PDA

View Full Version : Poll: That Game Is Way Better than they said it was

Gengachu
22nd July 2003, 07:36 PM
If you didn't guess from the title, which is probably the case, the poll is about gaming magazines.

1. Do you read gaming magazines?
2. What magazines do you subscribe too?
3. What do you think of the ones you read?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Yes.
2. I subscribe to Electronic Gaming Monthly, and I used to subscribe to Nintendo Power.
3. EGM is really cool, imo. They insert a lot of humor into their articles, and the news they supply is usually pretty up to date and interesting. Their reviews are usually pretty accurate too, and having 3 reviewers let's you see a variety of opinions. They also invite people from other magazines like X-Box Nation and Official Playstation Magazine to do reviews.
Nintendo Power is a totally different story. Usually there isn't any humor, and when there is it's aimed towards kids. The news is usually outdated and often boring. The reviews are about right though. But the thing that annoys me the most about NP is that they act is if Nintendo is the only company there is. Not only do they not mention the other X-Box and PS2, but they also don't acknowledge that games that aren't on GCN or GBA exist. They did this summary of the Final Fantasy series, but only included games on SNES,NES, and GB. I doubt if they've changed much since then.

aragornbird
22nd July 2003, 07:47 PM
Hmmm....sometimes

I USED to subscribe to Nintendo Power, and I bought a couple of issues of EGM from a store.

Basically, the same things you stated above. I'm not really into games that much, because my parents never let me play any. But I can learn a lot about them just by reading them, though I've been too busy to do that lately.

Mikey
22nd July 2003, 09:38 PM

1. Yes
2. Nintendo Power/Official Xbox Magazine
3. They are decent. NP is awesome with the special info and stuff, but they rate nintendo games perfect. Xbox gives you free demo discs every month, so I'm not complaining.

Katie
22nd July 2003, 11:32 PM
occasionally.
none, but I borrow my friend's nintendo power every once in a while. also some ps2 one (forget the name), only read it once though.
pretty good, but most of the stuff in there is for games I've never played before ..;

~Katie

ILikePokemonP
23rd July 2003, 02:05 AM

:yes:

Well I was subscribed to Nintendo Gamer (Aussie) but I found out that they aren't making it anymore when I saw an extra piece of paper than usual. They said it was to do with "commercial" reasons, one of them I'll guess is that gamecube doesn't do very well here. Oh well.

The captions for the pictures were really funny and the reviews were good. I don't think they used a spellchecker much though, you could always find a few mistakes every issue.

Real One Barunson
23rd July 2003, 01:30 PM
1. No
2. No
3. They say stuff about games I don't play :<

The only magazines I care to read are Popular Science and Popular Mechanics and National Geographic >:p

Adz44
23rd July 2003, 03:46 PM
1. Yeah, about the only things I do read. lol

2. Official UK PS2 Magazine, PSM2 and Nintendo Officical Magazine.

3. They're a good read. The magazines also have a good amount. When they review a game they find to be absolutely rubbish, they really have a go at it. Don't always agree with the reviews, but still, great mags.

Pichu
23rd July 2003, 06:06 PM
Used to~

I didn't suscribe any. I just buy if off in the supermarket.

Various car magazines. I used to read that Beckett Pokemon magazine, but they don't do pokemon anymore. :mad: