes wears a red mask that covers everything below his eyes. I'm sure the story takes some turns from there, but that's all I know.

More interestingly, Jak, unlike on J&D, will speak, and in fact, his language as well as Daxter's and other characters', may possibly be a bit coarse, which along with the new atmosphere of the game will quite likely get Jak II a T rating - I'm glad they're not going over the top and doing things to get it rated M.

Did anyone here enjoy Jak and Daxter, and are you going to play/buy this when it comes out in October?

Adz44
22nd July 2003, 01:15 PM
I've seen screenshots of this game in magazines for a few months now. I can't say I'm really all that excited because I haven't played the first one, but I reckon it will be another big seller. Maybe not as much copies as Vice City, but a respectful amount none the less. If I see it going cheap one day, I may buy it if there's nothing else around (which there probably will be. There's plenty of good looking PS2 games being created at the moment).

Anyway, I'm sure it will please the fans of the previous game. As for me, the next game I'm eagerly awaiting is True Crime: Streets of LA...

internal dragon
22nd July 2003, 06:47 PM
My cousin has the first one and I've played it and liked it and this one looks realy cool so maybe I'll buy it.