PDA

View Full Version : Togetic

Dragon_Claw
23rd July 2003, 03:44 PM
I've been meaning to ask, did Togetic made it's appearance. Cuz somebody said every Pogey made it's appearance, but I never heard of Togetic there

Mikey
23rd July 2003, 04:04 PM
Togetic and Porygon2 are the only Pokemon that have not made an appearance.

Rocketboy
23rd July 2003, 08:32 PM
Is Porygon the reason why Porygon2 isn't in the Anime?

Mikey
23rd July 2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Rocketboy
Is Porygon the reason why Porygon2 isn't in the Anime?

No Porygon had nothing to do with the blinking lights in the episode. I don't believe it was the reason. Maybe they just couldn't find a decent episode to place it in.

Hanada Tattsu
24th July 2003, 11:55 AM
No, the Japanese animators are nervous because people usually tie Porygon in with the seizure incident, so that's why they haven't shown Porygon 2 either.

As for Togetic, it hasn't been seen ever.

Dragon_Claw
24th July 2003, 12:24 PM
And I think we all know who that Togetic is gonna be...:rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
24th July 2003, 12:30 PM
I doubt Misty's Togepi will ever evolve, she likes it the way it is. Plus, it hardly ever battled, so maybe it will, but maybe it won't.

Light_Togetic
28th July 2003, 04:48 PM
Well, considering Togepi evolve based on happiness, Misty's Togepi could evolve if it ever did battle. (Assuming it likes her, which I think is pretty obvious) Although, I highly doubt they'll ever let it evolve; it'd be like evolving Pikachu. It just isn't gonna happen. But it would be nice to see Togepi battle...

Hanada Tattsu
29th July 2003, 12:29 AM
Well, going by that theory, then Togepi should have evolved at the end of Indigo, because by that time, it was already very attached to Misty. However, Togepi's 'cuteness' will never make it evolve, though Togetic is equally as cute, if not cuter.

Chikoo
30th July 2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Well, going by that theory, then Togepi should have evolved at the end of Indigo, because by that time, it was already very attached to Misty. However, Togepi's 'cuteness' will never make it evolve, though Togetic is equally as cute, if not cuter.

;o Togetic scares me. What is it? Someone said it was an angel and then I heard someone say it was a chicken. o_O Whatever it is, it's not cute to me at all.

Light_Togetic
30th July 2003, 09:19 PM
Oh come on, there are many pokemon that are, shall I say, odd looking. What about Togepi itself? It looks pretty darn weird, and what exactly is it supposed to be?

And Blaziken? I know it's supposed to have something to do with a chicken, but it doesn't seem very chickenish to me.

Anyway, before I get more off-topic... (sorry, Togetic happens to be one of my very favorite pokemon... I felt compelled to defend it...) I'd like to agree with Hanada, because I suppose if Togepi were to evolve based on happiness, it probably would have end Indigo/beginning Orange Islands. Good point.

Potato Dude
4th August 2003, 11:34 AM
Togepi is a spoiled brat. Those things are NEVER happy! I live with one, and I am something of one, too...but the other spoiled brat gets away with everything, and then asks me to squash cockroaches in her room full of pink crapola, with Kelly Clarkson or the Backstreet Boys blaring in the background...

Jamesology101
7th August 2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
No Porygon had nothing to do with the blinking lights in the episode. I don't believe it was the reason. Maybe they just couldn't find a decent episode to place it in.

Like that's ever stopped them before! They usually come up with any old piece of junk plotline with the sole purpose of showcasing a new Pokemon. Porygon hasn't been seen in the anime since either, am I right? Porygon2's been left out because it looks so similar to its pre-evolved form, and carries the stigma of the seizure episode with it.

I hope Misty's Togepi evolves, Togetic is much cuter and more likable than Togepi. Togepi is kind of scary, actually. Plus, it would be weird for a Pokemon to remain in its infant form forever - unlike Pikachu, which is an adult Pokemon who just doesn't want to evolve.

Black Skull Dragon
15th August 2003, 03:10 PM
Togepi would evolve if it ever battled again. It battled once, and won, so that may have leveled it up a bit. It seems pretty happy with Misty, so I think that if it were to go up one more level, it would evolve. Maybe in a Hoso special.......

Chris 2.1
16th August 2003, 06:29 AM
I think the new Misty Special indicates putting a life at risk, so I think Misty may either save one of the three:

1) Casey. Meh. She;s at the gym...
2) Psyduck...a character that always screws up XD
3) Togepi, its innocence might mean he slips away while M battles, no?

Well, we can hope! Still, it wont hav a Pokedex entry, unless Casey uses hers......

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th August 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Except happiness-evolving Pokemon need to both reach a certain level of happiness AND have battle experience in order to evolve. Togepi may simply not have enough experience.

I do think Togepi will evolve someday because, as has been said before, its evolutionary cycle is more like growing up, and everybody grows up at some point. Baby Pokemon can't stay babies forever after all.

And I rather like Togetic, and would certainly like to see Togepi mature some. Aside from learning Metronome and Charm it hasn't changed at all since it first hatched. Me thinks Misty isn't trying hard enough to train it and is inadvertently incouraging it to stay a baby. Not that she should be strict with it or anything but she should be trying more, like how she now is trying to teach Psyduck how to breathe underwater and swim.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 11:39 AM
I dunno. I mean, we never did see the group 24/7. I mean, Misty may have trained Togepi some, she may have battled weak wild Pokemon, so who knows maybe it is ready to evolve.